Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's canon that you break?
1 2 3 4 5 6
coatls have ear holes.

you can fight me on this but i am going down with my headcanon
coatls have ear holes.

you can fight me on this but i am going down with my headcanon
D03a4pf.png
[quote name="chantric" date="2018-08-09 13:07:59" ] humans don't exist in sorneith [/quote] Is this actually canon...? I know I've seen people saying the fossils in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97][i]Ancient Fascinations[/i][/url] are humans from the Second Age, but I don't think I've seen it confirmed by an admin?? [s][size=2]Though if it turns out it's canon, I'll ignore it because I'm tired of the Humans Are Special trope.[/size] [/s] [LIST] [*]Personally, I ignore the "Sornieth's tech is equivalent to 1920's tech" thing; Lightning & Arcane are far more technologically advanced than the other Flights & they both have some form of magitech. Fire trails in third place because of its trade partnership with Lightning, Earth is least advanced, and the other Flights are more-or-less in the middle. [*]Breeds aren't a Planet Of Hats; one of my Mirrors prefers the company of other breeds (and even then, only specific dragons), my Ridgies don't fear water, most of my Guardians don't have a Charge, etc. [*]Some of my "dragons" aren't actually dragons, or are of a non-canon breed. (ex. one of my project dragons will - [i]gameplay-wise[/i] - be a Spiral, but in my (unwritten) lore, they'll be a sea serpent. :v ) [*]Add me to the "ignores canon sizes" thing - sure, there's still a difference, but not to the point an Imperial could accidentally tread on a Skydancer. [/LIST]
chantric wrote on 2018-08-09 13:07:59:
humans don't exist in sorneith

Is this actually canon...? I know I've seen people saying the fossils in Ancient Fascinations are humans from the Second Age, but I don't think I've seen it confirmed by an admin??

Though if it turns out it's canon, I'll ignore it because I'm tired of the Humans Are Special trope.

• Personally, I ignore the "Sornieth's tech is equivalent to 1920's tech" thing; Lightning & Arcane are far more technologically advanced than the other Flights & they both have some form of magitech. Fire trails in third place because of its trade partnership with Lightning, Earth is least advanced, and the other Flights are more-or-less in the middle.
  • Breeds aren't a Planet Of Hats; one of my Mirrors prefers the company of other breeds (and even then, only specific dragons), my Ridgies don't fear water, most of my Guardians don't have a Charge, etc.
  • Some of my "dragons" aren't actually dragons, or are of a non-canon breed. (ex. one of my project dragons will - gameplay-wise - be a Spiral, but in my (unwritten) lore, they'll be a sea serpent. :v )
  • Add me to the "ignores canon sizes" thing - sure, there's still a difference, but not to the point an Imperial could accidentally tread on a Skydancer.
Yeah, aside from calling the breeds by their FR names, and roughly keeping to sizes, I ignore just about everything. There's a reason large amounts of my lore are labeled as breaking canon.

Like, I mean really breaking canon.
Yeah, aside from calling the breeds by their FR names, and roughly keeping to sizes, I ignore just about everything. There's a reason large amounts of my lore are labeled as breaking canon.

Like, I mean really breaking canon.
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png
  • I ignore most of the breed charecteristics unless they're convenient for the charecter
  • The ah is canon to me
  • Exalt is more bloody war than peaceful service
  • Exalt is like a draft, but the wealthy often pay their way out of it
  • Age isn't always the same (headcannon is 1 irl day is a year for them)
  • I know noct are glitched with size but I like them being mega small
  • The lair location thing on the clan profile means nothing. I never left th crystalspine reaches in lore despite it saying we're chilling at the observatory
  • Dragon clothing indicates wealth and is way more common/desired than bare dragons
  • Skins/accents are permanent markings the dragon was born with, but can't be passed on
  • I ignore most of the breed charecteristics unless they're convenient for the charecter
  • The ah is canon to me
  • Exalt is more bloody war than peaceful service
  • Exalt is like a draft, but the wealthy often pay their way out of it
  • Age isn't always the same (headcannon is 1 irl day is a year for them)
  • I know noct are glitched with size but I like them being mega small
  • The lair location thing on the clan profile means nothing. I never left th crystalspine reaches in lore despite it saying we're chilling at the observatory
  • Dragon clothing indicates wealth and is way more common/desired than bare dragons
  • Skins/accents are permanent markings the dragon was born with, but can't be passed on
tumblr_inline_p81uu7fh7C1tsrqpm_75sq.gif

[*] FR +0
[*] 80% gen 1 lair. Please send help, my wallet is dying.
[*] Stay safe out there people!

I pick and choose a lot but I think the biggest piece of canon I ignore is probably size, yeah. I have a really hard time with the disparity and how the scale of anything would work out (even just basic things like trying to puzzle out multibreed living spaces), so I just pretend everything is similar size with variations for breed XD;
I pick and choose a lot but I think the biggest piece of canon I ignore is probably size, yeah. I have a really hard time with the disparity and how the scale of anything would work out (even just basic things like trying to puzzle out multibreed living spaces), so I just pretend everything is similar size with variations for breed XD;
UEKFohX.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date="2018-08-09 12:58:29" ] I've smashed canon lore on the ground and have picked out the pieces for fun. [/quote]
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2018-08-09 12:58:29:
I've smashed canon lore on the ground and have picked out the pieces for fun.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
ages + sizes
ages + sizes
Dried Flowers stream newjeans :3

netz | he/him | +3 fr time | DVynlKm.png | avatar dragon (why would you willingly look at this thing)
[quote name="Seadramon" date="2018-08-09 13:46:13" ] [quote name="chantric" date="2018-08-09 13:07:59" ] humans don't exist in sorneith [/quote] Is this actually canon...? I know I've seen people saying the fossils in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97][i]Ancient Fascinations[/i][/url] are humans from the Second Age, but I don't think I've seen it confirmed by an admin?? [/quote] @Seadramon hey sorry if you don't want a ping but i wanted you to see this quote from undel c: [quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-25 20:12:15" ] There are no living humans known to the world of FR. We can neither confirm nor deny the existence during the second age, as there are no living witnesses to that time. [/quote]
Seadramon wrote on 2018-08-09 13:46:13:
chantric wrote on 2018-08-09 13:07:59:
humans don't exist in sorneith

Is this actually canon...? I know I've seen people saying the fossils in Ancient Fascinations are humans from the Second Age, but I don't think I've seen it confirmed by an admin??

@Seadramon hey sorry if you don't want a ping but i wanted you to see this quote from undel c:
Undel wrote on 2013-06-25 20:12:15:
There are no living humans known to the world of FR. We can neither confirm nor deny the existence during the second age, as there are no living witnesses to that time.
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
existence of humans in the FR age, I mean, half the ingenium have human partners (humans are more like alien creatures in Sorienth in this age though, considering that none of them are native.)

SNOOTY PEARLCATCHER LORE CAN GO FLY A KITE
existence of humans in the FR age, I mean, half the ingenium have human partners (humans are more like alien creatures in Sorienth in this age though, considering that none of them are native.)

SNOOTY PEARLCATCHER LORE CAN GO FLY A KITE
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
[i][/i][i][/i][quote name="chantric" date="2018-08-09 14:16:00" ] @/Seadramon hey sorry if you don't want a ping but i wanted you to see this quote from undel c: [quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-25 20:12:15" ] There are no living humans known to the world of FR. We can neither confirm nor deny the existence during the second age, as there are no living witnesses to that time. [/quote] [/quote] @/chantric (Pinging me is fine, so no worries!) Ah, so it's all up to interpretation? Gotta admit, that's a relief. To stay on topic: [LIST] [*]Wildclaws, Skydancers, Nocturnes, and Fae are all around the same size as [i]Gigantoraptor erlianensis[/i]. [*]Bogsneak sizes depend on what they breedchanged from, otherwise they vary from the size of [i]Sarcosuchus imperator[/i](which is the average for the medium breeds, ie. anything that isn't a Guardian/Imp/Ridgeback or one of the "small" breeds listed above) to the [i]Tylosaurs[/i]. [*]Basically almost every breed (besides the big three) are larger than their canon sizes. [*]Pearlcatcher pearls are stolen & sold on the black market and/or used by less scrupulous dragons/beastclans to thrall the pearl's owner. [*]Ingame stats (age, etc.) don't count. [*]My lair isn't located in the Tempest Spire, it's on the coast. I also have a nomadic Plague subclan. [*]Dimensional travel is a thing. (see my Digimon fandragons) [*]Beastclans are a nuisance, but they aren't strong enough to threaten dragonkind or even an individual Flight. [*]Hybrids exist. [*]Cyborgs and robots exist.[/LIST].
chantric wrote on 2018-08-09 14:16:00:
@/Seadramon hey sorry if you don't want a ping but i wanted you to see this quote from undel c:
Undel wrote on 2013-06-25 20:12:15:
There are no living humans known to the world of FR. We can neither confirm nor deny the existence during the second age, as there are no living witnesses to that time.

@/chantric

(Pinging me is fine, so no worries!)

Ah, so it's all up to interpretation? Gotta admit, that's a relief.

To stay on topic:
  • Wildclaws, Skydancers, Nocturnes, and Fae are all around the same size as Gigantoraptor erlianensis.
  • Bogsneak sizes depend on what they breedchanged from, otherwise they vary from the size of Sarcosuchus imperator(which is the average for the medium breeds, ie. anything that isn't a Guardian/Imp/Ridgeback or one of the "small" breeds listed above) to the Tylosaurs.
  • Basically almost every breed (besides the big three) are larger than their canon sizes.
  • Pearlcatcher pearls are stolen & sold on the black market and/or used by less scrupulous dragons/beastclans to thrall the pearl's owner.
  • Ingame stats (age, etc.) don't count.
  • My lair isn't located in the Tempest Spire, it's on the coast. I also have a nomadic Plague subclan.
  • Dimensional travel is a thing. (see my Digimon fandragons)
  • Beastclans are a nuisance, but they aren't strong enough to threaten dragonkind or even an individual Flight.
  • Hybrids exist.
  • Cyborgs and robots exist.
1 2 3 4 5 6