Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let's talk about tertiary genes.
1 2 3 4 5 6
Imagine trying to change people's opinions by insulting them, calling them and their opinions invalid, and then turning around and telling them to not be rude by...voicing their opinions

I dislike this gene because it makes me uncomfortable and borderline sick to my stomach because the shading and way it's drawn makes it look like a dragon rolled around in glass. Call me a "dungus" all you want, that opinion and feeling is not gonna change
Imagine trying to change people's opinions by insulting them, calling them and their opinions invalid, and then turning around and telling them to not be rude by...voicing their opinions

I dislike this gene because it makes me uncomfortable and borderline sick to my stomach because the shading and way it's drawn makes it look like a dragon rolled around in glass. Call me a "dungus" all you want, that opinion and feeling is not gonna change
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
[quote name="qunii" date="2020-04-13 20:00:51" ] calling them and their opinions invalid [/quote] where does op say this
qunii wrote on 2020-04-13 20:00:51:
calling them and their opinions invalid

where does op say this

Tailmon.gifOABX4Ak.gif Jg8HnSS.pngguil.gif
[quote name="maukipa" date="2020-04-13 20:05:04" ] [quote name="qunii" date="2020-04-13 20:00:51" ] calling them and their opinions invalid [/quote] where does op say this [/quote] [quote] First of all: you all are wrong [/quote] And other defenders of this gene also called others invalid if they didn't like it
maukipa wrote on 2020-04-13 20:05:04:
qunii wrote on 2020-04-13 20:00:51:
calling them and their opinions invalid

where does op say this

Quote:
First of all: you all are wrong
And other defenders of this gene also called others invalid if they didn't like it
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
If I don't like a gene, I just don't use it. Sometimes I have a reason for disliking it, sometimes I don't.

And yet, oddly enough I can always find ONE dragon that a gene will look good on. (Although Okapi will apparently disappear from my lair once I can regene everyone. They just look better in other genes.)
If I don't like a gene, I just don't use it. Sometimes I have a reason for disliking it, sometimes I don't.

And yet, oddly enough I can always find ONE dragon that a gene will look good on. (Although Okapi will apparently disappear from my lair once I can regene everyone. They just look better in other genes.)
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[quote name="Aterna" date="2020-04-13 17:47:46" ] [quote name="Dreamson" date="2020-04-13 16:42:17" ] Uhhhh, if y'all watched the keel thread before all the comments got deleted, it was the supporters of keel that got it locked down lol. A few of them were targeting the people who made mockups and calling their art ugly and worthless, and overall just insulting other players. THIS was what derailed the entire thread and got it locked. The people complaining about keel were actually giving constructive criticism and being nice. Not saying all, or even most, keel supporters were rude, but a few of them were the reason the thread was purged and locked. [/quote] FINALLY someone said it!!! I was reading through most the thread and i can also confirm that it was mostly 1 user (and a few others to a lesser extent) who were violently defending Keel is what caused the thread to be locked. NOT people who were criticising the thread and giving their opinions on why they don't like it.[/quote] I don't think that's what got the thread locked so much as I believe it was what finally [i]prompted[/i] the mods to lock it. That announcement was long overdue for a lockdown. With all the vitriol and hateful comments anybody who's been on this site long enough to see other threads descend to that level was basically counting the hours (I certainly was). It just happened that one particular user personally attacking a number of other players became an offense too high to ignore by the mods. [s]And if you want to get all "conspiracy theory" about it, it's arguably a "better look" for the mods to lock an Announcement thread for players attacking other players than it is for them to lock a thread that's attacking the Dev team lest they prompt a bunch of "they don't want concrit" complaints.[/s] [quote name="themasterplan47" date="2020-04-13 16:03:08" ] Thank you OP for spitting truth. Terts are optional! It is okay to dislike a new gene. It is okay to say you dislike a gene and share your opinion politely. Gene's are subjective and they are not made so that everyone will love them. Some people will use them and others can choose not to. That's the magical aspect of the site is you choose what you like and use. New content doesn't mean you have to use and/or like it. Genes are allowed to be situational as people see fit. It is not okay to jump on an announcement thread and attack the devs or other people who don't share your opinion (this goes both ways too!). I would also says it's over board to sit on a thread and constantly spam messages about how sad/disappointed/upset some new release makes you feel. Being upset and disliking the content does not equate an opinion to constructive criticism. I'm not saying you have to love it, just like you don't have to hate it. Just be civil and understand that an opinion, whatever it may be, is not the end-all-be-all. "I think this gene would have looked better if it was organized differently on the wings" --okay, valid constructive criticism "This new tert isn't my favorite I probably won't use it in my lair" --valid opinion, perfectly okay to feel this way "This gene is awful, the artists are lazy and people are using it differently than the name implies --not okay, that's not constructive in any way I don't personally love the gene but I'm equally happy after the update as I was before because there are plenty of other options I can use. Maybe I'll even find a keel baby I like, I'm open minded about it [/quote] Basically this. Incidentally, something everybody seems to forget but constructive criticism is generally [i]requested[/i]. No where on that announcement do I recall the Devs asking for concrit (and that's ignoring the fact that only select users were actually giving concrit). Now there is a place where players can, if not are outright encouraged to, give constructive criticism and that's the Suggestions forum. People easily could have gone and posted their suggestions for improving/editing/changing Keel and other users could then in-turn, give their opinions and concrit of those suggestions. Some players did. A large majority however unfortunately did not.
Aterna wrote on 2020-04-13 17:47:46:
Dreamson wrote on 2020-04-13 16:42:17:
Uhhhh, if y'all watched the keel thread before all the comments got deleted, it was the supporters of keel that got it locked down lol. A few of them were targeting the people who made mockups and calling their art ugly and worthless, and overall just insulting other players. THIS was what derailed the entire thread and got it locked.

The people complaining about keel were actually giving constructive criticism and being nice. Not saying all, or even most, keel supporters were rude, but a few of them were the reason the thread was purged and locked.
FINALLY someone said it!!!
I was reading through most the thread and i can also confirm that it was mostly 1 user (and a few others to a lesser extent) who were violently defending Keel is what caused the thread to be locked. NOT people who were criticising the thread and giving their opinions on why they don't like it.

I don't think that's what got the thread locked so much as I believe it was what finally prompted the mods to lock it.

That announcement was long overdue for a lockdown. With all the vitriol and hateful comments anybody who's been on this site long enough to see other threads descend to that level was basically counting the hours (I certainly was). It just happened that one particular user personally attacking a number of other players became an offense too high to ignore by the mods.

And if you want to get all "conspiracy theory" about it, it's arguably a "better look" for the mods to lock an Announcement thread for players attacking other players than it is for them to lock a thread that's attacking the Dev team lest they prompt a bunch of "they don't want concrit" complaints.
themasterplan47 wrote on 2020-04-13 16:03:08:
Thank you OP for spitting truth. Terts are optional!

It is okay to dislike a new gene. It is okay to say you dislike a gene and share your opinion politely. Gene's are subjective and they are not made so that everyone will love them. Some people will use them and others can choose not to. That's the magical aspect of the site is you choose what you like and use. New content doesn't mean you have to use and/or like it. Genes are allowed to be situational as people see fit.

It is not okay to jump on an announcement thread and attack the devs or other people who don't share your opinion (this goes both ways too!). I would also says it's over board to sit on a thread and constantly spam messages about how sad/disappointed/upset some new release makes you feel. Being upset and disliking the content does not equate an opinion to constructive criticism. I'm not saying you have to love it, just like you don't have to hate it. Just be civil and understand that an opinion, whatever it may be, is not the end-all-be-all.

"I think this gene would have looked better if it was organized differently on the wings" --okay, valid constructive criticism

"This new tert isn't my favorite I probably won't use it in my lair" --valid opinion, perfectly okay to feel this way

"This gene is awful, the artists are lazy and people are using it differently than the name implies --not okay, that's not constructive in any way

I don't personally love the gene but I'm equally happy after the update as I was before because there are plenty of other options I can use. Maybe I'll even find a keel baby I like, I'm open minded about it

Basically this.

Incidentally, something everybody seems to forget but constructive criticism is generally requested. No where on that announcement do I recall the Devs asking for concrit (and that's ignoring the fact that only select users were actually giving concrit).

Now there is a place where players can, if not are outright encouraged to, give constructive criticism and that's the Suggestions forum. People easily could have gone and posted their suggestions for improving/editing/changing Keel and other users could then in-turn, give their opinions and concrit of those suggestions. Some players did. A large majority however unfortunately did not.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
fr userbase is kind of toxic when it comes to new genes, throwing insults at artists and other players for liking/disliking something isn't called for. i think all genes have the potential to look great!
fr userbase is kind of toxic when it comes to new genes, throwing insults at artists and other players for liking/disliking something isn't called for. i think all genes have the potential to look great!
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
[quote name="hoghops" date="2020-04-13 21:46:17" ] fr userbase is kind of toxic when it comes to new genes, throwing insults at artists and other players for liking/disliking something isn't called for. i think all genes have the potential to look great! [/quote] Agreed! I think everyone is obligated to their own opinion, but lately I've noticed new genes are bringing in a lot of discourse and hate towards each other. It's perfectly fine to not like a certain gene; I personally don't really like keel that much, but there are a few scries I've made that look nice! And there are other genes I don't like either, but I've seen dragons that have the gene I don't like and look nice. At the end of the day this is an online game about collecting dragons. They're pixels people. We need to be civil with each other and when we do argue, keep it polite.
hoghops wrote on 2020-04-13 21:46:17:

Agreed! I think everyone is obligated to their own opinion, but lately I've noticed new genes are bringing in a lot of discourse and hate towards each other. It's perfectly fine to not like a certain gene; I personally don't really like keel that much, but there are a few scries I've made that look nice! And there are other genes I don't like either, but I've seen dragons that have the gene I don't like and look nice.

At the end of the day this is an online game about collecting dragons. They're pixels people. We need to be civil with each other and when we do argue, keep it polite.
2I8iN.gif
> Ray / Raynix
> 2+ FR time
> she / her
> Wishlist
[quote name="deztora" date="2020-04-13 14:43:42" ] inb4 mod lock [/quote] In during mod lock. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1] I get that maybe there was a point about not getting too heated/argumentative here, but it looks like people proceeded to then...get heated/argumentative about that as well.
deztora wrote on 2020-04-13 14:43:42:
inb4 mod lock

In during mod lock.

I get that maybe there was a point about not getting too heated/argumentative here, but it looks like people proceeded to then...get heated/argumentative about that as well.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6