Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you organize your lair?
1 2 3 4
Lair:
Permas - Self explanatory, dragons I plan on keeping.
Page 1 - Dragons who are fully gened and fully dressed
Page 2 - Dragons who are fully gened or fully dressed
Page 3 - Dragons who are neither fully gened or fully dressed.

Breeding Projects - Self explanatory. Pages separated by project.

Undecided - New hatchlings, dragons I haven't decided whther I plan to keep or exalt, fodder while I'm training

Den:
Projects - Dragons I plan on gening. Mostly g1s, but some fandragons or potential beauties that I can't bear to exalt

Fodder - Hatchlings to be exalted once they mature, adults I haven't gotten around to training yet
Lair:
Permas - Self explanatory, dragons I plan on keeping.
Page 1 - Dragons who are fully gened and fully dressed
Page 2 - Dragons who are fully gened or fully dressed
Page 3 - Dragons who are neither fully gened or fully dressed.

Breeding Projects - Self explanatory. Pages separated by project.

Undecided - New hatchlings, dragons I haven't decided whther I plan to keep or exalt, fodder while I'm training

Den:
Projects - Dragons I plan on gening. Mostly g1s, but some fandragons or potential beauties that I can't bear to exalt

Fodder - Hatchlings to be exalted once they mature, adults I haven't gotten around to training yet
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
simple: i don't

they're arranged in the closest to a rainbow i can get them to be for now, but i'm not really feeling it. they'll get rearranged eventually...
simple: i don't

they're arranged in the closest to a rainbow i can get them to be for now, but i'm not really feeling it. they'll get rearranged eventually...
IMG_8704.png
Most of my dragons go in the Den - the Lair is only for ones I'm actively breeding/battling/selling. Everything is organized by functionality rather than lore/color/etc to make it easy for me to keep track of what I'm doing.

The lair tabs go like this:
  1. on duty permadragons (ones I'm breeding or using in the Coliseum)
  2. mates for the permadragons I'm breeding (since I almost never pair permadragons together, I just buy them temporary mates off the AH who will be booted when I'm bored with the breeding pair)
  3. breeding project pairs
  4. AH sales
  5. input tab - new dragons or ones I haven't decided what to do with yet.

The den tabs go like this:
  1. two tabs of permadragons (because I didn't want to have so many in one tab that it'd split into pages)
  2. "special" permadragons (special eyes, permababies, gen1s, Coliseum fighters)
  3. breeding project dragons waiting for a mate or just pairs waiting out their breeding cooldown
  4. old dragons I'm not sure I want to keep

So every morning I just check my Lair permadragons/mates and the Lair and Den project tabs for any RBT pairs (they're all in order so it's easy) and breed those.
Most of my dragons go in the Den - the Lair is only for ones I'm actively breeding/battling/selling. Everything is organized by functionality rather than lore/color/etc to make it easy for me to keep track of what I'm doing.

The lair tabs go like this:
  1. on duty permadragons (ones I'm breeding or using in the Coliseum)
  2. mates for the permadragons I'm breeding (since I almost never pair permadragons together, I just buy them temporary mates off the AH who will be booted when I'm bored with the breeding pair)
  3. breeding project pairs
  4. AH sales
  5. input tab - new dragons or ones I haven't decided what to do with yet.

The den tabs go like this:
  1. two tabs of permadragons (because I didn't want to have so many in one tab that it'd split into pages)
  2. "special" permadragons (special eyes, permababies, gen1s, Coliseum fighters)
  3. breeding project dragons waiting for a mate or just pairs waiting out their breeding cooldown
  4. old dragons I'm not sure I want to keep

So every morning I just check my Lair permadragons/mates and the Lair and Den project tabs for any RBT pairs (they're all in order so it's easy) and breed those.
I arrange it sort of by lore and sort of by color. I've got my lore dragons in the lair and the big bulk of them are in rainbow order, plus tabs for breeding projects and fodder, and then in my den I have the non-lore dragons and wips!
I arrange it sort of by lore and sort of by color. I've got my lore dragons in the lair and the big bulk of them are in rainbow order, plus tabs for breeding projects and fodder, and then in my den I have the non-lore dragons and wips!
queen_katoe.gif
I have a vague semblance of organization. Pg 1 main tab are my main dragons, my keepers and anything with lore. Pg 2 main tab are my gaolers. Then I have a tab for breeding project pairs and general breeding pairs that don’t have any lore or anything (just pretty dragons). And then I have a tab for dragons that are for sale on the AH, usually fodder.

My hibden is slightly more organized. My main tab there is much like my main lair tab, dragons that I love and wish to keep. Then I have a tab for triples I collected, and a tab for my plague primal collection. And then I have a tab for gene projects.

Otherwise that’s pretty much it. If my gaoler collection gets much bigger I might move them to their own tab eventually. Or if I happen to like the next ancient, might make a general ancients tab.
I have a vague semblance of organization. Pg 1 main tab are my main dragons, my keepers and anything with lore. Pg 2 main tab are my gaolers. Then I have a tab for breeding project pairs and general breeding pairs that don’t have any lore or anything (just pretty dragons). And then I have a tab for dragons that are for sale on the AH, usually fodder.

My hibden is slightly more organized. My main tab there is much like my main lair tab, dragons that I love and wish to keep. Then I have a tab for triples I collected, and a tab for my plague primal collection. And then I have a tab for gene projects.

Otherwise that’s pretty much it. If my gaoler collection gets much bigger I might move them to their own tab eventually. Or if I happen to like the next ancient, might make a general ancients tab.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Tabbed by naming theme and then within those tabs by color (rainbow order and then neutrals).
Tabbed by naming theme and then within those tabs by color (rainbow order and then neutrals).
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
I am a simple woman with simple tastes. I designed Squall when I signed up and have been in love with him over all dragons ever since then. With that in mind:
  • Page 1 - All male tundras, then all female tundras. Kind of halfheartedly organized by gene within gender, but mostly it's just "These are my pretty faves." Squall is first, ever and always.
  • Page 2 - All female gaolers, then all male gaolers. Same idea here, I just like the female gaoler pose better than the male so they get to go first.
  • Page 3 - Everything else. Organized by breed, then gender, then roughly by genes/looks.
  • Page 4 - To be yeeted to the Arcanist.
I am a simple woman with simple tastes. I designed Squall when I signed up and have been in love with him over all dragons ever since then. With that in mind:
  • Page 1 - All male tundras, then all female tundras. Kind of halfheartedly organized by gene within gender, but mostly it's just "These are my pretty faves." Squall is first, ever and always.
  • Page 2 - All female gaolers, then all male gaolers. Same idea here, I just like the female gaoler pose better than the male so they get to go first.
  • Page 3 - Everything else. Organized by breed, then gender, then roughly by genes/looks.
  • Page 4 - To be yeeted to the Arcanist.
OOF, I feel you on that, I had a very hard time keeping up with things and managing my own stuff so sometime in 2016, I said ST0P and I started making Word files. My brain tends to shut down even with files open so if you can't handle organisation without, I do recommend making some notes. This is going to be a long post, just a heads up. [color=#731d08]I am posting this to share my experiences in detail and to be able to help someone with their own management in case they need some sort of base or template.[/color] I have around 180 bookmarks that are there purely for Flight Rising, and 10+ Word/Notepad/Excel files made specifically for this site. Let's also not forget more than 3000 other image files also there to help out with managing the site work, 1/3 of which are screenshots from another game... *facepalms* But yeah, I save images of my dragons, I make some avatars, I make some banners, pixel art, complex digital art, write lore, save outfit images, skins and accents, other people's art, etc. It's just there for easier personal navigation but also to keep it safe in case something happens to the files or in case I can't find it online anymore. I am a serious file hoarder U^U When it comes to stuff on-site, I use my Clan Profile to keep notes, scries, a part of lore, links, introduction and aesthetics in. My lair and Den (they're treated the same aka as active populace) are organised by job categorisation tabs: [b]Royalty[/b] [emoji=gold crown size=1] (leaders, founders, rich peeps [b]Domestic & food[/b] [emoji=green apple size=1] (farmers, agriculturists, servants, herders, cleaners, kindlers, etc) [b]Arts & crafts[/b] [emoji=blacksmith anvil size=1] (mechanics, architects, builders, jewellers, carpenters, forgers, masons, ceramists, etc) [b]Gardening & floristry[/b] [emoji=rose size=1] (garden tenders, pool tenders, waterway tenders, oasis caretakers, herbalists, florists, botanists, etc) [b]Exotic[/b] [emoji=peacock feather size=1] (birdkeepers, healers, dentists, Lapis traders, pathologists, necropolis tenders, weavers, linen traders, dyers, etc) [b]Social[/b] [emoji=hourglass size=1] (bathhouse owners, oracles, storytellers, priests) Financial & organisation [emoji=treasure chest size=1] (funders, fund collectors, treasurers, librarians, traders, auctioneers, scribes, accountants) [b]Security & law[/b] [emoji=sword and shield size=1] (judges, protectors, soldiers) [b]Outlaws & nomads[/b] [emoji=torch size=1] (desert pirates/bandits, nomads, tomb raiders, rogues). The other two, [i]Newcomers[/i] and [i]Tourists & troops[/i], are just there to keep unwanted dragons or dragons for sale in. Lore-wise they are treated as troops or tourists who visit our clan and pay for services. Tab descriptions are there for some lore blurbs and effect. Dragon bios are for notes about the character until I actually code and write the whole bio. All of my perma dragons are personal characters who have a place in the clan's community and, since I take my lore very scientifically seriously, I also have it very down-to-Earth, or in this case, down-to-Sornieth. Some long existential theories aside, I consider fictional stuff real, as long as it can follow rules of nature, so I take my clan lore super seriously because it means a lot to me personally. If I wanna go to another reality and geographical location, it sure would be my desert delta (but that's a whole other story). [b]Now to some Word/Excel files:[/b] [u]Smaller files[/u] [LIST] [*]Achievements (list of custom-made achievements for all sorts of different events and objectives) [*]Acquaintances (file where I keep track of all of my dragons' acquaintances aka those whose links will go into their bios eventually) [*]Lore (currently written lore of the clan, will be expanded eventually) [*]Pirate Outbacks (the entire code of my clan's description saved just in case I accidentally delete it on-site) [/LIST] [u]Large files[/u] [LIST] [*]Dragon Apparel (list of all outfits and apparel components on every dragon I own, some still need to have their outfits made or updated; makes it easier for me to know what apparel I still need to buy; currently 16 pages) [*]Egypt Flora (a document containing interesting Egypt flora with pictures and small descriptions; will be used for lore) [*]Help because slow (HAHAHA old name from my previous laptop from 2016 and earlier because it was slow and couldn't handle large Word files; a compilation of a dragon bio code template, image urls and sale code templates; 20 pages) [*]Jobs (personal convenience list of all required or existent jobs in my lair and their corresponding dragons; 1400+ words) [*]Gods of Egypt (largest file; list of all currently (personally) discovered Egyptian deities + short notes; 56 pages) [*]Projects (Excel file; has the calculation for all gene and breed change costs, and a list of all existing perma dragons in my lair with their name, sex, primary, secondary and tertiary genes and colours, ID, link, element and eye type)[/LIST] [b]Now to actual dragon management. Here are the steps I follow when taking care of a dragon project:[/b] [LIST] [*]follow list of colours I allow in lair and find a G1 I like according to those colours (list is one of the bookmarks) [*]check [i]Gods of Egypt[/i] file to find appropriate god name and check [i]Jobs[/i] file to check if a specific job is fitting for the dragon and/or if the god name already has its assigned job [*]make a scry for the dragon, save the morphology, temporarily add the morphology to the bio [*]open [i]Projects[/i] file and add the new dragon to the gene calculator and list, mark as completed when obtained [*]make outfit in Dressing Room (now that we have the Database, I don't have to use an off-site one) and save it [*]write down outfit in [i]Dragon Apparel[/i] file and check what I have and what I don't have [*]retrieve code from [i]Help because slow[/i] file, add the code to the dragon's bio, go through the Database and img urls to complete the bio [*]open [i]Gods of Egypt[/i] to find the appropriate name for familiar and pets [*]write lore for dragon and finish project [/LIST] [b]Bonus:[/b] [LIST] [*]spend 500+ hours playing Assassin's Creed: Origins trying to find the correct objects and scenery for a dragon or for art and lore, take screenshots and keep them (1400+ screenshots) [*]make banners out of specific screenshots and add to dragon bio or use for art [*]make own accent or skincent, or purchase another user-made one [*]write lore in Creative Corner [*]make clan map (BIG project) [*]make art for dragons [/LIST] Other things I do include doing research on biology such as zoology, botany and phylogeny, then geography (Egypt), climate, Egyptian history, culture, cuisine, fashion, language, theology, manage the Apparel Suggestion Congolmeration, make art for the Apparel Suggestions thread, do some collages of item suggestions, manage vista and venue suggestions, go through the list of accents, etc. THERE, I hope this helps someone! [right][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2982477]Science of Sornieth[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2271326/1]Sornieth Lore Project (slightly old)[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1469922]Demesne's Guide to Lore Clans[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2762775]Geographer's Guild[/url][/right]
OOF, I feel you on that, I had a very hard time keeping up with things and managing my own stuff so sometime in 2016, I said ST0P and I started making Word files. My brain tends to shut down even with files open so if you can't handle organisation without, I do recommend making some notes.

This is going to be a long post, just a heads up. I am posting this to share my experiences in detail and to be able to help someone with their own management in case they need some sort of base or template.

I have around 180 bookmarks that are there purely for Flight Rising, and 10+ Word/Notepad/Excel files made specifically for this site. Let's also not forget more than 3000 other image files also there to help out with managing the site work, 1/3 of which are screenshots from another game... *facepalms*

But yeah, I save images of my dragons, I make some avatars, I make some banners, pixel art, complex digital art, write lore, save outfit images, skins and accents, other people's art, etc. It's just there for easier personal navigation but also to keep it safe in case something happens to the files or in case I can't find it online anymore. I am a serious file hoarder U^U

When it comes to stuff on-site, I use my Clan Profile to keep notes, scries, a part of lore, links, introduction and aesthetics in. My lair and Den (they're treated the same aka as active populace) are organised by job categorisation tabs:
Royalty (leaders, founders, rich peeps
Domestic & food (farmers, agriculturists, servants, herders, cleaners, kindlers, etc)
Arts & crafts (mechanics, architects, builders, jewellers, carpenters, forgers, masons, ceramists, etc)
Gardening & floristry (garden tenders, pool tenders, waterway tenders, oasis caretakers, herbalists, florists, botanists, etc)
Exotic (birdkeepers, healers, dentists, Lapis traders, pathologists, necropolis tenders, weavers, linen traders, dyers, etc)
Social (bathhouse owners, oracles, storytellers, priests)
Financial & organisation (funders, fund collectors, treasurers, librarians, traders, auctioneers, scribes, accountants)
Security & law (judges, protectors, soldiers)
Outlaws & nomads (desert pirates/bandits, nomads, tomb raiders, rogues).

The other two, Newcomers and Tourists & troops, are just there to keep unwanted dragons or dragons for sale in. Lore-wise they are treated as troops or tourists who visit our clan and pay for services.
Tab descriptions are there for some lore blurbs and effect. Dragon bios are for notes about the character until I actually code and write the whole bio.

All of my perma dragons are personal characters who have a place in the clan's community and, since I take my lore very scientifically seriously, I also have it very down-to-Earth, or in this case, down-to-Sornieth. Some long existential theories aside, I consider fictional stuff real, as long as it can follow rules of nature, so I take my clan lore super seriously because it means a lot to me personally. If I wanna go to another reality and geographical location, it sure would be my desert delta (but that's a whole other story).

Now to some Word/Excel files:

Smaller files
  • Achievements (list of custom-made achievements for all sorts of different events and objectives)
  • Acquaintances (file where I keep track of all of my dragons' acquaintances aka those whose links will go into their bios eventually)
  • Lore (currently written lore of the clan, will be expanded eventually)
  • Pirate Outbacks (the entire code of my clan's description saved just in case I accidentally delete it on-site)

Large files
  • Dragon Apparel (list of all outfits and apparel components on every dragon I own, some still need to have their outfits made or updated; makes it easier for me to know what apparel I still need to buy; currently 16 pages)
  • Egypt Flora (a document containing interesting Egypt flora with pictures and small descriptions; will be used for lore)
  • Help because slow (HAHAHA old name from my previous laptop from 2016 and earlier because it was slow and couldn't handle large Word files; a compilation of a dragon bio code template, image urls and sale code templates; 20 pages)
  • Jobs (personal convenience list of all required or existent jobs in my lair and their corresponding dragons; 1400+ words)
  • Gods of Egypt (largest file; list of all currently (personally) discovered Egyptian deities + short notes; 56 pages)
  • Projects (Excel file; has the calculation for all gene and breed change costs, and a list of all existing perma dragons in my lair with their name, sex, primary, secondary and tertiary genes and colours, ID, link, element and eye type)

Now to actual dragon management. Here are the steps I follow when taking care of a dragon project:
  • follow list of colours I allow in lair and find a G1 I like according to those colours (list is one of the bookmarks)
  • check Gods of Egypt file to find appropriate god name and check Jobs file to check if a specific job is fitting for the dragon and/or if the god name already has its assigned job
  • make a scry for the dragon, save the morphology, temporarily add the morphology to the bio
  • open Projects file and add the new dragon to the gene calculator and list, mark as completed when obtained
  • make outfit in Dressing Room (now that we have the Database, I don't have to use an off-site one) and save it
  • write down outfit in Dragon Apparel file and check what I have and what I don't have
  • retrieve code from Help because slow file, add the code to the dragon's bio, go through the Database and img urls to complete the bio
  • open Gods of Egypt to find the appropriate name for familiar and pets
  • write lore for dragon and finish project

Bonus:
  • spend 500+ hours playing Assassin's Creed: Origins trying to find the correct objects and scenery for a dragon or for art and lore, take screenshots and keep them (1400+ screenshots)
  • make banners out of specific screenshots and add to dragon bio or use for art
  • make own accent or skincent, or purchase another user-made one
  • write lore in Creative Corner
  • make clan map (BIG project)
  • make art for dragons

Other things I do include doing research on biology such as zoology, botany and phylogeny, then geography (Egypt), climate, Egyptian history, culture, cuisine, fashion, language, theology, manage the Apparel Suggestion Congolmeration, make art for the Apparel Suggestions thread, do some collages of item suggestions, manage vista and venue suggestions, go through the list of accents, etc.

THERE, I hope this helps someone!

Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[loud coughing]
I don't

(Though we DO have a permababy section in the den, TRAP THEM IN THE BURGER KING PLAYPLACE. Oh and we have one for the special dergs)
[loud coughing]
I don't

(Though we DO have a permababy section in the den, TRAP THEM IN THE BURGER KING PLAYPLACE. Oh and we have one for the special dergs)
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
All my mirrors go on my first tab, ordered by colour (they're my favourites, but shhh don't tell the others XD)

All my other misc permas go into my second tab, also ordered by colour

My second tab is for dragons for sale

The first tab of my HibDen is for projects which aren't ready for my lair, and the second is for fodder which is growing up or I haven't levelled yet
All my mirrors go on my first tab, ordered by colour (they're my favourites, but shhh don't tell the others XD)

All my other misc permas go into my second tab, also ordered by colour

My second tab is for dragons for sale

The first tab of my HibDen is for projects which aren't ready for my lair, and the second is for fodder which is growing up or I haven't levelled yet
they/them | fr time +8 | active/inactive | wishlist
1 2 3 4