Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 75 76
Yep, it's down again.
Yep, it's down again.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Just when I was about to go grind some more. *facepalm*

I've opened 508 chests so far. No nocturnes. I only got two of the new familiars (two of the mimic chests). I got 0 chests while gathering today.

I'm obviously on the **** side of the luck spectrum, and... yeah, it ain't fun. Obviously I'm not the only one and a lot of us are in it together, but for every person screaming with joy at getting an egg in their 30th chest there are a lot of us not having anywhere near that good of a time haha.
Just when I was about to go grind some more. *facepalm*

I've opened 508 chests so far. No nocturnes. I only got two of the new familiars (two of the mimic chests). I got 0 chests while gathering today.

I'm obviously on the **** side of the luck spectrum, and... yeah, it ain't fun. Obviously I'm not the only one and a lot of us are in it together, but for every person screaming with joy at getting an egg in their 30th chest there are a lot of us not having anywhere near that good of a time haha.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
To those who are saying you get lots of chests by digging. That simply isn't true for everyone. I got none today in spite of using all of my turns for digging. I get that it is going to be hard to find chests with scrolls or eggs in them, but I would have expected to at least get some chests while digging.
To those who are saying you get lots of chests by digging. That simply isn't true for everyone. I got none today in spite of using all of my turns for digging. I get that it is going to be hard to find chests with scrolls or eggs in them, but I would have expected to at least get some chests while digging.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
[quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"]This is actually rude in a way. I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns. [/quote] I got 5 chests today at level 25 digging. I have never gotten close to 50-60 chests in a day.
Tranquillite wrote on 2014-12-23 00:35:32:
This is actually rude in a way.
I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.

I got 5 chests today at level 25 digging. I have never gotten close to 50-60 chests in a day.
citruslogo_zpsfed9bde5.png
I have to agree, this has been more frustrating and disappointing than fun. I was really looking forward to Nocturnes and hoped to get some scrolls for my low-ID dragons, but... it took me 375+ chests to even see ONE egg. Having things rare and on a time limit is a recipe for frustration and bad feelings, especially when there are technical errors on top of that.

Likewise my Digging is 25 and my Scavenging is 24, I've got less than 10 chests every day from that.
I have to agree, this has been more frustrating and disappointing than fun. I was really looking forward to Nocturnes and hoped to get some scrolls for my low-ID dragons, but... it took me 375+ chests to even see ONE egg. Having things rare and on a time limit is a recipe for frustration and bad feelings, especially when there are technical errors on top of that.

Likewise my Digging is 25 and my Scavenging is 24, I've got less than 10 chests every day from that.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
The lore is awesome, I love the Nocturnes, I love the new familiars, the mimics make me laugh. All of that stuff is awesome, the grinding is not.

I'm at my parent's house for the holidays. I only get to come up here a couple times a year, and I don't think I'm going to manage it next summer, cause I have an internship and when I don't have that, I have my grad school research.

I don't want to grind for awesome new familiars right now. It's the holidays, I want to spend time with my family I never see. I have Christmas presents I'm knitting for people that I haven't finished yet. I don't want to choose between finishing those and running facefirst in to a wall fighting lag in the coli and trying to open chests.

I've opened 81 chests and have gotten 3 Embears, a bunch of trinkets and a bunch of food and I don't want the same familiar three times, but that's just my bad luck, lol.

From a community-based odds calculation, I'm guessing the chances for the bears are about 0.1% chance of getting them. The calculations range from ~.05% to .15%. That's literally 1 in 1000. The chests are a little better at ~.2%. Which is still 1 in 500. And those are odds, meaning you can open 10000 chests and get jacksh*t.

I want a nocturne, but those will be bred, it's fine I can get one later. Imps are super common now, and they're the other limited breed. The nocturnes aren't really my issue.

It's the familiars. Those familiars are rare. This is the only time I can get some of those familiars I think. Yeah the prices will go down through the festival... but I still don't have time to grind in the coli for the money to buy them. I just spent a bunch on genes for dragons, and I don't have time to level up exalts for the reasons above and the festival will end and all of the prices will shoot up when the source goes away.

This isn't fun anymore.
The lore is awesome, I love the Nocturnes, I love the new familiars, the mimics make me laugh. All of that stuff is awesome, the grinding is not.

I'm at my parent's house for the holidays. I only get to come up here a couple times a year, and I don't think I'm going to manage it next summer, cause I have an internship and when I don't have that, I have my grad school research.

I don't want to grind for awesome new familiars right now. It's the holidays, I want to spend time with my family I never see. I have Christmas presents I'm knitting for people that I haven't finished yet. I don't want to choose between finishing those and running facefirst in to a wall fighting lag in the coli and trying to open chests.

I've opened 81 chests and have gotten 3 Embears, a bunch of trinkets and a bunch of food and I don't want the same familiar three times, but that's just my bad luck, lol.

From a community-based odds calculation, I'm guessing the chances for the bears are about 0.1% chance of getting them. The calculations range from ~.05% to .15%. That's literally 1 in 1000. The chests are a little better at ~.2%. Which is still 1 in 500. And those are odds, meaning you can open 10000 chests and get jacksh*t.

I want a nocturne, but those will be bred, it's fine I can get one later. Imps are super common now, and they're the other limited breed. The nocturnes aren't really my issue.

It's the familiars. Those familiars are rare. This is the only time I can get some of those familiars I think. Yeah the prices will go down through the festival... but I still don't have time to grind in the coli for the money to buy them. I just spent a bunch on genes for dragons, and I don't have time to level up exalts for the reasons above and the festival will end and all of the prices will shoot up when the source goes away.

This isn't fun anymore.
This is a game from the shadowmama
She wants us to go insane
It may make for a better trickmurk circus if we are all insane
This is a game from the shadowmama
She wants us to go insane
It may make for a better trickmurk circus if we are all insane
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I found five chests today. Not the greatest luck, but I've already bought my noc scroll and got three eggs from the chests. The event wasn't fun with the lag and the frustration that came with, but... that's life.
I found five chests today. Not the greatest luck, but I've already bought my noc scroll and got three eggs from the chests. The event wasn't fun with the lag and the frustration that came with, but... that's life.
Who ran away with the mimics? I haven't seen any for 15 minutes XD
Who ran away with the mimics? I haven't seen any for 15 minutes XD
[quote name="StoneHusky" date="2014-12-23 00:00:25"]You heard me. It's not fun. Ultimately, FR is a game. And this game is no longer fun. I want to participate. I want to spend time on the site. But after 100 chests? 200, 500, 700 for some people? It's just not worth it. These Nocturnes don't feel worth it. This event is broken. And that makes me sad. Because I wish it wasn't.[/quote] I'm close to 300 chests now. One egg. I need another one to pay for an art comission. i'm really kicking myself now cause 300x20 x 500 for the current gem exchange is 3000000 treasure or just the 6k gems in themselves...
StoneHusky wrote on 2014-12-23 00:00:25:
You heard me.

It's not fun.

Ultimately, FR is a game.

And this game is no longer fun.

I want to participate. I want to spend time on the site.

But after 100 chests? 200, 500, 700 for some people?

It's just not worth it.

These Nocturnes don't feel worth it.

This event is broken.

And that makes me sad.

Because I wish it wasn't.

I'm close to 300 chests now. One egg. I need another one to pay for an art comission. i'm really kicking myself now cause 300x20 x 500 for the current gem exchange is 3000000 treasure or just the 6k gems in themselves...
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 75 76