Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Changing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I switched from Wind to Earth. My preference was based on a smaller, closed and focused group. I've not known of any drama in Earth (or of which I am oblivious...). I like how things are done there. Right now I'm having immense changes coming in my life and I appreciate that Earth doesn't have conflict (I really couldn't deal with it if there was, and would probably quit the site if there was). So major shout out to Earth for being great. :)
I switched from Wind to Earth. My preference was based on a smaller, closed and focused group. I've not known of any drama in Earth (or of which I am oblivious...). I like how things are done there. Right now I'm having immense changes coming in my life and I appreciate that Earth doesn't have conflict (I really couldn't deal with it if there was, and would probably quit the site if there was). So major shout out to Earth for being great. :)
I switched from Nature to Wind back in June. From the flight descriptions alone, Nature seemed right up my alley. I love the outdoors, greenery, and can be super protective of my loved ones. But I just didn't feel like I fit in the flight. No particular reason, it just didn't feel like "home", I guess. I'd wanted to be more outgoing and friendly online (which helps with my social anxiety in real life) and figured the most canonically such flight would be a good place to start!

I've only been a Windie for about four months, but I love it. Carefree, friendly, casual, but still interested in dom. I just love it. Wind eyes were always my favorite, as well as all the aesthetics, so that factored in to my switch as well. Even though we're the largest flight, it still doesn't feel like being lost in a crowd, which surprised me. I see quite a few familiar faces poking around our forums, and it feels homey.

So, yeah. I don't see myself switching anytime soon. Luv u Windies. ♥
I switched from Nature to Wind back in June. From the flight descriptions alone, Nature seemed right up my alley. I love the outdoors, greenery, and can be super protective of my loved ones. But I just didn't feel like I fit in the flight. No particular reason, it just didn't feel like "home", I guess. I'd wanted to be more outgoing and friendly online (which helps with my social anxiety in real life) and figured the most canonically such flight would be a good place to start!

I've only been a Windie for about four months, but I love it. Carefree, friendly, casual, but still interested in dom. I just love it. Wind eyes were always my favorite, as well as all the aesthetics, so that factored in to my switch as well. Even though we're the largest flight, it still doesn't feel like being lost in a crowd, which surprised me. I see quite a few familiar faces poking around our forums, and it feels homey.

So, yeah. I don't see myself switching anytime soon. Luv u Windies. ♥

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
@Twiggy
How ironic you call the Earth horde on the flight change forum and uhh. I moved to plague. I miss you guys back in Earth. :(
@Twiggy
How ironic you call the Earth horde on the flight change forum and uhh. I moved to plague. I miss you guys back in Earth. :(
@squidcest - I never expected such a resounding response! Do you like Plague? You are welcome back to Earth any time.

*sends in a group of Ridgies to dig @Appellosine out of the rubble*
@squidcest - I never expected such a resounding response! Do you like Plague? You are welcome back to Earth any time.

*sends in a group of Ridgies to dig @Appellosine out of the rubble*
dR1OCbi.png
I love this flight too much, so many wonderfully nice people. I am not too social, but I love having the ability to say 'hi' to someone and then they say 'how are you?' right back. I don't think I could leave a community like that^^'. But yay for those who have find flights that fit them better^^. That's always good.
I love this flight too much, so many wonderfully nice people. I am not too social, but I love having the ability to say 'hi' to someone and then they say 'how are you?' right back. I don't think I could leave a community like that^^'. But yay for those who have find flights that fit them better^^. That's always good.
Place a beehive on my grave
And let the honey soak through.
When I'm dead and gone,
That's what I want from you.
My deviantart
Code:
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=124
I used to be in Shadow, but I found it homier for me in Earth. I like having friends, but also friends that give me space, and can throw in a helping hand when I need it (Course, I try to help when I can)
I used to be in Shadow, but I found it homier for me in Earth. I like having friends, but also friends that give me space, and can throw in a helping hand when I need it (Course, I try to help when I can)
ElFi6Vj.pngGuess you could say I'm on ice.BNEyPcu.png
Mmm yes, I switched from Arcane into Earth and couldn't be happier. The community is small but so vibrant, kind and caring. I wish I could be more active... miss you guys :'( work is eating me alive.
Mmm yes, I switched from Arcane into Earth and couldn't be happier. The community is small but so vibrant, kind and caring. I wish I could be more active... miss you guys :'( work is eating me alive.
HO7jGPA.png Kookaburra
on Pixpets

4832_1e9d4aab6ad6e40e_I.gif11047_f99b7458f856f2a5_I.gif3926_9be993f525c9c6e9_I.gif17800_2c92a7469c1b3278_I.gif3175_d07d5c3f5cbab53c_I.gif5875_5d1f8496eb6f2897_I.gif8457_4ac4f4ab6c0f9d95_I.gif9030_380187e4ad587cc8_I.gif8066_f262055000960407_I.gif9152_6633c512e23795d8_I.gif
I'm the kind of player that I would never have envisioned switching flights, as I am fiercely loyal. I love my original flight (Shadow). The artwork is my favorite, and I'm actually incredibly sad that they did away with the old Dominance banner art because Shadow has been pushing to the top more often recently and I got to see that eye candy every time I looked at the board, which was a very soothing and pleasing feeling. (I like the new Dominance changes, though - don't get me wrong. Just sad about the loss of that gorgeous Shadow banner.)

Shadow is an incredible Dominance force, imo, even if the numbers don't reflect that yet. Even if it wasn't, the community is wonderful and I enjoyed the organic team efforts with the multitudes of projects that we had. Shadow also had a very active forum community with lots of games, which was nice if I wanted to stay active.

So, yeah, I had no real motivation to leave.

But I did. Why?

Probably something very complicated that worked itself into a decision in my maze of a brain. One of the reasons is similar to what you're describing: wanderlust, curiosity. Somebody gave me a detailed look at Plague and I liked what I saw, so I had to know. It bothered me not knowing what was outside. And, having been outside, I'm glad that I now have a personal perspective on two different flights. Plague is awesome, too, btw.

If you feel like you have to know, just keep this in mind: flight changes aren't permanent. You give them 6 months. If you don't like it, you can move on, or you can head home to your original flight. And after having done it at least once, you'll be more sure whether or not you want to keep on exploring or if you want to settle down.

Food for thought.
I'm the kind of player that I would never have envisioned switching flights, as I am fiercely loyal. I love my original flight (Shadow). The artwork is my favorite, and I'm actually incredibly sad that they did away with the old Dominance banner art because Shadow has been pushing to the top more often recently and I got to see that eye candy every time I looked at the board, which was a very soothing and pleasing feeling. (I like the new Dominance changes, though - don't get me wrong. Just sad about the loss of that gorgeous Shadow banner.)

Shadow is an incredible Dominance force, imo, even if the numbers don't reflect that yet. Even if it wasn't, the community is wonderful and I enjoyed the organic team efforts with the multitudes of projects that we had. Shadow also had a very active forum community with lots of games, which was nice if I wanted to stay active.

So, yeah, I had no real motivation to leave.

But I did. Why?

Probably something very complicated that worked itself into a decision in my maze of a brain. One of the reasons is similar to what you're describing: wanderlust, curiosity. Somebody gave me a detailed look at Plague and I liked what I saw, so I had to know. It bothered me not knowing what was outside. And, having been outside, I'm glad that I now have a personal perspective on two different flights. Plague is awesome, too, btw.

If you feel like you have to know, just keep this in mind: flight changes aren't permanent. You give them 6 months. If you don't like it, you can move on, or you can head home to your original flight. And after having done it at least once, you'll be more sure whether or not you want to keep on exploring or if you want to settle down.

Food for thought.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
I think flight changing is sort of one of those things personal to users. I mean, some of us are natural home-bodies. We stay to our flight. I know I've been in earth since day one and never showed curiosity towards other flights. But I have good friends that jump and jump and jump every time they get a chance because to them, it's fun and it feels right.

Hey, if you wanna throw this into some canon stuff, some clans are just nomadic that way! :D
I think flight changing is sort of one of those things personal to users. I mean, some of us are natural home-bodies. We stay to our flight. I know I've been in earth since day one and never showed curiosity towards other flights. But I have good friends that jump and jump and jump every time they get a chance because to them, it's fun and it feels right.

Hey, if you wanna throw this into some canon stuff, some clans are just nomadic that way! :D
suwrpg.png
@Appellosine

I've always been a part of the Lightning flight, I chose it because thunderstorms are my favorite type of weather. The lore suits me well also, as a science driven person who has workaholic tendencies. (Forgoing food and sleep for days on end to meet my goals)

However I haven't had the easiest time making friends in the flight, so I have considered switching many times before. I actually love the idea of the Earth flight, and have almost switched about 4 times. I don't really participate in dominance, and it kind of isolates me in Lightning. My one worry however is that once I change I won't like it, and I won't have the gems to switch again. If that's not a problem for you, then by all means, make the jump.

What is your opinion? Am I overthinking it?
@Appellosine

I've always been a part of the Lightning flight, I chose it because thunderstorms are my favorite type of weather. The lore suits me well also, as a science driven person who has workaholic tendencies. (Forgoing food and sleep for days on end to meet my goals)

However I haven't had the easiest time making friends in the flight, so I have considered switching many times before. I actually love the idea of the Earth flight, and have almost switched about 4 times. I don't really participate in dominance, and it kind of isolates me in Lightning. My one worry however is that once I change I won't like it, and I won't have the gems to switch again. If that's not a problem for you, then by all means, make the jump.

What is your opinion? Am I overthinking it?

bestiaryraffle1_by_hapro-d90d0na.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8