Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do people exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Trust me you'll change your mind quickly.

People exalt for money, dom, lair space and lore or they simply just don't want the dragon anymore.

It's not cruel or evil. They just go to the serve their deity, which in fact is a very high honor in canon lore. Your going to work (and even possibly see) your deity! So it's pretty much working for god.

Trust me you'll change your mind quickly.

People exalt for money, dom, lair space and lore or they simply just don't want the dragon anymore.

It's not cruel or evil. They just go to the serve their deity, which in fact is a very high honor in canon lore. Your going to work (and even possibly see) your deity! So it's pretty much working for god.

Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
[quote name="DancingHare" date="2018-02-21 06:47:34" ] [quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-02-21 05:27:27" ] @/oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms. [/quote] Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is. [/quote] I suggest pinging me if you want to get my attention, otherwise there is absolutely no point in trying to tell me something/argue with me :) I wasn't trying to "force" the person to exalt, or whatever it may be that you thought I was saying. I just reminded them that this is nothing but a game, the dragons are not alive, they're not animals that you should feel upset about if you were to exalt them, and then I simply mentioned that exalting is in fact a mechanism of the game. I don't understand what your problem was with my post? @dancinghare
DancingHare wrote on 2018-02-21 06:47:34:
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-02-21 05:27:27:
@/oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms.

Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is.

I suggest pinging me if you want to get my attention, otherwise there is absolutely no point in trying to tell me something/argue with me :)

I wasn't trying to "force" the person to exalt, or whatever it may be that you thought I was saying. I just reminded them that this is nothing but a game, the dragons are not alive, they're not animals that you should feel upset about if you were to exalt them, and then I simply mentioned that exalting is in fact a mechanism of the game. I don't understand what your problem was with my post?

@dancinghare
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
When you don''t have space , it's like a trashcan , if you dont like the dragon anymore ^^
Gives more cash , as if you would try to sell it sometimes.
When you don''t have space , it's like a trashcan , if you dont like the dragon anymore ^^
Gives more cash , as if you would try to sell it sometimes.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
i can't ever bring myself to exalt one of my own dragons, i'm really way too attached to them for that orz

i've picked up exalting fodder recently though - for money
i can't ever bring myself to exalt one of my own dragons, i'm really way too attached to them for that orz

i've picked up exalting fodder recently though - for money
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="OceanBean" date="2018-02-21 03:59:28" ] @/Vyxen Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :( [/quote] There's lots of ways to see the game and play it, but for justifications for exalting: [i] In the mood of "I imagine my dragons are alive":[/i] I love my dragons. They're my students, trainees. But they [u]deserve[/u] the highest of honors, if they want to serve a deity, I'll not hold them back. Maybe some of them will return, but as my lair is a haven and training center of sorts, we must let them go. Every dragon that puts a claw in my lair, knows than more than personal satisfaction, we want the common good, and we will serve our gods to achieve it, earning the highest of honors: to help our flight. We must learn to let them go, as anything we love will finally leave us, and one day we'll must go and left the ones we love. (Unless our souls are too egoist/obsessive and end up haunting a place but that's another story ñ.ñ) [i] now the "I imagine my dragons as pixels in a virtual vitrine":[/i] I love my dragons. They're so pretty, and have been with me for so long. But I'm condemned to be locked, to not being able to keep playing, having more dragons, changing my lair style, I'll not even have enough money to feed, dress and give them some new genes, breeds, colors. But well, I can't cry and get sad and sick for virtual things, it's a game at the end, and exaltation helps the players to renew their dragons and entire lairs if desired, by sending the dragons to a nice place. Comes with money and helps the movement of dragons across the site, helps people to have space for more beautiful dragons, and helps people who breed those beautiful dragons and want them to go to forever homes, TO FIND those forever homes. Otherwise we will end with a bunch of pixels stuck in our lairs, no one would have space for dragons they actually want to keep. [i]now the "I want things, I want challenge":[/i] I want to have the rarest or prettier dragons on the site, I'll collect the rarest items in the game, I'll test my patience against the RNG and game system in breeding challenges. I'll need money, and exaltation gives a nice income. I'll need lair space, and exaltation keeps things neat. I want breed challenges to be more entertaining? add exaltation rules to it. I can participate in Dom activities to earn some nice things, and be recognized as a challenging player. Now, mix everything of that and you have a lair like mine x'D Everyone has their way to play, but for most players the game turns very frustrating after a while if they don't exalt some dragons, and what's the point of a game if not having a good time playing it? We can always bring nice stories in any way we decide to play :)
OceanBean wrote on 2018-02-21 03:59:28:
@/Vyxen Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :(

There's lots of ways to see the game and play it, but for justifications for exalting:

In the mood of "I imagine my dragons are alive":

I love my dragons. They're my students, trainees. But they deserve the highest of honors, if they want to serve a deity, I'll not hold them back. Maybe some of them will return, but as my lair is a haven and training center of sorts, we must let them go. Every dragon that puts a claw in my lair, knows than more than personal satisfaction, we want the common good, and we will serve our gods to achieve it, earning the highest of honors: to help our flight.

We must learn to let them go, as anything we love will finally leave us, and one day we'll must go and left the ones we love. (Unless our souls are too egoist/obsessive and end up haunting a place but that's another story ñ.ñ)

now the "I imagine my dragons as pixels in a virtual vitrine":

I love my dragons. They're so pretty, and have been with me for so long. But I'm condemned to be locked, to not being able to keep playing, having more dragons, changing my lair style, I'll not even have enough money to feed, dress and give them some new genes, breeds, colors.

But well, I can't cry and get sad and sick for virtual things, it's a game at the end, and exaltation helps the players to renew their dragons and entire lairs if desired, by sending the dragons to a nice place. Comes with money and helps the movement of dragons across the site, helps people to have space for more beautiful dragons, and helps people who breed those beautiful dragons and want them to go to forever homes, TO FIND those forever homes.

Otherwise we will end with a bunch of pixels stuck in our lairs, no one would have space for dragons they actually want to keep.

now the "I want things, I want challenge":

I want to have the rarest or prettier dragons on the site, I'll collect the rarest items in the game, I'll test my patience against the RNG and game system in breeding challenges. I'll need money, and exaltation gives a nice income. I'll need lair space, and exaltation keeps things neat. I want breed challenges to be more entertaining? add exaltation rules to it. I can participate in Dom activities to earn some nice things, and be recognized as a challenging player.

Now, mix everything of that and you have a lair like mine x'D

Everyone has their way to play, but for most players the game turns very frustrating after a while if they don't exalt some dragons, and what's the point of a game if not having a good time playing it? We can always bring nice stories in any way we decide to play :)
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

I exalt for dominance bonuses. Also for profits and lair space.
I exalt for dominance bonuses. Also for profits and lair space.
Art shop Ich bin ein Berliner!
YqXDmJ2.png
17, speech and debate LD captain, US high school senior
I exalt because it's the best way to make money. Can't have pretty dragons if you don't have the money :D
I exalt because it's the best way to make money. Can't have pretty dragons if you don't have the money :D
@OceanBean 1. To free up lair space, 2. For dom and treasure because it makes easy profit, 3. It frees up space in the databanks (?), and there are just some dragons people don't like.
@OceanBean 1. To free up lair space, 2. For dom and treasure because it makes easy profit, 3. It frees up space in the databanks (?), and there are just some dragons people don't like.
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
[quote name="Katargo" date="2018-02-21 04:21:01" ] Money. The reason for everything. [/quote] I like to say that the amount of money I earn from exalting overrides how another person feels about what happens to their dragon. Exalting is a site mechanic that is meant to relive the server of data, don’t i don’t feel bad at all.
Katargo wrote on 2018-02-21 04:21:01:
Money. The reason for everything.

I like to say that the amount of money I earn from exalting overrides how another person feels about what happens to their dragon. Exalting is a site mechanic that is meant to relive the server of data, don’t i don’t feel bad at all.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
@OceanBean

Okay I’ve been here about a year but I remember the first few months of being here. But I once hated exalting and viewed it as the death of my dragons but over time I came to see we are drowning in dragons and there are so many that people don’t want and not enough lair space to keep them all, so recently I’ve been pushing to convince new people like you to always name your hatched dragons and immediately exalt. This is also because our dragon economy is trash thanks to these masses of dragons that we really don’t need. And it’s profitable, if you attempt to sell at above fodder prices (about 10kt) and they don’t sell you level them and exalt them making our economy better, these factors if more common would make all dragons worth just a little bit more.

So I know how you feel but remember you can always lorewise change what happened to them in memories in a way but it’s a good thing. You should be proud to exalt as it helps the economy and makes your future dragons worth more. The less dragons with certain colors or genes makes them seem more like an expensive or high class thing to own meanwhile if everyone has a dragon just like yours they really aren’t worth anything, then you have dragons you love and others find ugly and you protect it with your life. Like my son Lynrask who many have called him fodder because he was a cheap unwanted dragon for someone else doesn’t mean the dragon means nothing to you. Now exalting also is the second main purpose of our dragons as if the gods need our help we must exalt to help them.
@OceanBean

Okay I’ve been here about a year but I remember the first few months of being here. But I once hated exalting and viewed it as the death of my dragons but over time I came to see we are drowning in dragons and there are so many that people don’t want and not enough lair space to keep them all, so recently I’ve been pushing to convince new people like you to always name your hatched dragons and immediately exalt. This is also because our dragon economy is trash thanks to these masses of dragons that we really don’t need. And it’s profitable, if you attempt to sell at above fodder prices (about 10kt) and they don’t sell you level them and exalt them making our economy better, these factors if more common would make all dragons worth just a little bit more.

So I know how you feel but remember you can always lorewise change what happened to them in memories in a way but it’s a good thing. You should be proud to exalt as it helps the economy and makes your future dragons worth more. The less dragons with certain colors or genes makes them seem more like an expensive or high class thing to own meanwhile if everyone has a dragon just like yours they really aren’t worth anything, then you have dragons you love and others find ugly and you protect it with your life. Like my son Lynrask who many have called him fodder because he was a cheap unwanted dragon for someone else doesn’t mean the dragon means nothing to you. Now exalting also is the second main purpose of our dragons as if the gods need our help we must exalt to help them.
4xTBSTZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16