Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's The Shade to your Clan?
1 2 3 4 5 6
My clan doesn't really have any reason to think about the Shade. None of their dragons are Shadetouched; while they don't necessarily doubt it's existence, it's so far removed from their lives that they have no particular thoughts on it.

That is, except for one dragon, Kimuri. As the clan's spiritual head, she's pored over every iteration of the stories she can get her hands on. The Shade, from what Kimuri can tell, functions as a hive mind. It's not so much a void, as the opposite thereof; any space that is empty, it seeks to fill, and it will consume whatever stands in its path. I don't think she would consider it an active threat, but if she came across any Shadetouched dragons, she'd probably be wary at best.
My clan doesn't really have any reason to think about the Shade. None of their dragons are Shadetouched; while they don't necessarily doubt it's existence, it's so far removed from their lives that they have no particular thoughts on it.

That is, except for one dragon, Kimuri. As the clan's spiritual head, she's pored over every iteration of the stories she can get her hands on. The Shade, from what Kimuri can tell, functions as a hive mind. It's not so much a void, as the opposite thereof; any space that is empty, it seeks to fill, and it will consume whatever stands in its path. I don't think she would consider it an active threat, but if she came across any Shadetouched dragons, she'd probably be wary at best.
My clan had thought that the Shade didn't exist, it was just a myth, until the goddess of the clan had warned the king of a prophecy. One of his hatchlings would turn cruel and evil under the shades possession when he came of age, though Dox never believed it to be true until his son, Sevim, became an adult.

As soon as the young prince became possessed, he started to scheme to destroy the clan with his long-term mate and his old team of Shade followers. His raid had backfired on him, though, as his mate told the king about the attack and gained control of himself for a brief moment to apologize. He then locked himself away in the deepest part of the ocean, hoping to never let his shade possessed self to be free again.

Though, his own magic proved weak against the currents and could only hold him away for so long, he returned to the clan, possessed. He got what he wanted and destroyed the clan, splitting it up and taking his rightful place as king in an all out war with shade against the broken clan.
My clan had thought that the Shade didn't exist, it was just a myth, until the goddess of the clan had warned the king of a prophecy. One of his hatchlings would turn cruel and evil under the shades possession when he came of age, though Dox never believed it to be true until his son, Sevim, became an adult.

As soon as the young prince became possessed, he started to scheme to destroy the clan with his long-term mate and his old team of Shade followers. His raid had backfired on him, though, as his mate told the king about the attack and gained control of himself for a brief moment to apologize. He then locked himself away in the deepest part of the ocean, hoping to never let his shade possessed self to be free again.

Though, his own magic proved weak against the currents and could only hold him away for so long, he returned to the clan, possessed. He got what he wanted and destroyed the clan, splitting it up and taking his rightful place as king in an all out war with shade against the broken clan.
The Shade has touched a few in my clan, and completely lays claim to one of them.

My progenitor Oras was driven mad from abuse. The Shade was like ayy wassup you look like fun to mess around with, and now fights for control over his body. He's is perfectly normal most the time, but he has episodes every now and again where the Shade takes back over.

Stellor is well and truly mad. He was always psychopathic, tried killing his brother several times. The madness ate away at his brain, turned him into little more than an animal. But the Shade planted it's seeds and gave him cunningness, and willpower. It corrupted his mind even further, urging him to do little more than kill. It is his biggest dream to kill every single imperial in the clan, and become an Emperor.
The Shade has touched a few in my clan, and completely lays claim to one of them.

My progenitor Oras was driven mad from abuse. The Shade was like ayy wassup you look like fun to mess around with, and now fights for control over his body. He's is perfectly normal most the time, but he has episodes every now and again where the Shade takes back over.

Stellor is well and truly mad. He was always psychopathic, tried killing his brother several times. The madness ate away at his brain, turned him into little more than an animal. But the Shade planted it's seeds and gave him cunningness, and willpower. It corrupted his mind even further, urging him to do little more than kill. It is his biggest dream to kill every single imperial in the clan, and become an Emperor.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
thing to fite in coli by killing infinite amounts of sweetpuffs
thing to fite in coli by killing infinite amounts of sweetpuffs
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I have a shade-touched dragon! I suppose that opinions of the shade vary dragon to dragon, but most of the dragons in my clan have come to accept him- He isn't really a threat as long as he's properly taken care of. My Shade hunter, Avalon, hates him, though. She's been given orders by the clan medic to leave him alone, but she'd kill him in a heartbeat if given the chance because she believes the shade is more of a threat than others think.
I have a shade-touched dragon! I suppose that opinions of the shade vary dragon to dragon, but most of the dragons in my clan have come to accept him- He isn't really a threat as long as he's properly taken care of. My Shade hunter, Avalon, hates him, though. She's been given orders by the clan medic to leave him alone, but she'd kill him in a heartbeat if given the chance because she believes the shade is more of a threat than others think.
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
"parent" of my second progen. in other words, partial mother of the clan, but they never saw her as a mother so i will let yall decide
"parent" of my second progen. in other words, partial mother of the clan, but they never saw her as a mother so i will let yall decide
inactive! thank you for a good time on this site :)
I have only recently began to integrate the Shade into my own clan's lore in essence my clan views it as force seeking to envelop the world in darkness. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21779455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/217795/21779455_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21736990] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/217370/21736990_350.png[/img] [/url] So far I have only written Shade related lore in the bios of these two dragons ^^
I have only recently began to integrate the Shade into my own clan's lore in essence my clan views it as force seeking to envelop the world in darkness.

21779455_350.png

21736990_350.png

So far I have only written Shade related lore in the bios of these two dragons ^^
The shade to my dragons is it is a potential threat to business. If it kills hatchlings, they're out of a job.
The shade to my dragons is it is a potential threat to business. If it kills hatchlings, they're out of a job.
He/Him/His - Somber - FR+3 - Ping me if I'm needed
Most clan members pay no mind to it except those that could handle it if a true threat would arise like coli team members or the clans magic department
Most clan members pay no mind to it except those that could handle it if a true threat would arise like coli team members or the clans magic department
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif
The Shade is mostly a myth to my clan, though the main, I guess, 'antagonists' are more or less beings gifted by the shade, and one of my newer arrivals to the clan is a shade-touched kid. Nobody knows, but he's a pretty happy guy so you wouldn't be able to tell. Hopefully, if I ever write my lore coherently, I'll be able to like develop more of what the Shade is to The Winter Ridges.
The Shade is mostly a myth to my clan, though the main, I guess, 'antagonists' are more or less beings gifted by the shade, and one of my newer arrivals to the clan is a shade-touched kid. Nobody knows, but he's a pretty happy guy so you wouldn't be able to tell. Hopefully, if I ever write my lore coherently, I'll be able to like develop more of what the Shade is to The Winter Ridges.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
tumblr_inline_o0txwcRSqm1tqyuge_250.png
Jack | Jay | Space Loving Bird Boy
simple bird making his way in life with love in my heart and fear in my eyes.
1 2 3 4 5 6