Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's The Shade to your Clan?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][font=candara][color=#db82e5][b]Shade-Touched Dragons- [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28288834] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/282889/28288834_350.png[/img] [/url] Wraith is a Shade infected dragon that has infiltrated the Clan to spread his decay. Since his original infection (see his lore), he continues to serve the Voidwaker, Soul of The Abyss, through slowly spreading the Shade to his willing and Void-sympathizing Clanmates! He is also a host to a variety of ancient spirits, too faded to make any negative impact- they are called wisps, or depleted souls. Basically they just hang around in his head and whisper stuff related to the Voidwaker and their glory. The Shadeblood flows freely over his scales, but due to the Voidwaker's blessing, he feels no pain- only the satisfaction of spreading the Shade's wrath to his Clanmates. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29219801] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292199/29219801_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh, and hey look! Another Void child! This is Peccatum. She was tossed into the Great Abyss (the epicenter of the Shade) for being a threat to her mother's throne (see below). She was sacrificed to feed the growing powers of the Shade, which shattered her soul (elemental life force) into a thousand pieces.These essences harvested from her shattered soul would contribute to her mother's dark powers. Her lore makes literally no sense rn because there are other dragons an entire plot line that tie into the story that don't even exist on FR yet. (I'm working on it!) For example, this dragon is Hora, her mother and the dragon who unceremoniously throws her into the void: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=5&element=6&gender=1&tert=96&tertgene=7&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=812ef7fca0a3987c25b07d86906d09b01c29e074&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hora is a Queen in her own respect, having gained immense power through underworld communication and her unnatural ability to manipulate the Shade. For this, she is worshiped by a small but growing group of dragons that have defected from the Eleven gods as a "Goddess among the earth" . However, the Voidwaker will always be her higher power, which she isn't quick to admit because she thinks that she herself is a god. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26033915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/260340/26033915_350.png[/img] [/url] Voragine is a demon from the depths of the Great Abyss. Before the age of dragons and elemental gods, Sornieth was overrun by the Shade- as well as its masters, the Eldest Demons, Voragine being one of them. She is the "Mother of Monsters", as she had shaped the Shade into eldritch monstrosities that roamed the planet, devouring the wasteland in its its path. In the First Age, her race, as well as her monsters, were cast into the abyss. But thanks to Hora and her maniacal quest for power, she was summoned from its depths, in exchange for a sacrifice that was cast into the Abyss in her place. This sacrifice acts as her presence in the void during the demon's absence, as Voragine raises her monstrous children to wreak havoc upon Sornieth. [b] Our Clan's Views on the Shade-[/b] Instead of killing dragons, the Shade seems to me to not kill directly, but instead to consume a life force, dissipating a soul in a way similar to a black hole, where the matter is utterly destroyed. A soulless dragon cannot thrive, as magic is a dragon's lifeblood, essential to its survival as much as it relies on its heart to beat. But this process is not fast, nor painless- it begins with a weakening of magical stength, slowly draining away as the victim grows increasingly weaker- their soul is being replaced by the oblivion of Shade, deteriorating the body to an animated corpse, nothing but a vessel of abyss. But the Shade is too strong, too corrupting to be contained within. It is only when the soul is gone that it begins to bleed out. Crisscrossing patterns of black weave through a dragon'sscales, irregular in pattern, as it flows between them wherever it may infect. It must not be touched, lest the infection will spread. The Shadeblood burns excruciatingly, though it is not felt- all sentience has been destroyed by this point. Finally, it comes to a point where the vessel is too infected that even the physical body cannot support the Shade, and collapses in upon itself, all flesh and bone dissolving into black mist- and the dragons becomes one with the Shade, in body and soul. The Shade does not see, the Shade does not feel, but the Shade shall mimic. To fully corrupt a soul, the Shade must be strong- but sometimes, when a dragon is infected with a lesser portion of Shade, their souls are not fully eroded. Not enough is left to sustain magic, yet there is enough left to feel, enough left to have emotion. Enough left that they feel the pain of the Shadeblood tracing across their scales, and feeling their body dissolve to mist before their eyes- and it is pain beyond what any could know. It is common for multiples wisps of Shade to converge, in order to grow its strength and presence. And many of these wisps contain fractions of souls that were not depleted. And so, the Shade clouds gain a mimicked sentience- thinking the thoughts of the soul fractions, feeling their emotions, which are no more than anger and vengeance. This only compels the Shade to further corrupt more victims. And perhaps the worst part of the Shade corruption is the voices. When the soul fragments find a new host to corrupt, they are overjoyed that another dragon will feel the same pain as them, their own form of revenge. They whisper to the new vessel, telling them their haunting tales. And when they speak, the words come from a thousand voices, echoing in delirious magnitude within the victim's mind, accelerating the deterioration of their mental state, leaving their thoughts and willpower null- leaving only a soulless corpse for the Shade to consume in its quest for domination. [b]But Wait, There's More...[/b] This post is already a wall of text, so I'm not going to add on to it much more, but in my Clan, there is a poison that targets only a small portion of a dragon's elemental life force, corrupting this piece- it is basically an enchantment that allows a dragon to control the Shade infection of another (this type of dark magic can normally only be harnessed by those already infected). But this poison has another purpose, used by a small cult-like group based from Clan Saturn- they use the poison to "rot" out the small life force portion, and before the Shade's infection spreads, they stop it in its path. This gap is then filled with new elemental magic... of a different element than what was original. (For example, an Ice dragon if infected, the Shade is withdrawn, and they are infused with Water magic in its place.) This lets a dragon wield two elements, and though it is powerful, it leads to a quick and certain death. This is a special manipulation of the Shade, and little is known about it....other than its dangerous effects and its cursed name- [i]Geminin[/i]. [b]Edit:[/b] Added another Shade-touched dragon![/color][size=4][/size][/font][/center]
Shade-Touched Dragons-

28288834_350.png

Wraith is a Shade infected dragon that has infiltrated the Clan to spread his decay. Since his original infection (see his lore), he continues to serve the Voidwaker, Soul of The Abyss, through slowly spreading the Shade to his willing and Void-sympathizing Clanmates! He is also a host to a variety of ancient spirits, too faded to make any negative impact- they are called wisps, or depleted souls. Basically they just hang around in his head and whisper stuff related to the Voidwaker and their glory. The Shadeblood flows freely over his scales, but due to the Voidwaker's blessing, he feels no pain- only the satisfaction of spreading the Shade's wrath to his Clanmates.

29219801_350.png

Oh, and hey look! Another Void child! This is Peccatum. She was tossed into the Great Abyss (the epicenter of the Shade) for being a threat to her mother's throne (see below). She was sacrificed to feed the growing powers of the Shade, which shattered her soul (elemental life force) into a thousand pieces.These essences harvested from her shattered soul would contribute to her mother's dark powers. Her lore makes literally no sense rn because there are other dragons an entire plot line that tie into the story that don't even exist on FR yet. (I'm working on it!) For example, this dragon is Hora, her mother and the dragon who unceremoniously throws her into the void:

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=17&breed=5&element=6&gender=1&tert=96&tertgene=7&winggene=17&wings=131&auth=812ef7fca0a3987c25b07d86906d09b01c29e074&dummyext=prev.png
Hora is a Queen in her own respect, having gained immense power through underworld communication and her unnatural ability to manipulate the Shade. For this, she is worshiped by a small but growing group of dragons that have defected from the Eleven gods as a "Goddess among the earth" . However, the Voidwaker will always be her higher power, which she isn't quick to admit because she thinks that she herself is a god.

26033915_350.png

Voragine is a demon from the depths of the Great Abyss. Before the age of dragons and elemental gods, Sornieth was overrun by the Shade- as well as its masters, the Eldest Demons, Voragine being one of them. She is the "Mother of Monsters", as she had shaped the Shade into eldritch monstrosities that roamed the planet, devouring the wasteland in its its path. In the First Age, her race, as well as her monsters, were cast into the abyss. But thanks to Hora and her maniacal quest for power, she was summoned from its depths, in exchange for a sacrifice that was cast into the Abyss in her place. This sacrifice acts as her presence in the void during the demon's absence, as Voragine raises her monstrous children to wreak havoc upon Sornieth.

Our Clan's Views on the Shade-

Instead of killing dragons, the Shade seems to me to not kill directly, but instead to consume a life force, dissipating a soul in a way similar to a black hole, where the matter is utterly destroyed. A soulless dragon cannot thrive, as magic is a dragon's lifeblood, essential to its survival as much as it relies on its heart to beat. But this process is not fast, nor painless- it begins with a weakening of magical stength, slowly draining away as the victim grows increasingly weaker- their soul is being replaced by the oblivion of Shade, deteriorating the body to an animated corpse, nothing but a vessel of abyss. But the Shade is too strong, too corrupting to be contained within. It is only when the soul is gone that it begins to bleed out. Crisscrossing patterns of black weave through a dragon'sscales, irregular in pattern, as it flows between them wherever it may infect. It must not be touched, lest the infection will spread. The Shadeblood burns excruciatingly, though it is not felt- all sentience has been destroyed by this point. Finally, it comes to a point where the vessel is too infected that even the physical body cannot support the Shade, and collapses in upon itself, all flesh and bone dissolving into black mist- and the dragons becomes one with the Shade, in body and soul.

The Shade does not see, the Shade does not feel, but the Shade shall mimic. To fully corrupt a soul, the Shade must be strong- but sometimes, when a dragon is infected with a lesser portion of Shade, their souls are not fully eroded. Not enough is left to sustain magic, yet there is enough left to feel, enough left to have emotion. Enough left that they feel the pain of the Shadeblood tracing across their scales, and feeling their body dissolve to mist before their eyes- and it is pain beyond what any could know.
It is common for multiples wisps of Shade to converge, in order to grow its strength and presence. And many of these wisps contain fractions of souls that were not depleted. And so, the Shade clouds gain a mimicked sentience- thinking the thoughts of the soul fractions, feeling their emotions, which are no more than anger and vengeance. This only compels the Shade to further corrupt more victims. And perhaps the worst part of the Shade corruption is the voices.
When the soul fragments find a new host to corrupt, they are overjoyed that another dragon will feel the same pain as them, their own form of revenge. They whisper to the new vessel, telling them their haunting tales. And when they speak, the words come from a thousand voices, echoing in delirious magnitude within the victim's mind, accelerating the deterioration of their mental state, leaving their thoughts and willpower null- leaving only a soulless corpse for the Shade to consume in its quest for domination.

But Wait, There's More...
This post is already a wall of text, so I'm not going to add on to it much more, but in my Clan, there is a poison that targets only a small portion of a dragon's elemental life force, corrupting this piece- it is basically an enchantment that allows a dragon to control the Shade infection of another (this type of dark magic can normally only be harnessed by those already infected). But this poison has another purpose, used by a small cult-like group based from Clan Saturn- they use the poison to "rot" out the small life force portion, and before the Shade's infection spreads, they stop it in its path. This gap is then filled with new elemental magic... of a different element than what was original. (For example, an Ice dragon if infected, the Shade is withdrawn, and they are infused with Water magic in its place.) This lets a dragon wield two elements, and though it is powerful, it leads to a quick and certain death. This is a special manipulation of the Shade, and little is known about it....other than its dangerous effects and its cursed name- Geminin.

Edit: Added another Shade-touched dragon!
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
My clan practically revolves around the remnants of the Shade and other forms of Old Magic.

Just a quick definition of what I mean when I say Old Magic. It's actually the magic that existed before the Arcanist was born. It's the raw, untamed, natural, dangerous (if not used right) kind of magic. After the reactor exploded, majority of the magic was "corrupted", changing it into the magic known at present.

In my lore, after defeating the Shade a second time, pieces of it are scattered all across Sornieth. The dieties tried to gather as much of this as they could and seal them deep in their lands to avoid another cataclysm. The Flamecaller took a huge bulk of the remnants and kept it in a large volcano where my clan, now resides. The remnants, as well as a great deal of Old Magic (since the Shade is also akin to Old Magic, they tend to come together) is buried in the depths of our lair and the clan is tasked to guard it for all time. ^^

EDIT:

I forgot to add that the lore-father of my dragon, Lucien, was obsessed with the Shade. He had wanted to do what even the Arcanist failed to do and summon the Shade to study it. However, he had to create a vessel that could hold the entity so that he could control it. Hence, the birth of Lucien.

Lucien was trained to be perfect in every matter and was periodically injected with amounts of synthesized Shade remnants in the hope that it might immunize him enough to withstand the actual thing.

When Lucien was old enough, his father subjected him to the final test and forced a pseudo-Shade inside him. The pseudo-Shade is made out of a few authentic Shade remnants, and magic of the highest efficacy, namely the essence of the lingering magic of the Pillar.

While Lucien survived, barely, he managed to destroy his father's work before things got completely out of hand.
My clan practically revolves around the remnants of the Shade and other forms of Old Magic.

Just a quick definition of what I mean when I say Old Magic. It's actually the magic that existed before the Arcanist was born. It's the raw, untamed, natural, dangerous (if not used right) kind of magic. After the reactor exploded, majority of the magic was "corrupted", changing it into the magic known at present.

In my lore, after defeating the Shade a second time, pieces of it are scattered all across Sornieth. The dieties tried to gather as much of this as they could and seal them deep in their lands to avoid another cataclysm. The Flamecaller took a huge bulk of the remnants and kept it in a large volcano where my clan, now resides. The remnants, as well as a great deal of Old Magic (since the Shade is also akin to Old Magic, they tend to come together) is buried in the depths of our lair and the clan is tasked to guard it for all time. ^^

EDIT:

I forgot to add that the lore-father of my dragon, Lucien, was obsessed with the Shade. He had wanted to do what even the Arcanist failed to do and summon the Shade to study it. However, he had to create a vessel that could hold the entity so that he could control it. Hence, the birth of Lucien.

Lucien was trained to be perfect in every matter and was periodically injected with amounts of synthesized Shade remnants in the hope that it might immunize him enough to withstand the actual thing.

When Lucien was old enough, his father subjected him to the final test and forced a pseudo-Shade inside him. The pseudo-Shade is made out of a few authentic Shade remnants, and magic of the highest efficacy, namely the essence of the lingering magic of the Pillar.

While Lucien survived, barely, he managed to destroy his father's work before things got completely out of hand.
QyZZPnS.png
our god the voidwaker. btw does anybody know what the itm with the discription Also known to faes as boat is? i forgot and need to find it..
our god the voidwaker. btw does anybody know what the itm with the discription Also known to faes as boat is? i forgot and need to find it..
H9klr6C.png
No shade for my clan, but tbh, they'd probably have really differing opinions on it? Most of them would agree that the idea that it's a real threat is a thing of the past, although dragons in orbit having their spacecraft consumed by the shade is an interesting idea...
No shade for my clan, but tbh, they'd probably have really differing opinions on it? Most of them would agree that the idea that it's a real threat is a thing of the past, although dragons in orbit having their spacecraft consumed by the shade is an interesting idea...
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
My clan is aware of the Shade's existence, for the most part (though at least a few of them doubt that it exists). While none of them have had a definitive encounter with it, there is a creature lurking around the lair that many suspect to be of Shade origins. Nobody's sure, though.
My clan is aware of the Shade's existence, for the most part (though at least a few of them doubt that it exists). While none of them have had a definitive encounter with it, there is a creature lurking around the lair that many suspect to be of Shade origins. Nobody's sure, though.
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
I'm aro/ace
So give me some space
And flirt with somebody else
*finger guns*
I have two Shadetouched dragons, so I guess the Shade is a thing in my lair. Never really thought about my personal headcannon for it, but eventually I will own a Shade emissary once I get a certain fandragon. I need to work on that more. D:

Actually, I have a dragon who lost her entire kingdom to the Shade when it infected her subjects and they overran her castle. DEFINITELY need to work on that more.
I have two Shadetouched dragons, so I guess the Shade is a thing in my lair. Never really thought about my personal headcannon for it, but eventually I will own a Shade emissary once I get a certain fandragon. I need to work on that more. D:

Actually, I have a dragon who lost her entire kingdom to the Shade when it infected her subjects and they overran her castle. DEFINITELY need to work on that more.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
The Shade isn't a part of my clan lore, but tbh my favorite (shush, don't tell the clan) dragon looks preeeetty shady. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27354636] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273547/27354636_350.png[/img] [/url] I mean, she's a little she-demon. >.>
The Shade isn't a part of my clan lore, but tbh my favorite (shush, don't tell the clan) dragon looks preeeetty shady.

27354636_350.png

I mean, she's a little she-demon. >.>
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
To my clan the shade is something that is ever present and seen as a powerful threat to the whole world of sornieth
To my clan the shade is something that is ever present and seen as a powerful threat to the whole world of sornieth
boIu4p9.png
Holy moly you guys- sorry I haven't been pinging everyone back, but I'm goin through lairs right now and reading up on lore and appreciating all the headcanons here and I'm getting ideas of my own! All of you are so creative and I love being inspired like this- and y'all. Your lairs are friggin beautiful. I see a lotta Arcane Asthetic around and it's top-notch

Though I've seen one or two mentions now of a Voidwaker- @Ringsofsaturn , you mentioned them eh? I'd love to know more about this! Are they a sorta roleplay Deity going on? Unnofficial, user-run? Cuz it sounds pretty awesome
Holy moly you guys- sorry I haven't been pinging everyone back, but I'm goin through lairs right now and reading up on lore and appreciating all the headcanons here and I'm getting ideas of my own! All of you are so creative and I love being inspired like this- and y'all. Your lairs are friggin beautiful. I see a lotta Arcane Asthetic around and it's top-notch

Though I've seen one or two mentions now of a Voidwaker- @Ringsofsaturn , you mentioned them eh? I'd love to know more about this! Are they a sorta roleplay Deity going on? Unnofficial, user-run? Cuz it sounds pretty awesome
image.png
The Shade to my clan is the same Shade that attacked years ago, but now it is weaker than before. It infects dragons that have little to no magic at birth and keeps them alive by force to try and coerce them into spreading it around via infection. Dragons can fight against this infection they have but they can never fully free themselves of it as the Shade twists around their own natural magic. I have a few Shade touched dragons in my lair that I love the lore for. One hates being Shade touched and locks himself away from everyone to protect them and the other tries to actively infect others and try to get them to accept the Shade as a being stronger than the gods and goddesses.

I really like all types of Shade lore, though~ It's pretty cool~
The Shade to my clan is the same Shade that attacked years ago, but now it is weaker than before. It infects dragons that have little to no magic at birth and keeps them alive by force to try and coerce them into spreading it around via infection. Dragons can fight against this infection they have but they can never fully free themselves of it as the Shade twists around their own natural magic. I have a few Shade touched dragons in my lair that I love the lore for. One hates being Shade touched and locks himself away from everyone to protect them and the other tries to actively infect others and try to get them to accept the Shade as a being stronger than the gods and goddesses.

I really like all types of Shade lore, though~ It's pretty cool~
1 2 3 4 5 6