Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Most used cliches in dragon bios
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
[quote name="fuwafuwa" date=2018-01-13 11:18:27] Pfffft, what an exhaustive list. That's the problem with cliches, everything is a cliche, you can't avoid them. I feel like if you were to try and write a full, interesting lair of lore avoiding this list... I don't know if it's possible. Especially warriors? I feel like that's less of a cliche and more of a common needed job in the world. Hrm, I feel the same about some others, too. Like, how else do you explain a G1 in your lore? Anyways, this is your daily reminder that cliches in of themselves are not bad :p [/quote] Yup, [b]tropes are tools[/b]! There's so much story-telling in the world that basically everything that can be done [i]has[/i] been done, so of course, the same themes will end up popping up again and again. And these themes can be done in new, refreshing ways! Everyone's interpretation is unique and inversions and the like are always interesting to read. That doesn't mean that we can't make fun of them, however. xD
fuwafuwa wrote on 2018-01-13:
Pfffft, what an exhaustive list. That's the problem with cliches, everything is a cliche, you can't avoid them. I feel like if you were to try and write a full, interesting lair of lore avoiding this list... I don't know if it's possible. Especially warriors? I feel like that's less of a cliche and more of a common needed job in the world. Hrm, I feel the same about some others, too. Like, how else do you explain a G1 in your lore?

Anyways, this is your daily reminder that cliches in of themselves are not bad :p

Yup, tropes are tools! There's so much story-telling in the world that basically everything that can be done has been done, so of course, the same themes will end up popping up again and again. And these themes can be done in new, refreshing ways! Everyone's interpretation is unique and inversions and the like are always interesting to read.

That doesn't mean that we can't make fun of them, however. xD
uCR5SCW.png
Cinnamon roll
Sinnamon roll
The Klutz
The Chef
Cults
Random Weirdo you have no clue how they got in your lair
Genius Doctor

I literally use a bunch of these lol I love this list by way

Edit:I need to learn how to spell lol
Cinnamon roll
Sinnamon roll
The Klutz
The Chef
Cults
Random Weirdo you have no clue how they got in your lair
Genius Doctor

I literally use a bunch of these lol I love this list by way

Edit:I need to learn how to spell lol
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
[quote name="NulliusNominis" date=2018-01-13 10:48:14] I died at lorem ipsum [/quote] same
NulliusNominis wrote on 2018-01-13:
I died at lorem ipsum

same
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
This is so true though.....
This is so true though.....
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
[quote]- Everyone is LGBT+[/quote] [center][font=candara][color=#db82e5][size=4]...oops[/size][/color][/font][/center]
Quote:
- Everyone is LGBT+

...oops
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
@schattenfeuer

They figured us out.....
@schattenfeuer

They figured us out.....
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
@Comic1sans

well...crap XD
@Comic1sans

well...crap XD
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
[quote]Dark past[/quote] This is cliche for most OCs XD but hey it’s easy for these charas to have depth!
Quote:
Dark past

This is cliche for most OCs XD but hey it’s easy for these charas to have depth!
XriSV9h.gif
"Sexy lizard with wings" I giggled a little xD

As for the tropes themselves, I have a few ideas, pardon me if they are already here:

- The Wise and Patient Elder(TM)

- The father who hates his hatchlings, mate and grandparents

- The dragon that was the weakest ever now being the most powerful leader

God I hope nobody gets offended, Im so sorry if its the case lmAO
"Sexy lizard with wings" I giggled a little xD

As for the tropes themselves, I have a few ideas, pardon me if they are already here:

- The Wise and Patient Elder(TM)

- The father who hates his hatchlings, mate and grandparents

- The dragon that was the weakest ever now being the most powerful leader

God I hope nobody gets offended, Im so sorry if its the case lmAO
Plague dragon who moved because they are tired of disease.
Ice dragons that hate cold.

I have a couple of them each in my lair.
Plague dragon who moved because they are tired of disease.
Ice dragons that hate cold.

I have a couple of them each in my lair.
In a world where you can be anything... Be nice.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33