Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 444 445 446 447 448 ... 753 754
Where might one find geysers in Sornieth?
Where might one find geysers in Sornieth?
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[quote]Where does Joxar get his wares for each elemental holiday? The familiar and unique apparel change each year, sp it's a bit of a mystery as to where Joxar gets his wares for each holiday.[/quote] Joxar has a great relationship with the artisans and craftsmen of each flight, who go along way toward helping supply his shop during each festival! He's also fairly crafty himself. Did you know he made the shop banner? [br][br][quote]While this would fall under a case such as the winter coat Tundras (not reflected on dragons), lore-wise would dragons exhibit subtle different appearances depending on their location (at least for breeds in their native locations)? A slightly fluffier Tundra in the Southern Icefields; Nocturnes with more/sharper spines in the Tangled Woods etc?[/quote] Absolutely. You'd likely find a lot of these subtle variations, borne directly from the dragons' environment and their clan lines. Some more potent magic users may even make these changes throughout the calendar year. [br][br][quote]For Salve Kamaitachis-- is it pronounced 'salve' as in a healing ointment, or is it 'salve' as in the latin greeting? For some reason I thought it was the latter until a friend pointed out it could also be the English word![/quote] The first one. :) They are the only kamaitachi with a jar of salve included in their artwork! [br][br][quote]When releasing a new breed, like nocturne, is it necessary to redraw every single apparel item on the site to fit the new breed, or is there some sort of code that does it for you?[/quote] While we're able to employ a few tricks (particularly with items that do not conform to a body part), most of the time apparel needs to have custom art per breed/sex. It takes quite a bit of time to create the apparel for a new breed! [br][br][quote]From a development perspective what is your favourite part about Flight Rising? And from a community perspective?[/quote] [b]Xhaz: [/b]I'm very fond of our new Crossroads system. We put a lot of time and love into that revamp, and we feel very good about how it turned out and provided players a lot more peace of mind. Definitely one the most satisfying feature launches in recent memory for me. [b]Undel:[/b] Favorite part: Getting to work with all the amazing artists that create art for us. From the community: Being able to see all the community artwork, gijinka, adoptables, and comics! [b]Aequorin: [/b]How the community has grown and matured over the years. [br][br][quote]I am a curious video game student and i would like to know what program was used for building/coding coliseum? What about fairgrounds games?[/quote] All of our games are in HTML5 and javascript. Some of the music is Flash but the games themselves are HTML5 canvas and javascript.
Quote:
Where does Joxar get his wares for each elemental holiday? The familiar and unique apparel change each year, sp it's a bit of a mystery as to where Joxar gets his wares for each holiday.

Joxar has a great relationship with the artisans and craftsmen of each flight, who go along way toward helping supply his shop during each festival! He's also fairly crafty himself. Did you know he made the shop banner?

Quote:
While this would fall under a case such as the winter coat Tundras (not reflected on dragons), lore-wise would dragons exhibit subtle different appearances depending on their location (at least for breeds in their native locations)? A slightly fluffier Tundra in the Southern Icefields; Nocturnes with more/sharper spines in the Tangled Woods etc?

Absolutely. You'd likely find a lot of these subtle variations, borne directly from the dragons' environment and their clan lines. Some more potent magic users may even make these changes throughout the calendar year.

Quote:
For Salve Kamaitachis-- is it pronounced 'salve' as in a healing ointment, or is it 'salve' as in the latin greeting? For some reason I thought it was the latter until a friend pointed out it could also be the English word!

The first one. :) They are the only kamaitachi with a jar of salve included in their artwork!

Quote:
When releasing a new breed, like nocturne, is it necessary to redraw every single apparel item on the site to fit the new breed, or is there some sort of code that does it for you?

While we're able to employ a few tricks (particularly with items that do not conform to a body part), most of the time apparel needs to have custom art per breed/sex. It takes quite a bit of time to create the apparel for a new breed!

Quote:
From a development perspective what is your favourite part about Flight Rising? And from a community perspective?

Xhaz: I'm very fond of our new Crossroads system. We put a lot of time and love into that revamp, and we feel very good about how it turned out and provided players a lot more peace of mind. Definitely one the most satisfying feature launches in recent memory for me.

Undel: Favorite part: Getting to work with all the amazing artists that create art for us. From the community: Being able to see all the community artwork, gijinka, adoptables, and comics!

Aequorin: How the community has grown and matured over the years.

Quote:
I am a curious video game student and i would like to know what program was used for building/coding coliseum? What about fairgrounds games?

All of our games are in HTML5 and javascript. Some of the music is Flash but the games themselves are HTML5 canvas and javascript.
When it comes to weather (such as thunderstorms, or droughts or even blizzards), is it entirely dictated in areas by the deities or do they have little to no influence on it?? Like, would a thunderstorm in Light territory be a natural occurance or would it be created be created by a deitiy??
When it comes to weather (such as thunderstorms, or droughts or even blizzards), is it entirely dictated in areas by the deities or do they have little to no influence on it?? Like, would a thunderstorm in Light territory be a natural occurance or would it be created be created by a deitiy??
BhNPnkO.gif
Apart from the language Coatls speak, how would you best describe the general sounds the dragons of Sorneith make when they speak their draconian language? Is it heavy on the r's, like growling? Or is it more fluid? Do different flights have different accents?
Apart from the language Coatls speak, how would you best describe the general sounds the dragons of Sorneith make when they speak their draconian language? Is it heavy on the r's, like growling? Or is it more fluid? Do different flights have different accents?

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
What are the names for breeds natural language, such as the coatls' natural hissing language, and what breeds have one?
What are the names for breeds natural language, such as the coatls' natural hissing language, and what breeds have one?
[IMG]ADD IMG URL HERE[/IMG]
What extreme weather happends in the different regions?
Dose the southern icefield often have blizzards? Dose it rain ash and cinders every now and then in Fire-territory? Dose Earth have drought-periods with extreme sun and dose Nature experience harsh rainy seasons?
What extreme weather happends in the different regions?
Dose the southern icefield often have blizzards? Dose it rain ash and cinders every now and then in Fire-territory? Dose Earth have drought-periods with extreme sun and dose Nature experience harsh rainy seasons?
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
Is it possible that the death rituals and clan formations of the Imperials are strictly based on the idea of avoiding the formation of an Emperor at all cost? Or is it merely a tactic to remove hatchlings/others from places that are considered areas of grief and death, when they bury or perform death rites for fallen Imperials?
Is it possible that the death rituals and clan formations of the Imperials are strictly based on the idea of avoiding the formation of an Emperor at all cost? Or is it merely a tactic to remove hatchlings/others from places that are considered areas of grief and death, when they bury or perform death rites for fallen Imperials?
37rb42a.png
horse
» he / him
» +17 fr time
Does a Guardian's charge have to be a physical object, individual, or place, or could they devote their life to protecting a certain ideal, concept, or way of life instead? Would it be possible to have, for example, a Guardian who takes on 'truth' ('I must fight to protect the truth at all costs!!') or 'justice' as their charge? Or would such a dragon still be regarded as only half a dragon by other Guardians?
Does a Guardian's charge have to be a physical object, individual, or place, or could they devote their life to protecting a certain ideal, concept, or way of life instead? Would it be possible to have, for example, a Guardian who takes on 'truth' ('I must fight to protect the truth at all costs!!') or 'justice' as their charge? Or would such a dragon still be regarded as only half a dragon by other Guardians?
nXzCm1w.png
This is probably a really silly question, but I've been curious about it even since I started playing!
Can the dragons of Sornieth breathe fire like most non-fr dragons can? And would they have to be a certain flight/breed to do such a thing? I mean, of course I could imagine that a dragon from the water flight wouldn't be able to do such a thing, but perhaps others can?
This is probably a really silly question, but I've been curious about it even since I started playing!
Can the dragons of Sornieth breathe fire like most non-fr dragons can? And would they have to be a certain flight/breed to do such a thing? I mean, of course I could imagine that a dragon from the water flight wouldn't be able to do such a thing, but perhaps others can?
733EAYl.png
Which deitys are able to fly and which not?
Which deitys are able to fly and which not?
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
1 2 ... 444 445 446 447 448 ... 753 754