Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 92
I'm really curious about any plans to fix the augment stones in the coli. No rush of course, it's just a bit of a tease to see the stat bonus but know that it doesn't actually effect them.
I'm really curious about any plans to fix the augment stones in the coli. No rush of course, it's just a bit of a tease to see the stat bonus but know that it doesn't actually effect them.
@Polluxander, it's on the list.
@Polluxander, it's on the list.
[quote name="nika" date="2014-05-28 23:47:19"]I have a question about Marketplace stocking rates/quantities - are they in any way automatically scaled to the number of players (total or active), or were they adjusted manually during/after the registration window, or are they the same as they were before the registration window?[/quote] Quoting nika's question because I'm concerned about this too. The game has a large enough playerbase now that some apparel is being permanently grabbed by restockers, even some pieces that have been in the game since near the beginning of the site. I'm actually making some pretty consistent profit on reselling these. It's not just the new apparel that's almost impossible to get for Market price. Gene stocks are perfectly fine, in my opinion. Within a week or so, the gene/breed scroll craze for a new release starts to die down. This is because they're very expensive and non-transferable once used. Apparel is a different story. It is cheaper and poses less risk both to the buyer and the seller, since there will inherently be more demand and buying power for a popular type of apparel than there is for genes. Don't like it for the dragon that you bought it for? That's okay, just put it on another one of your dragons, save it for the future, or go sell it to someone else who will do the rest. Apparel needs to stock better, especially since there's a bigger pool of apparel and the chances of the one you want showing up in the Marketplace is lower to begin with. Restocking won't stop, of course, when there's money to be made - but if there is more stuff for restockers to pick up, there's a higher chance that different restockers will be able to grab items, the Auction House prices won't be as controlled, and the price drop will make the apparel more affordable for people who just want to have the apparel. I'd lose a venue of good profit, but I'm perfectly happy with giving that up if it means that people can get stuff they want without trying for months.
nika wrote on 2014-05-28 23:47:19:
I have a question about Marketplace stocking rates/quantities - are they in any way automatically scaled to the number of players (total or active), or were they adjusted manually during/after the registration window, or are they the same as they were before the registration window?

Quoting nika's question because I'm concerned about this too. The game has a large enough playerbase now that some apparel is being permanently grabbed by restockers, even some pieces that have been in the game since near the beginning of the site. I'm actually making some pretty consistent profit on reselling these. It's not just the new apparel that's almost impossible to get for Market price.

Gene stocks are perfectly fine, in my opinion. Within a week or so, the gene/breed scroll craze for a new release starts to die down. This is because they're very expensive and non-transferable once used. Apparel is a different story. It is cheaper and poses less risk both to the buyer and the seller, since there will inherently be more demand and buying power for a popular type of apparel than there is for genes. Don't like it for the dragon that you bought it for? That's okay, just put it on another one of your dragons, save it for the future, or go sell it to someone else who will do the rest. Apparel needs to stock better, especially since there's a bigger pool of apparel and the chances of the one you want showing up in the Marketplace is lower to begin with. Restocking won't stop, of course, when there's money to be made - but if there is more stuff for restockers to pick up, there's a higher chance that different restockers will be able to grab items, the Auction House prices won't be as controlled, and the price drop will make the apparel more affordable for people who just want to have the apparel. I'd lose a venue of good profit, but I'm perfectly happy with giving that up if it means that people can get stuff they want without trying for months.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr, @nika, we are aware and are looking into it. That's all I can say.
@Sylvandyr, @nika, we are aware and are looking into it. That's all I can say.
@Aequorin - Good to know, thank you!
@Aequorin - Good to know, thank you!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Good to know! I hope the situation will improve, then.
Good to know! I hope the situation will improve, then.
[quote name="nika" date="2014-05-27 17:00:52"]Undel said in the Coliseum Familiar Rebalance thread (page 12) that "Festival currency and chests do have a higher drop rate in higher venues." 1) Is this new, or was it also the case for the last festival? (I'm asking because I kept track of my numbers for the last festival, and there seemed to be no difference at all between the Cave and Arena, so if there should have been a difference, the system may be bugged.) 2) Could we get a bit more information about it? How much higher are we talking? (I know, you probably can't say, but I thought I'd ask!) 3) It might be worth putting this somewhere more visible - right now it's buried in the middle of a long thread, but it's actually information that I think a lot of people would like to know! I know the Off-site Communications thread isn't for things that were said on FR, but it would be great if the information buried in various FR threads was gathered somewhere visible as well[/quote] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-05-28 05:57:15"]@Nika, as Undel said, this will all be in an upcoming announcement post. The information was posted in the forum as a means of letting players know what was going on, that it was intended and not a bug.[/quote] The announcement is up, and nothing about festival currency drops was mentioned. Should I wait for another one? The festival isn't going to last that much longer, so it would be nice to get the information.
nika wrote on 2014-05-27 17:00:52:
Undel said in the Coliseum Familiar Rebalance thread (page 12) that "Festival currency and chests do have a higher drop rate in higher venues."
1) Is this new, or was it also the case for the last festival? (I'm asking because I kept track of my numbers for the last festival, and there seemed to be no difference at all between the Cave and Arena, so if there should have been a difference, the system may be bugged.)
2) Could we get a bit more information about it? How much higher are we talking? (I know, you probably can't say, but I thought I'd ask!)
3) It might be worth putting this somewhere more visible - right now it's buried in the middle of a long thread, but it's actually information that I think a lot of people would like to know! I know the Off-site Communications thread isn't for things that were said on FR, but it would be great if the information buried in various FR threads was gathered somewhere visible as well
Aequorin wrote on 2014-05-28 05:57:15:
@Nika, as Undel said, this will all be in an upcoming announcement post. The information was posted in the forum as a means of letting players know what was going on, that it was intended and not a bug.

The announcement is up, and nothing about festival currency drops was mentioned. Should I wait for another one? The festival isn't going to last that much longer, so it would be nice to get the information.
@nika, I apologize, I must have misread your question. Regarding the information in the Coliseum update thread, that made it into the announcement post.

With respect to drop rates, we don't disclose drop rates.
@nika, I apologize, I must have misread your question. Regarding the information in the Coliseum update thread, that made it into the announcement post.

With respect to drop rates, we don't disclose drop rates.
@Aequorin thank you for all the hard work.
@Aequorin thank you for all the hard work.
I apologize if this has already been asked @Aequorin, but is the 10 Broken Bottle-> 1 Penny Jar going to be reimplemented? I kind of have 1439 Broken Bottles I've been hoarding in the event it is and it might be helpful to know if this hoarding has been in vain. On a similar note, are the broken pottery pieces getting a similar trade eventually?
I apologize if this has already been asked @Aequorin, but is the 10 Broken Bottle-> 1 Penny Jar going to be reimplemented? I kind of have 1439 Broken Bottles I've been hoarding in the event it is and it might be helpful to know if this hoarding has been in vain. On a similar note, are the broken pottery pieces getting a similar trade eventually?
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 92