Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let's talk about tertiary genes.
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thank you OP for spitting truth. Terts are optional!

It is okay to dislike a new gene. It is okay to say you dislike a gene and share your opinion politely. Gene's are subjective and they are not made so that everyone will love them. Some people will use them and others can choose not to. That's the magical aspect of the site is you choose what you like and use. New content doesn't mean you have to use and/or like it. Genes are allowed to be situational as people see fit.

It is not okay to jump on an announcement thread and attack the devs or other people who don't share your opinion (this goes both ways too!). I would also says it's over board to sit on a thread and constantly spam messages about how sad/disappointed/upset some new release makes you feel. Being upset and disliking the content does not equate an opinion to constructive criticism. I'm not saying you have to love it, just like you don't have to hate it. Just be civil and understand that an opinion, whatever it may be, is not the end-all-be-all.

"I think this gene would have looked better if it was organized differently on the wings" --okay, valid constructive criticism

"This new tert isn't my favorite I probably won't use it in my lair" --valid opinion, perfectly okay to feel this way

"This gene is awful, the artists are lazy and people are using it differently than the name implies --not okay, that's not constructive in any way

I don't personally love the gene but I'm equally happy after the update as I was before because there are plenty of other options I can use. Maybe I'll even find a keel baby I like, I'm open minded about it
Thank you OP for spitting truth. Terts are optional!

It is okay to dislike a new gene. It is okay to say you dislike a gene and share your opinion politely. Gene's are subjective and they are not made so that everyone will love them. Some people will use them and others can choose not to. That's the magical aspect of the site is you choose what you like and use. New content doesn't mean you have to use and/or like it. Genes are allowed to be situational as people see fit.

It is not okay to jump on an announcement thread and attack the devs or other people who don't share your opinion (this goes both ways too!). I would also says it's over board to sit on a thread and constantly spam messages about how sad/disappointed/upset some new release makes you feel. Being upset and disliking the content does not equate an opinion to constructive criticism. I'm not saying you have to love it, just like you don't have to hate it. Just be civil and understand that an opinion, whatever it may be, is not the end-all-be-all.

"I think this gene would have looked better if it was organized differently on the wings" --okay, valid constructive criticism

"This new tert isn't my favorite I probably won't use it in my lair" --valid opinion, perfectly okay to feel this way

"This gene is awful, the artists are lazy and people are using it differently than the name implies --not okay, that's not constructive in any way

I don't personally love the gene but I'm equally happy after the update as I was before because there are plenty of other options I can use. Maybe I'll even find a keel baby I like, I'm open minded about it
y7z4RJK.png
[quote name="Crimsonpizza" date="2020-04-13 15:48:19" ] I agree! Everyone cAn express their opinion, but after a while, it's just unwanted and unneeded, especially when they're saying it in such a negative manner. Just because YOU think a gene sucks and shouldn't exist, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed/taken away, because others may love it. Just avoid it if you don't like it. [/quote] This.
Crimsonpizza wrote on 2020-04-13 15:48:19:
I agree! Everyone cAn express their opinion, but after a while, it's just unwanted and unneeded, especially when they're saying it in such a negative manner. Just because YOU think a gene sucks and shouldn't exist, doesn't mean it needs to be fixed/taken away, because others may love it. Just avoid it if you don't like it.
This.
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
8b7a2d23-5bfa-11e9-b21c-e39355bb3972.gif
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
OMG I NEED A CHOCO CHIP COOKIE SUBSPECIES WITH KEEL
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OMG I NEED A CHOCO CHIP COOKIE SUBSPECIES WITH KEEL
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
@DeathPhoenix YES! ALSO THE MINECRAFT ORE DERGS ARE AMAZING!
@DeathPhoenix YES! ALSO THE MINECRAFT ORE DERGS ARE AMAZING!
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
@Arinyl
YESSS
@Arinyl
YESSS
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
I don't even care about the tert (looks about as bad to me as the rest of them do, I'm pretty ambivalent) but people being so obnoxious about others expressing negative opinions (no, actually, it doesn't have to be constructive, people can just say 'this looks bad' without any constructiveness and that is totally fine) are almost making me hate the tert by proxy.

I hope mentioning "keel" and "opinions" in the same post becomes a bannable offense in the future.
I don't even care about the tert (looks about as bad to me as the rest of them do, I'm pretty ambivalent) but people being so obnoxious about others expressing negative opinions (no, actually, it doesn't have to be constructive, people can just say 'this looks bad' without any constructiveness and that is totally fine) are almost making me hate the tert by proxy.

I hope mentioning "keel" and "opinions" in the same post becomes a bannable offense in the future.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
[quote name="deztora" date="2020-04-13 16:18:51" ] (no, actually, it doesn't have to be constructive, people can just say 'this looks bad' without any constructiveness and that is totally fine) I hope mentioning "keel" and "opinions" in the same post becomes a bannable offense in the future. [/quote] I really hope you're [b]joking[/b].
deztora wrote on 2020-04-13 16:18:51:
(no, actually, it doesn't have to be constructive, people can just say 'this looks bad' without any constructiveness and that is totally fine)

I really hope you're joking.
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
The second part was a joke, yes. That'd be a pretty silly bannable offense.
The second part was a joke, yes. That'd be a pretty silly bannable offense.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
this is pretty much verbatim (sans insulting specific user's ideas for differing or updated keel designs) to the comments that got the thread locked in the first place. i haven't seen a situation where people complain about others being negative that hasn't lead to even more drama.
this is pretty much verbatim (sans insulting specific user's ideas for differing or updated keel designs) to the comments that got the thread locked in the first place. i haven't seen a situation where people complain about others being negative that hasn't lead to even more drama.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I'm just sick of the way some react when they don't like something.
Again, I saw some very good criticism, and even tho the gene doesn't get """""fixed"""" (uh. fixing something you don't like, that's a very problematic behaviour), it helps FR artists see what they can do in the future. And that's pretty cool!

But this wasn't the majority..
People are just rude.
And I don't like rudeness-
I'm just sick of the way some react when they don't like something.
Again, I saw some very good criticism, and even tho the gene doesn't get """""fixed"""" (uh. fixing something you don't like, that's a very problematic behaviour), it helps FR artists see what they can do in the future. And that's pretty cool!

But this wasn't the majority..
People are just rude.
And I don't like rudeness-
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png