Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What does your lair look like?
1 2 3 4 5
@wholock27, @rubeofkubic, @Torru, @HSoup, @JaySovereign, @UserOfShadows, @Avessa, I love all of these.

Avessa, yours is so involved!! I love it, it sounds really interesting. It kind of makes me think of the lost woods in zelda...

I really like how a lot of you guys incorporate tunnels into your lairs!
@wholock27, @rubeofkubic, @Torru, @HSoup, @JaySovereign, @UserOfShadows, @Avessa, I love all of these.

Avessa, yours is so involved!! I love it, it sounds really interesting. It kind of makes me think of the lost woods in zelda...

I really like how a lot of you guys incorporate tunnels into your lairs!
img.jpg
@ankh

Oooh, your lair sounds pretty! Very different from mine.

My lair, like my dergs, is sweet like a sugercoated candyland. <3 It's also quite big. I'm in Wind, so I imagine my lair to be high up in the sky! The skillful magicians of the clan have enchanted a lump of land to float in the air. On that piece of land, my clan has built a giant building with many wings and balconies sticking out. It looks a bit sketchy, but they've made sure it's safe. ^^ This is where almost all of the dragons live/sleep.

The giant building occupies about a third of the land. In the middle is a clan square, where the dragons show off and hand out their crafted/collected/whatever goodies, where they throw parties, and share meals together. Other, smaller buildings are located around the square, like the Counsil's meeting hall, the daycare/youth centre, and other stuff I haven't thought of yet. There's also a beautiful garden, and a small air dock with an air ship with giant balloons.

Everything is very colourful, and not a wall, corner, nook, item, whatever is safe from being decorated with shiny stones and feathers to intricate paint and glitter patters. It's like a beautiful fairyland, except with dragons instead of fairies. Very peaceful, lots of fun, and not a cloud in the sky! Although they do have a giant tarp to hang from the buildings over the clan square in case it rains.

I've yet to write any of it though... *copies post to clan info*
@ankh

Oooh, your lair sounds pretty! Very different from mine.

My lair, like my dergs, is sweet like a sugercoated candyland. <3 It's also quite big. I'm in Wind, so I imagine my lair to be high up in the sky! The skillful magicians of the clan have enchanted a lump of land to float in the air. On that piece of land, my clan has built a giant building with many wings and balconies sticking out. It looks a bit sketchy, but they've made sure it's safe. ^^ This is where almost all of the dragons live/sleep.

The giant building occupies about a third of the land. In the middle is a clan square, where the dragons show off and hand out their crafted/collected/whatever goodies, where they throw parties, and share meals together. Other, smaller buildings are located around the square, like the Counsil's meeting hall, the daycare/youth centre, and other stuff I haven't thought of yet. There's also a beautiful garden, and a small air dock with an air ship with giant balloons.

Everything is very colourful, and not a wall, corner, nook, item, whatever is safe from being decorated with shiny stones and feathers to intricate paint and glitter patters. It's like a beautiful fairyland, except with dragons instead of fairies. Very peaceful, lots of fun, and not a cloud in the sky! Although they do have a giant tarp to hang from the buildings over the clan square in case it rains.

I've yet to write any of it though... *copies post to clan info*
tumblr_nqi7ugRwjP1uy6rdio3_r1_400.png
FR+9
Adorbs Accents
XD It still has some room for improvement. *ever the perfectionist*
XD It still has some room for improvement. *ever the perfectionist*
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
I always imagined the primary lair looked something like this: [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/25/36/9e/25369eddc2dade1bc4d567b7ee155516.jpg[/img] Some old, underground temples or fortresses left around the forum and each permanent dragon has their own "room" within, decorated per their taste. Like EasterBunny would have a bunch of silks, gems, shinies, and pastels galore. Griff has tried to grow trees in his room, but has found it doesn't really work, so has them magically placed in stasis there, with glowshrooms dotting the celing like stars and stuffed animals in the trees (he had real ones, but they kept getting out and other dragons would mistake them for food). Dustwing has shadow boxes of various bugs. Valentine has a bunch of mirrors. Fandragons usually stick together (yes they are cannon for my clan with lore to explain how they got there... Just need to write it). There are various rooms used for things such as the treasury, smithy, meeting area, dining area, and so on. The rooms closest to the surface are for those who are just passing through, temporary additions, and the like. Those who are going to join the Shadowbinder have their own hall, decorated in purple silks to mimic the dripping shadows, with glowshrooms and dark colored gems that twinkle like starlight. Before the exaltees go off, a grand celebration is held in the large, central meeting area for everyone to attend. Elemental celebrations are held in the meeting area as well, with the reps bringing in vendors and entertainment from the element in question to fill the room.
I always imagined the primary lair looked something like this:

25369eddc2dade1bc4d567b7ee155516.jpg

Some old, underground temples or fortresses left around the forum and each permanent dragon has their own "room" within, decorated per their taste. Like EasterBunny would have a bunch of silks, gems, shinies, and pastels galore. Griff has tried to grow trees in his room, but has found it doesn't really work, so has them magically placed in stasis there, with glowshrooms dotting the celing like stars and stuffed animals in the trees (he had real ones, but they kept getting out and other dragons would mistake them for food). Dustwing has shadow boxes of various bugs. Valentine has a bunch of mirrors. Fandragons usually stick together (yes they are cannon for my clan with lore to explain how they got there... Just need to write it).

There are various rooms used for things such as the treasury, smithy, meeting area, dining area, and so on. The rooms closest to the surface are for those who are just passing through, temporary additions, and the like. Those who are going to join the Shadowbinder have their own hall, decorated in purple silks to mimic the dripping shadows, with glowshrooms and dark colored gems that twinkle like starlight. Before the exaltees go off, a grand celebration is held in the large, central meeting area for everyone to attend. Elemental celebrations are held in the meeting area as well, with the reps bringing in vendors and entertainment from the element in question to fill the room.
I don't have any artistic references, so I'll describe it as best I can.

In the northeaster side of Dragonhome, there is an opening in the cliff side. A tunnel goes in some ways, branching off here and there for storage and sleeping areas, then eventually comes to a large and high-ceiling cavern. It looks similar to the surface area of Mellaggan's Grotto from GW2 (I had the idea for what our lair would look like for some time, but after seeing this place in game my mind just went 'YEP THIS IS IT'). Lots of stalagmites/tites, pools of water including a large lake, and moss and other plants covering some of the rocky bits.

Because the cavern leads to the outside via labyrinthine passageways, breezes blowing in from the Viridian Labyrinth create a soft, low humming sound throughout the cave and tunnels.
I don't have any artistic references, so I'll describe it as best I can.

In the northeaster side of Dragonhome, there is an opening in the cliff side. A tunnel goes in some ways, branching off here and there for storage and sleeping areas, then eventually comes to a large and high-ceiling cavern. It looks similar to the surface area of Mellaggan's Grotto from GW2 (I had the idea for what our lair would look like for some time, but after seeing this place in game my mind just went 'YEP THIS IS IT'). Lots of stalagmites/tites, pools of water including a large lake, and moss and other plants covering some of the rocky bits.

Because the cavern leads to the outside via labyrinthine passageways, breezes blowing in from the Viridian Labyrinth create a soft, low humming sound throughout the cave and tunnels.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
I've always imagined my clan lair to be on the coast, right on the edge of the Starwood Strand and bordering the edges of the Crystalspine Reaches (well, the part that isn't an island), with a small stream of freshwater going through their territory that empties out into the ocean. The dens themselves are widely varied to suit the dragons living inside, although most are made out of magically manipulated hunks of pink chalcedony. (My nature rep, Droplet, lives inside a Starwood tree that's been manipulated so that its branches formed a circular room, which is fortified with crystal).

The clan is very open-air, and the dens are mostly above-ground (so everyone can see the stars!) and not too large. There are also separate buildings constructed so that the clan members can do things like metalworking and tanning leather without disturbing their denmates. Underground, there is a storage area for food and a separate vault that only the treasurer has access to. In the center of their territory, there's a large dip in the ground surrounded by huge curved spikes of crystal. This is the nesting grounds, and the most magically fortified area of the entire clan.

Overall, I imagine a small clan spread out over a relatively large territory of mostly-flat forest and grassland, with occasional outcroppings of crystal that're used as homes.
I've always imagined my clan lair to be on the coast, right on the edge of the Starwood Strand and bordering the edges of the Crystalspine Reaches (well, the part that isn't an island), with a small stream of freshwater going through their territory that empties out into the ocean. The dens themselves are widely varied to suit the dragons living inside, although most are made out of magically manipulated hunks of pink chalcedony. (My nature rep, Droplet, lives inside a Starwood tree that's been manipulated so that its branches formed a circular room, which is fortified with crystal).

The clan is very open-air, and the dens are mostly above-ground (so everyone can see the stars!) and not too large. There are also separate buildings constructed so that the clan members can do things like metalworking and tanning leather without disturbing their denmates. Underground, there is a storage area for food and a separate vault that only the treasurer has access to. In the center of their territory, there's a large dip in the ground surrounded by huge curved spikes of crystal. This is the nesting grounds, and the most magically fortified area of the entire clan.

Overall, I imagine a small clan spread out over a relatively large territory of mostly-flat forest and grassland, with occasional outcroppings of crystal that're used as homes.
tumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo8_100.pngtumblr_n89imatJWz1tfzajgo2_r1_250.pngtumblr_ngzrrxU1xy1tfzajgo8_100.png
My lair is a cave, with a huge wide entrance and lots of little nooks and crannies and ledges, light is provided by magical floating lights. The cave is set in a hill, and there is an elaborate herb garden on top of the hill. There's lots of genetic all over the place, from silk to cotton to anything in between, raw and undyed and elaborately embroidered. My dragons use them for everything. To cover the cave walls, brighten up the place, bedding, to wear as a toga... they love fabric, it's so versatile.
My lair is a cave, with a huge wide entrance and lots of little nooks and crannies and ledges, light is provided by magical floating lights. The cave is set in a hill, and there is an elaborate herb garden on top of the hill. There's lots of genetic all over the place, from silk to cotton to anything in between, raw and undyed and elaborately embroidered. My dragons use them for everything. To cover the cave walls, brighten up the place, bedding, to wear as a toga... they love fabric, it's so versatile.
[quote name="ankh" date=2015-10-09 14:20:28] For me personally, since ours is a shadow clan, I like to imagine it to be dark or dimly lit with glowing fungi/veins of minerals in the walls. There are a lot of silks, hanging from the ceiling or on the walls and piles of pillows. Semi-precious/precious stones are found in piles and of treasure. Incense and sage burn almost always. It's very spacious- we have a lot of big dragons. [/quote] Your lair sounds so pretty! :0 @ankh My lair is set up more like a town of small dens in a large forest rather than a cave. ~Lair/Nest/Den/Whatever you wanna call it Types~ Tree Dens: Inside an empty tree. Floor is covered in thick grass and soft feathers. Are generally smaller since the smaller dragons live in tree nests. Fae Dens: Are sometimes inside a tree, sometimes outside the tree. Inside the tree, the lair is shared by multiple dragons. Outside the tree, the lair is usually only used by one dragon. Lore explains the rest. Spiral Den: In one giant empty tree with way too many tunnels. Nobody in the clan really likes spirals because they're afraid of their tunnels killing trees, so they're all limited to one tree. Ground Den: Guarded by thorn bushes. Floors are covered in thick grass and moss. Are generally larger since the larger dragons generally live in ground nests. All the dens and surrounded by one giant circle of thorn bushes for extra protection. The is a waterfall with a small river nearby that the dragons drink from. There's also plenty of berry bushes for the plant eating dragons. I imagine it looking something like this, except with a few bigger trees: [img]http://www.hdwjpg.com/wp-content/uploads/Green-Forest-Wallpaper-Nature.jpg[/img]
ankh wrote on 2015-10-09:
For me personally, since ours is a shadow clan, I like to imagine it to be dark or dimly lit with glowing fungi/veins of minerals in the walls. There are a lot of silks, hanging from the ceiling or on the walls and piles of pillows. Semi-precious/precious stones are found in piles and of treasure. Incense and sage burn almost always. It's very spacious- we have a lot of big dragons.
Your lair sounds so pretty! :0 @ankh

My lair is set up more like a town of small dens in a large forest rather than a cave.

~Lair/Nest/Den/Whatever you wanna call it Types~
Tree Dens: Inside an empty tree. Floor is covered in thick grass and soft feathers. Are generally smaller since the smaller dragons live in tree nests.

Fae Dens: Are sometimes inside a tree, sometimes outside the tree. Inside the tree, the lair is shared by multiple dragons. Outside the tree, the lair is usually only used by one dragon. Lore explains the rest.

Spiral Den: In one giant empty tree with way too many tunnels. Nobody in the clan really likes spirals because they're afraid of their tunnels killing trees, so they're all limited to one tree.

Ground Den: Guarded by thorn bushes. Floors are covered in thick grass and moss. Are generally larger since the larger dragons generally live in ground nests.

All the dens and surrounded by one giant circle of thorn bushes for extra protection. The is a waterfall with a small river nearby that the dragons drink from. There's also plenty of berry bushes for the plant eating dragons. I imagine it looking something like this, except with a few bigger trees:
Green-Forest-Wallpaper-Nature.jpg
ex5BGkW.png
I thought it said:

"What does your hair look like"

-goes to contemplate what lair looks like-
I thought it said:

"What does your hair look like"

-goes to contemplate what lair looks like-
9EItjjM.gif Kururin
* Waste-not want-not
* Fan Dragons
img.jpg