Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let's talk about tertiary genes.
1 2 3 4 5 6
I didn't like it at first, but I love it as scabbies for plague dragons!

Also I'm a huge supporter of crackle lol
I didn't like it at first, but I love it as scabbies for plague dragons!

Also I'm a huge supporter of crackle lol
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
Did I write somewhere that people shouldn't post constructive criticism?
I don't think so.

Of course if you don't like it you're allowed to! And heck, if you want to say why, do it, as long as it's helpful for future genes.
But the drama over Keel was mostly "ew don't like it, it sucks, bad, boo FR artists are bad" and this is so dumb.

I've ever seen some people saying "I'm not a fan but look at this cute scry I made!" like.. uhm. You just liked the gene. This scry made you like the gene..

@deztora On that.. as much as I'd love to agree, I can't. Really, the only tert that works well with EVERY combo is stained. And even it can be ugly sometimes. And it's okay!
A tertiary for me is situational, because it's gonna look perfect for this special dragon, but not always perfect on every dragon! Every tert works like that, really..

I don't think so.

Of course if you don't like it you're allowed to! And heck, if you want to say why, do it, as long as it's helpful for future genes.
But the drama over Keel was mostly "ew don't like it, it sucks, bad, boo FR artists are bad" and this is so dumb.

I've ever seen some people saying "I'm not a fan but look at this cute scry I made!" like.. uhm. You just liked the gene. This scry made you like the gene..

@deztora On that.. as much as I'd love to agree, I can't. Really, the only tert that works well with EVERY combo is stained. And even it can be ugly sometimes. And it's okay!
A tertiary for me is situational, because it's gonna look perfect for this special dragon, but not always perfect on every dragon! Every tert works like that, really..

y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
8b7a2d23-5bfa-11e9-b21c-e39355bb3972.gif
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 15:08:46" ] On that.. as much as I'd love to agree, I can't. Really, the only tert that works well with EVERY combo is stained. And even it can be ugly sometimes. And it's okay! A tertiary for me is situational, because it's gonna look perfect for this special dragon, but not always perfect on every dragon! Every tert works like that, really.. [/quote] I'm saying that's the way it [i]should[/i] be, not the way it is.
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 15:08:46:
On that.. as much as I'd love to agree, I can't. Really, the only tert that works well with EVERY combo is stained. And even it can be ugly sometimes. And it's okay!

I'm saying that's the way it should be, not the way it is.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
Oh yeah, it SHOULD be like this, but it's waaaay too difficult imo!
And being situational isn't bad either, it's actually pretty cool I think! Makes you search for that one special derg!
Oh yeah, it SHOULD be like this, but it's waaaay too difficult imo!
And being situational isn't bad either, it's actually pretty cool I think! Makes you search for that one special derg!
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ] I'm getting tired of all this salt and hate towards every new tertiary gene, and so I'm finally deciding to write this post. First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid. You maybe don't like it, but don't assume that NOBODY likes it. And it's working with every other "unpopular" gene out there (looking at you Firefly and Smirch). Every. Tert. Is. Valid. People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS- It's obviously not gonna look good on e v e r y dragon! It's a tert! So y'all stop hating and being salty, and better start making cute scries of the new gene instead D:< [/quote] I am fully allowed to express my opinion just as you are even if we do not agree. Also criticism of something is not bad as long as it is constructive.
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 11:25:06:
I'm getting tired of all this salt and hate towards every new tertiary gene, and so I'm finally deciding to write this post.

First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid.
You maybe don't like it, but don't assume that NOBODY likes it. And it's working with every other "unpopular" gene out there (looking at you Firefly and Smirch).

Every. Tert. Is. Valid.
People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS-
It's obviously not gonna look good on e v e r y dragon! It's a tert!

So y'all stop hating and being salty, and better start making cute scries of the new gene instead D:<

I am fully allowed to express my opinion just as you are even if we do not agree.

Also criticism of something is not bad as long as it is constructive.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2020-04-13 15:33:40" ] Also criticism of something is not bad as long as it is constructive. [/quote] Uhm. [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 15:08:46" ] Did I write somewhere that people shouldn't post constructive criticism? I don't think so. [/quote] Yeah.
FallenAngel wrote on 2020-04-13 15:33:40:

Uhm.
I don't think so.
Yeah.
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 15:36:02" ] [quote name="FallenAngel" date="2020-04-13 15:33:40" ] Also criticism of something is not bad as long as it is constructive. [/quote] Uhm. [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 15:08:46" ] Did I write somewhere that people shouldn't post constructive criticism? I don't think so. [/quote] Yeah. [/quote] [quote]I'm getting tired of all this salt and hate towards every new tertiary gene, and so I'm finally deciding to write this post. First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid. You maybe don't like it, but don't assume that NOBODY likes it.[/quote] This VERY VERY heavily implies that anyone who dislikes the gene, for any reason, even if being constructive, is wrong. [quote]First of all: you all are wrong[/quote]
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 15:36:02:
FallenAngel wrote on 2020-04-13 15:33:40:

Uhm.
I don't think so.
Yeah.
Quote:
I'm getting tired of all this salt and hate towards every new tertiary gene, and so I'm finally deciding to write this post.

First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid.
You maybe don't like it, but don't assume that NOBODY likes it.

This VERY VERY heavily implies that anyone who dislikes the gene, for any reason, even if being constructive, is wrong.
Quote:
First of all: you all are wrong
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
I agree! Everyone cAn express their opinion, but after a while, it's just unwanted and unneeded, especially when they're saying it in such a negative manner. Just because YOU think a gene sucks and shouldn't exist, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed/taken away, because others may love it. Just avoid it if you don't like it.
I agree! Everyone cAn express their opinion, but after a while, it's just unwanted and unneeded, especially when they're saying it in such a negative manner. Just because YOU think a gene sucks and shouldn't exist, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed/taken away, because others may love it. Just avoid it if you don't like it.
VGxuHXT.png
[quote name="vidoxi" date="2020-04-13 13:43:18" ] why do so many people get mad about not everyone loving every single update? if people are disappointed theyre allowed to be disappointed. [/quote] Oh, it's just because you all throw hissy fits and then call "constructive criticsm!!" when people point out how incredibly rude you're being. [s]And don't even get me started on how that's a bogus excuse and concrit is worthless coming from some nobody on the internet anyway[/s] And yes, precisely! "Situational"? That's what terts are for! Specific situations! Not every tert is gonna work for every color combo and that's how it should be.
vidoxi wrote on 2020-04-13 13:43:18:
why do so many people get mad about not everyone loving every single update? if people are disappointed theyre allowed to be disappointed.
Oh, it's just because you all throw hissy fits and then call "constructive criticsm!!" when people point out how incredibly rude you're being. And don't even get me started on how that's a bogus excuse and concrit is worthless coming from some nobody on the internet anyway

And yes, precisely! "Situational"? That's what terts are for! Specific situations! Not every tert is gonna work for every color combo and that's how it should be.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
[quote name="SwiftIsHere" date="2020-04-13 15:53:32" ] [quote name="vidoxi" date="2020-04-13 13:43:18" ] why do so many people get mad about not everyone loving every single update? if people are disappointed theyre allowed to be disappointed. [/quote] Oh, it's just because you all throw hissy fits and then call "constructive criticsm!!" when people point out how incredibly rude you're being. [s]And don't even get me started on how that's a bogus excuse and concrit is worthless coming from some nobody on the internet anyway[/s] And yes, precisely! "Situational"? That's what terts are for! Specific situations! Not every tert is gonna work for every color combo and that's how it should be. [/quote] [center][color=brown]holy rudeness batman
SwiftIsHere wrote on 2020-04-13 15:53:32:
vidoxi wrote on 2020-04-13 13:43:18:
why do so many people get mad about not everyone loving every single update? if people are disappointed theyre allowed to be disappointed.
Oh, it's just because you all throw hissy fits and then call "constructive criticsm!!" when people point out how incredibly rude you're being. And don't even get me started on how that's a bogus excuse and concrit is worthless coming from some nobody on the internet anyway

And yes, precisely! "Situational"? That's what terts are for! Specific situations! Not every tert is gonna work for every color combo and that's how it should be.
holy rudeness batman
1 2 3 4 5 6