Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 91 92
@Azophel Looks like a mistake! Correcting now.
@Azophel Looks like a mistake! Correcting now.
@Aequorin Is gathering down to 10 turns??? Or is that a glitch? A couple of people including me had this problem today? :C
@Aequorin Is gathering down to 10 turns??? Or is that a glitch? A couple of people including me had this problem today? :C
@Uniformshark I can answer this one since Aequorin has been a busy bee today.

This is indeed a glitch. For some reason, a large portion of players only got 10 turns (myself included).

Here is the thread in the bug report forum:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1084264&p=mb

You can find Ara's reply on page 23 and Aequorin's on page 24.

Developers were made aware of this issue earlier today =)
@Uniformshark I can answer this one since Aequorin has been a busy bee today.

This is indeed a glitch. For some reason, a large portion of players only got 10 turns (myself included).

Here is the thread in the bug report forum:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1084264&p=mb

You can find Ara's reply on page 23 and Aequorin's on page 24.

Developers were made aware of this issue earlier today =)
i would like to comment about @Amalythia's recent forum rules sticky, specifically the part about sales threads in flight forums. [quote]but people are free to post any threads to their fellow flightmates regardless of whether they focus on dominance, sales, giveaways, contests, etc.[/quote] This seems out of touch with what the userbase has been saying for the better part of the year since the site opened: sales threads are not wanted in our flight forums ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=983495]link one[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1009853]link two[/url]). New players might not be aware of this, and it seems strange to encourage them to commit a faux pas that is widely considered to be spam. It's especially strange, considering that Xhaztol even acknowledged that it is a problem months ago: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2014-01-24 10:29:22"][quote name="Fjaer" date="2014-01-24 10:10:01"]@Aequorin Is there any hope in sight for our flight forums being filled with sales threads? A subforum perhaps?[/quote] @Fjaer: We understand that this is getting slightly out of hand, and will be evaluating a solution. Because our forums are proprietary, it takes more development time to add new ones or alter existing ones, so I'm not able to give any sort of time frame on when that might be, but we are well aware of the need for something different. Thanks![/quote] Back to Amalythia's thread, there is also the bit about mini-modding. So not only are sales threads encouraged, but it would seem "frowned upon" to comment on them saying that the user might have better luck selling them in the flight sales sticky, or whatever. So we now have no ability as a community to address the problem. This isn't a game-breaking issue at all, I get that, but flights are the only private "club" type of feature we have in this game. It really doesn't make any more sense to have sales threads there than it would to have them in Flight Rising Discussion or Dragon Share. Why not encourage people to use the deity-created sales sticky instead?
i would like to comment about @Amalythia's recent forum rules sticky, specifically the part about sales threads in flight forums.

Quote:
but people are free to post any threads to their fellow flightmates regardless of whether they focus on dominance, sales, giveaways, contests, etc.

This seems out of touch with what the userbase has been saying for the better part of the year since the site opened: sales threads are not wanted in our flight forums (link one, link two).

New players might not be aware of this, and it seems strange to encourage them to commit a faux pas that is widely considered to be spam.

It's especially strange, considering that Xhaztol even acknowledged that it is a problem months ago:

Xhaztol wrote on 2014-01-24 10:29:22:
Fjaer wrote on 2014-01-24 10:10:01:
@Aequorin Is there any hope in sight for our flight forums being filled with sales threads? A subforum perhaps?

@Fjaer:

We understand that this is getting slightly out of hand, and will be evaluating a solution. Because our forums are proprietary, it takes more development time to add new ones or alter existing ones, so I'm not able to give any sort of time frame on when that might be, but we are well aware of the need for something different.

Thanks!

Back to Amalythia's thread, there is also the bit about mini-modding. So not only are sales threads encouraged, but it would seem "frowned upon" to comment on them saying that the user might have better luck selling them in the flight sales sticky, or whatever. So we now have no ability as a community to address the problem.

This isn't a game-breaking issue at all, I get that, but flights are the only private "club" type of feature we have in this game. It really doesn't make any more sense to have sales threads there than it would to have them in Flight Rising Discussion or Dragon Share.

Why not encourage people to use the deity-created sales sticky instead?
[quote]Back to Amalythia's thread, there is also the bit about mini-modding. So not only are sales threads encouraged, but it would seem "frowned upon" to comment on them saying that the user might have better luck selling them in the flight sales sticky, or whatever. So we now have no ability as a community to address the problem.[/quote] I found the bit about mini-modding a bit confusing too. It was also addressed in the second WotW, where it was confirmed back then by Aequorin it is OK to politely direct someone to the right forum or thread. Now however, it seems that that isn't ok anymore.. Is that new or have I been doing it wrong the whole time? I though that somewhat rudely forcing someone to go somewhere else with their thread was wrong, but if you pointed out saying 'hi, did you know there was a sales forum especially made for sales threads. You might have better luck there' it was regarded as ok.. And it was also said that notifying mods about thread and getting them (re)moved was wrong if it wasn't your own thread, and now in Amalythia's bit it seems as that is the thing to do now.. Which is kind of confusing.. And Im in doubt whether it is simply a change of rules or whether on or the other was worded ambiguously..? I love helping out, but Im afraid of doing something wrong and being frowned-upon which is the last thing I want to happen. If I need to find some quotes to better explain my point, let me know, then I can do some digging c:
Quote:
Back to Amalythia's thread, there is also the bit about mini-modding. So not only are sales threads encouraged, but it would seem "frowned upon" to comment on them saying that the user might have better luck selling them in the flight sales sticky, or whatever. So we now have no ability as a community to address the problem.

I found the bit about mini-modding a bit confusing too. It was also addressed in the second WotW, where it was confirmed back then by Aequorin it is OK to politely direct someone to the right forum or thread. Now however, it seems that that isn't ok anymore.. Is that new or have I been doing it wrong the whole time? I though that somewhat rudely forcing someone to go somewhere else with their thread was wrong, but if you pointed out saying 'hi, did you know there was a sales forum especially made for sales threads. You might have better luck there' it was regarded as ok..

And it was also said that notifying mods about thread and getting them (re)moved was wrong if it wasn't your own thread, and now in Amalythia's bit it seems as that is the thing to do now.. Which is kind of confusing.. And Im in doubt whether it is simply a change of rules or whether on or the other was worded ambiguously..?

I love helping out, but Im afraid of doing something wrong and being frowned-upon which is the last thing I want to happen.

If I need to find some quotes to better explain my point, let me know, then I can do some digging c:
Why was the Gathering bug, a largely site-wide issue, not made mention of on the front page?

We know the Admins knew about it, but after that, there was radio silence. There was nothing about whether it was fixable yesterday, nothing about whether we would get our turns back and it's frustrating.

Fire fought extremely hard for their Dominance, as did we when this happened the last time, and now they, like us, have been stiffed on their turns. One day of 10 turns and it negates the extras gained from Dominance for the week.

If this happens in the future, it would be nice to see an announcement and an update as to the progress of the issue posted somewhere. I don't know if it was posted in that multi-page thread, I don't have the time to go searching every page of a user-posted thread for updates. They should be readily available. :c
Why was the Gathering bug, a largely site-wide issue, not made mention of on the front page?

We know the Admins knew about it, but after that, there was radio silence. There was nothing about whether it was fixable yesterday, nothing about whether we would get our turns back and it's frustrating.

Fire fought extremely hard for their Dominance, as did we when this happened the last time, and now they, like us, have been stiffed on their turns. One day of 10 turns and it negates the extras gained from Dominance for the week.

If this happens in the future, it would be nice to see an announcement and an update as to the progress of the issue posted somewhere. I don't know if it was posted in that multi-page thread, I don't have the time to go searching every page of a user-posted thread for updates. They should be readily available. :c
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Gaia, @Fjaer, unfortunately not everyone has been as polite about redirecting and we've had to adjust our stance some in order to reign in some of the problems that have been cropping up since the last registration window.

Saying "Oh hi, I see you're new, just in case you didn't know we have a Guides forum and it is over here" is different from "You shouldn't have posted here, this needs to be in Guides/Pinging a moderator to move this to Guides/stop posting this here/stop posting/etc." The former isn't going to get someone in trouble and is totally fine, the latter is mini-modding bordering on outright harassment.

Alerting someone to a tracked thread in Bugs is definitely okay as we need to keep all bug reports in one consolidated spot.

As for contacting mods, we prefer being notified now instead of players telling others what to do. As always, thread moderation is left up to the discretion of the moderator. The team is fairly on top of the forums and we catch the majority of the incorrectly posted threads.

Regarding sales threads, we are aware that there is a desire for sub-forums for Flight-only sales, as Xhaztol said that is going to take time; however, Flight forums are open for all types of threads. If there is forum content you wish to see, we encourage our players to create it - be it discussions, Flight forum games, etc.

@Greyjoy, whenever there is an active bug, we track and monitor feedback in the Bugs forum. That is the first and best place to go for any information on bugs in the game. If we have information, we will most likely highjack the opening post with information for anyone coming into the thread after it hits double digit pages.
@Gaia, @Fjaer, unfortunately not everyone has been as polite about redirecting and we've had to adjust our stance some in order to reign in some of the problems that have been cropping up since the last registration window.

Saying "Oh hi, I see you're new, just in case you didn't know we have a Guides forum and it is over here" is different from "You shouldn't have posted here, this needs to be in Guides/Pinging a moderator to move this to Guides/stop posting this here/stop posting/etc." The former isn't going to get someone in trouble and is totally fine, the latter is mini-modding bordering on outright harassment.

Alerting someone to a tracked thread in Bugs is definitely okay as we need to keep all bug reports in one consolidated spot.

As for contacting mods, we prefer being notified now instead of players telling others what to do. As always, thread moderation is left up to the discretion of the moderator. The team is fairly on top of the forums and we catch the majority of the incorrectly posted threads.

Regarding sales threads, we are aware that there is a desire for sub-forums for Flight-only sales, as Xhaztol said that is going to take time; however, Flight forums are open for all types of threads. If there is forum content you wish to see, we encourage our players to create it - be it discussions, Flight forum games, etc.

@Greyjoy, whenever there is an active bug, we track and monitor feedback in the Bugs forum. That is the first and best place to go for any information on bugs in the game. If we have information, we will most likely highjack the opening post with information for anyone coming into the thread after it hits double digit pages.
will the greenskeeper gathering finish next sunday or on monday due to the bug that happened this morning? since i gathered in the morning (around 1am server time) i didn't get any of the Bladed Flatleafs, and i suspect a few other users didn't get any either
will the greenskeeper gathering finish next sunday or on monday due to the bug that happened this morning? since i gathered in the morning (around 1am server time) i didn't get any of the Bladed Flatleafs, and i suspect a few other users didn't get any either
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
@Riannaleo; usually holidays start on Sunday and end on saturday. This time, due to the problems, it got extended by 1 day and will therefore end on Sunday c:
@Riannaleo; usually holidays start on Sunday and end on saturday. This time, due to the problems, it got extended by 1 day and will therefore end on Sunday c:
A couple of requests about the Off-site Communications post:
1) Could you add some of the newer information? For instance the note that next year will have festival accents instead of skins, which showed up on tumblr.
2) It would be much easier to catch up with if you put new information in new posts rather than editing old ones - that way we could see by the last post date whether something new has been added or not.
A couple of requests about the Off-site Communications post:
1) Could you add some of the newer information? For instance the note that next year will have festival accents instead of skins, which showed up on tumblr.
2) It would be much easier to catch up with if you put new information in new posts rather than editing old ones - that way we could see by the last post date whether something new has been added or not.
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 91 92