Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [spreadsheet] scry hatchling generator
time for another tool! i made this one for funsies, but maybe someone can use it for planning purposes. essentially, generate potential hatchlings of dragons that dont exist! plan your breeding pairs or find the perfect mate for a dragon you have. [center][b][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qz_uWU7EjAcTIQ32DLnVtMZHZaOJp3YyIadQNmWATK4]link to the tool[/url][/b] (please make a copy to use)[/center] this tool doesnt scrape any data, it extracts gene and breed data from the scrying workshop links and uses a random number generator and breed/gene odds to generate potential offspring. [LIST] [*] paste scrying workshop links/image links (both work!) of parents to check. [*] generates 5 random hatchlings at once! (use the checkbox on the main page to generate new results) [*] enter desired element for hatchlings [*] generate as hatchlings or adults [*] each result comes with its own scrying workshop link to preview [*] all modern and ancient breeds, will display warning if breed types dont match [*] gene and breed data references my own sheet that i keep updated, so it keeps up to date automatically [*] lists overall odds for the given pairing and generates a proper wrapping color range preview: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/xCR3WpLC/scrygen.png[/img] [/LIST] (im particularly proud of the range maker, when the color schemer went down the other day i needed it that exact moment so i quickly made my own spreadsheet version) let me know if you encounter any problems or have suggestions!
time for another tool! i made this one for funsies, but maybe someone can use it for planning purposes. essentially, generate potential hatchlings of dragons that dont exist! plan your breeding pairs or find the perfect mate for a dragon you have.
link to the tool
(please make a copy to use)

this tool doesnt scrape any data, it extracts gene and breed data from the scrying workshop links and uses a random number generator and breed/gene odds to generate potential offspring.
  • paste scrying workshop links/image links (both work!) of parents to check.
  • generates 5 random hatchlings at once! (use the checkbox on the main page to generate new results)
  • enter desired element for hatchlings
  • generate as hatchlings or adults
  • each result comes with its own scrying workshop link to preview
  • all modern and ancient breeds, will display warning if breed types dont match
  • gene and breed data references my own sheet that i keep updated, so it keeps up to date automatically
  • lists overall odds for the given pairing and generates a proper wrapping color range preview:
    scrygen.png

(im particularly proud of the range maker, when the color schemer went down the other day i needed it that exact moment so i quickly made my own spreadsheet version)
let me know if you encounter any problems or have suggestions!
{windkind||fr+9||they/them}
i know this is confusing, but i didn't invent logic!
hatchling probability calculator * search maker * scry hatchling generator