Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Dragon Search Generator
Hello! This is a tool i originally made for myself since existing tools didn't fit my needs, and i decided to make it publicly available.
Dragon Search/Auction House Link generator
Check it out HERE!
The sheet is locked, please make a copy to use it.
All cells with yellow fill are part of the input and can be freely modified!

Features:
  • free text input
  • color range and single color support
  • scry import (can read both workshop links and image urls!)
  • separate rarity matching for each gene/breed (multiple options to include all genes/breeds of same and/or higher rarity)
  • automatic color range expansion for scry imports
  • set range length separately for each color
  • manual range generator
  • includes all modern and ancient breeds/genes
  • generate dragon search or auction house link with the menu collapsed or open
  • different sort options for dragon searches
  • include price ranges in auction house searches
  • data references a personal sheet of mine and will update synchronously/can be updated via script! no multiple copies needed unless i need to make major changes.
this tool is very flexible and can look a bit confusing! if you have any questions please refer to the "guide" sheet, ask here or send me a message.
Likewise, if you encounter any problems, please let me know!

The code i use is quite complex in some parts to make all the parts interact smoothly, so in some cases things might break. Don't suffer in silence, tell me so i can fix it.
Hello! This is a tool i originally made for myself since existing tools didn't fit my needs, and i decided to make it publicly available.
Dragon Search/Auction House Link generator
Check it out HERE!
The sheet is locked, please make a copy to use it.
All cells with yellow fill are part of the input and can be freely modified!

Features:
  • free text input
  • color range and single color support
  • scry import (can read both workshop links and image urls!)
  • separate rarity matching for each gene/breed (multiple options to include all genes/breeds of same and/or higher rarity)
  • automatic color range expansion for scry imports
  • set range length separately for each color
  • manual range generator
  • includes all modern and ancient breeds/genes
  • generate dragon search or auction house link with the menu collapsed or open
  • different sort options for dragon searches
  • include price ranges in auction house searches
  • data references a personal sheet of mine and will update synchronously/can be updated via script! no multiple copies needed unless i need to make major changes.
this tool is very flexible and can look a bit confusing! if you have any questions please refer to the "guide" sheet, ask here or send me a message.
Likewise, if you encounter any problems, please let me know!

The code i use is quite complex in some parts to make all the parts interact smoothly, so in some cases things might break. Don't suffer in silence, tell me so i can fix it.
{windkind||fr+9||they/them}
i know this is confusing, but i didn't invent logic!
hatchling probability calculator * search maker * scry hatchling generator
update: we're back! i wanted to implement something that automatically makes changes to the logic sheet as i update things on my private copy, this works via an apps script.
the guide sheet now displays version dates of the data and logic! if the logic in your copy is outdated, just click the "update" button to get the newest version.
you might have to allow the script access to your account (i hope this works!!). the script accesses only the master sheet and your copy, nothing else.
update: we're back! i wanted to implement something that automatically makes changes to the logic sheet as i update things on my private copy, this works via an apps script.
the guide sheet now displays version dates of the data and logic! if the logic in your copy is outdated, just click the "update" button to get the newest version.
you might have to allow the script access to your account (i hope this works!!). the script accesses only the master sheet and your copy, nothing else.
Been using it a while, and one issue I've noticed is Pharaoh isn't being added to the searches.

Also, two QoLs I could think of:
- Adding an option for price ranges on the AH side.
- Adding a toggle to search by newest ID on the DS side.
Been using it a while, and one issue I've noticed is Pharaoh isn't being added to the searches.

Also, two QoLs I could think of:
- Adding an option for price ranges on the AH side.
- Adding a toggle to search by newest ID on the DS side.
l6nCFA8.png
@ganondorf is it only modern pharaoh? or did you notice any other genes not showing up either? this tool def needs an overhaul (and i have to add the most recent genes as well), i havent really had the brain space to really get into it recently.
ill look into implementing the suggestions as well, thank you!
@ganondorf is it only modern pharaoh? or did you notice any other genes not showing up either? this tool def needs an overhaul (and i have to add the most recent genes as well), i havent really had the brain space to really get into it recently.
ill look into implementing the suggestions as well, thank you!
Hmm, did a quick search and it appears Pharaoh (A) and Wasp (A) are also not working. I'm not sure if there are any others.
Hmm, did a quick search and it appears Pharaoh (A) and Wasp (A) are also not working. I'm not sure if there are any others.
l6nCFA8.png
update: tool is currently broken, my own code confuses me. will be back in functioning order within the next few days.
update: tool is currently broken, my own code confuses me. will be back in functioning order within the next few days.
tool works again! plus added new features.

this update requires making a new copy! if your copy is from before feb 16 2023, please copy the sheet again for everything to work properly.

@Ganondorf hopefully all fixed now! the genes not showing up was caused by me using fixed ranges (so newer genes would be outside the ranges the formulas looked at), things are more flexible now. i added dragon search sort order and price ranges, i hope it works all fine!
tool works again! plus added new features.

this update requires making a new copy! if your copy is from before feb 16 2023, please copy the sheet again for everything to work properly.

@Ganondorf hopefully all fixed now! the genes not showing up was caused by me using fixed ranges (so newer genes would be outside the ranges the formulas looked at), things are more flexible now. i added dragon search sort order and price ranges, i hope it works all fine!
Sweet, can't wait to give it a spin! ^_^
Sweet, can't wait to give it a spin! ^_^
l6nCFA8.png
have been slacking in keeping my list up to date, but everything new is added now! no auraboa rarities yet though.
have been slacking in keeping my list up to date, but everything new is added now! no auraboa rarities yet though.