Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Color Wheel Expansion Previews
1 2 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1399 1400
[quote name="Nryenth" date=2016-03-01 08:32:03] [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/82b39115a574c49deda1bc92efb373a2/tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif[/img] [/quote] [img]http://replygif.net/i/589.gif[/img] sorry I just had to xD
Nryenth wrote on 2016-03-01:
tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif

589.gif

sorry I just had to xD
eyeye_by_cheezayballz-d9xh325.gif
[quote name="Yun" date=2016-03-01 15:50:09] I mean, you're not wrong lol but you are splicing some serious hairs. I don't blame you though and I hope I'm not coming across as attacking your idea it would be great (I'd love an Arcane pink and the Blue for Water eyes is the prettiest ever). I can just see all the people in the thread when "wind" green comes out posting pictures of tornadoes and saying "Wind looks nothing like that!" [/quote] Try living in the US south east during pine pollen season. Then tell me wind isn't a pale yellow-green. XD
Yun wrote on 2016-03-01:
I mean, you're not wrong lol but you are splicing some serious hairs. I don't blame you though and I hope I'm not coming across as attacking your idea it would be great (I'd love an Arcane pink and the Blue for Water eyes is the prettiest ever). I can just see all the people in the thread when "wind" green comes out posting pictures of tornadoes and saying "Wind looks nothing like that!"

Try living in the US south east during pine pollen season. Then tell me wind isn't a pale yellow-green. XD
@Undel (or anyone who can answer this!) I have been trying to figure out this answer for myself, but it made my brain feel like it was melting, so I shall ask here!

I have a double white pair with a wide tert Ice - Avocado, right now their range passes through the Yellows/Oranges/Reds/Browns/Pinks to get to Ice, as range always take the shortest route. However, I attempted to count the distance between them when you add in the new colours (including blank spaces) and I'm pretty sure when the Colour Wheel expands their range will flip the opposite way. So through the Monotones/Purples/Blues/Greens instead! Is that correct or have I counted/understood wrong?

The reason I ask is I wanted to get a second pair with a wide tert range that would get as many of the colours my first pair is missing as possible. I originally thought that would be Swamp - Platinum, but if my first pair is going to flip that wouldn't be right. So I was wondering what I should get instead. :)
@Undel (or anyone who can answer this!) I have been trying to figure out this answer for myself, but it made my brain feel like it was melting, so I shall ask here!

I have a double white pair with a wide tert Ice - Avocado, right now their range passes through the Yellows/Oranges/Reds/Browns/Pinks to get to Ice, as range always take the shortest route. However, I attempted to count the distance between them when you add in the new colours (including blank spaces) and I'm pretty sure when the Colour Wheel expands their range will flip the opposite way. So through the Monotones/Purples/Blues/Greens instead! Is that correct or have I counted/understood wrong?

The reason I ask is I wanted to get a second pair with a wide tert range that would get as many of the colours my first pair is missing as possible. I originally thought that would be Swamp - Platinum, but if my first pair is going to flip that wouldn't be right. So I was wondering what I should get instead. :)
@ForeverFallyn - You're right, with the new wheel the ice-avocado range will indeed flip. It will go through the blacks/purples/blues/greens.

*edit to add* In order to stay going through the browns/reds/pinks, then starting from Ice, the farthest 'up' on the chart you can go would be whatever green ends up to the left of Peridot. (Ice-peridot would still go through the purple/blues, ice-mystery green would go through the reds/browns.)
@ForeverFallyn - You're right, with the new wheel the ice-avocado range will indeed flip. It will go through the blacks/purples/blues/greens.

*edit to add* In order to stay going through the browns/reds/pinks, then starting from Ice, the farthest 'up' on the chart you can go would be whatever green ends up to the left of Peridot. (Ice-peridot would still go through the purple/blues, ice-mystery green would go through the reds/browns.)
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
@ForeverFallyn
The range limit on that one will change (according to this spreadsheet) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6tHIvHR3y2PhtefNKKCcBgJ_LfU_8Z-IofU5_AYBcM/edit#gid=0

There's one somewhere that'll tell you if the range will swap sides or not too.... No idea where it is, but that one should help you figure that out too
@ForeverFallyn
The range limit on that one will change (according to this spreadsheet) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y6tHIvHR3y2PhtefNKKCcBgJ_LfU_8Z-IofU5_AYBcM/edit#gid=0

There's one somewhere that'll tell you if the range will swap sides or not too.... No idea where it is, but that one should help you figure that out too
5891598x3192239.png
To the Magnificent Undel & Co:

Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.

Apologies to Mr. Gibran, but it felt appropriate. Update soon, pls.
To the Magnificent Undel & Co:

Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.

Apologies to Mr. Gibran, but it felt appropriate. Update soon, pls.
hi, i'm az and i like ghosts and cupcakes
YES UPDATE PLEASE im starving sorry
(i want to know if there will be a perfect ninive brown or if sand will still be the most accurate color)
(also you know what would be cool? new color gene previews. any, honestly.)
YES UPDATE PLEASE im starving sorry
(i want to know if there will be a perfect ninive brown or if sand will still be the most accurate color)
(also you know what would be cool? new color gene previews. any, honestly.)
{windkind||fr+9||they/them}
i know this is confusing, but i didn't invent logic!
hatchling probability calculator * search maker * scry hatchling generator
@Saone True, and I've seen other things use purple for shadow. I was just comparing it to real life.

Well, it appears I caused a bigger debate than I intended lol
@Saone True, and I've seen other things use purple for shadow. I was just comparing it to real life.

Well, it appears I caused a bigger debate than I intended lol
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Grrr I was saving up for genes for the eggs I'll hatch when the colors come out bUT THEN MY LEAP DAY DRAGON WAS TOO PRETTY TO NOT GET GENES IMMEDIATELY

rip my coin balls
Grrr I was saving up for genes for the eggs I'll hatch when the colors come out bUT THEN MY LEAP DAY DRAGON WAS TOO PRETTY TO NOT GET GENES IMMEDIATELY

rip my coin balls
evQCX9v.gifMmBygYl.gif 41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
I'm so thirsty for new colours i can't live like this
I'm so thirsty for new colours i can't live like this
VWPWMZp.png
1 2 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1399 1400