Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Changing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
While I haven't yet switched, I am planning to switch from Shadow to Lightning sometime next year. Not because I don't identify with the lore or the people or anything, but because I want to change the scenery from time to time. I want to know how other people are, to learn new things.

Flight-switching sounds like good fun to me.
While I haven't yet switched, I am planning to switch from Shadow to Lightning sometime next year. Not because I don't identify with the lore or the people or anything, but because I want to change the scenery from time to time. I want to know how other people are, to learn new things.

Flight-switching sounds like good fun to me.
Earth flight is my home, although I did start in Nature. I love nature, but I thought that being in Earth would let me appreciate all parts of nature and not just the flora and fauna, but the dirt and the ice and the caves and all the other cool parts about the earth that I felt I couldn't do in Nature.

That's the only reason I changed, honestly ;w;
Earth flight is my home, although I did start in Nature. I love nature, but I thought that being in Earth would let me appreciate all parts of nature and not just the flora and fauna, but the dirt and the ice and the caves and all the other cool parts about the earth that I felt I couldn't do in Nature.

That's the only reason I changed, honestly ;w;
5701.png • sailor / he/him / adult
• feel free to ping me
• did you know: horses have 400,000 blood types?
@arcobaleno

I started a thread that I expected to get a few replies to, and now we're on page eight. I don't think there's ever such thing as over-thinking. xD *patpat* I think that what I've gathered from this thread is;

Everyone has their high points.

I'm personally really glad this didn't get to (somehow) be outright bashing of other flights, but the running theme does seem to be 'if it doesn't feel like home, it's okay to move on'. Windies, I can attest (and the few others who have posted here as wind, too), are warm, welcoming, and a lot of fun. But boy-o there sure is a lot of them. I've made most of my FR friends from an existing pool, so to speak. I knew a lot of them either in RL or off-site, and then we got to share moments of "OOOO DRAGONS". I've just started to really want to be involved with my flight, and (again, nothing against the Windies), the wind forums just felt big, and daunting. ._. So I wanted to switch to a smaller flight.

Just from the response that @Twiggy buried me under (no regrets!), I just feel now that I'd have a leg up in Earth because of this thread. And honestly now, I'm kind of excited. I'm not worried about the gems, since thankfully FR will let me sell my dragons (and stuff) for Gems too. So If I were to make ~10 gems a day, in six months when I would be allowed to switch again, I'd have the necessary build-up. I am not a very brave person, but sometimes all my (digital) courage wells up in one moment and compels me forward. xD
@arcobaleno

I started a thread that I expected to get a few replies to, and now we're on page eight. I don't think there's ever such thing as over-thinking. xD *patpat* I think that what I've gathered from this thread is;

Everyone has their high points.

I'm personally really glad this didn't get to (somehow) be outright bashing of other flights, but the running theme does seem to be 'if it doesn't feel like home, it's okay to move on'. Windies, I can attest (and the few others who have posted here as wind, too), are warm, welcoming, and a lot of fun. But boy-o there sure is a lot of them. I've made most of my FR friends from an existing pool, so to speak. I knew a lot of them either in RL or off-site, and then we got to share moments of "OOOO DRAGONS". I've just started to really want to be involved with my flight, and (again, nothing against the Windies), the wind forums just felt big, and daunting. ._. So I wanted to switch to a smaller flight.

Just from the response that @Twiggy buried me under (no regrets!), I just feel now that I'd have a leg up in Earth because of this thread. And honestly now, I'm kind of excited. I'm not worried about the gems, since thankfully FR will let me sell my dragons (and stuff) for Gems too. So If I were to make ~10 gems a day, in six months when I would be allowed to switch again, I'd have the necessary build-up. I am not a very brave person, but sometimes all my (digital) courage wells up in one moment and compels me forward. xD
@Twiggy It's pretty nice here. I like the eyes. But oh man it's really like. Militaristic. Earth was a lot more laid back LOL
@Twiggy It's pretty nice here. I like the eyes. But oh man it's really like. Militaristic. Earth was a lot more laid back LOL
@Appellosine
I joined with the last registration window and have been in Earth this whole time. Personally, I'm considering switching to the Shadow flight though. Being the smallest flight, Earthies are really nice and everyone in our forums already tend to know (or at least recognize) each other. However, being so small, our forums are a bit on the slower side and we don't run for dominance very often (of course with the beast clans, that might be changing up some). I've talked to a few people in Shadow too about their flight. They're one of the bigger flights though, so I'm not sure if you wanted to go from the biggest flight to the third biggest.

@Twiggy
Thanks for the ping ^^

@Condemned @Darkdragonfiend
Pinging these two to tell Appellosine about Fire and Water flights ^^
@Appellosine
I joined with the last registration window and have been in Earth this whole time. Personally, I'm considering switching to the Shadow flight though. Being the smallest flight, Earthies are really nice and everyone in our forums already tend to know (or at least recognize) each other. However, being so small, our forums are a bit on the slower side and we don't run for dominance very often (of course with the beast clans, that might be changing up some). I've talked to a few people in Shadow too about their flight. They're one of the bigger flights though, so I'm not sure if you wanted to go from the biggest flight to the third biggest.

@Twiggy
Thanks for the ping ^^

@Condemned @Darkdragonfiend
Pinging these two to tell Appellosine about Fire and Water flights ^^
dd4c357c-68d4-4116-bccc-e1c20c55aa3c.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8