Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What does your lair look like?
1 2 3 4 5
It's always interesting to hear about how people imagine their lairs!

For me personally, since ours is a shadow clan, I like to imagine it to be dark or dimly lit with glowing fungi/veins of minerals in the walls. There are a lot of silks, hanging from the ceiling or on the walls and piles of pillows. Semi-precious/precious stones are found in piles and of treasure. Incense and sage burn almost always. It's very spacious- we have a lot of big dragons. :P

TELL ME ABOUT UR LAIRSSS
It's always interesting to hear about how people imagine their lairs!

For me personally, since ours is a shadow clan, I like to imagine it to be dark or dimly lit with glowing fungi/veins of minerals in the walls. There are a lot of silks, hanging from the ceiling or on the walls and piles of pillows. Semi-precious/precious stones are found in piles and of treasure. Incense and sage burn almost always. It's very spacious- we have a lot of big dragons. :P

TELL ME ABOUT UR LAIRSSS
img.jpg
@ankh
Your lair sounds heavenly~
Mine is an open space surrounded by cave dens, usually only the entrance is above ground with the rest of the dens being under. We like it open so that trainers can teach hatchlings to fight and survive while under supervision from the entire clan. But the clan's main medic isn't allowed to live in the main dens, he lives on the edge of our turf. uwu; He scares the children.
@ankh
Your lair sounds heavenly~
Mine is an open space surrounded by cave dens, usually only the entrance is above ground with the rest of the dens being under. We like it open so that trainers can teach hatchlings to fight and survive while under supervision from the entire clan. But the clan's main medic isn't allowed to live in the main dens, he lives on the edge of our turf. uwu; He scares the children.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
@Ankh

My clan's home is Water, and I like to imagine my lair to be a labyrinth of tunnels lit by skylights with the water filtering the light into various shades of blue. All the tunnels lead to one central room with a 'lake' in the center which is actually the entrance to the ocean. There is stained glass everywhere, and mysterious messages are carved into the stone walls daily.
@Ankh

My clan's home is Water, and I like to imagine my lair to be a labyrinth of tunnels lit by skylights with the water filtering the light into various shades of blue. All the tunnels lead to one central room with a 'lake' in the center which is actually the entrance to the ocean. There is stained glass everywhere, and mysterious messages are carved into the stone walls daily.
She/her pronouns please. Ask about any of my dragons, given to loving homes.
@ankh

Actually, I wrote up one for my clan (water flight) not too long ago:

Clan vinculum lays on the shore, surrounded by a large tide pool of black sand. While parts of the city lay underneath the water, blocked off by magic doors that keep the ocean from flooding the caverns, the main hub of the city is built from the giant shells of turtles and other sea creatures.

The outer city is formed from coral, ranging in different sizes and full of holes and crevices for dragons to live in. It forms a circle around the inner city, where the royals and higher-ups live. The major feature of the inner city is a large Venus comb shell, formed and carved into the shape of an elaborate palace. Surrounding the shell are merchants and other large shell-buildings, decorated with carved designs of the lives of the clan.
@ankh

Actually, I wrote up one for my clan (water flight) not too long ago:

Clan vinculum lays on the shore, surrounded by a large tide pool of black sand. While parts of the city lay underneath the water, blocked off by magic doors that keep the ocean from flooding the caverns, the main hub of the city is built from the giant shells of turtles and other sea creatures.

The outer city is formed from coral, ranging in different sizes and full of holes and crevices for dragons to live in. It forms a circle around the inner city, where the royals and higher-ups live. The major feature of the inner city is a large Venus comb shell, formed and carved into the shape of an elaborate palace. Surrounding the shell are merchants and other large shell-buildings, decorated with carved designs of the lives of the clan.
V0awagL.png
Mine looks like a mess XD I only have one page of perma dragons and endless exalt fodder hahaha
Mine looks like a mess XD I only have one page of perma dragons and endless exalt fodder hahaha
My lair began with my progenitors claiming territory in a particularly... calcium dense section of The Abiding Boneyard.

They've built the walls up using the bones of their prey (from Hunting), defeated Coliseum enemies, and from finding random bones wherever they can. They avoid using the bones of other dragons (as far as they know, at least) aside from the initial structure because that's a little too morbid for some of them.

Over time, as more resources were acquired and more dragons came to join the clan, the lair has grown into a citadel of bones and parts, bleached white and stacked together neatly. They've dubbed their home Asgwrn Fortress, after its famous walls. The dragons here regularly fortify the walls as to make sure they don't come tumbling down.

Aside from the appearance, it's a lively and friendly atmosphere, bustling with energy and good spirits. Only a few dragons are borderline hostile to the others, and there are plenty of dragons taking up all sorts of job and hobbies to allow the clan to thrive in peace.
My lair began with my progenitors claiming territory in a particularly... calcium dense section of The Abiding Boneyard.

They've built the walls up using the bones of their prey (from Hunting), defeated Coliseum enemies, and from finding random bones wherever they can. They avoid using the bones of other dragons (as far as they know, at least) aside from the initial structure because that's a little too morbid for some of them.

Over time, as more resources were acquired and more dragons came to join the clan, the lair has grown into a citadel of bones and parts, bleached white and stacked together neatly. They've dubbed their home Asgwrn Fortress, after its famous walls. The dragons here regularly fortify the walls as to make sure they don't come tumbling down.

Aside from the appearance, it's a lively and friendly atmosphere, bustling with energy and good spirits. Only a few dragons are borderline hostile to the others, and there are plenty of dragons taking up all sorts of job and hobbies to allow the clan to thrive in peace.
tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif tumblr_inline_ptsgfnOgXV1urchxs_1280.gif
@ankh - My lair is a Coral Reef. The dragons live on and around a huge Atoll in the center of the Sea of a Thousand Currents usually. They are temporarily in the Sunbeam Ruins because of some volcanic activity in the atoll. But they will be returning once it calms down. =D
@ankh - My lair is a Coral Reef. The dragons live on and around a huge Atoll in the center of the Sea of a Thousand Currents usually. They are temporarily in the Sunbeam Ruins because of some volcanic activity in the atoll. But they will be returning once it calms down. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
Ours is mostly tunnels and caves under the Hewn City.
Ours is mostly tunnels and caves under the Hewn City.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
A large cavern built into a wall in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. The Cavern is a large area decorated with glowing mushrooms along the edges and hanging from the ceiling. Surrounding it on all sides are tons of tunnels, each leading to a specific dragon's private room, along with tunnels that lead to places such as the Nesting Area and others.
A large cavern built into a wall in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent. The Cavern is a large area decorated with glowing mushrooms along the edges and hanging from the ceiling. Surrounding it on all sides are tons of tunnels, each leading to a specific dragon's private room, along with tunnels that lead to places such as the Nesting Area and others.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
I based the description of my lair loosely around this picture: [img]http://img01.deviantart.net/8d06/i/2013/161/e/7/osmadth___aurvandil_by_flaviobolla-d68i8j3.jpg[/img] http://flaviobolla.deviantart.com/gallery/ [quote]*The cackle and screech of unseen wildlife is what greets you as you cautiously enter the Shrieking Wilds. Brilliant foliage obscures your vision, the mammoth trees close enough together in places that a fae could barely pass through. In others there is space enough for several guardians to walk abreast. Little sunlight makes it through the dense canopy towering far above your head, leaving the forest floor in perpetual shadow. Coming to a steep slope you peer over the edge. Rising before you is a heavily forested valley, the sound of rushing water deafening to your ears. Before you, the valley is more like a crack in the earth, a single massive root from the Behemoth plunging into the depths. Ahead of you there is light, behind the encroaching shadows and enormous trees of the Shrieking Wilds. Heading forward you claw out onto a massive root-knotted overhang, hoping for some sign of other dragons. What greets your eyes is a welcome sight. Light, glowing from windows and balconies like a hundred fireflies illuminates a thriving town, grown from the huge trees that hold this fissure riddled piece of the Labyrinth together. Roots crisscross the valley creating walkways, some even topped with small dens and thriving gardens. Water flows from every crevice creating stunning waterfalls, rainbows glittering in the misty spray. There are few places where bare rock isn't covered in a verdant carpet of flower, grass and moss. Further back from the falls lie rock hewn caverns, only the gleam of light from within betraying their presence. If you could see beyond the inhabited jewel you would find forest rapidly giving way to lush grassland. Beyond that lie towering cliffs and a view of the pounding endless ocean. Staring in awe you get little warning, a flash of ebony wings and armour decending from above.* 'Stranger, why did you come to our glen?' *Landing with remarkable grace, the ebony clad Guardian spoke with a cool, velvety voice, obsidian wings folded flat. Her eyes were the brilliant green of Nature, glowing in the shadow of her helm.* 'Before you speak, know that I will hear any lies. Should you have a dark heart, then speak with care.' *Looking surreptitiously around, you see the forest come alive with dragons, their jewel bright colours dimmed by the half-light and blending well with the lush foliage. Dragons of all kinds looked on, ready to fight at the drop of a hat. You had been surrounded the whole time and didn't even smell them over the heady aroma of life abundant.* 'Well, stranger?' Shifting your gaze back to the Guardian, you're surprised to see she is gone, and an imposing golden guardian is standing in her place. White antlers speckled with green buds emerge from under shining white armour, their purity a stark contrast to the earlier dragon's shadowed appearance. Rather than being welcoming though, her evergreen eyes are as deep and foreboding as the Shrieking Wilds themselves. The way the roots ripple under your claws tells you this is the dragon responsible for the marvel ahead.* 'Answer, or you shall not leave here...'[/quote]
I based the description of my lair loosely around this picture:

osmadth___aurvandil_by_flaviobolla-d68i8j3.jpg

http://flaviobolla.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote:
*The cackle and screech of unseen wildlife is what greets you as you cautiously enter the Shrieking Wilds. Brilliant foliage obscures your vision, the mammoth trees close enough together in places that a fae could barely pass through. In others there is space enough for several guardians to walk abreast.

Little sunlight makes it through the dense canopy towering far above your head, leaving the forest floor in perpetual shadow. Coming to a steep slope you peer over the edge. Rising before you is a heavily forested valley, the sound of rushing water deafening to your ears.

Before you, the valley is more like a crack in the earth, a single massive root from the Behemoth plunging into the depths. Ahead of you there is light, behind the encroaching shadows and enormous trees of the Shrieking Wilds.

Heading forward you claw out onto a massive root-knotted overhang, hoping for some sign of other dragons. What greets your eyes is a welcome sight.

Light, glowing from windows and balconies like a hundred fireflies illuminates a thriving town, grown from the huge trees that hold this fissure riddled piece of the Labyrinth together.

Roots crisscross the valley creating walkways, some even topped with small dens and thriving gardens. Water flows from every crevice creating stunning waterfalls, rainbows glittering in the misty spray. There are few places where bare rock isn't covered in a verdant carpet of flower, grass and moss.

Further back from the falls lie rock hewn caverns, only the gleam of light from within betraying their presence.

If you could see beyond the inhabited jewel you would find forest rapidly giving way to lush grassland. Beyond that lie towering cliffs and a view of the pounding endless ocean.

Staring in awe you get little warning, a flash of ebony wings and armour decending from above.*

'Stranger, why did you come to our glen?'

*Landing with remarkable grace, the ebony clad Guardian spoke with a cool, velvety voice, obsidian wings folded flat. Her eyes were the brilliant green of Nature, glowing in the shadow of her helm.*

'Before you speak, know that I will hear any lies. Should you have a dark heart, then speak with care.'

*Looking surreptitiously around, you see the forest come alive with dragons, their jewel bright colours dimmed by the half-light and blending well with the lush foliage. Dragons of all kinds looked on, ready to fight at the drop of a hat. You had been surrounded the whole time and didn't even smell them over the heady aroma of life abundant.*

'Well, stranger?'

Shifting your gaze back to the Guardian, you're surprised to see she is gone, and an imposing golden guardian is standing in her place. White antlers speckled with green buds emerge from under shining white armour, their purity a stark contrast to the earlier dragon's shadowed appearance. Rather than being welcoming though, her evergreen eyes are as deep and foreboding as the Shrieking Wilds themselves. The way the roots ripple under your claws tells you this is the dragon responsible for the marvel ahead.*

'Answer, or you shall not leave here...'
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2 3 4 5