Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Save the economy, exalt more
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
I think an all out conquest that doesn't pull from like, Dom banks or have a raffle would be super fun and competitive. No funding, no rewards other than sweet dragon cash. Of course it's hard to get people to exalt without incentive ^^;;

It would be super cool though throwing everyone into a forum or discord sever to exalt until the cows come home.
I think an all out conquest that doesn't pull from like, Dom banks or have a raffle would be super fun and competitive. No funding, no rewards other than sweet dragon cash. Of course it's hard to get people to exalt without incentive ^^;;

It would be super cool though throwing everyone into a forum or discord sever to exalt until the cows come home.
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
fFNApWQ.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
S3J5uo7.png
Open to all Pings/PMs. Don't be shy, I'd love to chat!

Beasts collected: 1070. If you're offering any familiars I'm missing, please contact me!
u6ogC2Q.gif
Story to this: Breed a perfect XYZ Star/Con&Ghost with matching colors and all, wanted to sell it for big money.

Checked market board, see how low it is, throw it on the board for 35kt, gone in an instant with little regret.

Fastforward 2 hours, check on dragon to see if it got a name already or stuff in the Bio, to my shock, its up on the board for 1 million t, had to laugh about it.

I keep checking on said dragon once in a while, constant price lowering once a week was over until now, user has gone afk and dragons are starving.

That guy made a horrible dragon flip choice tbh even when that dragon is a serious beauty and her mother is the gem of my lair.

Moral of story: Exalt more, easier money than flipping and overflowing the market. I started to exalt more once my dragons in the Hatchery are not getting sold.
Money is Money.
Story to this: Breed a perfect XYZ Star/Con&Ghost with matching colors and all, wanted to sell it for big money.

Checked market board, see how low it is, throw it on the board for 35kt, gone in an instant with little regret.

Fastforward 2 hours, check on dragon to see if it got a name already or stuff in the Bio, to my shock, its up on the board for 1 million t, had to laugh about it.

I keep checking on said dragon once in a while, constant price lowering once a week was over until now, user has gone afk and dragons are starving.

That guy made a horrible dragon flip choice tbh even when that dragon is a serious beauty and her mother is the gem of my lair.

Moral of story: Exalt more, easier money than flipping and overflowing the market. I started to exalt more once my dragons in the Hatchery are not getting sold.
Money is Money.
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

[quote name="JoJoBean" date="2019-05-05 09:16:42" ] Also, Stop this insane idea of "No Spend" months. If you don't spend others are also not spending. Hence no one is buying Dragons. The economy stagnates. The volume of available Dragons grow. So exalt dragons and sell and buy Dragons, items, Apparel etc.... [/quote] Amen to this!!!! It's like the 2008 crash- people refused to spend their money after that and the economy only worsened
JoJoBean wrote on 2019-05-05 09:16:42:
Also,
Stop this insane idea of "No Spend" months.

If you don't spend others are also not spending. Hence no one is buying Dragons. The economy stagnates. The volume of available Dragons grow. So exalt dragons and sell and buy Dragons, items, Apparel etc....
Amen to this!!!! It's like the 2008 crash- people refused to spend their money after that and the economy only worsened
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Doing the best to exalt the fridge but I only have so many hours in a day I can spend on the Coli / FR.
It's simply a matter of numbers : we've got way more users active now than 2-3 years before, they're all breeding and selling dragons, and as the Flights are getting more "chill" players, Dom get harder to fund / doesn't gather as much enthusiast as before.

I constantly see the same people pushing in Light and we do have many new players interested in it and getting into Dom, but we also have many more who do not check the forums / play this way.

It's alright, and it's okay. An economy that doesn't fluctuate or change is a dying economy. Ancient breeds should give it a boost for sometimes !
Doing the best to exalt the fridge but I only have so many hours in a day I can spend on the Coli / FR.
It's simply a matter of numbers : we've got way more users active now than 2-3 years before, they're all breeding and selling dragons, and as the Flights are getting more "chill" players, Dom get harder to fund / doesn't gather as much enthusiast as before.

I constantly see the same people pushing in Light and we do have many new players interested in it and getting into Dom, but we also have many more who do not check the forums / play this way.

It's alright, and it's okay. An economy that doesn't fluctuate or change is a dying economy. Ancient breeds should give it a boost for sometimes !
cxbFZBI.png
APPAREL HAUL - 42 / 102
3634.png22413.png
Have to say I agree with both the OP and Lara8

Exalting is good and should be encouraged, but it won't fix the dragon economy. Once those fodder prices raise, breeders will start breeding MORE because they can now get more for their fodder dragons. This will bring down the prices or make them stablilize (if exalters can keep up with increased breeding) at just slightly higher than normal. To my understanding, dragons simply were not meant to be profitable to breed (not in terms of selling dragons for higher than fodder price)

However, I can only think about an unintended consequence of everyone exalting more: inflation. Everyone is talking about the sweet dragon money coming in, but there isn't really anything new to spend most of it on (and I am not talking about buying from other players, but rather from the site itself).

(to reiterate, I think exalting is good and needs to be more incentivized, but more for the health of the site overall, not the dragon economy)

Exalting is good and should be encouraged, but it won't fix the dragon economy. Once those fodder prices raise, breeders will start breeding MORE because they can now get more for their fodder dragons. This will bring down the prices or make them stablilize (if exalters can keep up with increased breeding) at just slightly higher than normal. To my understanding, dragons simply were not meant to be profitable to breed (not in terms of selling dragons for higher than fodder price)

However, I can only think about an unintended consequence of everyone exalting more: inflation. Everyone is talking about the sweet dragon money coming in, but there isn't really anything new to spend most of it on (and I am not talking about buying from other players, but rather from the site itself).

(to reiterate, I think exalting is good and needs to be more incentivized, but more for the health of the site overall, not the dragon economy)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Well I'm convinced

(goes to buy dragon children)
Well I'm convinced

(goes to buy dragon children)
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-06 08:46:22" ] Have to say I agree with both the OP and Lara8 Exalting is good and should be encouraged, but it won't fix the dragon economy. Once those fodder prices raise, breeders will start breeding MORE because they can now get more for their fodder dragons. This will bring down the prices or make them stablilize (if exalters can keep up with increased breeding) at just slightly higher than normal. To my understanding, dragons simply were not meant to be profitable to breed (not in terms of selling dragons for higher than fodder price) However, I can only think about an unintended consequence of everyone exalting more: inflation. Everyone is talking about the sweet dragon money coming in, but there isn't really anything new to spend most of it on (and I am not talking about buying from other players, but rather from the site itself). (to reiterate, I think exalting is good and needs to be more incentivized, but more for the health of the site overall, not the dragon economy) [/quote] The whole "higher levels are worth more" thing is what's not great for inflation.. to the site it doesn't matter if it's level 1 or 25, 1 dragon is 1 dragon. It would be cool if we got level coins instead or something. Exalt a 25, get 25 coins to spend in the coli shop. Buy an elim for x amount of coins, or cool armor, a nifty vista etc. The coins don't have a value set by the site but rather what they're worth to players, and could be traded like fest currency. (oof.. dragon T-shirts for our dragons. "You slay me"/"dragon slayer" "Oh snap" - for my snapper, and flight symbols)
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-06 08:46:22:

The whole "higher levels are worth more" thing is what's not great for inflation.. to the site it doesn't matter if it's level 1 or 25, 1 dragon is 1 dragon. It would be cool if we got level coins instead or something. Exalt a 25, get 25 coins to spend in the coli shop. Buy an elim for x amount of coins, or cool armor, a nifty vista etc. The coins don't have a value set by the site but rather what they're worth to players, and could be traded like fest currency.

(oof.. dragon T-shirts for our dragons. "You slay me"/"dragon slayer" "Oh snap" - for my snapper, and flight symbols)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-05-06 08:52:42" ] The whole "higher levels are worth more" thing is what's not great for inflation.. to the site it doesn't matter if it's level 1 or 25, 1 dragon is 1 dragon. It would be cool if we got level coins instead or something. Exalt a 25, get 25 coins to spend in the coli shop. Buy an elim for x amount of coins, or cool armor, a nifty vista etc. The coins don't have a value set by the site but rather what they're worth to players, and could be traded like fest currency. (oof.. dragon T-shirts for our dragons. "You slay me"/"dragon slayer" "Oh snap" - for my snapper, and flight symbols) [/quote] No, I would hate more alternative currency. I don't feel like that's the way to go.
Jussie wrote on 2019-05-06 08:52:42:

The whole "higher levels are worth more" thing is what's not great for inflation.. to the site it doesn't matter if it's level 1 or 25, 1 dragon is 1 dragon. It would be cool if we got level coins instead or something. Exalt a 25, get 25 coins to spend in the coli shop. Buy an elim for x amount of coins, or cool armor, a nifty vista etc. The coins don't have a value set by the site but rather what they're worth to players, and could be traded like fest currency.

(oof.. dragon T-shirts for our dragons. "You slay me"/"dragon slayer" "Oh snap" - for my snapper, and flight symbols)

No, I would hate more alternative currency. I don't feel like that's the way to go.
I mean, why don't we all just exalt 50% of our lairs. That would work. [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/b0/8e/f6b08efbe82b77db463cee9770223d5e.gif[/img]
I mean, why don't we all just exalt 50% of our lairs. That would work.

f6b08efbe82b77db463cee9770223d5e.gif
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
and YOU get exalted, and YOU get exalted! [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/y8Mz1yj13s3kI/giphy.gif[/img]
and YOU get exalted, and YOU get exalted!

giphy.gif
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17