Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's The Shade to your Clan?
1 2 3 4 5 6
whoops Sianar keeps summoning eldritch beings from the shade
whoops Sianar keeps summoning eldritch beings from the shade
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
For me, very few dragons have anything to do with the shade, but those who do, are severely damaged. The dragons who aren't shade-touched are scared of it. So far only two are shade-touched. One is a cannibal and the other is a mute
For me, very few dragons have anything to do with the shade, but those who do, are severely damaged. The dragons who aren't shade-touched are scared of it. So far only two are shade-touched. One is a cannibal and the other is a mute
pixilart-drawing.png
(i personally see the shade as waaaay overused in clan lore, and especially since it's almost like an alternate dimensional being, it doesn't make a lot of sense)

my clan hears myths about the shade all the time but otherwise doesn't care about it. it would never have any significance whatsoever in the modern day.
(i personally see the shade as waaaay overused in clan lore, and especially since it's almost like an alternate dimensional being, it doesn't make a lot of sense)

my clan hears myths about the shade all the time but otherwise doesn't care about it. it would never have any significance whatsoever in the modern day.
looking for art of my oc!
ART SHOP
ACCENT AND SKIN SHOP (STUDIO MOONGAZE)
TUMBLR
It used to be a big part of my lore, but I'm in the process of changing everything so it will no longer be a massive thing. :'3
It used to be a big part of my lore, but I'm in the process of changing everything so it will no longer be a massive thing. :'3
FossilDust
VpMOGhK.png
n29EMdP.png
qesQFkT.gif
ePOliyb.png
eswSnrS.png
mmoRz30.png
In my lore, it's pretty much a sentient cloud of corrupted magic that lives mostly in the ethereal realm but can influence and corrupt things in the physical world. Plague's thing for 2015's RoR was a Shade-sickness, and I took that and ran with it in my lore, mostly with Siela.

I don't think I have any Shade-touched dragons (I don't usually count Apophis since its lore wasn't written by me and I can't incorporate it into my lore cleanly) but Hecate probably counts? Her mother's lore was written after mine, and I altered hers slightly so they would be in line. It just says 'dark magic' so it's pretty ambiguous. Maybe it's the Shade, maybe it's something else. I said Shade, though.
In my lore, it's pretty much a sentient cloud of corrupted magic that lives mostly in the ethereal realm but can influence and corrupt things in the physical world. Plague's thing for 2015's RoR was a Shade-sickness, and I took that and ran with it in my lore, mostly with Siela.

I don't think I have any Shade-touched dragons (I don't usually count Apophis since its lore wasn't written by me and I can't incorporate it into my lore cleanly) but Hecate probably counts? Her mother's lore was written after mine, and I altered hers slightly so they would be in line. It just says 'dark magic' so it's pretty ambiguous. Maybe it's the Shade, maybe it's something else. I said Shade, though.
[internal screaming intensifies]
hecate_flipped-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio2_r2_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio3_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio4_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio1_r1_100.pnghecate_-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.png
The Unknowns consider the Shade to be largely myth and speculation. It isn't something that affects the clan in any way.
The Unknowns consider the Shade to be largely myth and speculation. It isn't something that affects the clan in any way.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
I only have like 1 'shade-touched' dragon, and that's Oblivion - she's Naomi's granddaughter. The rest of my dragons are largely nerds and cinnamon rolls, minus a few 'edgy' ones.
I think I lowkey highkey associate the Shade with the whole Naomi glitch thing, so it's not a huge thing in my lore.
I only have like 1 'shade-touched' dragon, and that's Oblivion - she's Naomi's granddaughter. The rest of my dragons are largely nerds and cinnamon rolls, minus a few 'edgy' ones.
I think I lowkey highkey associate the Shade with the whole Naomi glitch thing, so it's not a huge thing in my lore.
AXFBrIx.png
Memes will outlast the Shade.
Memes will outlast the Shade.
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
Well, I'm still working on my clan lore. I do know that I want the Shade to be incorporated into my clan lore with maybe with a Shade-touched mage, or something else. I'm not too sure, yet. I'm currently thinking out using it in the lore of my Persona dragon (the dragon I use to represent me).

In my headcanon, the Shade is an all powerful dark force that can also bend time and space if it grows strong enough or if it's essence is used correctly. So in my current work in progress, some of the Shade's essence is used by Mages to allow the User (me) to use my Persona dragon as an avatar of sorts.

Knowing the power this essence has, the amulet it is held in is kept in the vault and is only handled by the most trusted Mage in the clan. They know that if a dragon is to absorb the essence, they would become Shade-touched.

Also, pinging my sister cuz I think she'll like this. @MeisaCrystal
Well, I'm still working on my clan lore. I do know that I want the Shade to be incorporated into my clan lore with maybe with a Shade-touched mage, or something else. I'm not too sure, yet. I'm currently thinking out using it in the lore of my Persona dragon (the dragon I use to represent me).

In my headcanon, the Shade is an all powerful dark force that can also bend time and space if it grows strong enough or if it's essence is used correctly. So in my current work in progress, some of the Shade's essence is used by Mages to allow the User (me) to use my Persona dragon as an avatar of sorts.

Knowing the power this essence has, the amulet it is held in is kept in the vault and is only handled by the most trusted Mage in the clan. They know that if a dragon is to absorb the essence, they would become Shade-touched.

Also, pinging my sister cuz I think she'll like this. @MeisaCrystal
2ead2f1d6c72dc05d39a005d662822157bd3a537.png
1 2 3 4 5 6