Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *Screams at new forums*
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

i absolutely adore the new look of the forums!

i absolutely adore the new look of the forums!
2dumqon.jpg

they/them | med student
martial artist
I'll admit, I thought the page had glitched on me or something. Old computer just hating me or something like that. Then I'm like "Wait, those buttons are new... WHAT." XD
I'll admit, I thought the page had glitched on me or something. Old computer just hating me or something like that. Then I'm like "Wait, those buttons are new... WHAT." XD
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
For me it's not so much "ugh ugly" so much as the contrast is so much - the red/pale yellow was an easier color combination on the eyes. I don't even have vision problems normally but I'm struggling to read posts.

(Also, the fact that the main forum page and blockquotes have the same look as the old forums kind of throws me - all one or all the other, why the strange mix of both. It's a weird aesthetic choice and those two being the same just makes it stand out even more from the rest of the site.

I understand if the goal is bringing this whole site up to this look eventually, but...weird in between phases I guess, man.)
For me it's not so much "ugh ugly" so much as the contrast is so much - the red/pale yellow was an easier color combination on the eyes. I don't even have vision problems normally but I'm struggling to read posts.

(Also, the fact that the main forum page and blockquotes have the same look as the old forums kind of throws me - all one or all the other, why the strange mix of both. It's a weird aesthetic choice and those two being the same just makes it stand out even more from the rest of the site.

I understand if the goal is bringing this whole site up to this look eventually, but...weird in between phases I guess, man.)
[quote name="@Placid" date="2018-02-13 19:51:36" ] I'm not sure if I like how it looks now. But I do like the new buttons under each user. I do see a problem of not being able to report peoples posts, unless im just missing that button. [/quote] One of the admin posts in this thread addresses this. The report button never worked in the past anyway, even though it appeared to, so they've removed it for the moment until they're ready to fix it. In the meantime, just use Contact Us to report people.
@Placid wrote on 2018-02-13 19:51:36:
I'm not sure if I like how it looks now. But I do like the new buttons under each user.
I do see a problem of not being able to report peoples posts, unless im just missing that button.

One of the admin posts in this thread addresses this. The report button never worked in the past anyway, even though it appeared to, so they've removed it for the moment until they're ready to fix it. In the meantime, just use Contact Us to report people.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5nh4hvn.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5][color=#da7e00][b]H[/color][/size][size=4][color=#5c4879]onestly, it'll take me a while to get used to, but I don't see cause for all of the complaints. It really isn't that bad, guys. Give it a break. And hey, the blankness just makes it easier to fill in with forum themes if and when that happens, which is hopeful but would be really cool!
5nh4hvn.png Honestly, it'll take me a while to get used to, but I don't see cause for all of the complaints. It really isn't that bad, guys. Give it a break. And hey, the blankness just makes it easier to fill in with forum themes if and when that happens, which is hopeful but would be really cool!
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
I don't think I like the new forum layout that much. I don't post often though I just lurk.
I don't think I like the new forum layout that much. I don't post often though I just lurk.
sQ35KLV.png
I know I've already complained about this, but the longer I look at it, the more I hate it. It's way too bright and floaty. I know they're trying to look sleek and modern, but I don't think it works with the rest of the site. Unless, of course, they're planning to change the whole site, in which case I'll probably finally abandon ship.
I know I've already complained about this, but the longer I look at it, the more I hate it. It's way too bright and floaty. I know they're trying to look sleek and modern, but I don't think it works with the rest of the site. Unless, of course, they're planning to change the whole site, in which case I'll probably finally abandon ship.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
[quote name="Luthyx" date="2018-02-14 21:17:01" ] Honestly, it'll take me a while to get used to, but I don't see cause for all of the complaints. It really isn't that bad, guys. Give it a break. And hey, the blankness just makes it easier to fill in with forum themes if and when that happens, which is hopeful but would be really cool! [/quote] A lot of, if not most of the people making "complaints" have a degree of disability, like photosensitivity. Looking at white backgrounds is like staring directly into a light bulb, even with flux installed, for me. It [i]hurts[/i].
Luthyx wrote on 2018-02-14 21:17:01:
Honestly, it'll take me a while to get used to, but I don't see cause for all of the complaints. It really isn't that bad, guys. Give it a break. And hey, the blankness just makes it easier to fill in with forum themes if and when that happens, which is hopeful but would be really cool!
A lot of, if not most of the people making "complaints" have a degree of disability, like photosensitivity. Looking at white backgrounds is like staring directly into a light bulb, even with flux installed, for me. It hurts.
pVm8X4t.gif
i'm not sure how to feel about this
the buttons are certainly useful but as others have said, it looks empty
i'll probably get used to it within a few days though
i'm not sure how to feel about this
the buttons are certainly useful but as others have said, it looks empty
i'll probably get used to it within a few days though
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
cyleris // she/her // fr +19

i'm on and off this site randomly
volcarona.png
I like that the vistas stand out more. Not sure I like the bigger[?] sig area, it's very distracting.
I like that the vistas stand out more. Not sure I like the bigger[?] sig area, it's very distracting.
vSxK3u9.png
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87