Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do people exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
I felt that way at first too.

I was finally able to begin writing lore for my lair after I exalted my pro gens. They both came back after many years in service to the deities. (thank you admin for creating the restore service. Lol)
But I do see the exalted ones as leaving to train or fight against the beastclans.

As others have said, the point is to have fun with it. When you create your lore about saving your dragons or whatever you decide to do, there are bunches of us who would love to read about it. Part of what makes this game so neat is everyone's different stories and ideas of how to play.

And Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here no matter how you play the game. @oceanbean
I felt that way at first too.

I was finally able to begin writing lore for my lair after I exalted my pro gens. They both came back after many years in service to the deities. (thank you admin for creating the restore service. Lol)
But I do see the exalted ones as leaving to train or fight against the beastclans.

As others have said, the point is to have fun with it. When you create your lore about saving your dragons or whatever you decide to do, there are bunches of us who would love to read about it. Part of what makes this game so neat is everyone's different stories and ideas of how to play.

And Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here no matter how you play the game. @oceanbean
In a world where you can be anything... Be nice.
exalting is a necessary mechanic or else no one would have room for any dragons. it helps keep the dragon market alive; it's already pretty weak because people struggle to keep lair space as it is. eventually as you play the game you come to realize a lot of dragons are replaceable or easy to get. those are the types people exalt.

there are rarer dragons that people typically don't exalt unless they are ugly, called first generation or gen ones. but that's a whole 'nother story.
exalting is a necessary mechanic or else no one would have room for any dragons. it helps keep the dragon market alive; it's already pretty weak because people struggle to keep lair space as it is. eventually as you play the game you come to realize a lot of dragons are replaceable or easy to get. those are the types people exalt.

there are rarer dragons that people typically don't exalt unless they are ugly, called first generation or gen ones. but that's a whole 'nother story.
ycSiwsB.png
Sadly it's gonna happen to you one day, sooner or later.
Sadly it's gonna happen to you one day, sooner or later.
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif
I have fodder pairs that I breed to level and exalt, I enjoy hatching nests but I couldn't keep them all due to space.
I have fodder pairs that I breed to level and exalt, I enjoy hatching nests but I couldn't keep them all due to space.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-02-21 05:27:27" ] @oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms. [/quote] Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is.
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-02-21 05:27:27:
@oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms.

Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is.
tundrasig_small.png
You only say that because you are kinda new, you will soon realize its one of the best money making methods ;p
But yes i exalt hundreds for millions in return.

And the dominance mechanic is about exalting.
You only say that because you are kinda new, you will soon realize its one of the best money making methods ;p
But yes i exalt hundreds for millions in return.

And the dominance mechanic is about exalting.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
u say that now, but exalting is one of the easiest ways to make money on the long run ¯\_(?)_/¯
since fr dragons are immortal and cant leave a game system in any other way, exalting is an excellent way to keep the population in check and preserve the dragon economy so it doesn't get any worst than it already is
u say that now, but exalting is one of the easiest ways to make money on the long run ¯\_(?)_/¯
since fr dragons are immortal and cant leave a game system in any other way, exalting is an excellent way to keep the population in check and preserve the dragon economy so it doesn't get any worst than it already is
B18_L2.pngscript2.pngmSV3YQy.pngZoKUZoU.pngudvBp0Z.pngl13_book.pngB18_R2.png
DPSlXho.png

xxxxxx_f2u__crown_by_gayb0t-db4bqar.png
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifscript
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifthey/them
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdesign studentsmall_blinking_text_cursor_by_neripixu-d6lwqe9.gif

xxxxxxart shop // accents // tumblr
[quote name="@DancingHare" date="2018-02-21 06:47:34" ] [quote name="Cataclasm" date="2018-02-21 05:27:27" ] @/oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms. [/quote] Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is. [/quote] That post wasn't saying that it was wrong not to exalt though...? They were just reminding the OP that the dragons aren't real and not to get too upset about them being exalted, and that exalting is indeed an important part of the game. Sometimes people just get a bit too invested in a game, it happens. Unless I'm misunderstanding?
@DancingHare wrote on 2018-02-21 06:47:34:
Cataclasm wrote on 2018-02-21 05:27:27:
@/oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms.

Hey, if OP doesn't want to exalt any dragons that's 100% their choice. It's not wrong because you say it is.
That post wasn't saying that it was wrong not to exalt though...? They were just reminding the OP that the dragons aren't real and not to get too upset about them being exalted, and that exalting is indeed an important part of the game. Sometimes people just get a bit too invested in a game, it happens. Unless I'm misunderstanding?
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
You don’t have to exalt if you don’t want to. There are many players that do not. Just be aware that if you sell any dragons, the new owner can exalt them and it will likely happen, especially if priced low. If they are exalted they still remain on your offspring list, and that if a forever Unnamed dragon would bother you, you need to name before selling as once they leave your lair the new owner can do whatever they want with the dragon
You don’t have to exalt if you don’t want to. There are many players that do not. Just be aware that if you sell any dragons, the new owner can exalt them and it will likely happen, especially if priced low. If they are exalted they still remain on your offspring list, and that if a forever Unnamed dragon would bother you, you need to name before selling as once they leave your lair the new owner can do whatever they want with the dragon
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DesertUmbra" date="2018-02-21 07:13:41" ] That post wasn't saying that it was wrong not to exalt though...? They were just reminding the OP that the dragons aren't real and not to get too upset about them being exalted, and that exalting is indeed an important part of the game. Sometimes people just get a bit too invested in a game, it happens. Unless I'm misunderstanding? [/quote] It came off as very argumentative to me. And it doesn't have to be part of the game if OP doesn't want to.
DesertUmbra wrote on 2018-02-21 07:13:41:
That post wasn't saying that it was wrong not to exalt though...? They were just reminding the OP that the dragons aren't real and not to get too upset about them being exalted, and that exalting is indeed an important part of the game. Sometimes people just get a bit too invested in a game, it happens. Unless I'm misunderstanding?

It came off as very argumentative to me. And it doesn't have to be part of the game if OP doesn't want to.
tundrasig_small.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16