Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So now that transdragons are official
1 2 3
Magic. Simple enough!

I imagine that Nature, Plague and Arcane dragons are the ones other dragons would go to to have things changed.

Nature/Plague because of life, growth, perseverance etc.

Arcane because it's raw magic. I mean, I personally HC that Arcane can do just about anything except summon the raw elements.

Oh oh!
Shadow too!!

Shadow is all about tricks. I'd bet an imp scroll that included illusions. Perhaps a cheaper way? Or maybe the illusions are actually real and altering.
Magic. Simple enough!

I imagine that Nature, Plague and Arcane dragons are the ones other dragons would go to to have things changed.

Nature/Plague because of life, growth, perseverance etc.

Arcane because it's raw magic. I mean, I personally HC that Arcane can do just about anything except summon the raw elements.

Oh oh!
Shadow too!!

Shadow is all about tricks. I'd bet an imp scroll that included illusions. Perhaps a cheaper way? Or maybe the illusions are actually real and altering.
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
[quote name="Pastie" date="2020-01-24 10:34:10" ] Although more than anything I would like a gender change scroll, i'm pretty certain we will never get one because it would make gameplay far too easy. :( That won't stop me from making trans dragons though. [/quote] I've seen suggestions for a pose change scroll. So, the "sex" of the dragon, if you will, will stay the same for breeding/gameplay purposes, but you'd be able to change the pose. I think it's a good idea. Good for trans dragons and people who just prefer a certain pose over the other.
Pastie wrote on 2020-01-24 10:34:10:
Although more than anything I would like a gender change scroll, i'm pretty certain we will never get one because it would make gameplay far too easy. :(

That won't stop me from making trans dragons though.
I've seen suggestions for a pose change scroll. So, the "sex" of the dragon, if you will, will stay the same for breeding/gameplay purposes, but you'd be able to change the pose. I think it's a good idea. Good for trans dragons and people who just prefer a certain pose over the other.
RGfeibN.png
Rex: To be honest I like the idea that Fiona likes having more antennae and so she keeps them, since there are trans people in real life who might keep say their chest, facial hair, etc because they like having them. I know of a few trans women who have beards for example.

I also feel like a physical gender change scroll would definitely be possible in Sornieth, given how there's already things for permanent changes to breed especially. I feel like if a Fae could transform into a dragon like a Bogsneak and vice versa, a gender change wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.
Rex: To be honest I like the idea that Fiona likes having more antennae and so she keeps them, since there are trans people in real life who might keep say their chest, facial hair, etc because they like having them. I know of a few trans women who have beards for example.

I also feel like a physical gender change scroll would definitely be possible in Sornieth, given how there's already things for permanent changes to breed especially. I feel like if a Fae could transform into a dragon like a Bogsneak and vice versa, a gender change wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.
Do we even know how dragons communicate gender, as a culture? I think that's a neat topic. It'd be really cool if they had a sort of 'language' of braided cords to say who they are, which they can change whenever they want. Number of cords, what color cords are used, and number/color of beads (if any) could all be used in a finished braid to give a quick synopsis of who someone is, their gender, if they're interested in a mate, if they have a clan, ect. Since some species canonically have problems communicating to other species (fae, coatl), it would even make [i]sense[/i] to have a non-verbal system like that. A lot of people headcanon dwarves in DnD doing similar things with their hair and i love it so much,, [emoji=snapper love size=2] [s]Neat side-note, people have done similar things with handkerchiefs in pockets, to communicate sexual preferences[/s]
Do we even know how dragons communicate gender, as a culture? I think that's a neat topic.

It'd be really cool if they had a sort of 'language' of braided cords to say who they are, which they can change whenever they want.
Number of cords, what color cords are used, and number/color of beads (if any) could all be used in a finished braid to give a quick synopsis of who someone is, their gender, if they're interested in a mate, if they have a clan, ect. Since some species canonically have problems communicating to other species (fae, coatl), it would even make sense to have a non-verbal system like that.

A lot of people headcanon dwarves in DnD doing similar things with their hair and i love it so much,,

Neat side-note, people have done similar things with handkerchiefs in pockets, to communicate sexual preferences
sold my braincells to Crim for 500g
[quote name="venusambassador" date="2020-01-24 15:25:47" ] Rex: To be honest I like the idea that Fiona likes having more antennae and so she keeps them, since there are trans people in real life who might keep say their chest, facial hair, etc because they like having them. I know of a few trans women who have beards for example. [/quote] Yeah. Makes me wonder which parts of a dragons sexual dimorphism they value less than their other parts? Like would skydancers typically put a lot of pride in the appearance of their antennae? Would male pearlcatchers ever feel super self-conscious about missing an extra horn? And so far it's confirmed that guardians tend to care about their beards. It's something I like to think about because as humans we don't have a whole lot of extra flair to our sexual dimorphism. We have hair and a subtley different body shape and that's about it, yet we can get self-conscious about it all the same. We don't have extra colors and plumage like male birds often do, or extra horns, etc. I don't think we'll get a detailed correct answer to this question but it's still an idea to explore
venusambassador wrote on 2020-01-24 15:25:47:
Yeah. Makes me wonder which parts of a dragons sexual dimorphism they value less than their other parts? Like would skydancers typically put a lot of pride in the appearance of their antennae? Would male pearlcatchers ever feel super self-conscious about missing an extra horn? And so far it's confirmed that guardians tend to care about their beards. It's something I like to think about because as humans we don't have a whole lot of extra flair to our sexual dimorphism. We have hair and a subtley different body shape and that's about it, yet we can get self-conscious about it all the same. We don't have extra colors and plumage like male birds often do, or extra horns, etc.
I don't think we'll get a detailed correct answer to this question but it's still an idea to explore
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
I always headcannoned that there was a magical sex change scroll (cause I prefer my imaginary dragons to not be battling with real life problems that can affect me, just makes me sad :c). My trans male dragon uses the male pose.
I always headcannoned that there was a magical sex change scroll (cause I prefer my imaginary dragons to not be battling with real life problems that can affect me, just makes me sad :c). My trans male dragon uses the male pose.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@MurkyDepths Nothing saying they can't have that too! It could just be, as a posted noted above, that Fiona chose to keep her antennae through magical means or chose to pass on the scroll.
@MurkyDepths Nothing saying they can't have that too! It could just be, as a posted noted above, that Fiona chose to keep her antennae through magical means or chose to pass on the scroll.
i3HjH85.png
I headcanon that there are spells/rituals/scrolls that can change sex. They’re probably on the same level as breed changes because they both affect physical anatomy. For technical/economic reasons, however, these spells/rituals/scrolls are not available to players.
I headcanon that there are spells/rituals/scrolls that can change sex. They’re probably on the same level as breed changes because they both affect physical anatomy. For technical/economic reasons, however, these spells/rituals/scrolls are not available to players.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@justherefortheRo

I hope they make scrolls even if it is just a one time clanbound never cycles again thing. People argued that we dont need them because "Trans dragons dont exist." well now they do. come on FR Staff. you have no excuse now.
@justherefortheRo

I hope they make scrolls even if it is just a one time clanbound never cycles again thing. People argued that we dont need them because "Trans dragons dont exist." well now they do. come on FR Staff. you have no excuse now.
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
Sex change scrolls wouldn't be a good idea but pose change scrolls wouldn't be bad and would allow for for people to have a visual representation of their trans dragons.
Sex change scrolls wouldn't be a good idea but pose change scrolls wouldn't be bad and would allow for for people to have a visual representation of their trans dragons.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
1 2 3