Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's canon that you break?
1 2 3 4 5 6
What canon? I see no canon here.

Quick rundown of things I have blatantly ignored:
  • Elements
  • Sizes
  • In game stats
  • In game ages
  • Breed lore
  • All of BoTE
  • The fact that Skydancers apparently have teeth?
  • The fact that Beastclans might be a threat
  • The fact that apparently dual element dragons is impossible
  • Dragons don't have modern Earth tech
  • All dragons are definitely actual dragons
  • Exalting is good and honorable
  • In game location
What canon? I see no canon here.

Quick rundown of things I have blatantly ignored:
  • Elements
  • Sizes
  • In game stats
  • In game ages
  • Breed lore
  • All of BoTE
  • The fact that Skydancers apparently have teeth?
  • The fact that Beastclans might be a threat
  • The fact that apparently dual element dragons is impossible
  • Dragons don't have modern Earth tech
  • All dragons are definitely actual dragons
  • Exalting is good and honorable
  • In game location
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Mostly just the different personalities of the breeds/elements.
PQznZys.png
So mainly everything besides flight lore and even then it's more tradtional/go-to thing then actually necessary. Breed origin elements....canon places for some Coli venues....hmmm what is definitely broken:

Sizes are incorporated on a case-by-case basis aside from Faes and Imps/Guards/RBs being the smallest/largest. Same with age.

Coatls hear like owls and can use their crests like Fae fins, Mirrors can too. Faes talk like Vulcans aside from emotions.

The Ghostlight Ruins move. I mean move as in it's common to find them in the Tangled wood but it's just as easy to stumble across in the Frigid Floes.

Dragons are basically LOTR elves with how their lifespan works and how they treat exalting.

The Segundas (2nd age people) were def humanoid but not humans and beastclan are their descendants warped from the reactor explosion. Talonok are my favorite so if I wanna make em bird people I will make bird people

Breeds are more likely to follow their baseline lore when of their home element, everything else is free game. Certain impulses can emerge in mixed-breed children like the hyperactivity and need for a charge.

They all have schizo-tech due to necessity+magic making some things obsolete plus magi-tech to bridge the gap in certain places like AI like Dwemer in Skyrim.

Imps are fine with other Imps of their own element.

So mainly everything besides flight lore and even then it's more tradtional/go-to thing then actually necessary. Breed origin elements....canon places for some Coli venues....hmmm what is definitely broken:

Sizes are incorporated on a case-by-case basis aside from Faes and Imps/Guards/RBs being the smallest/largest. Same with age.

Coatls hear like owls and can use their crests like Fae fins, Mirrors can too. Faes talk like Vulcans aside from emotions.

The Ghostlight Ruins move. I mean move as in it's common to find them in the Tangled wood but it's just as easy to stumble across in the Frigid Floes.

Dragons are basically LOTR elves with how their lifespan works and how they treat exalting.

The Segundas (2nd age people) were def humanoid but not humans and beastclan are their descendants warped from the reactor explosion. Talonok are my favorite so if I wanna make em bird people I will make bird people

Breeds are more likely to follow their baseline lore when of their home element, everything else is free game. Certain impulses can emerge in mixed-breed children like the hyperactivity and need for a charge.

They all have schizo-tech due to necessity+magic making some things obsolete plus magi-tech to bridge the gap in certain places like AI like Dwemer in Skyrim.

Imps are fine with other Imps of their own element.

zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
- Age, for the most part. My seven-digit Tassay in lore is older than all of my dragons except for my two six-digits (Akaash and Rinasa), Aquarius, and Sunburst. Sunburst is technically almost as old as Akaash, who's a low six-digit, even though Sunburst's a late seven-digit. Same thing with Aquarius, even though he's an eight-digit, though he's a special case thanks to being "in stasis" for a long, long time.

- Not to mention two of my seven-digits are supposed to be younger than most of my other dragons. And of course I ignore the fact the oldest dragon is "5 years old" because obviously that is a site mechanic and not accurate xP

- Yeah I ignore the Coatl/Fae interaction thing for the most part, at least about how severe it is. Them having problems communicating sometimes? Yeah, I can dig it, just not as huge as it is in lore. Same with the Faes being deadpan thing. No, my Fae are not deadpan. One's an emotional grump, though the other doesn't display much emotion. But still, not deadpan (the communicating using crests thing is still something I like though and there's a special language involving them in my lore).

- Canon breed personalities. I know, it's a generalization and not all are like that to begin with, but, still ignored. Out of all my Spirals, only one is hyperactive (Mercury), and as far as I can remember, I only have one cowardly Pearlcatcher (Tocas). Hell, one of the highest ranked warriors in my clan is a Pearlcatcher (Johnson). He's deeeeefinitely not cowardly. But bits and pieces I still use, like Mirrors not being loners for the most part unless forced to.

- I may or may not be ignoring the unpredictable Imperial lifespan, or at least, messing around with that concept. Like a friend of mine, I'm connecting that to only the low generation Imperials (and there's ways to get around it.). Ones that are higher generation don't have as unpredictable a lifespan.

- Almost any breed can come out of an unhatched egg, not just plentifuls (and Nocs and Bogsneaks). Most of my g1's were born the breed I changed them into if they aren't one of those. The only exception to that is Imperial, in my lore, first gen Imps were either created as that, or the Lightweaver Herself changed them (thus, Imperial scrolls in my lore do not exist.).

- The Shade's pretty prevalent in my lore, and there are clans who ally with the Beastclans.

- My dragons have gijinka/bipedal forms, and they use them most of the time (my way of getting around the size difference yeeeeeep, since otherwise dragon sizes are still canon to me as a whole. Individual it depends (Takashi is not as large of a Skydancer in lore like he is on site, for example.))

- Lesser deities exist; the eleven are not the only Gods. They are, however, the strongest by far.

- The eye update did not affect only hatchlings. In my lore, a lot of my dragons with new eyes had them change. It makes sense to me.

- Yes, there are other creatures around who can take a dragon shape. Reincarnation is a Fire Elemental, Shullag is a demon.

- Nocturnes do not mimic everything or anything like that. They do have urges, and they can imitate things well, but they don't mimic everything someone else does.

- Skins/accents are not paint, they're either markings or tattoos, most likely (or clothing/horns depending)
- Age, for the most part. My seven-digit Tassay in lore is older than all of my dragons except for my two six-digits (Akaash and Rinasa), Aquarius, and Sunburst. Sunburst is technically almost as old as Akaash, who's a low six-digit, even though Sunburst's a late seven-digit. Same thing with Aquarius, even though he's an eight-digit, though he's a special case thanks to being "in stasis" for a long, long time.

- Not to mention two of my seven-digits are supposed to be younger than most of my other dragons. And of course I ignore the fact the oldest dragon is "5 years old" because obviously that is a site mechanic and not accurate xP

- Yeah I ignore the Coatl/Fae interaction thing for the most part, at least about how severe it is. Them having problems communicating sometimes? Yeah, I can dig it, just not as huge as it is in lore. Same with the Faes being deadpan thing. No, my Fae are not deadpan. One's an emotional grump, though the other doesn't display much emotion. But still, not deadpan (the communicating using crests thing is still something I like though and there's a special language involving them in my lore).

- Canon breed personalities. I know, it's a generalization and not all are like that to begin with, but, still ignored. Out of all my Spirals, only one is hyperactive (Mercury), and as far as I can remember, I only have one cowardly Pearlcatcher (Tocas). Hell, one of the highest ranked warriors in my clan is a Pearlcatcher (Johnson). He's deeeeefinitely not cowardly. But bits and pieces I still use, like Mirrors not being loners for the most part unless forced to.

- I may or may not be ignoring the unpredictable Imperial lifespan, or at least, messing around with that concept. Like a friend of mine, I'm connecting that to only the low generation Imperials (and there's ways to get around it.). Ones that are higher generation don't have as unpredictable a lifespan.

- Almost any breed can come out of an unhatched egg, not just plentifuls (and Nocs and Bogsneaks). Most of my g1's were born the breed I changed them into if they aren't one of those. The only exception to that is Imperial, in my lore, first gen Imps were either created as that, or the Lightweaver Herself changed them (thus, Imperial scrolls in my lore do not exist.).

- The Shade's pretty prevalent in my lore, and there are clans who ally with the Beastclans.

- My dragons have gijinka/bipedal forms, and they use them most of the time (my way of getting around the size difference yeeeeeep, since otherwise dragon sizes are still canon to me as a whole. Individual it depends (Takashi is not as large of a Skydancer in lore like he is on site, for example.))

- Lesser deities exist; the eleven are not the only Gods. They are, however, the strongest by far.

- The eye update did not affect only hatchlings. In my lore, a lot of my dragons with new eyes had them change. It makes sense to me.

- Yes, there are other creatures around who can take a dragon shape. Reincarnation is a Fire Elemental, Shullag is a demon.

- Nocturnes do not mimic everything or anything like that. They do have urges, and they can imitate things well, but they don't mimic everything someone else does.

- Skins/accents are not paint, they're either markings or tattoos, most likely (or clothing/horns depending)
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I always consider offspring lists to not be canon. I also have a few fae that don’t have trouble speaking emotionally and can talk to coatles easy, but since faes and coatles spoke to each other pretty easily in the BotE lore, I think that’s actually canon.

I have strict policy of always working with the canon sizes, because I think the world building challenge makes things much more interesting
I always consider offspring lists to not be canon. I also have a few fae that don’t have trouble speaking emotionally and can talk to coatles easy, but since faes and coatles spoke to each other pretty easily in the BotE lore, I think that’s actually canon.

I have strict policy of always working with the canon sizes, because I think the world building challenge makes things much more interesting
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
[quote name="SariStar" date="2018-08-09 16:04:30" ] Mostly just the different personalities of the breeds/elements. [/quote] this
SariStar wrote on 2018-08-09 16:04:30:
this
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
ALL OF IT.
ALL OF IT.
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
Ages and Fae's expressiveness. Although, size is usually pretty canon.
Ages and Fae's expressiveness. Although, size is usually pretty canon.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Dragons aren't supposed to be able to use any other than their own element, but I ignore that.
Dragons aren't supposed to be able to use any other than their own element, but I ignore that.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
The fact that Coatls are absolutely massive
The fact that Coatls are absolutely massive

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
1 2 3 4 5 6