Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How is your clan's architecture?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
My clan usually lives in tent-like shelters within the Starwood Strand, although throughout the years they've been expanding their territory to create bigger refuge capable of accommodating a library and other tools.
My clan usually lives in tent-like shelters within the Starwood Strand, although throughout the years they've been expanding their territory to create bigger refuge capable of accommodating a library and other tools.
~
41d7d00448aa7190155c870001e892f3a12f95de.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
My clan started life as an aerial receiver on its own small floating platform, combing the skies above Reedcleft Ascent for stray signals that drifted through from other realities and translating them. Some of these were wild, vibrant music and some of them were stories.

One of these stories told of a flying party and, with the enthusiasm of a bunch of Wind dragons excited by new ideas and mild oxygen deprivation, they decided to make it happen.

Nowadays it's a huge and complicated conurbation flying in slightly dizzy circles around the outer edge of the Twisting Crescendo. It's made of bamboo frameworks and paper sails, and it's built to flex with the wind, and young dragons from all over Sornieth come here to join the Windsinger's volunteer corps because it's like living in a bouncy castle being driven on a rollercoaster track.
My clan started life as an aerial receiver on its own small floating platform, combing the skies above Reedcleft Ascent for stray signals that drifted through from other realities and translating them. Some of these were wild, vibrant music and some of them were stories.

One of these stories told of a flying party and, with the enthusiasm of a bunch of Wind dragons excited by new ideas and mild oxygen deprivation, they decided to make it happen.

Nowadays it's a huge and complicated conurbation flying in slightly dizzy circles around the outer edge of the Twisting Crescendo. It's made of bamboo frameworks and paper sails, and it's built to flex with the wind, and young dragons from all over Sornieth come here to join the Windsinger's volunteer corps because it's like living in a bouncy castle being driven on a rollercoaster track.
it's a city by the sea, and i think it has these vibes- [img]https://www.italymagazine.com/sites/default/files/feature-story/leader/levizzano_rangone_0.jpg[/img] [img]https://blog.wego.com/wp-content/uploads/1adad783_vrzvbh.jpg[/img] [img]https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/543d4310e4b0aad95e6f05cb/1567558297626-PXTBJNFIS667I4PW0MRH/italy-4256018_1920.jpg[/img] it's very inspired by italian architecture, and has some gothic inspo too. the sea isn't tropical, it's more rocky and new england-y, if that makes sense.
it's a city by the sea, and i think it has these vibes-
levizzano_rangone_0.jpg
1adad783_vrzvbh.jpg
italy-4256018_1920.jpg
it's very inspired by italian architecture, and has some gothic inspo too. the sea isn't tropical, it's more rocky and new england-y, if that makes sense.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

My clan didn’t build the structure they live in. [img]http://www.morphinlegacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Pai-Zhuq-Academy.jpg[/img] It’s based on this somewhat rough cgi building from a certain show I liked growing up.
My clan didn’t build the structure they live in.

Pai-Zhuq-Academy.jpg

It’s based on this somewhat rough cgi building from a certain show I liked growing up.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Our architecture is a combination of terrifying and beautiful, exactly like Mairon, the queen of Arda.
Our architecture is a combination of terrifying and beautiful, exactly like Mairon, the queen of Arda.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
repurposed ruins with vast colorful tents built over & around them for the central area, though on the outskirts it varies more
repurposed ruins with vast colorful tents built over & around them for the central area, though on the outskirts it varies more
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-07-14 10:37:42" ] I imagine they just live in caves dug into the sides of dirt hills, some rooms with windows one big outside space maybe with spiky wood log walls and a plant dome also underground library [/quote] i just realized i pretty much imagine my lair as the wings of fire cave kinda, buildings? or at least thats what they are right, i forget i havent read it in a while but like the whole school and everything is caves im pretty sure?
aludesh wrote on 2022-07-14 10:37:42:
I imagine they just live in caves dug into the sides of dirt hills, some rooms with windows

one big outside space maybe with spiky wood log walls

and a plant dome

also underground library
i just realized i pretty much imagine my lair as the wings of fire cave kinda, buildings?
or at least thats what they are right, i forget i havent read it in a while but like the whole school and everything is caves im pretty sure?
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
[center][emoji=treasure size=1] greek[/center]

greek
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
Well, I've yet to try to figure it out entirely, but:
My clan is split between a giant tree, and the ground underneath it. Residences are dug into the trunk of the tree or built in the canopy, while merchants and traders set up stalls directly under the tree, in a giant open space. Most buildings are very simple, with little decoration on the outside.
Well, I've yet to try to figure it out entirely, but:
My clan is split between a giant tree, and the ground underneath it. Residences are dug into the trunk of the tree or built in the canopy, while merchants and traders set up stalls directly under the tree, in a giant open space. Most buildings are very simple, with little decoration on the outside.
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
My main clan is dug into the side of the Greatwyrm's Breach in a kind of draconic Hobbit Hole style warren. Yes its a cave dug into the cliffside no we are not skimping on Coziness and Amenities. It's a pretty noticeable den seeing as the clan has built a massive cliffside garden structure The subclans don't really have a solid den/nest/etc. One is a group of Ridgeback pirates operating out of the Shifting Expanse, so they have to be pretty mobile to both hit the best marks and to avoid the law. The other is a new one, Shade hunters who, once again, have to be mobile because of their jobs Here is a very rough map of the main clan's lair with entrance detail, slapped together in like 15-20 mins a while back: [img]https://i.imgur.com/cgfsyM7.jpg[/img]
My main clan is dug into the side of the Greatwyrm's Breach in a kind of draconic Hobbit Hole style warren. Yes its a cave dug into the cliffside no we are not skimping on Coziness and Amenities. It's a pretty noticeable den seeing as the clan has built a massive cliffside garden structure

The subclans don't really have a solid den/nest/etc. One is a group of Ridgeback pirates operating out of the Shifting Expanse, so they have to be pretty mobile to both hit the best marks and to avoid the law. The other is a new one, Shade hunters who, once again, have to be mobile because of their jobs

Here is a very rough map of the main clan's lair with entrance detail, slapped together in like 15-20 mins a while back:
cgfsyM7.jpg
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7