Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What were your first two months like?
1 2 3 4 5 6
DRAGONS STORIES ROLE PLAYING DRAGONS ROLE PLAYING LORE DRAGONS

yep pretty much that sums it up
DRAGONS STORIES ROLE PLAYING DRAGONS ROLE PLAYING LORE DRAGONS

yep pretty much that sums it up
XriSV9h.gif
Cant remember the exact time span between all of these things, so maybe this is the first 4 months or so, but...

1. Make a progen with colors that aren't nearly as nice as I thought, as a breed that I don't like so much anymore. (Some day when all my other projects are done, I might bring him out of the Icewarden's domain and scatter him. Then I can see about genes and all that)

2. Buy cheap dragons and get some from the newbie giveaway threads.

3. Breed them if the hatchlings looked nice.

4. Oh look, the Arcane festival. I love free stuff.

5. Save up for a couple of level 25s, then use them to train a healer.
Cant remember the exact time span between all of these things, so maybe this is the first 4 months or so, but...

1. Make a progen with colors that aren't nearly as nice as I thought, as a breed that I don't like so much anymore. (Some day when all my other projects are done, I might bring him out of the Icewarden's domain and scatter him. Then I can see about genes and all that)

2. Buy cheap dragons and get some from the newbie giveaway threads.

3. Breed them if the hatchlings looked nice.

4. Oh look, the Arcane festival. I love free stuff.

5. Save up for a couple of level 25s, then use them to train a healer.
i had no idea what items had value. my first forum post (iirc) was in a thread where a user was leaving and giving away all their things. i think they had a lot of unhatched eggs, g1s, and stuff and i could've gotten super rich in my first few days.

instead, i noticed this one dragon had a lot of apparel! she was even a level 25 mage. of course i requested her, she was black and blue and gorgeous and definitely did not have speckle, facet, and basic as her genes.
it was the full set of teardrop lapis apparel, her stones and stats were really messed up, and she was UGLY now that i think about it
i had no idea what items had value. my first forum post (iirc) was in a thread where a user was leaving and giving away all their things. i think they had a lot of unhatched eggs, g1s, and stuff and i could've gotten super rich in my first few days.

instead, i noticed this one dragon had a lot of apparel! she was even a level 25 mage. of course i requested her, she was black and blue and gorgeous and definitely did not have speckle, facet, and basic as her genes.
it was the full set of teardrop lapis apparel, her stones and stats were really messed up, and she was UGLY now that i think about it
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
It's a terrible feeling, my dear.

Being poor and no lair space and unable to get my butt up and moving to earn currency literally spent two hours on Mahjong and I barely earnt anything what is my computer time up already, it can't be possible I-
It's a terrible feeling, my dear.

Being poor and no lair space and unable to get my butt up and moving to earn currency literally spent two hours on Mahjong and I barely earnt anything what is my computer time up already, it can't be possible I-

I honestly don't remember...

I honestly don't remember...
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
My first two months were laggy and exciting- it's kind of hard to remember specifics. The site was super slow to load, and I remember the downtimes were the worst ever because all my friends and I wanted to do was play more Flight Rising. It was a nightmare trying to play Jigsaw because I disconnected so often. The market for dragons was insane- I couldn't afford anything good, Imps were prohibitively expensive, and I considered it an absolute steal to get a hatchling that looked like this for (I think) 15kt [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=4&auth=9b1089e9afd3b089fd959464f175cd83f2fcdd7e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] He had a Rust tert, but triple-gened dragons weren't really much of A Thing for me yet so I didn't care at all. He was a cute Iri/Shim! What else mattered? Especially when my progens kept giving me atrociously ugly basic babies [emoji=spiral laughing size=1] Let's see what else... the Lightning festival was the most exciting thing ever. I spent a lot of time grinding away in the coliseum and wiping horrifically to groups of Light elemental mobs. The forums were a ton of fun, so I was chatting there all the time too- especially on the Suggestions forums iirc? There was a really strong sense of community, lots of infamy and drama. Good times~
My first two months were laggy and exciting- it's kind of hard to remember specifics. The site was super slow to load, and I remember the downtimes were the worst ever because all my friends and I wanted to do was play more Flight Rising. It was a nightmare trying to play Jigsaw because I disconnected so often. The market for dragons was insane- I couldn't afford anything good, Imps were prohibitively expensive, and I considered it an absolute steal to get a hatchling that looked like this for (I think) 15kt

dragon?age=0&body=43&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=57&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=4&auth=9b1089e9afd3b089fd959464f175cd83f2fcdd7e&dummyext=prev.png

He had a Rust tert, but triple-gened dragons weren't really much of A Thing for me yet so I didn't care at all. He was a cute Iri/Shim! What else mattered? Especially when my progens kept giving me atrociously ugly basic babies

Let's see what else... the Lightning festival was the most exciting thing ever. I spent a lot of time grinding away in the coliseum and wiping horrifically to groups of Light elemental mobs. The forums were a ton of fun, so I was chatting there all the time too- especially on the Suggestions forums iirc? There was a really strong sense of community, lots of infamy and drama.

Good times~
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
1 2 3 4 5 6