Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What were your first two months like?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined two months ago so here's my blooper reel.

Thought gathering and the AH was the only way to get food and so spent all my treasure from fairgrounds on single units of food.
Hatched my first scavenged egg before I knew what they were worth.
Assumed that the preview while breeding was the actual outcome and thought there was a glitch when it wasn't.
Avoided coli for a full 10 days because I thought dragons fainting in battle meant they were gone forever.
Hoard sold about 30 delicate bat wings (wait that was yesterday)
Joined two months ago so here's my blooper reel.

Thought gathering and the AH was the only way to get food and so spent all my treasure from fairgrounds on single units of food.
Hatched my first scavenged egg before I knew what they were worth.
Assumed that the preview while breeding was the actual outcome and thought there was a glitch when it wasn't.
Avoided coli for a full 10 days because I thought dragons fainting in battle meant they were gone forever.
Hoard sold about 30 delicate bat wings (wait that was yesterday)
w6Voqf6.png
CONFUSION

But really, it took a long time before I figured out how everything worked. I remember reading everything on the Encyclopedia and spitting through the Guides forum, and begging for free things at giveaway threads. I also really liked trading items and writing very dumb lore blurbs.
CONFUSION

But really, it took a long time before I figured out how everything worked. I remember reading everything on the Encyclopedia and spitting through the Guides forum, and begging for free things at giveaway threads. I also really liked trading items and writing very dumb lore blurbs.
umLF6oK.gif Jack / Dawn
Any pronouns!
FR+9
"oh, my dragons won't need clothes! They're pretty as is!"
"how do I make money efficiently"

Jump to now when nearly every dragon in my lair has an obnoxiously elaborate and/or expensive apparel plans :')
not to mention my several projects

worse!
heck
festering

but still
"oh, my dragons won't need clothes! They're pretty as is!"

Jump to now when nearly every dragon in my lair has an obnoxiously elaborate and/or expensive apparel plans :')
not to mention my several projects

worse!
heck
festering

but still
21571.png Call me Meido! (any pronouns)
Neurodivergent, I do use tone indicators at times!
Don't be afraid to ping me! (+3 FR Time)
Wishlist - Gene Plans
Current Avatar
I poked around for a couple days and then left for almost a year. I just couldn't get into the game at first!
I poked around for a couple days and then left for almost a year. I just couldn't get into the game at first!
td9UiZS.png
I can’t remember any major oopsies except the fact that I didn’t know fest currency could drop in the coli and I didn’t think about buying everything to sell later (stonks)

Also I avoided the forums because I didn’t know these sort of pet websites included actual interaction with other users
I can’t remember any major oopsies except the fact that I didn’t know fest currency could drop in the coli and I didn’t think about buying everything to sell later (stonks)

Also I avoided the forums because I didn’t know these sort of pet websites included actual interaction with other users
Ot3Ahks.jpg
I hung around the Raffles and Giveaways section my first two weeks on the site and asked for pretty dragons. I exalted my progens days after joining because there were way more pretty dragons being given away.

I studied builds for the Coliseum and saved up enough to have someone train my first two coli dragons to 25.

I ran a graphic shop to earn gems and treasure.

I stalked threads that gave away familiars to build up my bestiary.

I discovered UMs and descended into hell...
I hung around the Raffles and Giveaways section my first two weeks on the site and asked for pretty dragons. I exalted my progens days after joining because there were way more pretty dragons being given away.

I studied builds for the Coliseum and saved up enough to have someone train my first two coli dragons to 25.

I ran a graphic shop to earn gems and treasure.

I stalked threads that gave away familiars to build up my bestiary.

I discovered UMs and descended into hell...
Vj90o7H.png
Back then, every breed besides the starters was damn expensive and just as I managed to scrape together funds for a pair and tried to make bank on them, the prices for that breed had crashed, so for a while I was in this amazingly frustrating cycle of paying through nose for dragons but never getting to sell any for such prices. I'm so glad that's over lmao.
Back then, every breed besides the starters was damn expensive and just as I managed to scrape together funds for a pair and tried to make bank on them, the prices for that breed had crashed, so for a while I was in this amazingly frustrating cycle of paying through nose for dragons but never getting to sell any for such prices. I'm so glad that's over lmao.
just remembered that back in my newbie times i was VERY good at getting money, spec. gems efficiently
and i've no idea how

went to the scrying workshop, came out with a goal- obs/violet/white noc boy with cry/daub/ghost and shadow rare eyes
the colour combo is actually pret-ty common, and it didn't take too long of checking the ah to find the dragon i needed- perfect colours and eyetype
an iri/stripes/circuit male spiral
so, needing two treasure genes, a gem gene, and a gem breedchange (this was in september, too, so noc scrolls weren't exactly at their cheapest)

he was finished in ~two weeks
just remembered that back in my newbie times i was VERY good at getting money, spec. gems efficiently
and i've no idea how

went to the scrying workshop, came out with a goal- obs/violet/white noc boy with cry/daub/ghost and shadow rare eyes
the colour combo is actually pret-ty common, and it didn't take too long of checking the ah to find the dragon i needed- perfect colours and eyetype
an iri/stripes/circuit male spiral
so, needing two treasure genes, a gem gene, and a gem breedchange (this was in september, too, so noc scrolls weren't exactly at their cheapest)

he was finished in ~two weeks
My first two months were.... chaotic.... I'll try to explain.....

See, it all went like this:

Make account > make progens > breed progens > do gathering turns > accidentally Vault something instead of hoardselling > freak out because it's my first day and I can't find the Vault > buy a bunch of dragons > breed said dragons > sell hatchlings > username change > flight change > breed dragons again > sell hatchlings > screw up the breeding order and breed everyone with someone who isn't their mate > sell hatchlings > buy more dragons > screw up breeding even more > sell hatchlings > exalt some dragons > figure out how to get them back > exalt random progen for space > hatch eggs > breed dragons > sell dragons > buy dragons > restore progen > exalt progen again > restore progen again > exalt progen again and leave him exalted for 5 months > breed dragons > sell dragons > buy dragons > flip around mates again > quite honestly by this time 90% of my lair was related somehow

And this is just the short version of what happened in two months. Imagine what's been happening in my entire year here.
My first two months were.... chaotic.... I'll try to explain.....

See, it all went like this:

Make account > make progens > breed progens > do gathering turns > accidentally Vault something instead of hoardselling > freak out because it's my first day and I can't find the Vault > buy a bunch of dragons > breed said dragons > sell hatchlings > username change > flight change > breed dragons again > sell hatchlings > screw up the breeding order and breed everyone with someone who isn't their mate > sell hatchlings > buy more dragons > screw up breeding even more > sell hatchlings > exalt some dragons > figure out how to get them back > exalt random progen for space > hatch eggs > breed dragons > sell dragons > buy dragons > restore progen > exalt progen again > restore progen again > exalt progen again and leave him exalted for 5 months > breed dragons > sell dragons > buy dragons > flip around mates again > quite honestly by this time 90% of my lair was related somehow

And this is just the short version of what happened in two months. Imagine what's been happening in my entire year here.
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
Well, I didn't actually start playing the game until 1 year of my account existing, so I guess my two first months were nonexistent. But i do remember when I actually got back on that I wasn't too interested in festivals, coli, or fairgrounds and was mostly focused on impulse buying whatever dragons i liked and writing them mediocre lore. I got a hang of the festivals pretty quickly (but would always later sell the items/familiars i got), but I only recently got into coli and maxing out fairgrounds, which is embarrassing considering I've been on FR for four and a half years (counting the year i was inactive)
Well, I didn't actually start playing the game until 1 year of my account existing, so I guess my two first months were nonexistent. But i do remember when I actually got back on that I wasn't too interested in festivals, coli, or fairgrounds and was mostly focused on impulse buying whatever dragons i liked and writing them mediocre lore. I got a hang of the festivals pretty quickly (but would always later sell the items/familiars i got), but I only recently got into coli and maxing out fairgrounds, which is embarrassing considering I've been on FR for four and a half years (counting the year i was inactive)
OjYCOIV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6