Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 75 76
Sick and tired of people saying it's rude to be frustrated and irritated with this event. No.
This event was a horrible idea, and I hate the very concept of it. It's extremely unfair to people that haven't bothered to make a Coliseum team, as guess what? Gathering isn't reliable. I get maybe 10 chests from Gather, you know how many it took to get an egg? Hundreds. Not to mention this is during Christmas, a lot of people only have the first 2 days of this event to participate, and it's actually very cruel to take a month where there wasn't suppose to be an event with rare items, and make it harder than a typical festival. Their rage is justified. I don't have a lot of time once Christmas draws near to sit here and mindlessly grind the Coliseum. I don't care how hard they are working to keep the site up, the event never should have happened. I was hoping to take a break after last weeks Dom Push.
Sick and tired of people saying it's rude to be frustrated and irritated with this event. No.
This event was a horrible idea, and I hate the very concept of it. It's extremely unfair to people that haven't bothered to make a Coliseum team, as guess what? Gathering isn't reliable. I get maybe 10 chests from Gather, you know how many it took to get an egg? Hundreds. Not to mention this is during Christmas, a lot of people only have the first 2 days of this event to participate, and it's actually very cruel to take a month where there wasn't suppose to be an event with rare items, and make it harder than a typical festival. Their rage is justified. I don't have a lot of time once Christmas draws near to sit here and mindlessly grind the Coliseum. I don't care how hard they are working to keep the site up, the event never should have happened. I was hoping to take a break after last weeks Dom Push.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
I only skimmed the first three pages of this, I don't know what's been said- but

I have chronic carpal tunnel and tendonitis. I need a minimum of two Scrolls for my progens, preferably three for another dragon in my lair.

The event, 3 days in, has made my wrist throb. Continuing to the 200 chests I want to open today, my wrist is going to burn.
The problem with the event, fun though I find it to be- Its RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG.

RNG on if you're going to be able to get into the Coli.
A friend and I are in the same house at the time of posting this, using the same internet connection. I can get into the Coli and it runs fine, she can't get into it at all. *Skip this RNG if Digging

RNG on if you're going to get mimics.

RNG on if those mimics will actually drop chests. *This is where the Digging RNG happens. I'm level 18 Digging and got 5 chests today. 5.

RNG on if those chests will have anything worth anything.

Its too much RNG and its making things frustrating as all Heck.
I only skimmed the first three pages of this, I don't know what's been said- but

I have chronic carpal tunnel and tendonitis. I need a minimum of two Scrolls for my progens, preferably three for another dragon in my lair.

The event, 3 days in, has made my wrist throb. Continuing to the 200 chests I want to open today, my wrist is going to burn.
The problem with the event, fun though I find it to be- Its RNG+RNG+RNG+RNG.

RNG on if you're going to be able to get into the Coli.
A friend and I are in the same house at the time of posting this, using the same internet connection. I can get into the Coli and it runs fine, she can't get into it at all. *Skip this RNG if Digging

RNG on if you're going to get mimics.

RNG on if those mimics will actually drop chests. *This is where the Digging RNG happens. I'm level 18 Digging and got 5 chests today. 5.

RNG on if those chests will have anything worth anything.

Its too much RNG and its making things frustrating as all Heck.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
To the people getting more than 10 chests from turns, congrats to you.
That's the most I make with 23 turns.

I can get the frustration.
I'm not into the coli grinding, so none of my dragons are high enough to battle anywhere really. It's just not something I find that enjoyable and don't want to waste my time on when I can spend it doing something else I enjoy more.

I don't have a ton of treasure sitting around to buy an egg or scroll.
But I'm still hoping to get something by the end of this event, if I don't get at least something, that's when I'll be a little on the putt off side because I do spend a good chunk of money on here, I've worked hard on all the things I have earned, and I enjoy this site, but sometimes it can get really frustrating when you aren't rewarded.

So yeah, I get where the OP is coming from.
To the people getting more than 10 chests from turns, congrats to you.
That's the most I make with 23 turns.

I can get the frustration.
I'm not into the coli grinding, so none of my dragons are high enough to battle anywhere really. It's just not something I find that enjoyable and don't want to waste my time on when I can spend it doing something else I enjoy more.

I don't have a ton of treasure sitting around to buy an egg or scroll.
But I'm still hoping to get something by the end of this event, if I don't get at least something, that's when I'll be a little on the putt off side because I do spend a good chunk of money on here, I've worked hard on all the things I have earned, and I enjoy this site, but sometimes it can get really frustrating when you aren't rewarded.

So yeah, I get where the OP is coming from.
It isn't even about the nocturnes for me- I did get an egg and the profit was nice but I don't care for the breed much- it's the sheer tediousness. First you have to point and click in the coli which, lets be honest, is kinda tedious at the best of times- except now you also have to wait for the mimics, and wait for their drops, and then click open every single chest one by one so you can get, if you're lucky, two pieces of crap. I like to collect familiars so I really want all of the new familiars from this event, but it is just so disappointing and annoying and pointless. So yeah, it really isn't fun.
It isn't even about the nocturnes for me- I did get an egg and the profit was nice but I don't care for the breed much- it's the sheer tediousness. First you have to point and click in the coli which, lets be honest, is kinda tedious at the best of times- except now you also have to wait for the mimics, and wait for their drops, and then click open every single chest one by one so you can get, if you're lucky, two pieces of crap. I like to collect familiars so I really want all of the new familiars from this event, but it is just so disappointing and annoying and pointless. So yeah, it really isn't fun.
@KitsuneXIII You know, I think you hit the nail on the head and perfectly wrote out my thoughts on why this event feels more frustrating than most!

In flight holidays, you're still fighting against gathering/drop rate RNG in the coliseum... but then you can take the currency and reach your goal. Save up 35, 40, 65 tables or mushrooms or whatever and trade them in and BOOM you get what you want. Here you're fighting against extra RNG each time you open the chest. And boy, is it brutal. People are estimating that nocturne items are like... what... .1% of the time drop rate? Familiars are around 2%? (And there are 15 familiars that drop -- 9 new ones. I'm a familiar collector. And despite all that, the regular holiday bears seem to drop more often - so even in that sense, that's stacked against me.)

Some people are going to luck out and land on the right side of the RNG nine times out of ten. Then there are people like me (and others reading this thread, I imagine) who land on the wrong side... and keep landing on the wrong side... and there's no way to alleviate this bad luck except for maybe saving your treasure/gems and flat out buying those items from someone else.
@KitsuneXIII You know, I think you hit the nail on the head and perfectly wrote out my thoughts on why this event feels more frustrating than most!

In flight holidays, you're still fighting against gathering/drop rate RNG in the coliseum... but then you can take the currency and reach your goal. Save up 35, 40, 65 tables or mushrooms or whatever and trade them in and BOOM you get what you want. Here you're fighting against extra RNG each time you open the chest. And boy, is it brutal. People are estimating that nocturne items are like... what... .1% of the time drop rate? Familiars are around 2%? (And there are 15 familiars that drop -- 9 new ones. I'm a familiar collector. And despite all that, the regular holiday bears seem to drop more often - so even in that sense, that's stacked against me.)

Some people are going to luck out and land on the right side of the RNG nine times out of ten. Then there are people like me (and others reading this thread, I imagine) who land on the wrong side... and keep landing on the wrong side... and there's no way to alleviate this bad luck except for maybe saving your treasure/gems and flat out buying those items from someone else.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
I've hit over 100 chests so far and nothing. I would venture to say that nocturnes are my favorite design do far but this is ridiculous. I mean, I've barely gotten anything more than the generic food items. (One sunbeam ursa, one jadecarved decoy) I just wish the odds were just a bit better. It doesn't have to be easy....but easier than this.:(
I've hit over 100 chests so far and nothing. I would venture to say that nocturnes are my favorite design do far but this is ridiculous. I mean, I've barely gotten anything more than the generic food items. (One sunbeam ursa, one jadecarved decoy) I just wish the odds were just a bit better. It doesn't have to be easy....but easier than this.:(
center]UZVTEBc.png[/center]
How do you get 50-60 chests from digging at level 15 LOL.

I get like 15 and i am level 25..... i thought i opened a lot, around 50... but apparently thats nothing XD
How do you get 50-60 chests from digging at level 15 LOL.

I get like 15 and i am level 25..... i thought i opened a lot, around 50... but apparently thats nothing XD
please join and have fun :)

http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=Bella3oh3
But I guess it doesnt reallllyyyy matter, a few lucky people will make some big bucks at the beginning.. but eventually, these dragons will be worthless just like all the other ones on here. o.0 honestly thats why im upset at FR. everything is like 5k...
But I guess it doesnt reallllyyyy matter, a few lucky people will make some big bucks at the beginning.. but eventually, these dragons will be worthless just like all the other ones on here. o.0 honestly thats why im upset at FR. everything is like 5k...
please join and have fun :)

http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=Bella3oh3
Thank goodness I've found the venting thread. Look, this is supposed to be fun. It's not. Maybe if the coders or whoever had increased the mimic rate and/or the drop rate of items from those monsters, it would be. Fact of the matter is it's not fun. I don't like going into the coliseum, especially when I can make a boatload of money at the fairgrounds. I don't like the fact that the mimic rates are higher at higher level areas, that means that all of those newbies who haven't been spending time in the coli don't have teams to deal with them. I don't like that it seems the lower areas aren't giving much higher than familiars. I don't like that it takes all my turns to grab chests and get nothing from them but food. It's a pain. I don't like this event. I love the nocts, that's the whole reason I'm frustrated (well, that and I've never found an unhatched in my entire time here). I don't mind working for the new dragons, I don't, but there comes a point where it's just not worth it. Honestly, I think the lower tier mimics should appear more if their drop rate is lower. It's just common sense, give everyone an equal chance at grabbing these guys. Instead, it seems like the coli gurus are the only ones getting anything.
Thank goodness I've found the venting thread. Look, this is supposed to be fun. It's not. Maybe if the coders or whoever had increased the mimic rate and/or the drop rate of items from those monsters, it would be. Fact of the matter is it's not fun. I don't like going into the coliseum, especially when I can make a boatload of money at the fairgrounds. I don't like the fact that the mimic rates are higher at higher level areas, that means that all of those newbies who haven't been spending time in the coli don't have teams to deal with them. I don't like that it seems the lower areas aren't giving much higher than familiars. I don't like that it takes all my turns to grab chests and get nothing from them but food. It's a pain. I don't like this event. I love the nocts, that's the whole reason I'm frustrated (well, that and I've never found an unhatched in my entire time here). I don't mind working for the new dragons, I don't, but there comes a point where it's just not worth it. Honestly, I think the lower tier mimics should appear more if their drop rate is lower. It's just common sense, give everyone an equal chance at grabbing these guys. Instead, it seems like the coli gurus are the only ones getting anything.
It is only day 3, and nocturnes are getting cheaper each day. The eggs went from 2 mil to less than 600k on day 2.

Even if you are unlucky I don't think anyone can really be "cheated" of a nocturne for this event by the end of the 2 weeks.
It is only day 3, and nocturnes are getting cheaper each day. The eggs went from 2 mil to less than 600k on day 2.

Even if you are unlucky I don't think anyone can really be "cheated" of a nocturne for this event by the end of the 2 weeks.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 75 76