Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What were your first two months like?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Mostly I was struggling to make money and spending it all immediately on dragons and lair expansions, then lamenting how long it would take to gene my progens. I spent a LOT of time in Dragon Share too and failing to level a coli team.

Eventually I discovered coli and fairgrounds guides and the concept of saving money. I also got super invested in NotN.

Although, I'm probably going to forever regret not grabbing a Crystalcourt Cascades during Rockbreaker's since "I didn't want to cover up my pretty dragons in apparel"
Mostly I was struggling to make money and spending it all immediately on dragons and lair expansions, then lamenting how long it would take to gene my progens. I spent a LOT of time in Dragon Share too and failing to level a coli team.

Eventually I discovered coli and fairgrounds guides and the concept of saving money. I also got super invested in NotN.

Although, I'm probably going to forever regret not grabbing a Crystalcourt Cascades during Rockbreaker's since "I didn't want to cover up my pretty dragons in apparel"
aaa1NMKd2y.png
aaaLDICVbr.gif
I joined the week before Brightshine Jubilee. And so it was like...

"Oh, I like this free dragon and that one...and that one too."

"OH a festival! This is so cool, let's do all the stuffs."

"Oh my friend who invited me just happens to be purging her lair...let's take all those dragons too!"

I probably expanded my lair half a dozen times in the first two months and it was still full. I actually still have two or three of the dragons that I chose for free when I joined. I also switched flights in my first month and started my hatchery.

I was ALL IN.
I joined the week before Brightshine Jubilee. And so it was like...

"Oh, I like this free dragon and that one...and that one too."

"OH a festival! This is so cool, let's do all the stuffs."

"Oh my friend who invited me just happens to be purging her lair...let's take all those dragons too!"

I probably expanded my lair half a dozen times in the first two months and it was still full. I actually still have two or three of the dragons that I chose for free when I joined. I also switched flights in my first month and started my hatchery.

I was ALL IN.
lGriifT.png
I basically signed up, bred my progens and left for 8 months. When I came back, I snagged the cheapest dragons I could find (Dynas, for instance--honestly she's still gorgeous) and used the rest of my treasure to expand my lair. I stayed off the forums, had no idea what festivals were, and thought the Coli was tedious (didn't figure out how it dropped items, or increased the value of exalted dragons until months later). I had an fairgrounds phase where I would play Artifracture and eventually Tidal Trouble because that was the only way I could figure to make treasure. It was a confusing time.
I basically signed up, bred my progens and left for 8 months. When I came back, I snagged the cheapest dragons I could find (Dynas, for instance--honestly she's still gorgeous) and used the rest of my treasure to expand my lair. I stayed off the forums, had no idea what festivals were, and thought the Coli was tedious (didn't figure out how it dropped items, or increased the value of exalted dragons until months later). I had an fairgrounds phase where I would play Artifracture and eventually Tidal Trouble because that was the only way I could figure to make treasure. It was a confusing time.
fUTZOLh.png
Dragons r my passion :) she/her

I'm working on a wiki for my Clan, here!
U42kJzD.png
My first two months had me a little confused. There were a lot of features to explore and get used to but I was hyped. About a month of waiting for the registration window definitely fostered a lot of excitement! The first thing I found that confused me was the pinging system; the only forum I had been on before FR didn't have it but I quickly found out after asking a kind stranger. I was pretty nervous to reach out and ask questions about things that confused me but once I got up the courage I found that everyone was so helpful! The next thing I did was hang out on the Raffles and Giveaways topic to see if I could get some dragons to start up my lair. I still have them all. The first two holidays I participated in were super fun and got me absolutely [i]hooked [/i] on coli. [b]10/10 would experience again[/b][emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1]
My first two months had me a little confused. There were a lot of features to explore and get used to but I was hyped. About a month of waiting for the registration window definitely fostered a lot of excitement!

The first thing I found that confused me was the pinging system; the only forum I had been on before FR didn't have it but I quickly found out after asking a kind stranger. I was pretty nervous to reach out and ask questions about things that confused me but once I got up the courage I found that everyone was so helpful!

The next thing I did was hang out on the Raffles and Giveaways topic to see if I could get some dragons to start up my lair. I still have them all. The first two holidays I participated in were super fun and got me absolutely hooked on coli.

10/10 would experience again
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
[quote name="Owleics" date="2020-02-04 13:37:49" ] bold of you to assume I can remember that far back probably buying some ugly looking dragons and going wow! so pretty! [/quote]
Owleics wrote on 2020-02-04 13:37:49:
bold of you to assume I can remember that far back

probably buying some ugly looking dragons and going wow! so pretty!
probably trying to figure the game out along with everybody else! i know i spent a LOT of time in the coli trying to level up & find stuff to sell, and i definitely stalked the AH looking for cheap dragons. everything was REALLY expensive back then. i bought my first triple basic dragon for 50k and that was a STEAL back then.
probably trying to figure the game out along with everybody else! i know i spent a LOT of time in the coli trying to level up & find stuff to sell, and i definitely stalked the AH looking for cheap dragons. everything was REALLY expensive back then. i bought my first triple basic dragon for 50k and that was a STEAL back then.
crippling loneliness and barely making ends meet by doing G&G until I figured out that the forums were a thing that existed

and things kinda snowballed from there
crippling loneliness and barely making ends meet by doing G&G until I figured out that the forums were a thing that existed

and things kinda snowballed from there
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
I THOUGHT COATLS WERE CAT DRAGONS
Also I spent the two Clanbound Gaoler Scrolls on my progens "Cause they're OOOOOOLD"
And I didn't but a Light rep. During Brightshine. And now I buy a dragon of the same element as the holiday so it ruins everything.
Yeah...
I THOUGHT COATLS WERE CAT DRAGONS
Also I spent the two Clanbound Gaoler Scrolls on my progens "Cause they're OOOOOOLD"
And I didn't but a Light rep. During Brightshine. And now I buy a dragon of the same element as the holiday so it ruins everything.
Yeah...
LMLA6wg.png
confusion, poverty, awkward interactions, an' an irrational fear of going into the forums
confusion, poverty, awkward interactions, an' an irrational fear of going into the forums
yeeet.png
avoiding FRD and stalking the forum guides + wiki. I was intimidated by literally anyone and everyone and I just wanted to be one of the Cool Kids TM
avoiding FRD and stalking the forum guides + wiki. I was intimidated by literally anyone and everyone and I just wanted to be one of the Cool Kids TM
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
1 2 3 4 5 6