Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How is your clan's architecture?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
My clan lives in a narrow part of the Carrion Canyon, so there's both tunnels and exterior structures made out of mostly wood and metal. Most of the actual living quarters are inside the tunnels, while the outside buildings are used for activities, shops, and meetings. Style-wise, the architecture is somewhat basic I suppose? Think Kakariko Village from Twilight Princess but lifted up off the ground and more connected across the canyon; structures hobbled together with metal, stone, and wood with a greater focus on functionality than form. The clan also uses electricity, so there are cords and wires strewn about. [img]https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/maps/5afe73075afd2.jpg[/img] The more important the individual, the higher up in the canyon they live. Recruit living spaces and common areas are much closer to the ground (even the underground areas are farther down) and clan leadership lives at the top.
My clan lives in a narrow part of the Carrion Canyon, so there's both tunnels and exterior structures made out of mostly wood and metal. Most of the actual living quarters are inside the tunnels, while the outside buildings are used for activities, shops, and meetings.

Style-wise, the architecture is somewhat basic I suppose? Think Kakariko Village from Twilight Princess but lifted up off the ground and more connected across the canyon; structures hobbled together with metal, stone, and wood with a greater focus on functionality than form. The clan also uses electricity, so there are cords and wires strewn about.
5afe73075afd2.jpg

The more important the individual, the higher up in the canyon they live. Recruit living spaces and common areas are much closer to the ground (even the underground areas are farther down) and clan leadership lives at the top.
td9UiZS.png
[columns]The clan is in the Fire flight, and the ground there is so hot and malleable that it would be foolish not to take advantage of it. On the surface is a fortified tower, its walls many feet thick, the thick metal door cast in iron and inlaid with geometric copper decorations hammered into divots and guarded around the clock by at least one dragon at all times. Inside the tower is a chamber that leads to a small spiral staircase, which then leads into the main cathedral entrance chamber, carved out big enough to fit at least three Imperials stacked on top of each other. The walls are carved in spiral patterns and dots, biomorphic swirls and circles overlapping. Hanging from metal hooks hammered into the ceiling are massive clusters of Firestarters all gathered and braided together to make massive chandeliers that are continuously raining sparks and embers onto the ground beneath. [nextcol][item=Firestarter][item=Flamerest Embers][/columns] [columns][item=obsidian][item=wavespun cloth][nextcol]The next chamber along, again separated by a massive iron door, is the majority of the rest of the lair. At the bottom of a huge spiralled staircase is a deep pit of eternally burning flame, fed by the sparks raining down from the sea of Firestarters hooked to the ceiling here providing light to the whole clan, while Flamerest Embers at the bottom of the pit provide a well of heat and warmth, occasionally bursting into flames. Hanging from the stairwells are richly colourful swathes of fabric, and the stair slabs are made of obsidian mined from a nearby lava bed. There are 13 layers, each separated by a flight of steps, with several corridors shooting off and branching out into room upon room. The top layer is for those who are visiting, the hatchery (the magma pools fed by diverted magma flows from the surface), the healer's ward, and the classrooms and the training areas. After that, it's arranged by Flight origins-- Fire right at the bottom, closest to the heat at level 13, with Ice on level 2. It's arranged by how well the dragons respond to heat, but there is wriggle room for personal preferences. [/columns] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/11/5healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] [center]There is no difference between status-- the clan leader's personal room is the same size as the lowest ranking member of the clan. What matters is how each individual member decorates. They can expand their quarters if they need more room, or build their own if they feel like their room is too large or if they have a special requirement. Many follow the traditions of their breed and their clan, but there are some who have taken advantage of the softer earth here to experiment with new decoration techniques and architecture. It is a common sight to see a dragon exiting their quarters covered in dirt, and to enter to find something that seems as it should belong in the Light flight, complete with hewn columns and scrolls, or perhaps even a dark and metal-smelling room full of cables and with circuits and electricity dancing across copper sheets. There is room here to grow, and to remember an origin... ...but the clan's leader is very clear that the Flamecaller is their mother, now. At the centre of the fiery pit of the central staircase is a huge iron statue, cast and hammered with copper and gold decals, giant Firebrand Tungsten chunks for her eyes. She stares with fury, her metal visage frozen into a snarl at every single wyrm that enters this clan, and her wings and golden claws defend each of the drakes who live among the burrows. Sparks from above rain down over her metal shoulders, and from beneath, flame. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/2_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] -----[center][size=2]i went overboard with this i'm so sorry[/size][/center]-----
The clan is in the Fire flight, and the ground there is so hot and malleable that it would be foolish not to take advantage of it. On the surface is a fortified tower, its walls many feet thick, the thick metal door cast in iron and inlaid with geometric copper decorations hammered into divots and guarded around the clock by at least one dragon at all times. Inside the tower is a chamber that leads to a small spiral staircase, which then leads into the main cathedral entrance chamber, carved out big enough to fit at least three Imperials stacked on top of each other. The walls are carved in spiral patterns and dots, biomorphic swirls and circles overlapping. Hanging from metal hooks hammered into the ceiling are massive clusters of Firestarters all gathered and braided together to make massive chandeliers that are continuously raining sparks and embers onto the ground beneath. Firestarter Flamerest Embers
Obsidian Wavespun Cloth The next chamber along, again separated by a massive iron door, is the majority of the rest of the lair. At the bottom of a huge spiralled staircase is a deep pit of eternally burning flame, fed by the sparks raining down from the sea of Firestarters hooked to the ceiling here providing light to the whole clan, while Flamerest Embers at the bottom of the pit provide a well of heat and warmth, occasionally bursting into flames. Hanging from the stairwells are richly colourful swathes of fabric, and the stair slabs are made of obsidian mined from a nearby lava bed. There are 13 layers, each separated by a flight of steps, with several corridors shooting off and branching out into room upon room. The top layer is for those who are visiting, the hatchery (the magma pools fed by diverted magma flows from the surface), the healer's ward, and the classrooms and the training areas. After that, it's arranged by Flight origins-- Fire right at the bottom, closest to the heat at level 13, with Ice on level 2. It's arranged by how well the dragons respond to heat, but there is wriggle room for personal preferences.
5healthy_0dead.png
There is no difference between status-- the clan leader's personal room is the same size as the lowest ranking member of the clan. What matters is how each individual member decorates. They can expand their quarters if they need more room, or build their own if they feel like their room is too large or if they have a special requirement. Many follow the traditions of their breed and their clan, but there are some who have taken advantage of the softer earth here to experiment with new decoration techniques and architecture. It is a common sight to see a dragon exiting their quarters covered in dirt, and to enter to find something that seems as it should belong in the Light flight, complete with hewn columns and scrolls, or perhaps even a dark and metal-smelling room full of cables and with circuits and electricity dancing across copper sheets. There is room here to grow, and to remember an origin...

...but the clan's leader is very clear that the Flamecaller is their mother, now. At the centre of the fiery pit of the central staircase is a huge iron statue, cast and hammered with copper and gold decals, giant Firebrand Tungsten chunks for her eyes. She stares with fury, her metal visage frozen into a snarl at every single wyrm that enters this clan, and her wings and golden claws defend each of the drakes who live among the burrows. Sparks from above rain down over her metal shoulders, and from beneath, flame.

2_350.png

i went overboard with this i'm so sorry

tumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.pngrYQWDi3.png
  1. My name is Sig
  2. +8 FR time | please ping me
  3. Trans, he/him
  4. Fire Flight patriot
  5. Mixed Lore and Dominance lair
fire.gifToxrvHn.gif
My clan has fashioned an empire using magma-controlling fire dragons to form towering structures out of igneous rock, which are reinforced with tungsten and steel. The main focus is function and durability, but there's also things like gold inlays and tasteful artistic filigree of that sort. Earth dragons also contribute their elemental talent for shaping/changing stone.

Beneath the city is a tunnel system, which serves as a dungeon.

This entire thing is settled on a pretty substantial island in the middle of a lava lake, so it gets a bit precarious at times- especially the tunnels- but with as much elemental control as there is in the city, dangerous or destructive events with the abiotic features of the territory can usually be mitigated. The only way to the city besides flight in the very tumultuous hot gusty air is a hefty igneous bridge connecting it to the mainland.
My clan has fashioned an empire using magma-controlling fire dragons to form towering structures out of igneous rock, which are reinforced with tungsten and steel. The main focus is function and durability, but there's also things like gold inlays and tasteful artistic filigree of that sort. Earth dragons also contribute their elemental talent for shaping/changing stone.

Beneath the city is a tunnel system, which serves as a dungeon.

This entire thing is settled on a pretty substantial island in the middle of a lava lake, so it gets a bit precarious at times- especially the tunnels- but with as much elemental control as there is in the city, dangerous or destructive events with the abiotic features of the territory can usually be mitigated. The only way to the city besides flight in the very tumultuous hot gusty air is a hefty igneous bridge connecting it to the mainland.
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
My tribe builds open air buildings similar to pagodas for businesses and gathering places, but the main tribe lives in sleeping hollows carved into giant old bamboo. A few loners live in small huts at the territory’s fringe, and the caravan lived in a set of balloons secured to one another that allow them to travel Sornieth freely
My tribe builds open air buildings similar to pagodas for businesses and gathering places, but the main tribe lives in sleeping hollows carved into giant old bamboo. A few loners live in small huts at the territory’s fringe, and the caravan lived in a set of balloons secured to one another that allow them to travel Sornieth freely
Jjr11Cm.png
The surface of Illestoke is a pretty built up town that looks similar to Venice, Italy in architecture. The only difference is instead of crosses, it's the stylized eye that represents the Kingdom. Regia Oculos is similar in construction, with the interior being made of polished marble and the like.

Beneath Illestoke, there is a massive expanse of carved tunnels that are cut to look like castle halls with thousands of candles to light the way. Dens in the countryside resemble a hobbit's home, made to be the correct size for it's inhabitant. There are also various houses and such owned by the beastclans that live within the kingdom.
The surface of Illestoke is a pretty built up town that looks similar to Venice, Italy in architecture. The only difference is instead of crosses, it's the stylized eye that represents the Kingdom. Regia Oculos is similar in construction, with the interior being made of polished marble and the like.

Beneath Illestoke, there is a massive expanse of carved tunnels that are cut to look like castle halls with thousands of candles to light the way. Dens in the countryside resemble a hobbit's home, made to be the correct size for it's inhabitant. There are also various houses and such owned by the beastclans that live within the kingdom.
The guild has built their own little village of sorts. They have several large halls for various trading, sleeping, and eating areas, as well as a temple. Architecture is fairly simplistic I think, mostly wood with some stone and glass elements. The dragons are working on making things a bit more appealing on the outside. A certain batch of dragons likes to live outside, they've marked out their own little pool (some would call it a swamp, but they digress) and they generally prefer to not be near the rest of the guild.
The guild has built their own little village of sorts. They have several large halls for various trading, sleeping, and eating areas, as well as a temple. Architecture is fairly simplistic I think, mostly wood with some stone and glass elements. The dragons are working on making things a bit more appealing on the outside. A certain batch of dragons likes to live outside, they've marked out their own little pool (some would call it a swamp, but they digress) and they generally prefer to not be near the rest of the guild.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
I'm loving all of these questions so much :sob: The architecture is based on Ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic and sometimes Roman architecture with some Sornieth aspects thrown in, of course. It is a town in an oasis (I have already mentioned that) with all sorts of different types of architecture. Many houses are simple, smaller houses made out of hardened mud and bricks, with strong wooden internal framing. All of those types of houses have access to a flat roof which can be used for lounging, sleeping, decor or storage. Both the interior and exterior are purposely made to look rustic and ancient but in reality the interior is actually perfectly levelled and constructed within modern standards. It looks very rustic AND exotic at the same time. [img]https://i.imgur.com/POwcNr7.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5UOQGB3.jpg[/img] Larger houses are built out of limestone, sandstone and granite with wooden components. There are several types of larger houses aka "villas". They can be completely built in a Hellenistic style which is fairly rare because almost all share some Egyptian elements at least. They can be a mixture between an Ancient Egyptian style and Hellenistic style, or they can be fully in an Egyptian style. Fully Hellenistic ones are mainly based on a simple exterior, walls made out of stone and bricks, supported by strong wood and some external roof parts supported by columns. Big terraces and balconies are a popular element as well, and every house has a peristyle. The interior is usually much more extravagant with colourful walls, beautiful and intricate motifs, granite or limestone floors, wall columns, stone stairs, finely framed ceilings, etc. Fully Hellenistic style houses have slanted roofs with terracotta roof tiles but most have accessible roofs with wooden fences and terrace roofing wood. [img]https://i.imgur.com/1fQetuu.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/uMggKOz.jpg[/img] Egyptian style villas are built out of finely polished limestone and sandstone slabs, each has a flat, accessible roof mainly for lounging and parties. All of them are heavily decorated with beautiful and colourful floral, plant or animal motifs (mainly papyrus and water lilies), columns have colourful capitals and each villa has a big garden for many plants, shrubs and a rectangular pond with fish, lilies and waterfowl. The interior is just as colourful and decorated, with finely structured wooden ceilings. [img]https://i.imgur.com/jG139c0.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/06Fbuat.jpg[/img] Palaces and temples are the grandest types of architecture, all are accessible to all folk, temples are open all the time while palaces are populated mostly in the evening and during the night during lavish parties, but are still accessible whenever. Temples are huge limestone structures with strong colourful columns and walls, limestone or granite floors (inside), usually with many columns consisting of grand statues, and sometimes walls were carved to present stunning wall carvings of people and other motifs. [img]https://i.imgur.com/vwkRfdF.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9XQdIuD.jpg[/img] Palaces are also huge stone buildings with huge granite columns, have less plant motifs but more motifs of people and culture. Walls are usually white with pretty colourful patterns but the colour scheme is usually white, red, black and gold. Floors are once again granite or stone with geometric patterns. Both temples and palaces have enormous gardens; temple gardens are situated inside the building, palace gardens are outside the building. [img]https://i.imgur.com/EKldcoO.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/GTm9QfZ.jpg[/img] There are also other public types of architecture like the library, coliseum, granaries, taverns or the hippodrome. [img]https://i.imgur.com/dBmpW3I.jpg[/img]
I'm loving all of these questions so much :sob:

The architecture is based on Ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic and sometimes Roman architecture with some Sornieth aspects thrown in, of course. It is a town in an oasis (I have already mentioned that) with all sorts of different types of architecture. Many houses are simple, smaller houses made out of hardened mud and bricks, with strong wooden internal framing. All of those types of houses have access to a flat roof which can be used for lounging, sleeping, decor or storage. Both the interior and exterior are purposely made to look rustic and ancient but in reality the interior is actually perfectly levelled and constructed within modern standards. It looks very rustic AND exotic at the same time.

POwcNr7.jpg
5UOQGB3.jpg

Larger houses are built out of limestone, sandstone and granite with wooden components. There are several types of larger houses aka "villas". They can be completely built in a Hellenistic style which is fairly rare because almost all share some Egyptian elements at least. They can be a mixture between an Ancient Egyptian style and Hellenistic style, or they can be fully in an Egyptian style. Fully Hellenistic ones are mainly based on a simple exterior, walls made out of stone and bricks, supported by strong wood and some external roof parts supported by columns. Big terraces and balconies are a popular element as well, and every house has a peristyle. The interior is usually much more extravagant with colourful walls, beautiful and intricate motifs, granite or limestone floors, wall columns, stone stairs, finely framed ceilings, etc. Fully Hellenistic style houses have slanted roofs with terracotta roof tiles but most have accessible roofs with wooden fences and terrace roofing wood.

1fQetuu.jpg
uMggKOz.jpg

Egyptian style villas are built out of finely polished limestone and sandstone slabs, each has a flat, accessible roof mainly for lounging and parties. All of them are heavily decorated with beautiful and colourful floral, plant or animal motifs (mainly papyrus and water lilies), columns have colourful capitals and each villa has a big garden for many plants, shrubs and a rectangular pond with fish, lilies and waterfowl. The interior is just as colourful and decorated, with finely structured wooden ceilings.

jG139c0.jpg
06Fbuat.jpg

Palaces and temples are the grandest types of architecture, all are accessible to all folk, temples are open all the time while palaces are populated mostly in the evening and during the night during lavish parties, but are still accessible whenever.
Temples are huge limestone structures with strong colourful columns and walls, limestone or granite floors (inside), usually with many columns consisting of grand statues, and sometimes walls were carved to present stunning wall carvings of people and other motifs.

vwkRfdF.jpg
9XQdIuD.jpg

Palaces are also huge stone buildings with huge granite columns, have less plant motifs but more motifs of people and culture. Walls are usually white with pretty colourful patterns but the colour scheme is usually white, red, black and gold. Floors are once again granite or stone with geometric patterns.
Both temples and palaces have enormous gardens; temple gardens are situated inside the building, palace gardens are outside the building.

EKldcoO.jpg
GTm9QfZ.jpg

There are also other public types of architecture like the library, coliseum, granaries, taverns or the hippodrome.

dBmpW3I.jpg
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
My Cult lives inside many of the Reedcleft Ascent's pillars! They've carved them out, and used some Arcane magic to make them far larger on the inside, so they're basically palatial and filled with luxuries. The actual architecture is rather Romanesque, due to the great deal of Light Flight influence, meaning that marble is heavily used and there are massive stairways and stained glass ceilings. However, it is still quite clearly Wind flight, and massive chunks of jade have been used to make massive pillars in some of the common areas, with malachite being used as floor tiles in some meditative spots and gardens.
My Cult lives inside many of the Reedcleft Ascent's pillars! They've carved them out, and used some Arcane magic to make them far larger on the inside, so they're basically palatial and filled with luxuries. The actual architecture is rather Romanesque, due to the great deal of Light Flight influence, meaning that marble is heavily used and there are massive stairways and stained glass ceilings. However, it is still quite clearly Wind flight, and massive chunks of jade have been used to make massive pillars in some of the common areas, with malachite being used as floor tiles in some meditative spots and gardens.
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png

The Kingdom is set atop the plateaus of Light, the land itself a barrier against ground attack. There are three, strong, stone bridges used for going to and fro, and they are typically used by merchants and traders.

The architecture of the fancier places can be simply defined as Medieval Gothic, whilst the rest is a lovely Romanesque, and occasionally the nice Old Victorian.

The Kingdom is set atop the plateaus of Light, the land itself a barrier against ground attack. There are three, strong, stone bridges used for going to and fro, and they are typically used by merchants and traders.

The architecture of the fancier places can be simply defined as Medieval Gothic, whilst the rest is a lovely Romanesque, and occasionally the nice Old Victorian.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
It really depends on where you go in my clan. The cities are generally very sleek and modern. Designers have attempted to make it habitable for all dragon breeds, which makes for some interesting architecture. So far I haven't figured out the specifics, especially since there will have been different eras of architecture. Out in the countryside, villages look pretty much like they always have. Some of the oldest dragons in the clan have remarked these places wouldn't have looked strange even thousands of years ago. That being said, the rural dragons aren't impoverished. They usually tend to be older dragons who aren't used to modern cities, or those who just want a quiet life.
It really depends on where you go in my clan. The cities are generally very sleek and modern. Designers have attempted to make it habitable for all dragon breeds, which makes for some interesting architecture. So far I haven't figured out the specifics, especially since there will have been different eras of architecture. Out in the countryside, villages look pretty much like they always have. Some of the oldest dragons in the clan have remarked these places wouldn't have looked strange even thousands of years ago. That being said, the rural dragons aren't impoverished. They usually tend to be older dragons who aren't used to modern cities, or those who just want a quiet life.
giphy.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7