Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Changing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Twiggy
I have heard your summon

@Appellosine
I ended up joining Earth on a whim- one of my favorite artists recommended it, so I though, why not? Haven't regretted my decision for a second. If you want a small down to Earth flight, I'd recommend Earth. We've got a number of previous Wind members join us.
@Twiggy
I have heard your summon

@Appellosine
I ended up joining Earth on a whim- one of my favorite artists recommended it, so I though, why not? Haven't regretted my decision for a second. If you want a small down to Earth flight, I'd recommend Earth. We've got a number of previous Wind members join us.
y9ugvs5.gif
I started out with Earth, and I think I'm here to stay. I've considered other flights before, mostly for superficial reasons, but I like how relaxed Earth is. Being a very lazy person, I've never felt pressured into anything - I did volunteer for a stand in Rockbreaker's Ceremony though. It's a treasure hunt *wink* you should come by when it's up *nudge*.

Am I doing this right.

Joking aside, I feel like Earth doesn't do as much, site-wise? We have some major dominance pushes, for sure, but I've heard other Flights do them much more often because of their larger size. Earth's forums also aren't very fast...but there's quite a few threads dedicated to bringing people together for discussion on whatever, which is always fun. There's also a lot of generous threads, which is great because I'm absolutely awful at this game. You also tend to see a lot of the same names, which creates a kind of "tight-knit" community. I've always liked cozy places.

As for changing Flights, eyes are usually what get me. Earth eyes are great in that they're neutral, but sometimes you need Light or Arcane or Lightning eyes for a dragon to really pop. Luckily, I can always buy other people's dragons. I've also reconsidered based on lore...lore-wise, I'm not really Earthy, but I still fit in with the community, or I'd like to think so.

TL;DR I chose Earth for the community and stayed for it too, despite any tendencies to other lore/eye colors.

I hope this contributes something~
I started out with Earth, and I think I'm here to stay. I've considered other flights before, mostly for superficial reasons, but I like how relaxed Earth is. Being a very lazy person, I've never felt pressured into anything - I did volunteer for a stand in Rockbreaker's Ceremony though. It's a treasure hunt *wink* you should come by when it's up *nudge*.

Am I doing this right.

Joking aside, I feel like Earth doesn't do as much, site-wise? We have some major dominance pushes, for sure, but I've heard other Flights do them much more often because of their larger size. Earth's forums also aren't very fast...but there's quite a few threads dedicated to bringing people together for discussion on whatever, which is always fun. There's also a lot of generous threads, which is great because I'm absolutely awful at this game. You also tend to see a lot of the same names, which creates a kind of "tight-knit" community. I've always liked cozy places.

As for changing Flights, eyes are usually what get me. Earth eyes are great in that they're neutral, but sometimes you need Light or Arcane or Lightning eyes for a dragon to really pop. Luckily, I can always buy other people's dragons. I've also reconsidered based on lore...lore-wise, I'm not really Earthy, but I still fit in with the community, or I'd like to think so.

TL;DR I chose Earth for the community and stayed for it too, despite any tendencies to other lore/eye colors.

I hope this contributes something~
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
@Twiggy
Ohmylawd so many- ... ... @michinyo @SnowAnubis
WHAT DO I CALL YOU GUYS? Thanks to wind I have a compulsion to add 'ies' to everything thus making you Earthies but I know they aren't Lighties or Plaguies. As much as that would amuse me. LOL
@Twiggy
Ohmylawd so many- ... ... @michinyo @SnowAnubis
WHAT DO I CALL YOU GUYS? Thanks to wind I have a compulsion to add 'ies' to everything thus making you Earthies but I know they aren't Lighties or Plaguies. As much as that would amuse me. LOL
@Twiggy You call and I come a-runnin'

@Appellosine I've switched twice. When I joined I was lightning flight. Then I swapped to plague. Not too long ago I was thinking more about what represents me, and I like how small and homey Earth flight looked, so I swapped and haven't regretted it since

I like Earth; It's a tiny community, with lovely people in it who all seem willing to help one another. And I like that. There are prettier eye colors out there than brown, but at the same time, the community well makes up for that. And brown really isn't so bad ;)

If i ever were to swap again it would be to nature because i'm a hippy at heart, but I figure I can be a rock-hippy just fine. :D
@Twiggy You call and I come a-runnin'

@Appellosine I've switched twice. When I joined I was lightning flight. Then I swapped to plague. Not too long ago I was thinking more about what represents me, and I like how small and homey Earth flight looked, so I swapped and haven't regretted it since

I like Earth; It's a tiny community, with lovely people in it who all seem willing to help one another. And I like that. There are prettier eye colors out there than brown, but at the same time, the community well makes up for that. And brown really isn't so bad ;)

If i ever were to swap again it would be to nature because i'm a hippy at heart, but I figure I can be a rock-hippy just fine. :D
tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.giftumblr_inline_nb1keetDsO1qg78ij.png
Plague flight, plague flight!!! :D
Loyal even in DEATH!!
Plague flight, plague flight!!! :D
Loyal even in DEATH!!
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
*responds to the EARTHERS ASSEMBLE call*

Perhaps the most adorable thing about Earth is that they've got a bunch of different pinglists you can sign up for, and a large proportion of the flight not only signs up but will respond and stuff when you ping them. (Like this!)

For example, I did a dominance-related survey on the Earth forum recently, and I got as many responses to it in two days as I did to a dominance-related survey on the Wind forum back in February. Despite Wind being two or three times the size back then that Earth is now! So Earth may be small, and their forum doesn't have as many threads as Wind did, but we're a responsive bunch!

I moved to Earth from Wind several months ago. I love Wind, but wanted a change of scenery. And when I left, there were a lot of people whose attitude towards dominance was very negative -- "Wind can't win, we're too big, so there's no point in trying" -- which I found dispiriting. :/

Hot Dad is still Best Dad, though, and I'm sure I'll come back to him some day. :)
*responds to the EARTHERS ASSEMBLE call*

Perhaps the most adorable thing about Earth is that they've got a bunch of different pinglists you can sign up for, and a large proportion of the flight not only signs up but will respond and stuff when you ping them. (Like this!)

For example, I did a dominance-related survey on the Earth forum recently, and I got as many responses to it in two days as I did to a dominance-related survey on the Wind forum back in February. Despite Wind being two or three times the size back then that Earth is now! So Earth may be small, and their forum doesn't have as many threads as Wind did, but we're a responsive bunch!

I moved to Earth from Wind several months ago. I love Wind, but wanted a change of scenery. And when I left, there were a lot of people whose attitude towards dominance was very negative -- "Wind can't win, we're too big, so there's no point in trying" -- which I found dispiriting. :/

Hot Dad is still Best Dad, though, and I'm sure I'll come back to him some day. :)
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
I am completely in love with Arcane. I joined initially for the eyes because I wanted a purple/pink lair, but once I learned about the lore and began poking about in the forums, I tripped somewhere and found myself chest-deep in attachment. The people are fantastic and thoughtful, and I've had lots of great conversations with them. The Arcane flight may be one of the biggest on the site, but it really doesn't feel that way. It makes the forum a nice comfortable space for me to reconnect with people I know. Sort of like coming home after a long day of swimming the bigger sea of the main boards. Maybe somewhat of a trite sentiment, but I honestly do feel a physical ache in my chest at the thought of leaving Arcane. My dragons are attached to the land and I'm attached to the people. I could never do it.
I am completely in love with Arcane. I joined initially for the eyes because I wanted a purple/pink lair, but once I learned about the lore and began poking about in the forums, I tripped somewhere and found myself chest-deep in attachment. The people are fantastic and thoughtful, and I've had lots of great conversations with them. The Arcane flight may be one of the biggest on the site, but it really doesn't feel that way. It makes the forum a nice comfortable space for me to reconnect with people I know. Sort of like coming home after a long day of swimming the bigger sea of the main boards. Maybe somewhat of a trite sentiment, but I honestly do feel a physical ache in my chest at the thought of leaving Arcane. My dragons are attached to the land and I'm attached to the people. I could never do it.
tumblr_nfkgpabVEb1smuk7do1_400.png
@Twiggy
Thanks for the ping~

@Appellosine

I joined Arcane back when the site first launched to the open after the KS window. It was awesome, I loved the people, I still think my personality fits with them, and when we did food baskets earlier this year I was reminded just how much my personality /fit/ with Arcane
However, like you, I wanted a smaller Flight. I was originally looking at Ice or Water, since they were my alternative choices when I signed up, but then I found this thread that made me decide to switch to Earth.

I've been with Earth for over a year and I absolutely love it there. I talk to people daily in our chat, and I probably wouldn't have stayed on FR as long as I have if I hadn't switched to Earth. The community is great, we're rather tight-knit. We stand up for one another for the most part and have a lot of interesting discussions involving all sorts of topics and interests. I would never switch from Earth, I don't think x3

I do hope you are happy with whatever you choose! :3 Good luck and happy dragoning!
@Twiggy
Thanks for the ping~

@Appellosine

I joined Arcane back when the site first launched to the open after the KS window. It was awesome, I loved the people, I still think my personality fits with them, and when we did food baskets earlier this year I was reminded just how much my personality /fit/ with Arcane
However, like you, I wanted a smaller Flight. I was originally looking at Ice or Water, since they were my alternative choices when I signed up, but then I found this thread that made me decide to switch to Earth.

I've been with Earth for over a year and I absolutely love it there. I talk to people daily in our chat, and I probably wouldn't have stayed on FR as long as I have if I hadn't switched to Earth. The community is great, we're rather tight-knit. We stand up for one another for the most part and have a lot of interesting discussions involving all sorts of topics and interests. I would never switch from Earth, I don't think x3

I do hope you are happy with whatever you choose! :3 Good luck and happy dragoning!
Hmmm? Ah yes! My clan found that the shadows didn't suit them quiet as much as the Earth did so away they went . I was torn between Lighting (eyes and for the character story) and Earth but it was the Earth community that won me over.
Hmmm? Ah yes! My clan found that the shadows didn't suit them quiet as much as the Earth did so away they went . I was torn between Lighting (eyes and for the character story) and Earth but it was the Earth community that won me over.
Birbs_zps3txwb1so.jpg
@Appellosine
We tend to call ourselves boulders or pebbles, but I'd say pebbles tends to be the more common of the two.

And Earthies is ok, though it sounds like the sort of name that aliens would use to refer to humans.
@Appellosine
We tend to call ourselves boulders or pebbles, but I'd say pebbles tends to be the more common of the two.

And Earthies is ok, though it sounds like the sort of name that aliens would use to refer to humans.
y9ugvs5.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8