Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let's talk about tertiary genes.
1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:
"""""fixed"""" (uh. fixing something you don't like, that's a very problematic behaviour)
I'd love to know the context for this making sense. It's certainly not anything to do with complaining about an art thing on a fantasy pet website.
Quote:
"""""fixed"""" (uh. fixing something you don't like, that's a very problematic behaviour)
I'd love to know the context for this making sense. It's certainly not anything to do with complaining about an art thing on a fantasy pet website.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
Uhhhh, if y'all watched the keel thread before all the comments got deleted, it was the supporters of keel that got it locked down lol. A few of them were targeting the people who made mockups and calling their art ugly and worthless, and overall just insulting other players. THIS was what derailed the entire thread and got it locked.

The people complaining about keel were actually giving constructive criticism and being nice. Not saying all, or even most, keel supporters were rude, but a few of them were the reason the thread was purged and locked.
Uhhhh, if y'all watched the keel thread before all the comments got deleted, it was the supporters of keel that got it locked down lol. A few of them were targeting the people who made mockups and calling their art ugly and worthless, and overall just insulting other players. THIS was what derailed the entire thread and got it locked.

The people complaining about keel were actually giving constructive criticism and being nice. Not saying all, or even most, keel supporters were rude, but a few of them were the reason the thread was purged and locked.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
i like it and it looks rly cool on some concepts, i didnt like it at first but i saw a lot of nice draggo scries with it!! i wish it had some better uhhh depth/shading?? on the art
but its rly cool and rly fits perfect some certain concepts c: like.. plaguey weird sickness draggos, or the choco chip ones, ice crystal ones.. and i feel it would be good for some body horror tematics yeee
i like it and it looks rly cool on some concepts, i didnt like it at first but i saw a lot of nice draggo scries with it!! i wish it had some better uhhh depth/shading?? on the art
but its rly cool and rly fits perfect some certain concepts c: like.. plaguey weird sickness draggos, or the choco chip ones, ice crystal ones.. and i feel it would be good for some body horror tematics yeee
120px-Antonia_Sautter_Creations.png

♥ LOVE CAN'T BE CURED ♥

*pixel by cutievirus/dredrail

120px-Antonia_Sautter_Creations.png njdmUlz.png
Okay I'll be honest, I didn't read EVERY 80 pages. My bad ahah.

But still, my point is still there: do. not. be. rude!
And not liking something is not an excuse!

y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
8b7a2d23-5bfa-11e9-b21c-e39355bb3972.gif
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
[quote name="yocchan" date="2020-04-13 16:45:01" ] like.. plaguey weird sickness draggos, or the choco chip ones, ice crystal ones.. and i feel it would be good for some body horror tematics yeee [/quote] Mostly why I love it ahah! Also t e e f f
yocchan wrote on 2020-04-13 16:45:01:
like.. plaguey weird sickness draggos, or the choco chip ones, ice crystal ones.. and i feel it would be good for some body horror tematics yeee
Mostly why I love it ahah!
Also t e e f f
y1ib5Xu.png | Wishlist
| Personal Quests
| Food in Sornieth

| The Deathless Bite
| Lore Thread
| Badges
WIrxbxw.png
SRYwKn0.png
windshade.png
8b7a2d23-5bfa-11e9-b21c-e39355bb3972.gif
Arinyl
he/his
FR+9
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 16:45:35" ] Okay I'll be honest, I didn't read EVERY 80 pages. My bad ahah. But still, my point is still there: do. not. be. rude! And not liking something is not an excuse! [/quote] This doesn't just apply to those who dislike the tert. It also applies to those defending the tert, and EVERYONE on the site. Don't need to single out a group of people over disagreeing opinions, calling them wrong, and saying a group of people need to not be rude. Everyone on the site should follow site rules and not be rude. That simple.
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 16:45:35:

This doesn't just apply to those who dislike the tert.
It also applies to those defending the tert, and EVERYONE on the site.

Don't need to single out a group of people over disagreeing opinions, calling them wrong, and saying a group of people need to not be rude.

Everyone on the site should follow site rules and not be rude. That simple.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote name="Bhunivelze" date="2020-04-13 11:44:13" ] Eh, if people don't like a new tertiary gene and express it, they have every right to. Not every opinion necessarily has to be positive. Sure, it gets tiring to see the same negativity every time a new tertiary gene comes out, but you can't please everyone. As for Keel, it is perfect for making chocolate chip dragons. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=138&bodygene=19&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=53&winggene=19&wings=138&auth=e78ef381b17112c3c3c98368fcd252aebe0f24e4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/quote] Why did you do this to me... now I have to go find a dragon and make it into a choco chip cookie
Bhunivelze wrote on 2020-04-13 11:44:13:
Eh, if people don't like a new tertiary gene and express it, they have every right to. Not every opinion necessarily has to be positive. Sure, it gets tiring to see the same negativity every time a new tertiary gene comes out, but you can't please everyone.

As for Keel, it is perfect for making chocolate chip dragons.

dragon?age=1&body=138&bodygene=19&breed=9&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=157&tertgene=53&winggene=19&wings=138&auth=e78ef381b17112c3c3c98368fcd252aebe0f24e4&dummyext=prev.png
Why did you do this to me... now I have to go find a dragon and make it into a choco chip cookie
https://dappervolk.com/register?referrer=GreenAtlas
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ] First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid. [/quote] Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but an opinion is an opinion not fact. An opinion can't exactly be wrong or invalid as it's someones tastes not what can be a defined fact, and I feel stating that you're wrong for having a thought or opinion because it's not positive is just awful imo and is just a way of silencing others because of it. Maybe you want to reword the opening, OP, because this is just going to start more arguments. [quote name="Dreamson" date="2020-04-13 16:42:17" ] Uhhhh, if y'all watched the keel thread before all the comments got deleted, it was the supporters of keel that got it locked down lol. A few of them were targeting the people who made mockups and calling their art ugly and worthless, and overall just insulting other players. THIS was what derailed the entire thread and got it locked. The people complaining about keel were actually giving constructive criticism and being nice. Not saying all, or even most, keel supporters were rude, but a few of them were the reason the thread was purged and locked. [/quote] FINALLY someone said it!!! I was reading through most the thread and i can also confirm that it was mostly 1 user (and a few others to a lesser extent) who were violently defending Keel is what caused the thread to be locked. NOT people who were criticising the thread and giving their opinions on why they don't like it. And also this: [quote name="FallenAngel" date="2020-04-13 17:04:16" ] [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 16:45:35" ] Okay I'll be honest, I didn't read EVERY 80 pages. My bad ahah. But still, my point is still there: do. not. be. rude! And not liking something is not an excuse! [/quote] This doesn't just apply to those who dislike the tert. It also applies to those defending the tert, and EVERYONE on the site. [B]Don't need to single out a group of people over disagreeing opinions, calling them wrong, and saying a group of people need to not be rude.[/B] Everyone on the site should follow site rules and not be rude. That simple. [/quote] Bolded for emphasis. I really don't appreciate being singled out because i have an *opinion* that i don't like Keel. It's not a crime, and it's just awful to assume that just because someone or some people didn't like the gene that they were the main issues when they weren't, and that doesn't just apply to OP, but to the others saying the same. Guess I sort of know who avoid now, because apparently not liking something means immediately I'm the bad person and is the cause of the thread being locked. *shrugs*
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 11:25:06:
First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid.
Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but an opinion is an opinion not fact. An opinion can't exactly be wrong or invalid as it's someones tastes not what can be a defined fact, and I feel stating that you're wrong for having a thought or opinion because it's not positive is just awful imo and is just a way of silencing others because of it.

Maybe you want to reword the opening, OP, because this is just going to start more arguments.
Dreamson wrote on 2020-04-13 16:42:17:

FINALLY someone said it!!!
I was reading through most the thread and i can also confirm that it was mostly 1 user (and a few others to a lesser extent) who were violently defending Keel is what caused the thread to be locked. NOT people who were criticising the thread and giving their opinions on why they don't like it.
And also this:
FallenAngel wrote on 2020-04-13 17:04:16:
Arinyl wrote on 2020-04-13 16:45:35:

This doesn't just apply to those who dislike the tert.
It also applies to those defending the tert, and EVERYONE on the site.

Don't need to single out a group of people over disagreeing opinions, calling them wrong, and saying a group of people need to not be rude.

Everyone on the site should follow site rules and not be rude. That simple.
Bolded for emphasis. I really don't appreciate being singled out because i have an *opinion* that i don't like Keel. It's not a crime, and it's just awful to assume that just because someone or some people didn't like the gene that they were the main issues when they weren't, and that doesn't just apply to OP, but to the others saying the same. Guess I sort of know who avoid now, because apparently not liking something means immediately I'm the bad person and is the cause of the thread being locked. *shrugs*
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ] First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid.[/quote] [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ]People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS-[/quote] Ironic that you're telling people not to be rude when you yourself are saying rude things, yelling at and calling people names in your opening post. Like, c'mon. What I find incredulous is the apparent double standard when it comes to positive opinions and negative ones. The person who finds a gene pleasing is no more "valid" than the person who finds a gene revolting. "This gene is awesome." is not constructive. "This gene is ugly." is not constructive. And why should it be? These statements are simply expressing a person's personal taste. [i]You can't validate or invalidate an opinion, because opinions are not facts.[/i] Edit: Oops, I put "no less valid" when I meant to say "no more valid." I fixed it.
People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS-
Ironic that you're telling people not to be rude when you yourself are saying rude things, yelling at and calling people names in your opening post. Like, c'mon.

What I find incredulous is the apparent double standard when it comes to positive opinions and negative ones. The person who finds a gene pleasing is no more "valid" than the person who finds a gene revolting. "This gene is awesome." is not constructive. "This gene is ugly." is not constructive. And why should it be? These statements are simply expressing a person's personal taste.

You can't validate or invalidate an opinion, because opinions are not facts.

Edit: Oops, I put "no less valid" when I meant to say "no more valid." I fixed it.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
[quote name="Banescale" date="2020-04-13 18:34:37" ] [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ] First of all: you all are wrong, and Keel is valid.[/quote] [quote name="Arinyl" date="2020-04-13 11:25:06" ]People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS-[/quote] Ironic that you're telling people not to be rude when you yourself are saying rude things, yelling at and calling people names in your opening post. Like, c'mon. What I find incredulous is the apparent double standard when it comes to positive opinions and negative ones. The person who finds a gene pleasing is no less "valid" than the person who finds a gene revolting. "This gene is awesome." is not constructive. "This gene is ugly." is not constructive. And why should it be? These statements are simply expressing a person's personal taste. [i]You can't validate or invalidate an opinion, because opinions are not facts.[/i] [/quote] [font= georgia]^^ This. There's nothing wrong with hating Keel. There's nothing wrong with hating Python. There's nothing wrong with hating Constellation. It's all your opinion, and, as said before, they cannot be validated or invalidated. I personally find Keel to be one of my least favorite genes. It makes me uncomfy to look at and I wish it wasn't so random when it comes to pattern. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to like it. It also doesn't mean you can invalidate my opinion by telling me I'm wrong for hating it. People like it, and so the gene will stay. If you like it, good for you. If you hate it, good for you.
Banescale wrote on 2020-04-13 18:34:37:
People are like "wow no please, this is too situational and all".... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF A TERT YOU DUNGUS-
Ironic that you're telling people not to be rude when you yourself are saying rude things, yelling at and calling people names in your opening post. Like, c'mon.

What I find incredulous is the apparent double standard when it comes to positive opinions and negative ones. The person who finds a gene pleasing is no less "valid" than the person who finds a gene revolting. "This gene is awesome." is not constructive. "This gene is ugly." is not constructive. And why should it be? These statements are simply expressing a person's personal taste.

You can't validate or invalidate an opinion, because opinions are not facts.
^^ This.
There's nothing wrong with hating Keel. There's nothing wrong with hating Python. There's nothing wrong with hating Constellation. It's all your opinion, and, as said before, they cannot be validated or invalidated.

I personally find Keel to be one of my least favorite genes. It makes me uncomfy to look at and I wish it wasn't so random when it comes to pattern. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to like it. It also doesn't mean you can invalidate my opinion by telling me I'm wrong for hating it.

People like it, and so the gene will stay. If you like it, good for you. If you hate it, good for you.
laV4cLs.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6