Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Most used cliches in dragon bios
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Most of mine are just generic, boring rays of sunshine
and they like to cuddle
Most of mine are just generic, boring rays of sunshine
and they like to cuddle
I mean does a weak two headed emperor count? She’s still strong compared to a normal dragon but she’d stand no chance to another emperor. Lillith doesn’t live in the clan anymore
I mean does a weak two headed emperor count? She’s still strong compared to a normal dragon but she’d stand no chance to another emperor. Lillith doesn’t live in the clan anymore
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
My clan has a number of these, but most of them I only kinda sorta have, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Formatting and non-lore stuff in bio
- NAME:
* Adjective ~ Adjective ~ Adjective * (I used to do this because it was in a template I was using)
-"Return to ____" (I don't have this right now but I've had it before, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, idk what the big deal is)
-"DO NOT EXALT" (I have a reminder to myself like this on a couple of dragons, not in all caps though)
-Link to info page on defunct subspecies that no one breeds anymore (nothing wrong with this either)
-Was a gift from X. (yes, I want to mark dragons that were gifts with thanks to whoever gave them to me, what of it?)
-Advertisement for a hatchery etc (it's reasonable to leave the hatchery info there if you aren't taking over the entire bio with lore)
-Blank (who cares)
-gene/outfit plans at the bottom
-literally just a placeholder for wishlists and projects (why not do this? some things don't belong on the forums, where else are you going to put them?)

Characters
-The dragon who needs help at making friends. (Zera probably)
-Old dude that hates younger pips (he doesn't hate children but he's prejudiced against most other flights)
-Magical prodigy (Balan kinda, trying not to overdo it)
-Short-tempered (Cass somewhat)
-Everyone wears the exact same outfits all thee time (what am I supposed to do? make new outfits for my dragons all the time? with what wardrobe?)
-Future seer™ (I mean, Gil is a Water dragon, so she gets visions sometimes, what of it?)
-The dispenser of some prophecy (same thing)
-Not really part of the clan but shhhh... (Krovum won't leave)
-Lore says can beat up anyone, Level 1 (coli levels don't have to match lore, also coli doesn't exist in my lore, deal with it)
-Emotionless (Luin isn't actually emotionless but others might read her as such; similarly, any fae characters)
-Wandered out into the woods and found something that changed its live. (not wandering, but basically)
-On that subject, "Violent storm that took me from my family" (Tinc is getting dangerously close to this, but only because I dropped the "exiled for being grey" thing)
-insecure about appearance (Cass, slightly)
-that one artistic dragon (Ambren)
-meme (not in lore, but in my Fandragons tab)
-Adopted by X (Tinc adopted by Luin)
-The Wise and Patient Elder(TM) (I plan for my clan leader to grow into this role)
-Extremely religious dragon that dedicates their life to deities/specific deity dergs (Sonna, sort of)

Lore overall
-Clan history is mostly a story of how the mated progens met (the beginning of it is)
-Every single clan apparently has their own giant library (it's not giant, but this *is* a Light clan, so they have a library of the stuff they're researching and any books/scrolls they're currently borrowing from elsewhere)
-Nearly all official breed lore beyond guardian charges, Noc mimicry, Snapper flightlessness, Emperors, and sometimes(When it's convenient) Coatl colors may as well not exist (That's... most of the site lore. What more do you want? Snapper nomads? My lore's world has those, but it's set in Light, so you won't see them.)
-Elemental civil war doesn't seem to exist (I don't have warring within a flight or between flights yet, but such things have definitely happened in the world's past, and there's a lot of tension)
-No one ever questions the faith(s) of the elemental deities, except sometimes evil shade cultists (enough dragons have actually met the deities that it isn't reasonable to question their existence, though it can be reasonable to question whether what they're doing is good)
-Quadruped dragons described preforming actions as if they were bipeds (explicitly stated in my overall notes, because it would be really frustrating to have to work with dragons who can't hold things)

Events/plot
-Transformed by X macguffin (only if a place can be a macguffin, and there's a specific reason for it, and it transformed a bunch of dragons)
-Wanderer dragon with lore in its description that is put in the AH and gets exalted. (This unfortunately happened to a traveling dragon that I hosted in the past.)
-The Chef (Emry, unless you have a stereotype in mind; what's wrong with having a character who cooks for the clan?)

My clan lore doesn't have these things yet, but probably will later, and now I definitely will because you've ticked me off
-Tailor (also surprisingly common)
-3 or more siblings with absurdly wildly varying personalities (you mean that thing that happens in real life?)
-All water clans inexplicably live on the shore, a ship, or a very convenient island (I'm going to make Spirit's parents' clan live in a place like this)
-Some variety of elemental/nature/generally demigodlike spirit (you mean like the canon deities? only not as powerful as they are, because that would be Sue-ish?)
-some sort of spirit or ghost
--Guardian's charge is its mate/familiar

Bonus round: I don't even understand what was meant by these
-Marketplace and trading post? Whats that?
-Trauma? What trauma? My trauma to X or my trauma to Y?
My clan has a number of these, but most of them I only kinda sorta have, so I think I'm doing pretty well.

Formatting and non-lore stuff in bio
- NAME:
* Adjective ~ Adjective ~ Adjective * (I used to do this because it was in a template I was using)
-"Return to ____" (I don't have this right now but I've had it before, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, idk what the big deal is)
-"DO NOT EXALT" (I have a reminder to myself like this on a couple of dragons, not in all caps though)
-Link to info page on defunct subspecies that no one breeds anymore (nothing wrong with this either)
-Was a gift from X. (yes, I want to mark dragons that were gifts with thanks to whoever gave them to me, what of it?)
-Advertisement for a hatchery etc (it's reasonable to leave the hatchery info there if you aren't taking over the entire bio with lore)
-Blank (who cares)
-gene/outfit plans at the bottom
-literally just a placeholder for wishlists and projects (why not do this? some things don't belong on the forums, where else are you going to put them?)

Characters
-The dragon who needs help at making friends. (Zera probably)
-Old dude that hates younger pips (he doesn't hate children but he's prejudiced against most other flights)
-Magical prodigy (Balan kinda, trying not to overdo it)
-Short-tempered (Cass somewhat)
-Everyone wears the exact same outfits all thee time (what am I supposed to do? make new outfits for my dragons all the time? with what wardrobe?)
-Future seer™ (I mean, Gil is a Water dragon, so she gets visions sometimes, what of it?)
-The dispenser of some prophecy (same thing)
-Not really part of the clan but shhhh... (Krovum won't leave)
-Lore says can beat up anyone, Level 1 (coli levels don't have to match lore, also coli doesn't exist in my lore, deal with it)
-Emotionless (Luin isn't actually emotionless but others might read her as such; similarly, any fae characters)
-Wandered out into the woods and found something that changed its live. (not wandering, but basically)
-On that subject, "Violent storm that took me from my family" (Tinc is getting dangerously close to this, but only because I dropped the "exiled for being grey" thing)
-insecure about appearance (Cass, slightly)
-that one artistic dragon (Ambren)
-meme (not in lore, but in my Fandragons tab)
-Adopted by X (Tinc adopted by Luin)
-The Wise and Patient Elder(TM) (I plan for my clan leader to grow into this role)
-Extremely religious dragon that dedicates their life to deities/specific deity dergs (Sonna, sort of)

Lore overall
-Clan history is mostly a story of how the mated progens met (the beginning of it is)
-Every single clan apparently has their own giant library (it's not giant, but this *is* a Light clan, so they have a library of the stuff they're researching and any books/scrolls they're currently borrowing from elsewhere)
-Nearly all official breed lore beyond guardian charges, Noc mimicry, Snapper flightlessness, Emperors, and sometimes(When it's convenient) Coatl colors may as well not exist (That's... most of the site lore. What more do you want? Snapper nomads? My lore's world has those, but it's set in Light, so you won't see them.)
-Elemental civil war doesn't seem to exist (I don't have warring within a flight or between flights yet, but such things have definitely happened in the world's past, and there's a lot of tension)
-No one ever questions the faith(s) of the elemental deities, except sometimes evil shade cultists (enough dragons have actually met the deities that it isn't reasonable to question their existence, though it can be reasonable to question whether what they're doing is good)
-Quadruped dragons described preforming actions as if they were bipeds (explicitly stated in my overall notes, because it would be really frustrating to have to work with dragons who can't hold things)

Events/plot
-Transformed by X macguffin (only if a place can be a macguffin, and there's a specific reason for it, and it transformed a bunch of dragons)
-Wanderer dragon with lore in its description that is put in the AH and gets exalted. (This unfortunately happened to a traveling dragon that I hosted in the past.)
-The Chef (Emry, unless you have a stereotype in mind; what's wrong with having a character who cooks for the clan?)

My clan lore doesn't have these things yet, but probably will later, and now I definitely will because you've ticked me off
-Tailor (also surprisingly common)
-3 or more siblings with absurdly wildly varying personalities (you mean that thing that happens in real life?)
-All water clans inexplicably live on the shore, a ship, or a very convenient island (I'm going to make Spirit's parents' clan live in a place like this)
-Some variety of elemental/nature/generally demigodlike spirit (you mean like the canon deities? only not as powerful as they are, because that would be Sue-ish?)
-some sort of spirit or ghost
--Guardian's charge is its mate/familiar

Bonus round: I don't even understand what was meant by these
-Marketplace and trading post? Whats that?
-Trauma? What trauma? My trauma to X or my trauma to Y?
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
*looks at clan and shrugs* I like demons so yupppp, cliche as heckaroni here. If people like to use those tropes though, then that's perfectly fine tbh everyone likes their own thing [emoji=mirror winking size=1]
*looks at clan and shrugs*

I like demons so yupppp, cliche as heckaroni here. If people like to use those tropes though, then that's perfectly fine tbh everyone likes their own thing
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
@Rinwood
I got one-
either
" a bunch of Coatls that conveniently speak traditional draconic "
or
" conveniently speaks Coatl "
@Rinwood
I got one-
either
" a bunch of Coatls that conveniently speak traditional draconic "
or
" conveniently speaks Coatl "
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif mIntLwS.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o4_r1_75sq.gif
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33