Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What has happened since 2016?
1 2
The title says it all. I left back in August 2016, and I'm making my way back into FR again. Though, I have a few questions as to what has been going on since I have left.

Are lightning and plague still dominance champs?
Is the coliseum still the best way to make money?
Are gen 1 dragons still popular?

and anything else you feel like I should know
The title says it all. I left back in August 2016, and I'm making my way back into FR again. Though, I have a few questions as to what has been going on since I have left.

Are lightning and plague still dominance champs?
Is the coliseum still the best way to make money?
Are gen 1 dragons still popular?

and anything else you feel like I should know
@FallenRain

- Light is the big powerhouse. Earth is shaping up to be incredible as well. Lightning is still pretty good. Plague, not so much anymore.
- Unfortunately yes, for a lot of people, the coli is the best way to make any money.
- The GenOne market is... confusing. Since the release of the new color wheel, unless they are really special, they don't tend to go for much.

New stuff: Baldwin's Bubbling Brew finally appeared and is in the trading post! Bogsneaks are brewable from there, and its a whole new dragon breed!

No festival stuff retires anymore. Everything before the 2016-2017 cycle has retired (sans the bears and the crowns) and the rest of the items will be constantly cycled in through "Joxar's Spare Inventory Chests".

Dressing Room is a new thing. You can dress up dragons there with any apparel/skins, though its hard to do if you don't have a list of apparel next to you.

The coli update still hasn't happened, but the AH and the CR have both been revamped.
@FallenRain

- Light is the big powerhouse. Earth is shaping up to be incredible as well. Lightning is still pretty good. Plague, not so much anymore.
- Unfortunately yes, for a lot of people, the coli is the best way to make any money.
- The GenOne market is... confusing. Since the release of the new color wheel, unless they are really special, they don't tend to go for much.

New stuff: Baldwin's Bubbling Brew finally appeared and is in the trading post! Bogsneaks are brewable from there, and its a whole new dragon breed!

No festival stuff retires anymore. Everything before the 2016-2017 cycle has retired (sans the bears and the crowns) and the rest of the items will be constantly cycled in through "Joxar's Spare Inventory Chests".

Dressing Room is a new thing. You can dress up dragons there with any apparel/skins, though its hard to do if you don't have a list of apparel next to you.

The coli update still hasn't happened, but the AH and the CR have both been revamped.
uCR5SCW.png
@fallenrain there's been tons of new gene+apparel releases, a new breed, the dressing room, an updated AH and crossroads, the color wheel expansion, festival things cycle into Joxars spare inventory now (festive favors), and much much more.

To answer your two direct questions-
Not so much- light and (I believe) earth are the two biggest powerhouses now. I haven't seen lightning or plague dom in a long time.
Yes- but now there are a lot of viable ways to make money other than the coli (I personally use baldwin to make money)
Not so much. Their value kind of tanked after the color wheel expansion and never really regained its footing. Most G1s are going for fodder price now unless they're EXTREMELY nice looking.
@fallenrain there's been tons of new gene+apparel releases, a new breed, the dressing room, an updated AH and crossroads, the color wheel expansion, festival things cycle into Joxars spare inventory now (festive favors), and much much more.

To answer your two direct questions-
Not so much- light and (I believe) earth are the two biggest powerhouses now. I haven't seen lightning or plague dom in a long time.
Yes- but now there are a lot of viable ways to make money other than the coli (I personally use baldwin to make money)
Not so much. Their value kind of tanked after the color wheel expansion and never really regained its footing. Most G1s are going for fodder price now unless they're EXTREMELY nice looking.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
We finally got archer apparel.

As well archer vista.
We finally got archer apparel.

As well archer vista.
@FallenRain

Take a look at our Dom Tracker! Plague still has the highest number of first places but they haven't dominated since June, while Light dommed for three weeks in a row around the time of our festival and has easily the highest number of overall placings in the top three.

In addition to what people have already said, we have some new genes such as Savannah, Rosette, and Capsule and there's a new gem gene that should be coming out before the end of this month; we have a new Coli venue or two; the AH revamp is awesome; the CR revamp is also awesome; the Dressing Room is also also awesome.
@FallenRain

Take a look at our Dom Tracker! Plague still has the highest number of first places but they haven't dominated since June, while Light dommed for three weeks in a row around the time of our festival and has easily the highest number of overall placings in the top three.

In addition to what people have already said, we have some new genes such as Savannah, Rosette, and Capsule and there's a new gem gene that should be coming out before the end of this month; we have a new Coli venue or two; the AH revamp is awesome; the CR revamp is also awesome; the Dressing Room is also also awesome.
what happened
1) boopsnoots
2) not coli revamp
3) only training fields revamp
4) dressing room ()the most important thing)
what happened
1) boopsnoots
2) not coli revamp
3) only training fields revamp
4) dressing room ()the most important thing)
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@FallenRain

Take a dive in the coli. There are a bunch of new venues. And there's a ton of familiars to go with them. Eliminates are selling for 400-500k treasure right now. So hang onto any you have.
@FallenRain

Take a dive in the coli. There are a bunch of new venues. And there's a ton of familiars to go with them. Eliminates are selling for 400-500k treasure right now. So hang onto any you have.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
perhaps Lightning hasn't been as active as before, but we haven't been silent, either. a few weeks ago we and Wind had our Battle of the Bands! otherwise, Light and Earth are the big powerhouses nowadays. Nature is the sleeping giant that has begun to awaken. Plague and Ice have been backing off with time.

edit: apparently my wonky connection thought that needed to be said twice.
perhaps Lightning hasn't been as active as before, but we haven't been silent, either. a few weeks ago we and Wind had our Battle of the Bands! otherwise, Light and Earth are the big powerhouses nowadays. Nature is the sleeping giant that has begun to awaken. Plague and Ice have been backing off with time.

edit: apparently my wonky connection thought that needed to be said twice.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
@schaadenfreude

nature is waking up? I havent seen anything on that. Can u tell me about that? I'm curious now.

I knew earth was always good, but I didn't know it was a powerhouse. The push is gonna be fun, then.
@schaadenfreude

nature is waking up? I havent seen anything on that. Can u tell me about that? I'm curious now.

I knew earth was always good, but I didn't know it was a powerhouse. The push is gonna be fun, then.
2zthk0p.png #240634
Matthew 7:15 || FR Time +2 (CST)

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Harry S Truman
200zs43.png
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
1 2