Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Guardian dragons are awesome
1 2 3 4 5 6
I don't know why, but Guardians and Tidelord always reminded me of bulls. :/
I don't know why, but Guardians and Tidelord always reminded me of bulls. :/
mZeSXZC.png
[quote date="2019-05-21 08:43:20" ] -A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns. [/quote] did not know charges were a thing but this fits how i imagined my progens to a t lmao
Quote:
-A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns.

did not know charges were a thing but this fits how i imagined my progens to a t lmao
I have three guardians! My clan is a family of strange dragons, so Malae has no charge. He protects everything he loves with the same fierceness of his charge, and he loves his entire family. Achet’s charge was his sister, who was killed. He has a lot of trauma from not being able to save her, and carries her locket everywhere. It’s his charge now.
I have three guardians! My clan is a family of strange dragons, so Malae has no charge. He protects everything he loves with the same fierceness of his charge, and he loves his entire family. Achet’s charge was his sister, who was killed. He has a lot of trauma from not being able to save her, and carries her locket everywhere. It’s his charge now.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Some of these ideas are super fun!

I have two guardians that share the same charge and hate each other but since their charge (a powerful Gen 4 naomi descendent) loves them both they are forced to cooperate to make him happy.

Fun times.
Some of these ideas are super fun!

I have two guardians that share the same charge and hate each other but since their charge (a powerful Gen 4 naomi descendent) loves them both they are forced to cooperate to make him happy.

Fun times.
I have four guardians, and none of their charges are particularly creative. This thread makes me realize I need more guardians.
I have four guardians, and none of their charges are particularly creative. This thread makes me realize I need more guardians.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
[size=2]I loved reading through everyone's posts, everyone has such good guardian/charge lore and ideas [emoji=guardian love size=1] My favorite "charges" are those that aren't necessarily objects, but more of an abstract concept/idea! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=205878&tab=dragon&did=19230589]Morana's [/url]charge is her clan and the territory/township they reside in. She guards the members and the land with a fiery passion and she doesn't tolerate deserters, as their leaving makes her feel she's failed as a guardian, and she'll do everything she can to make that member stay--even if she has to bury them under the very land/town she protects. She's simultaneously very [i]very[/i] choosy as to what dragons may interact and enter the clan, as they must be worthy of her guardianship of course! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=205878&tab=dragon&did=19230590]Cernunnos[/url] thought Morana was his charge and helped her begin forming the clan. While he is still very loyal to her, he's since discovered his true charge is the exiled noblewomen, Melinoe. Even though Melinoe is being hunted down by assassins from her past clan, she insists on being trained as a warrior and fighting on the front lines...She gives Cernunnos a lot of anxiety, to say the least. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=205878&tab=dragon&did=19263928]Meliglossos'[/url] charge is a Living Sculpture with unknown origin and power. It'll be important plot-wise to my clan 's lore, [i]I just don't know how yet[/i]--- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=205878&tab=dragon&did=50469898]Trouvaille's[/url] charge is "the sacred challenge of succession itself" and so she has entered into the clan's Gladiator Trials to fulfill that charge's need--aka she targets and executes participants she deems unworthy of partaking in this competition. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=205878&did=47107394]Celestial[/url] is another Gladiator, but I haven't quite decided on a charge for him yet...reading through this thread has given me some inspiration though!!
I loved reading through everyone's posts, everyone has such good guardian/charge lore and ideas

My favorite "charges" are those that aren't necessarily objects, but more of an abstract concept/idea!

Morana's charge is her clan and the territory/township they reside in. She guards the members and the land with a fiery passion and she doesn't tolerate deserters, as their leaving makes her feel she's failed as a guardian, and she'll do everything she can to make that member stay--even if she has to bury them under the very land/town she protects. She's simultaneously very very choosy as to what dragons may interact and enter the clan, as they must be worthy of her guardianship of course!

Cernunnos thought Morana was his charge and helped her begin forming the clan. While he is still very loyal to her, he's since discovered his true charge is the exiled noblewomen, Melinoe. Even though Melinoe is being hunted down by assassins from her past clan, she insists on being trained as a warrior and fighting on the front lines...She gives Cernunnos a lot of anxiety, to say the least.

Meliglossos' charge is a Living Sculpture with unknown origin and power. It'll be important plot-wise to my clan 's lore, I just don't know how yet---

Trouvaille's charge is "the sacred challenge of succession itself" and so she has entered into the clan's Gladiator Trials to fulfill that charge's need--aka she targets and executes participants she deems unworthy of partaking in this competition.

Celestial is another Gladiator, but I haven't quite decided on a charge for him yet...reading through this thread has given me some inspiration though!!
sleepytroll.gif
I.. only have two guardians, only one I've though of semi-decent lore for.
This makes me really re-think them as a whole.. I kinda want more guardians now because all of these lore ideas are awesome!
I.. only have two guardians, only one I've though of semi-decent lore for.
This makes me really re-think them as a whole.. I kinda want more guardians now because all of these lore ideas are awesome!
WEtoEVH.png
Myurr has decided that her Charge is All The Trees. Considering that she is enormous, passionate about her work, and lacking a filter (think Cow from [i]Cow and Chicken[/i]), her presence tends to be disruptive. Her Tundra brother Ankaa (equally sweet-natured but a good deal more practical) spends most of his time bounding after her attempting damage control. Myurr: "The oaks are blooming! MUST HELP SPREAD THE POLLEN!" <plants self in front of main entrance and begins flapping vigorously> Ankaa, shoving fruitlessly at her rump while sneezing erupts from the Main Cavern: "Yes, of course, but not [i]right here[/i]--oh look, the air currents are much better up on those boulders way over there!" Myurr: "YES! BETTER!" <goes gallop/flapping away like a gigantic chicken in a hurry> [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38535160] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385352/38535160_350.png[/img] [/url]
Myurr has decided that her Charge is All The Trees. Considering that she is enormous, passionate about her work, and lacking a filter (think Cow from Cow and Chicken), her presence tends to be disruptive. Her Tundra brother Ankaa (equally sweet-natured but a good deal more practical) spends most of his time bounding after her attempting damage control.

Myurr: "The oaks are blooming! MUST HELP SPREAD THE POLLEN!" <plants self in front of main entrance and begins flapping vigorously>
Ankaa, shoving fruitlessly at her rump while sneezing erupts from the Main Cavern: "Yes, of course, but not right here--oh look, the air currents are much better up on those boulders way over there!"
Myurr: "YES! BETTER!" <goes gallop/flapping away like a gigantic chicken in a hurry>

38535160_350.png
riVr93C.png
Guardian whose charge is something the rest of the clan needs, like the treasure pile or the river they get water from - but the guardian [i]must[/i] protect it from them. Edit: This dragon guards knowledge - which frustrates the Shade out of the mage school she attends. The other dragons quest for knowledge and seek information from the library, but getting her to trust you enough to trust you with the knowledge you want is a daunting task. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51766453] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517665/51766453_350.png[/img] [/url] I also have two guardians who may have taken each other as charges, but no one's quite sure.
Guardian whose charge is something the rest of the clan needs, like the treasure pile or the river they get water from - but the guardian must protect it from them.

Edit:
This dragon guards knowledge - which frustrates the Shade out of the mage school she attends. The other dragons quest for knowledge and seek information from the library, but getting her to trust you enough to trust you with the knowledge you want is a daunting task.

51766453_350.png

I also have two guardians who may have taken each other as charges, but no one's quite sure.
LxbWmll.png
[quote] -A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns. Fae; Oooo, look! A toy! *plays with the dagger they somehow discovered* Fae; Weee! Look, I'm flying! *has just learned to fly and has decided that over a ravine is the best place to play* Fae: *taking candy from strangers* Fae: *is constantly running off* Fae: *once they hopped onto a caravan owned by a bunch of bandits and was temporarily adopted, until Guardian came and saved them* Guardian: *frantic screaming* Guardian: *has a bell put around Fae's neck so they know exactly where they are at all times* Guardian: *goes to bed every night with two ice blocks pressed to the sides of their head* [/quote] I read this and literally all I could think of was Pixie and Brutus [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f7014a34b81999a24268b45eff9761ca/tumblr_pjx63fXCGu1x3iirfo5_250.jpg[/img]
Quote:
-A guardian's charge is the most annoying little Fae who constantly gets into trouble/danger. Said guardian has many nervous breakdowns.

Fae; Oooo, look! A toy! *plays with the dagger they somehow discovered*
Fae; Weee! Look, I'm flying! *has just learned to fly and has decided that over a ravine is the best place to play*
Fae: *taking candy from strangers*
Fae: *is constantly running off*
Fae: *once they hopped onto a caravan owned by a bunch of bandits and was temporarily adopted, until Guardian came and saved them*
Guardian: *frantic screaming*
Guardian: *has a bell put around Fae's neck so they know exactly where they are at all times*
Guardian: *goes to bed every night with two ice blocks pressed to the sides of their head*

I read this and literally all I could think of was Pixie and Brutus

tumblr_pjx63fXCGu1x3iirfo5_250.jpg
light_rose_by_dogi_crimson-darmgwb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6