Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore we learned from Ten Eyes
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Dragonartist24" date="2018-03-07 19:18:32" ] [quote name="catgame21234" date="2018-03-07 18:21:11" ] [quote name="Dragonartist24" date="2018-03-07 18:19:19" ] It's also worth mentioning that canonically (and regardless of Flight) dragon body temperature instinctively goes up when they experience strong emotion? [/quote] Just like real humans! [img]https://assets.rbl.ms/14362178/980x.jpg[/img] [/quote] [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2ryn7rp.png[/IMG] Maybe this is how Mirrors see? With both eyes? [/quote] Here for the wings refrence a bat [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/e3/3a/d5e33a6d45a75ce670178ad9e51e8f66.jpg[/img] anywhere there's mussle would be blood so their tail would be lit up like a christmass tree but yeah something like that!
Dragonartist24 wrote on 2018-03-07 19:18:32:
catgame21234 wrote on 2018-03-07 18:21:11:
Dragonartist24 wrote on 2018-03-07 18:19:19:
It's also worth mentioning that canonically (and regardless of Flight) dragon body temperature instinctively goes up when they experience strong emotion?
Just like real humans!
980x.jpg
2ryn7rp.png

Maybe this is how Mirrors see? With both eyes?
Here for the wings refrence a bat

d5e33a6d45a75ce670178ad9e51e8f66.jpg
anywhere there's mussle would be blood
so their tail would be lit up like a christmass tree
but yeah something like that!
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
We also learned more about dragons last names namely that

They are generally a composite word combing two things (Rancollo Lavala is an exception to this)

at least One of the words in the composite word must reference the dragons flight (petalhide, blotburrow, Reedwing, etc.)

Anythin else is guesswork and conjecture we don't know if dragons from the same clan all share a last name, if its earned through some right of passage thing, or if its inherited through one of the parents.

If I may indulge in some Wild guesswork My current theory on last names is that they get one part of their names from the last names of both parents. My main "evidence" for this is Blotburrow and Spinehearth. While I've mentioned before That the Blot in Blotburrow refers to the shadow flight I think the burrow part of the name is suspiciously earthy. Spinehearth's name is even more suspicious because a hearth is a term for a fire place

Therefore My theory is that Blotburrow has a shadow parent and an earth parent. and that Spinehearth has one Plague parent and one Fire parent and that when they got last names they borrowed a part of their names from both parents.

It's probably not true though and Lavala proves that naming conventions are not totally standard anyway.

(I'm sorry for the long post i'm a nerd who loves different cultures and how they work or might work)
We also learned more about dragons last names namely that

They are generally a composite word combing two things (Rancollo Lavala is an exception to this)

at least One of the words in the composite word must reference the dragons flight (petalhide, blotburrow, Reedwing, etc.)

Anythin else is guesswork and conjecture we don't know if dragons from the same clan all share a last name, if its earned through some right of passage thing, or if its inherited through one of the parents.

If I may indulge in some Wild guesswork My current theory on last names is that they get one part of their names from the last names of both parents. My main "evidence" for this is Blotburrow and Spinehearth. While I've mentioned before That the Blot in Blotburrow refers to the shadow flight I think the burrow part of the name is suspiciously earthy. Spinehearth's name is even more suspicious because a hearth is a term for a fire place

Therefore My theory is that Blotburrow has a shadow parent and an earth parent. and that Spinehearth has one Plague parent and one Fire parent and that when they got last names they borrowed a part of their names from both parents.

It's probably not true though and Lavala proves that naming conventions are not totally standard anyway.

(I'm sorry for the long post i'm a nerd who loves different cultures and how they work or might work)
@Catgame21234 Thank you so much! I will do them if I get a chance, I was planning to do the two characters from the Ice story as well!
@Catgame21234 Thank you so much! I will do them if I get a chance, I was planning to do the two characters from the Ice story as well!
STORMCATCHER_sig.png

Alli || 17 || FR -1 || Wildclaw Enthusiast || Cheap Mood Boards
one thing I noticed-or how I read things, was how sure of herself that the Wildclaw was. In lore, Wildclaws half to back up everything they say, and need to be willing to fight for it. The strongest one is always 'right'.

So I sort of took that in her tone with speaking. I read it that she couldn't really ask questions like 'Did you intentionally break the lenses'. She had to make an assumption ('This mirror definitely broke the lenses' ) and continue on with that line of thought to its extremes, With no room for doubt/questioning. Possibly because she wasn't expecting something like this to happen, especially with so many other things happening. There's a good chance the wildclaw was actually glad that Beatrix was willing to fight/stood up for herself. And also why she was willing to leave the mages. (Once Beatrix stood up for herself, she didn't actually directly accuse her again, she turned her anger/fear to Smark. Because she couldn't admit that theres a possibility she was wrong, since that might lower her wildclaw-ranking, she had to keep going deeper. And Actions are important, so she had to go so far as to try and dismantle her lenses. )

I mean, i think we'll possibly see these characters again in future lore, but thats kind of something I noticed/thought. Maybe i'm overthinking though.

(I also noticed how the Wildclaw and Pearlcatcher seamed to be friends. (Shadow and Plague are right next to each other on the map.)

Edit: I also noticed how the Wildclaw immediately fell in line once the older (and presumably stronger) Skydancer started scolding them.
one thing I noticed-or how I read things, was how sure of herself that the Wildclaw was. In lore, Wildclaws half to back up everything they say, and need to be willing to fight for it. The strongest one is always 'right'.

So I sort of took that in her tone with speaking. I read it that she couldn't really ask questions like 'Did you intentionally break the lenses'. She had to make an assumption ('This mirror definitely broke the lenses' ) and continue on with that line of thought to its extremes, With no room for doubt/questioning. Possibly because she wasn't expecting something like this to happen, especially with so many other things happening. There's a good chance the wildclaw was actually glad that Beatrix was willing to fight/stood up for herself. And also why she was willing to leave the mages. (Once Beatrix stood up for herself, she didn't actually directly accuse her again, she turned her anger/fear to Smark. Because she couldn't admit that theres a possibility she was wrong, since that might lower her wildclaw-ranking, she had to keep going deeper. And Actions are important, so she had to go so far as to try and dismantle her lenses. )

I mean, i think we'll possibly see these characters again in future lore, but thats kind of something I noticed/thought. Maybe i'm overthinking though.

(I also noticed how the Wildclaw and Pearlcatcher seamed to be friends. (Shadow and Plague are right next to each other on the map.)

Edit: I also noticed how the Wildclaw immediately fell in line once the older (and presumably stronger) Skydancer started scolding them.
Loving this thread! <3 <3 !!
Loving this thread! <3 <3 !!
Yay for a wise and just Wind rep! ;D
Yay for a wise and just Wind rep! ;D
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
[quote]Without tearing his gaze from the phenomenon, he gestured frantically with his left arm for Arwin Petalhide, the fae magister of nature, to grab a parchment and quill. She fanned her crests in reply and darted to the table in the middle of the room.[/quote] I wonder what that one sentence implies about fae body language. Either the fae a) moved her frills on instinct or b) did it to communicate that she had understood. In case of the latter, did she assume that the other dragon would both understand that the crest-fanning was a conscious gesture and know what it meant? Or did she do it simply because it was faster than speaking and better than nothing? If she expected her signal to be understood, would that mean it is common for other breeds to have a basic grasp of fae gestures, or has she just known the magisters for long enough that they've become reasonably familiar with her expressions? [s]I am very passionate about language ok yes[/s]
Quote:
Without tearing his gaze from the phenomenon, he gestured frantically with his left arm for Arwin Petalhide, the fae magister of nature, to grab a parchment and quill. She fanned her crests in reply and darted to the table in the middle of the room.
I wonder what that one sentence implies about fae body language.

Either the fae a) moved her frills on instinct or b) did it to communicate that she had understood. In case of the latter, did she assume that the other dragon would both understand that the crest-fanning was a conscious gesture and know what it meant? Or did she do it simply because it was faster than speaking and better than nothing?

If she expected her signal to be understood, would that mean it is common for other breeds to have a basic grasp of fae gestures, or has she just known the magisters for long enough that they've become reasonably familiar with her expressions?

I am very passionate about language ok yes
Mx8NzKG.png
please add me to the pinglist!
please add me to the pinglist!
Thanks for this I've been putting Lorebook characters together in my lair and was just searching around for name meanings (Rancollo Lavala) when I found this.

Going out on a limb perhaps.. his last name is kind of compound actually... Lava (meaning molten rock obviously) and La (meaning 'the' in many european dialects like french/italian etc)

btw he is going to be Por's father (you'd have to check my Lorebook tab in a month to understand that reference but its the quickest and lore'iest way I can get him and Haemil to be cousins!)

Don't tell me I could just scry the characters please, I'm on a mission!

Thanks for this I've been putting Lorebook characters together in my lair and was just searching around for name meanings (Rancollo Lavala) when I found this.

Going out on a limb perhaps.. his last name is kind of compound actually... Lava (meaning molten rock obviously) and La (meaning 'the' in many european dialects like french/italian etc)

btw he is going to be Por's father (you'd have to check my Lorebook tab in a month to understand that reference but its the quickest and lore'iest way I can get him and Haemil to be cousins!)

Don't tell me I could just scry the characters please, I'm on a mission!

qDkA25S.png
I wonder what timeframe BOTE is happening. At the end of the Lightning story, didn’t they say they’ll be destroying the lay line temple to make room for reactor plans? I imagine that’s why the lightning device blew up in the first place.
I wonder what timeframe BOTE is happening. At the end of the Lightning story, didn’t they say they’ll be destroying the lay line temple to make room for reactor plans? I imagine that’s why the lightning device blew up in the first place.
1 2 3 4 5