Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *Screams at new forums*
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
...Having different color schemes isn't going to bog down the site. All it would do is load different CSS files (which are absolutely tiny). Quite a few websites have different color schemes for forums with zero hit to performance.
...Having different color schemes isn't going to bog down the site. All it would do is load different CSS files (which are absolutely tiny). Quite a few websites have different color schemes for forums with zero hit to performance.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
[quote name="Lycaon1765" date="2018-02-15 17:43:07" ] [quote name="Rinaminori" date="2018-02-15 17:05:55" ] Why can't they make choices instead of replacements? :( This could so easily have been turned into a site theme drop-down in account settings. [/quote] This argument enrages me so much. (not picking on you, your post is just the closest) you know, it could just be that, [i]it might bog down the site a little?? Just a tad?[/i] The fact that people forget this so often is maddening. [/quote] :think: Huh, that's weird. I use several sites with multiple themes... it isn't a problem for those sites at all! So I don't really believe you when you say it'll bog down the site to be honest.
Lycaon1765 wrote on 2018-02-15 17:43:07:
Rinaminori wrote on 2018-02-15 17:05:55:
Why can't they make choices instead of replacements? :( This could so easily have been turned into a site theme drop-down in account settings.
This argument enrages me so much. (not picking on you, your post is just the closest)
you know, it could just be that,
it might bog down the site a little?? Just a tad?
The fact that people forget this so often is maddening.

:think: Huh, that's weird. I use several sites with multiple themes... it isn't a problem for those sites at all! So I don't really believe you when you say it'll bog down the site to be honest.

He/him | FRT+1 x
I have to agree with @Reshiramu on the Forum Themes. I've been on sites with 4+ different themes and it doesn't bog them down in the slightest. Let alone that this site has almost (if not over) 6 thousand active users daily..so if that doesn't bog the site down substantially I doubt that some extra CSS files will do so..??
I have to agree with @Reshiramu on the Forum Themes. I've been on sites with 4+ different themes and it doesn't bog them down in the slightest. Let alone that this site has almost (if not over) 6 thousand active users daily..so if that doesn't bog the site down substantially I doubt that some extra CSS files will do so..??
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
[quote name="SirDarkHat" date="2018-02-15 14:07:18" ] Yeah, can we stop harassing the disabled, please? Because that's what all of this "it doesnt hurt me so it cant possibly hurt someone with a condition lol" is [/quote] Never intended hurt, but I do guess i can't say much. However, I do believe I didn't say that. Edit: Thinking about it, it kind of does give me a headache if I look at the background for a minute or so.
SirDarkHat wrote on 2018-02-15 14:07:18:
Yeah, can we stop harassing the disabled, please? Because that's what all of this "it doesnt hurt me so it cant possibly hurt someone with a condition lol" is
Never intended hurt, but I do guess i can't say much. However, I do believe I didn't say that.

Edit: Thinking about it, it kind of does give me a headache if I look at the background for a minute or so.
Lolwut
[quote name="Reshiramu" date="2018-02-15 19:15:57" ] [quote name="Lycaon1765" date="2018-02-15 17:43:07" ] [quote name="Rinaminori" date="2018-02-15 17:05:55" ] Why can't they make choices instead of replacements? :( This could so easily have been turned into a site theme drop-down in account settings. [/quote] This argument enrages me so much. (not picking on you, your post is just the closest) you know, it could just be that, [i]it might bog down the site a little?? Just a tad?[/i] The fact that people forget this so often is maddening. [/quote] :think: Huh, that's weird. I use several sites with multiple themes... it isn't a problem for those sites at all! So I don't really believe you when you say it'll bog down the site to be honest. [/quote] I think the biggest issue comes in with a new layout (with implied coding changes, potentially large ones) vs themes. Adding this particular forum as a theme could have meant a huge issue of having to update two different codes if they ever wanted to change the layout of the forums or add new functionality to them. I don't know whether they changed the coding itself, or just the outer looks of the forum. Different themes are feasible, and something I have wanted for a long time (I very much prefer cooler colors to bright and warm ones), but saying that this new layout should have been a choosable theme is not necessarily feasible depending on whether the changes to the forums are cosmetic or if it went much deeper.
Reshiramu wrote on 2018-02-15 19:15:57:
Lycaon1765 wrote on 2018-02-15 17:43:07:
Rinaminori wrote on 2018-02-15 17:05:55:
Why can't they make choices instead of replacements? :( This could so easily have been turned into a site theme drop-down in account settings.
This argument enrages me so much. (not picking on you, your post is just the closest)
you know, it could just be that,
it might bog down the site a little?? Just a tad?
The fact that people forget this so often is maddening.

:think: Huh, that's weird. I use several sites with multiple themes... it isn't a problem for those sites at all! So I don't really believe you when you say it'll bog down the site to be honest.
I think the biggest issue comes in with a new layout (with implied coding changes, potentially large ones) vs themes. Adding this particular forum as a theme could have meant a huge issue of having to update two different codes if they ever wanted to change the layout of the forums or add new functionality to them. I don't know whether they changed the coding itself, or just the outer looks of the forum.

Different themes are feasible, and something I have wanted for a long time (I very much prefer cooler colors to bright and warm ones), but saying that this new layout should have been a choosable theme is not necessarily feasible depending on whether the changes to the forums are cosmetic or if it went much deeper.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The buttons are nice but I don't think it feels like a forum... It reminds me more of an IM app or something, I dunno

Also jumping on the dark theme bandwagon, or maybe having different colour schemes like Lioden and toyhouse. I'm not photosensitive but I love a nice dark theme
The buttons are nice but I don't think it feels like a forum... It reminds me more of an IM app or something, I dunno

Also jumping on the dark theme bandwagon, or maybe having different colour schemes like Lioden and toyhouse. I'm not photosensitive but I love a nice dark theme
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
I forgot to post about it, but I literally went on FR at 6 AM and saw the new forums. I then powered off my computer because I thought it was a glitch. I'm used to them now and I like 'em though c:
I forgot to post about it, but I literally went on FR at 6 AM and saw the new forums. I then powered off my computer because I thought it was a glitch. I'm used to them now and I like 'em though c:
LIEE5fE.png
At least they aren't a mess like lioden's forums.
At least they aren't a mess like lioden's forums.
nqvWszd.pngLycaon1765p.gifsVQ6W82.pngCoEXf1M.png
Those 4 little buttons might be handy BUT I don't like their position! Everything else in that left side box is about the specific user: avator/vista, specific stats about THEM (dragons/ posts, etc). Then these little add-ons disrupt it! They aren't related to the user in any unique way, they are stylistically jarring compared to the rest .... It would be much better if they were included in the date heading with the quote and link icons!

Also my writing box does feel a bit squished!
Those 4 little buttons might be handy BUT I don't like their position! Everything else in that left side box is about the specific user: avator/vista, specific stats about THEM (dragons/ posts, etc). Then these little add-ons disrupt it! They aren't related to the user in any unique way, they are stylistically jarring compared to the rest .... It would be much better if they were included in the date heading with the quote and link icons!

Also my writing box does feel a bit squished!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
To be completely honest, I like it a lot. I mean, sure, it was a bit to get used to @ first, but I think it’s nice and organized. Thanks, FR staff!
To be completely honest, I like it a lot. I mean, sure, it was a bit to get used to @ first, but I think it’s nice and organized. Thanks, FR staff!
mainbanner-REAL.jpg
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87