Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Multi-eye project dragon
1 2 3
I spend 50 Vials without getting anything else than Uncommon. ..no count on how many i used in total but the rng is soo silly. I have gotten ONE multigaze and that's the rarest i have had. . I hope we get a shot on primal another way....
I spend 50 Vials without getting anything else than Uncommon. ..no count on how many i used in total but the rng is soo silly. I have gotten ONE multigaze and that's the rarest i have had. . I hope we get a shot on primal another way....
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I've been aiming to get my progen [#2995504] Primal eyes, and so far I've used 67 Vials on them. I have another 85 in my inventory to use, but I've been hesitant to scatter. After 67, I'm feeling a little defeated and I'm not eager to go back to more disappointment. Especially after seeing this thread.

For reference, here's all the results of my scatters:

Uncommon
Faceted
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Uncommon
Uncommon
Rare
Rare
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Rare
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Rare
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Rare
Rare
Rare
Uncommon
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Faceted

The totals are:

Uncommon: 29 [~43.2%]
Unusual: 24 [~35.8%]
Rare: 12 [~17.9%]
Faceted: 2 [~3%]
Multi: 0 [0%]
Primal: 0 [0%]

Which vaguely falls in line with the probabilities that people have been crunching, but the lower Uncommon rate for me just feels... weird. It all just feels a little weird.

I'll probably go and use the rest of my Vials during Brightshine? In which case I'll come back with an update post. My numbers might just feel funky because I haven't hit the hundreds yet.
I've been aiming to get my progen [#2995504] Primal eyes, and so far I've used 67 Vials on them. I have another 85 in my inventory to use, but I've been hesitant to scatter. After 67, I'm feeling a little defeated and I'm not eager to go back to more disappointment. Especially after seeing this thread.

For reference, here's all the results of my scatters:

Uncommon
Faceted
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Uncommon
Uncommon
Rare
Rare
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Uncommon
Uncommon
Unusual
Unusual
Rare
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Rare
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Rare
Rare
Rare
Uncommon
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Rare
Unusual
Unusual
Unusual
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Rare
Uncommon
Unusual
Uncommon
Faceted

The totals are:

Uncommon: 29 [~43.2%]
Unusual: 24 [~35.8%]
Rare: 12 [~17.9%]
Faceted: 2 [~3%]
Multi: 0 [0%]
Primal: 0 [0%]

Which vaguely falls in line with the probabilities that people have been crunching, but the lower Uncommon rate for me just feels... weird. It all just feels a little weird.

I'll probably go and use the rest of my Vials during Brightshine? In which case I'll come back with an update post. My numbers might just feel funky because I haven't hit the hundreds yet.
01_grimerat_dressed_100px.png Nick | they/them | FR+0

RNG Rat Adoptables
259 eye scatters on one dragon to try and get primal but the best I got was faceted which I eventually settled with...
259 eye scatters on one dragon to try and get primal but the best I got was faceted which I eventually settled with...
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
@Raytini02
@Taarnfalk
@LizzaBissa

Aye, in those 460 scatters I hit Facet 4 times and I don't think I got it at all in the last 200-250 or so. I wish I'd kept a more in-depth record.

But then again thinking of the wall of failures that'd be, maybe I don't.
@Raytini02
@Taarnfalk
@LizzaBissa

Aye, in those 460 scatters I hit Facet 4 times and I don't think I got it at all in the last 200-250 or so. I wish I'd kept a more in-depth record.

But then again thinking of the wall of failures that'd be, maybe I don't.
Wishlist collecting All the things!. Oh dear... Total quest on track!

Always looking for holiday toned UMAs.
Kind of a tangent but online games are actually better at doing random than offline... not because of the way they're written per se, but because humans are involved. Each time a random generation occurs, yeah, it's pulled from the seed. But who gets that call is essentially random. The probability of one person getting an actual predictable sequence is incredibly small, particularly on a populous site where calls are happening many many times per second.
Complete tangent, but yeah, the most likely thing is that the randomness is pretty darn good on FR and some people are just very unlucky - balancing out the people who get primal or multi inside 10 scrolls.
Kind of a tangent but online games are actually better at doing random than offline... not because of the way they're written per se, but because humans are involved. Each time a random generation occurs, yeah, it's pulled from the seed. But who gets that call is essentially random. The probability of one person getting an actual predictable sequence is incredibly small, particularly on a populous site where calls are happening many many times per second.
Complete tangent, but yeah, the most likely thing is that the randomness is pretty darn good on FR and some people are just very unlucky - balancing out the people who get primal or multi inside 10 scrolls.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2018-06-16 12:37:37" ] Kind of a tangent but online games are actually better at doing random than offline... not because of the way they're written per se, but because humans are involved. Each time a random generation occurs, yeah, it's pulled from the seed. But who gets that call is essentially random. The probability of one person getting an actual predictable sequence is incredibly small, particularly on a populous site where calls are happening many many times per second. Complete tangent, but yeah, the most likely thing is that the randomness is pretty darn good on FR and some people are just very unlucky - balancing out the people who get primal or multi inside 10 scrolls. [/quote] It's true, as long as the setup isn't such that possibilities are getting pushed out due to configuration issues. (Which really shouldn't happen, but mistakes do occur and shortcuts are often needed.) Since dropping so many scrolls on this one dragon, I figured I'd spend some on the rest of my lair. (Only 1x each, my insanity has some bounds. But dang it feels good to spend an item and actually have something [i]change[/i]!) And I've pulled one Multi and one Primal, just about exactly as expected by the normal distribution predicted by others. So if there is a glitch, it may well be dragon-specific, not user-specific. Which is good to know, at least.
Vendrus wrote on 2018-06-16 12:37:37:

It's true, as long as the setup isn't such that possibilities are getting pushed out due to configuration issues. (Which really shouldn't happen, but mistakes do occur and shortcuts are often needed.)

Since dropping so many scrolls on this one dragon, I figured I'd spend some on the rest of my lair. (Only 1x each, my insanity has some bounds. But dang it feels good to spend an item and actually have something change!) And I've pulled one Multi and one Primal, just about exactly as expected by the normal distribution predicted by others. So if there is a glitch, it may well be dragon-specific, not user-specific. Which is good to know, at least.

@XNeox

Appreciate it, and glad you got what you were wanting!

And yeah, getting rare was nice to know that the wave of uncommon/unusual wasn't neverending, but getting rare into rare into rare felt... less rare.
@XNeox

Appreciate it, and glad you got what you were wanting!

And yeah, getting rare was nice to know that the wave of uncommon/unusual wasn't neverending, but getting rare into rare into rare felt... less rare.

I used around 60 scatters and never got anything higher than rare.
I used around 60 scatters and never got anything higher than rare.
April showers bring forth May flowers
31 isn't too many, but honestly I do agree. There might be a bug. I'm definitely following this.
31 isn't too many, but honestly I do agree. There might be a bug. I'm definitely following this.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
Update: we've had a post from one of the developers stating that neither dragon nor user info is used to calculate random eyes, hence they're calling it a case of bad luck.

I'll update the OP with the full response. Thank you all for your time and attention.
Update: we've had a post from one of the developers stating that neither dragon nor user info is used to calculate random eyes, hence they're calling it a case of bad luck.

I'll update the OP with the full response. Thank you all for your time and attention.

1 2 3