Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do people exalt?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
@oceanbean

No one's making you exalt fren. I for one avoid it most the time, preferring to sell hatchlings and dergs unless we're participating in dom. We all respect your decision to not exalt, we're just telling you why we do.
@oceanbean

No one's making you exalt fren. I for one avoid it most the time, preferring to sell hatchlings and dergs unless we're participating in dom. We all respect your decision to not exalt, we're just telling you why we do.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
From a game mechanics standpoint: Money.

From a lore standpoint: Light dragons are scholars. Dragons come from all over the world to visit the Seer of my clan and gain wisdom. She tells them of the pressing need for schools to spread knowledge to the next generation. So they don the yellow robes of a teacher and go out into the world, founding schools and teaching hatchlings and defending hatchlings against the beastclans.

Exalted dragons aren't unloved. On the contrary, they're loved by their gods, their communities, and everyone around them. They're considered the strongest, the wisest, and the most talented, and they choose to share those gifts with the community instead of using them all for selfish gain.
From a game mechanics standpoint: Money.

From a lore standpoint: Light dragons are scholars. Dragons come from all over the world to visit the Seer of my clan and gain wisdom. She tells them of the pressing need for schools to spread knowledge to the next generation. So they don the yellow robes of a teacher and go out into the world, founding schools and teaching hatchlings and defending hatchlings against the beastclans.

Exalted dragons aren't unloved. On the contrary, they're loved by their gods, their communities, and everyone around them. They're considered the strongest, the wisest, and the most talented, and they choose to share those gifts with the community instead of using them all for selfish gain.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I used to be like that, in fact now the entire premise of my clan lore is that it’s a place for dragons that prefer to lead more leisurely lives to live without being forced to be exalted by the rest of the clan

I do have to say straight up now though, I regret not exalting some of my dragons earlier on. Most of my lair is now dragons that don’t work well with any apparel but because I’ve had them for years I love them and they also have lore (and three of them are lv 25 dragons with two of them having elims)

So I’d just say be slightly wary of the consequences of never exalting years in the future, I constantly struggle for lair space and feeding dragons because I have little time for Coli

But otherwise like everyone’s mentioned in official lore exalting is a very high honour, so it’s not like you’re killing your dragons unless you’ve made it your lore that it is
I used to be like that, in fact now the entire premise of my clan lore is that it’s a place for dragons that prefer to lead more leisurely lives to live without being forced to be exalted by the rest of the clan

I do have to say straight up now though, I regret not exalting some of my dragons earlier on. Most of my lair is now dragons that don’t work well with any apparel but because I’ve had them for years I love them and they also have lore (and three of them are lv 25 dragons with two of them having elims)

So I’d just say be slightly wary of the consequences of never exalting years in the future, I constantly struggle for lair space and feeding dragons because I have little time for Coli

But otherwise like everyone’s mentioned in official lore exalting is a very high honour, so it’s not like you’re killing your dragons unless you’ve made it your lore that it is
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
1. Money. Lots of it and pretty quick.
2. Not all dragons are beautiful, and sometimes we get a dragon that just isn't that pretty in our eyes.
3. We've only got so much lair space so we gotta be picky with our dragons.

You don't have to ever exalt a dragon that comes through your lair, but then all I have to say is you gotta be real picky about what you own. If you want to love all dragons you're going to run out of space pretty quick, then your not-wanting-to-exalt self will get in a war with your I-want-to-own-all-the-dragons self.

It's not about death or killing them or doing anything horrible to have. Canon lore states that exaltation is the greatest honour one can achieve. The definition of exalt is also as follows:

1. think or speak very highly of (someone or something): the party will continue to exalt their hero.
2. raise to a higher rank or position: this naturally exalts the peasant above his brethren in the same rank of society.

I don't get why people view exalting as killing or as something bad.

Oh and to add, you're a newbie. It's a fact. Your taste in dragons is bound to change as did most of ours did. When I first started out I thought all dragons except Imperials were hideous beasts, but now look at me. Skydancers have invaded my lair. And Wildclaws. And Pearlcatchers. You're eventually going to find a dragon you just might not have space for even though you desperately want it. I wouldn't commit to a promise of never exalting.
1. Money. Lots of it and pretty quick.
2. Not all dragons are beautiful, and sometimes we get a dragon that just isn't that pretty in our eyes.
3. We've only got so much lair space so we gotta be picky with our dragons.

You don't have to ever exalt a dragon that comes through your lair, but then all I have to say is you gotta be real picky about what you own. If you want to love all dragons you're going to run out of space pretty quick, then your not-wanting-to-exalt self will get in a war with your I-want-to-own-all-the-dragons self.

It's not about death or killing them or doing anything horrible to have. Canon lore states that exaltation is the greatest honour one can achieve. The definition of exalt is also as follows:

1. think or speak very highly of (someone or something): the party will continue to exalt their hero.
2. raise to a higher rank or position: this naturally exalts the peasant above his brethren in the same rank of society.

I don't get why people view exalting as killing or as something bad.

Oh and to add, you're a newbie. It's a fact. Your taste in dragons is bound to change as did most of ours did. When I first started out I thought all dragons except Imperials were hideous beasts, but now look at me. Skydancers have invaded my lair. And Wildclaws. And Pearlcatchers. You're eventually going to find a dragon you just might not have space for even though you desperately want it. I wouldn't commit to a promise of never exalting.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Quote:
Exalted dragons aren't unloved.
This is true, from official lore, from my own personal lore, and from even a game standpoint. Do you know how many of my exaltees I wish I could keep? Let me tell you, a LOT. I think all dragons are pretty, which makes it worse for me. And I struggle to release even ONE of my perms, much less NINE so that I can have space.

In my personal lore, my dragons not only are in different factions, which means half of them are only affiliated, but exalted can just mean they left the clan for whatever reason, possibly to start clans of their own, possibly just because living in the clan was too much for them and they wanted to settle down and retire. Heck, they can still be in the town that the clan protects and continue interacting with the clan, it's only from a game standpoint that they're exalted.
Quote:
Exalted dragons aren't unloved.
This is true, from official lore, from my own personal lore, and from even a game standpoint. Do you know how many of my exaltees I wish I could keep? Let me tell you, a LOT. I think all dragons are pretty, which makes it worse for me. And I struggle to release even ONE of my perms, much less NINE so that I can have space.

In my personal lore, my dragons not only are in different factions, which means half of them are only affiliated, but exalted can just mean they left the clan for whatever reason, possibly to start clans of their own, possibly just because living in the clan was too much for them and they wanted to settle down and retire. Heck, they can still be in the town that the clan protects and continue interacting with the clan, it's only from a game standpoint that they're exalted.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
The realm is literally at war and the exaltees basically get drafted into the army (source). On top of that, the maximum number of dragons you can ever save from the fate is 200.

The world of FR is not a kind one.

That doesn't mean mass-exalters are blood-thirsty villains: generally, they either choose to ignore the official lore to some extent or just not think of exalted dragons as characters on par with the permanent residents of their lairs.

To actually answer your question: for profit.
The realm is literally at war and the exaltees basically get drafted into the army (source). On top of that, the maximum number of dragons you can ever save from the fate is 200.

The world of FR is not a kind one.

That doesn't mean mass-exalters are blood-thirsty villains: generally, they either choose to ignore the official lore to some extent or just not think of exalted dragons as characters on par with the permanent residents of their lairs.

To actually answer your question: for profit.
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
@OceanBean [quote]Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :([/quote] That's 100% your call - some people do play like that, and it's a perfectly fine way to enjoy the site. Some tips though: Check out [url=http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Lair_and_Lair_Space]this page[/url]; it's an article about how much it will cost you over time to purchase additional lairspace. Your expansions are pretty cheap now, but far enough into the game, it'll cost you more than a million treasure for just five new spaces. That in mind: - Be selective about which dragons you allow into your clan. If they're going to stay forever, it's worth taking an extra day or so to consider before you buy or adopt them. - Breed sparingly and carefully. Each nest you hatch means up to five new dragons joining your clan; you can sell or give them to other players, but most [i]will[/i] eventually end up exalted. Per site rules, once a dragon is no longer in your lair, what happens to them isn't your decision. - Practice the fairgrounds games. If you don't want to get into fodder exalting, the games are your best source of treasure; you can earn up to 75,000t per day that way. - If you ever change your mind and want to exalt a dragon, it can help to come up with a story about what's happening in their lives now. Exalting doesn't stop you from thinking and writing about their adventures in their deity's service, and you can post these stories in the bios of their friends and relatives who are still in your clan. Welcome to the site and have fun!
@OceanBean
Quote:
Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :(

That's 100% your call - some people do play like that, and it's a perfectly fine way to enjoy the site. Some tips though:

Check out this page; it's an article about how much it will cost you over time to purchase additional lairspace. Your expansions are pretty cheap now, but far enough into the game, it'll cost you more than a million treasure for just five new spaces. That in mind:

- Be selective about which dragons you allow into your clan. If they're going to stay forever, it's worth taking an extra day or so to consider before you buy or adopt them.

- Breed sparingly and carefully. Each nest you hatch means up to five new dragons joining your clan; you can sell or give them to other players, but most will eventually end up exalted. Per site rules, once a dragon is no longer in your lair, what happens to them isn't your decision.

- Practice the fairgrounds games. If you don't want to get into fodder exalting, the games are your best source of treasure; you can earn up to 75,000t per day that way.

- If you ever change your mind and want to exalt a dragon, it can help to come up with a story about what's happening in their lives now. Exalting doesn't stop you from thinking and writing about their adventures in their deity's service, and you can post these stories in the bios of their friends and relatives who are still in your clan.

Welcome to the site and have fun!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="OceanBean" date="2018-02-21 03:59:28" ] Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :( [/quote] And you can totally play that way! :D Quite a few players choose non-exalt policy. Still, there are lots of pretty dragons around and only so much space (it gets more and more expensive the more you buy, halfway to the max each row already costs over 1 mil t). Add to that exalting being the easiest way of getting profit... and you end up with lots of exalters :D Personally, I barely ever exalt perma-dragons (it's easy to find a new home for them though as they usually have art or are valuable in some other way), but I have a lot of dragons I buy and breed specifically for exalting, so I'm not attached to them. Most aren't really nice-looking anyway XD
OceanBean wrote on 2018-02-21 03:59:28:
Oh I guess I can see then. Still, I don't EVER want to exalt any of my dragons ever. It seems mean to tell them I love them then get rid of them forever :(
And you can totally play that way! :D Quite a few players choose non-exalt policy. Still, there are lots of pretty dragons around and only so much space (it gets more and more expensive the more you buy, halfway to the max each row already costs over 1 mil t). Add to that exalting being the easiest way of getting profit... and you end up with lots of exalters :D

Personally, I barely ever exalt perma-dragons (it's easy to find a new home for them though as they usually have art or are valuable in some other way), but I have a lot of dragons I buy and breed specifically for exalting, so I'm not attached to them. Most aren't really nice-looking anyway XD
@oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms.

Not to mention that if you regret exalting a dragon, you can get it back within 14 days by going into Support (on the left hand side of the screen) then Self service, then Dragon restoration and then Normal dragon restoration.
@oceanbean You need to take a break and remind yourself that this is only a game. These dragons are nothing but pixels on a screen, they are not live beings, they do not have feelings and they won't be upset if you exalt them. This is a game meant for people to have fun, and exalting is one of the game's mechanisms.

Not to mention that if you regret exalting a dragon, you can get it back within 14 days by going into Support (on the left hand side of the screen) then Self service, then Dragon restoration and then Normal dragon restoration.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
@OceanBean
The main reason for exaltation in my eyes is that dragons are infinite while lairspace is not. That said, you are of course free to never ever exalt a dragon, but if you feel that way then there is one more thing you should keep in mind. If you ever sell or give away a dragon, there is a good chance they will eventually end up exalted (even if the person originally doesn´t mean to do it at all) and there´s nothing you can do about it. It sounds harsh if I say it like that, and I apologize for not being able to formulate it in a softer way, but it´s the way it is and I only say it so that you know it, count with it, and can prevent yourself from feeling sad because of it, okay?

Edit: Dang typos
@OceanBean
The main reason for exaltation in my eyes is that dragons are infinite while lairspace is not. That said, you are of course free to never ever exalt a dragon, but if you feel that way then there is one more thing you should keep in mind. If you ever sell or give away a dragon, there is a good chance they will eventually end up exalted (even if the person originally doesn´t mean to do it at all) and there´s nothing you can do about it. It sounds harsh if I say it like that, and I apologize for not being able to formulate it in a softer way, but it´s the way it is and I only say it so that you know it, count with it, and can prevent yourself from feeling sad because of it, okay?

Edit: Dang typos
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16