Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73 74
ok first off [b]apologies that this took so long[/b] I kept getting distracted, and my mc server was struggling thanks to my own stupidity and it took like two hours when it shouldve just taken ten minutes BUT ANYWAYS I promised this mid d1, and I wanted to get it out, ESPECIALLY with everything happening over the course of this morning. Welcome friends, to my comprehensive readlist covering literally everything people have said, going post by post, definitely not at all for the sake of I wanted to see if I could beat my record of 11 pages in google docs. [s]spoiler alert, i did[/s] [b]Post started at 5:07pm CST[/b] ----- @mcpearlie hhhjkahsdfj hiiiiii mcpearlie. I'm quite certain I already have, but I also just wanna apologize again for the last game we played hjakdshfakd because I was VERY MUCH at the front of the mob that lynched you anyways 6/7 posts made in this game could arguable be considered fluff posts. Saying hi, commenting with general agreement / no extra perspectives / or very bare bones answering a question / replying to a comment. The one post I really think had any meat to it was: [quote name="mcpearlie" date="2023-04-24 18:51:45" ] alright lemme put my thoughts out there this is my third overall mafia game, and my first insane role madness. my personal thought is that we should wait. why you may ask? i feel like the very nature of a role madness is risky. eliminating random people can have potentially really negative consequences for us, for example if the person we vote out has like. a revenge card or smth. obviously if we get a really solid lead on d1, i might reconsider, but for now im holding out on voting. hopefully if anyone has any detective-like abilities they can lead us in the right direction next round . id like to hear everyone else’s thoughts on this (edit: whoops got ninjad by flavor while writing this) [/quote] This is a pretty good perspective. Role madness means we could have anything. From "converts whoever kills them" (I swear I've seen that somewhere in the wiki) to "Granny with a shotgun" (literally my favorite irl (of the walking around a dark building variety) mafia role.) who takes out the person that kills them. There could be a role that causes problems for us if we vote them out, we have no idea. Now this [b]isn't said to discourage elimming pls dont take it that way[/b], I'm just saying for a [b]d1-elim[/b] perspective, it's a good one, because going in we knew literally nothing about what could happen in the night, it would have been a full on shot in the dark. We've got a bit more to go off of after some extra lores and what not, and now we're able to make better decisions! (hopefully -skull-) BUT mcpearlie, I'd really love to hear more from you. I want to hear your thoughts on players / whats been happening. You've been very quiet (though certainly not the quietest player here) and I really would like to hear what you've got to say ^w^ ((May not mean much coming from me considering the last game, but this is /gen i swear)) I do understand having school tho, I'm in the same boat hhjksahdfjkasdhf For now, [b]Neutral, slightest barely scum lean[/b] just considering the amount of stuff that has happened, with the barest of comments. ----- @/Tanglefire I know she's dead, but I'm just gonna skim through her stuff anyways, see if there's anything that really stands out to me ^w^'''' Not going to quote the little posts, but she does: - Encourage people to speak up - warn against roleclaiming - provides links for the newcomers - warns against trying to guess names - warns against making leans purely on dialogue [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2023-04-25 03:41:24" ] I meant searching for mafia later among the people who are simply putting storm-ains-market only . Not among the trio themselves. Yes some might change it up a little bit by adding some more towny reads/feeling neutral on one of the trio. But in a 18 (17 if we don’t count mod) game? Which means around 3 - 5 mafia? Idk I just feel like there’s bound to be at least one maf among those. [/quote] Ok so this was the first post that stuck out to me now that we know Tangle has died and that there's something going on with Storm (been refreshing as I type) So I'm thinking that if Market is being honest, and Storm and Tangle were not the same alignment, then it is possible that Storm is with the maf, and committed a Tangle!murder because she called it very early on. It is ALSO possible that mafia committed a Tangle!Murder because they wanted to *pin* the blame on one of the trio, and Storm is a 3p. Tangle also later said this: [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2023-04-25 10:31:53" ] I townread Storm because she seems like town!storm so far. She was one of those active very early and guided everyone quite a bit, so I’m not surprised that ppl find her town leaning. Might be worth taking a look why ppl townleaned storm later. [/quote] Could have been making Maf team nervous, because lets be real here guys, Tangle is really good at hunting down the littlest of clues. There's a reason she's repping us for the mafia championships thingie that i know the bare minimum about because college lmao Tangle's been playing mafia for a good while, and so the threat of having her do a deep dive on a maf member, they might have decided to risk killing her sooner, rather than dealing with her later. [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2023-04-25 20:07:59" ] That said @/mcpearlie do you really have no thoughts or reads? It doesn’t have to be very detailed. I will love to hear even your gut feelings. Feel free to take a look at the player list and just list whatever impression/feeling you have of everyone. If that person didn’t leave an impression just say it as well! I don’t wanna elim you again over little posting because I’m slightly lenient to newbies. But if empty posting keeps up in the next few days I would consider elim/requesting vig kill on you. [/quote] In the same line of thinking, she also mentions to mcpearlie that she really wants to hear from her, lest she starts thinking about elimming / trying to get vig to kill her. Tangle also has similar wary "willingness to elim if given enough reason" vibes for Marketplace, but I cover all that down below. One of Tangle's final messages, she states "Feel like might die" Which means I think something she said, hit mafia a bit too close to home. Now, to speculate, I don't think there's too much of a possibility that Tangle had the ability to [b]publicly reveal[/b] others alignments AS WELL AS [b]flip opposite[/b]. Which means, it's hard confirmed that yes, Tangle truthfully was town, and Fil likewise, is truthfully town. [b][color=green]Town[/color][/b] (rest in peace) ----- @/ArtMajor Oh hey look its me lol I aint goin deep dive on myself it took me 40 minutes to write everything above I'm not wasting anymore time hhhhajksdhfjkadfhajfd someone send help, please. ----- @Ainsell There was a LOT happening with speculation around Ainsell. There were a LOT of people reading them as town after literally only having made 2 posts. But after more...recent events, I'm more inclined to believe that Ainsell is in alignment with NPC!Storia. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-25 07:02:01" ] ... At least it provided us with data, I guess? I'm really worried about sheeping here. Please don't just pick people that feel 'safe' to pick! If you have a gut feeling that someone who seems pretty random is town, put them out there! I always play helpful regardless of alignment. Please make your own conclusions! Know exactly why you think the way you do and what convinced you. This is an 18 player game. There are far too many people likely to not be on your side. [/quote] "I always play helpful regardless of alignment" "There are far too many people likely to not be on your side" Knowing some of the more info we have now, these lines really stand out to me. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-25 08:05:21" ] - Lightning event: I don't have much new to say on it that hasn't been said, I think. If the person Storia refers to is an actual person in-game (what I personally am leaning toward based on her post/replies), I'm wondering if they [i]had[/i] to be cryptic for whatever reason. Maybe they have something on their rolecard that says they can't be outright about whatever they're trying to say or they're trying to keep their identity a secret or something. [/quote] Same here, Ainsell said they were leaving hints, and I think this was one of them. They've stated that they HAVE to be cryptic. They know things, and can't tell us them outright, but they can be cryptic, and leave us clues. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-27 08:48:04" ] Alright- I'm out for a bit today but I'm going to go ahead and be a little cryptic again. I have a little bit of information that others might not. I highly suggest not killing our mod. That goes for both elims and kills, and that includes town and mafia. The being in the crystal is wracked with her guilt over pre-game events and does not trust herself; what she has said as fact so far is true to the best of my knowledge. If you go for the mod here, it's going to end up incredibly poorly for pretty much everyone involved. This isn't a threat from me; this is information I have. [/quote] I agree with Ainsell here. ESPECIALLY now that we know they're aligned with NPC!Storia. Ainsell clearly knows things, even if they cant tell us. If they're saying we shouldn't kill the mod here, then we need to *listen*. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-27 09:05:48" ] I was planning on giving out some information since Tangle was wondering anyway and then Tangle was killed so now I'm just full chaotic good ig. Town gonna kick butt here and I'm going to do my best to make sure of it. @/Storia I am not allowed to say your name but I AM allowed to be cryptic and weird about it. So much of this game of stories is based in some truth. Storia is the name someone outside uses- but in here? It's different. And it's far closer than everyone thinks. [/quote] Again, all signs point to Ainsell being a 3p, aligning themselves with town. As for the clue left here, I feel like "Storia" is someone [b]heavily[/b] involved in the lore. [quote name="Ainsell" date="2023-04-27 11:46:02" ] @CaptainTsundere I can confirm that neither the goddess nor the narrative have said her name. In puzzles and strange questions, it's always worth considering the literal. I have my own wincon, but it is by no means a threat to town or mafia. Quite the opposite, honestly- I can't really get into detail on how that works, but you might be able to logic it out by now. I'm deciding who I want to help here and assisting with moving along the narrative in play. Me having the role I have means that gets interesting- for me, all of you, AND our lovely narrator/mod. [/quote] My thoughts here are that Ainsell's wincon is: "Be alive with mod!god at the end of the game". Not really dependent on either side, just "keep npc!storia alive". Its not a threat, AND if npc!storia's side can be *swayed*....? [b]3rd Party[/b] ----- @Lyrelore Guys please send help I'm at the hour mark hhhaskdjfh IM NOT EVEN A QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH WHY AHSDJKFHADSKFA [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-24 15:31:12" ] (i don't think you should ever completely take someone out of the equation unless they're 100% confirmed town by like a role investigator who died and flipped town or something), [/quote] Don't mind me dying at this comment, coNSIDERING WHAT HAS HAPPENED HHHJKADHSFJ Lyre has been very consistent in its playstyle. I think I've been in every game he's been in since his first? Good ol Traitors Keep lmao unless you'd been in one before that, I can't remember its been a HOT minute. Anyways, it's still very consistent, being helpful to people, going in STRONG with the readlists. [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-25 08:50:22" ] i realized after i posted it that my "ISO list" might've read that way but i didn't want to make another post just adding onto that one - by no means am i trying to encourage people to do ISOs, especially not on the entire playerbase (there are 17/18 players, that's a lot of reading, especially for the most active ones and especially now) [/quote] .... ........ *clears throat* moving on uhhh I do appreciate you pointing out that something I'd said that Deity found slightly sus, Tanglefire had ALSO mentioned (altho later), I do appreciate you poking him on that ^w^ [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-27 08:50:46" ] oh great tangle was murdered >:( that's gonna suck, she was really in the discussion. we do have Fil as a conftown now, so that's good. i don't think there's really any denying that. Tangle flipped town, and it'd be weird to have a combo godfather*/cop, i think, so either Fil is town or they're godfather... i think. correct me if i'm wrong. *i'm thinking of the mafia role that makes you show up as town when you're investigated. the first thing i thought of was "priest", because that's what my role was called when i was said mafia that shows up as town on investigation (insert horrible flashbacks of my first time being maf here), and "necromancer" was the town that showed up as maf on investigation. i THINK the default name for the former is godfather, but again, please correct me if i'm wrong i do not know normal mafia LOL ok great, those are my first thoughts, time to read through stuff [/quote] Yes! I had the same thoughts originally, but after thinking it out, I do agree that its not very likely. So conftown Tangle and Fil. You did also do a VERY elaborate study on speculation over CutBug, not gonna quote it, but I do think you might've been onto *something* I just dont know what that something is yet [b]Leaning Town[/b] ----- @Viskara [b]24 posts[/b] [quote name="Viskara" date="2023-04-24 10:30:52" ] [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-24 10:07:06" ] @/Viskara character names probably won't help much in the scumhunting process because they'll be revealed when someone is already out of the game (at best, if it's in the roleflip). about your stance on d1 elims, may i ask what do you believe is sufficient basis to vote someone out, if d1 ones are superficial guesses? especially due to the chaotic nature of the game, night results aren't always reliable (i.e redirections etc)! :o[/quote] Sure, like you said scumhunting and inspecting people and their behaviour in general, happens by discussing. I believe on D1 you still overall lack information about each other, since it's mostly brainstorming. If you're dead set on voting out someone you search for every little hint, word or opinion that [u]could[/u] be sus, but maybe are just statements thrown into the room for the sake of discussing. Besides I believe the killers will do anything to not be sus, so they will watch their words more carefully than townies. Throwing a townie out just so you have discussion material in exchange for a potentially great ally with an even better ability is like shooting yourself in the foot and at the same time, helping the killers. [/quote] I like this post, like, it's good content, but something about it just feel weird to me. Idk, probably nothing, I just hhjakhsdf something about it bothers me. [quote name="Viskara" date="2023-04-25 04:29:22" ] My top townreads are: - Achromaticism This is mainly based on his isos, which are well documented and thought out. [b]He doesn't jump to conclusion[/b] however cas points out statements to be wary of, while giving good reasons. His other posts also seem fine. [/quote] This also struck me as odd, as I said in d1. You stated that Achrom didn't jump to conclusions, while he had a read on Ainsell after theyd only made two posts. (Three if we could the cryptic lightning message). And I know you did explain yourself to me, but it just...it still stands out in my mind. You are just...yeah you're sat up on my fence xP [b]Neutral[/b] ----- @Marketplace In mews townleans, she puts Ainsell towards town, and Tangle towards scum. It might not mean anything, but I just found it kinda interesting. [quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-25 02:03:41" ] storm made a good point about why she sees tangle as townlean, actually! this suspicion may just be undue, and i'll keep looking for signals from tangle for both directions. now that tangle's back, my one suspicion about her, that being how she didn't really comment on situational matters, is no longer a problem with her helping to prod along discussion on reads. i just woke up so my brain is at like 40% but tangle is WAY less suspicious now. stormdreamer bringing up her skill level and how this very well could be us getting played does influence my read. tangle, to me, right now, feels neutral, with a weak town alignment. [/quote] This post really just reads as "Yes!! Storm town, storm good, I trust storm" and i so sorry but if you hadn't revealed the "Storm and Tangle aren't the same alignment" bit, I really would have started reading you in a team of some kind with Storm. BUT Considering you have this post, and then LATER stated that "Hey yeah yknow Tangle? Her and Storm are not on the same team", I'm actually a lot more inclined to believe you. [quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-27 13:53:24" ] i need to do a bit of quick pondering over storm. she is not town storm this game, due to the confirmation of tangle as having been town. [/quote] You also have this, which further supports the above quote, and what I said about it. So given that we've established that you went into your read thinking that Storm was the townie, and that Tangle later flipped town:: [quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-27 14:00:14" ] @viskara it wasn't anything tangle said, actually! it was my ability that did all the hard work. i can detect when two players match alignment. tangle and storm did not, despite the consensus both were town. [/quote] This becomes very, VERY believable. Also, lets be real, why would a mafia say "Storm is not town(tm)" using Tangle's town flip as proof. It'd be more likely tht they'd try to put a divide on two townies, saying that two random people aren't on the same team. I don't think they'd use one of the mafia themselves, since thats *very* easily disproven upon death of both those players. [quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-27 14:16:52" ] [quote name="CaptainTsundere" date="2023-04-27 14:11:40" ] interesting, but ouch on the number of targets going up today (ostensibly). @/marketplace can you elaborate on why you chose those two for your ability last night? [/quote] i actually thought the opposite was going to happen! i was sort of expecting the result, but with tangle's confirmation, i'm INCREDIBLY surprised it went the other way. i still thought tangle was a bit suspicious and thought "hm, if i compare tangle against storm i could get more certain on my townread on tangle" because on day 1, everyone thought storm was like the most town anyone could get. i probably wouldn't have noticed storm was not town until way later had tangle not died. [/quote] AGAIN Further support. There were...what 8? people townreading Storm d1. Storm was a pretty safe read of town to base for your ability. I see no reason for Market to be making this elaborate of a lie, to knock out *one* townie before mew would get lynched mewself. [b]Town[/b] ----- @CaptainTsundere Bless all y'all with the fewer post count i actually am grateful it makes my job easier here. Also huge thank you for compiling everyones pronouns, it's available on page 12 for you guys, or you can also just [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/12#post_54038165]boop[/url] But for some reason I'm really not able to get a read off of Cap? You've got good speculation, and you make good comments, but something just hhhhjahsdkjfhsadkfhajsdkfhjaksdhfjah Like there's nothing that I can point to that gives me Yes! Town! Or HHH! Sus!! vibes. Its just hhhjkasdhf Idk [b]Neutral[/b] ----- @KungFuCutBug Puts Ainsell, Storm, and Market in for top town reads based on activity, again a bit weird given how spotty ainsell was early d1, but its from a post later enough in d1 that im willing to let it slide, especially since ey later realized the same thing, that Ainsell hadn't posted as much as ey'd thought. [PAUSED HERE AT 6:50 PM CST] [RESUMED AT 8:55 PM CST] Dont mind those. Upon taking a moment to review eir posts, CutBug had this to say: [quote name="KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-25 11:03:16" ] I apologize for the poor choice in wording there, I realize now Ains hadn't made as many posts as I thought when I said that—but the main point I was trying to make in the post wasn't about how many posts Ains and Market were making, it was how much information they had put [i]into[/i] their posts, and Ains & Market both had put a lot of helpful information/interesting speculation into the posts they'd made without much fluff or filler I will say I'm a bit less confident in my Storm read in particular now given the heavier prevalence of fluff and an earlier post where she was encouraging the newbies not to townread her [i]just[/i] because Ains did too on the offhand chance they're both mafia—many a truth is spoken in jest? although I don't think she'd throw her maf partner under the bus like that if they [i]were[/i] working together I just woke up so my "new reads" will have to wait until I'm a little less tired, and hopefully less nervous as well [/quote] Which is very interesting. After actually studying out the people ey'd been thinking of, ey came to the conclusion that Ainsell and Market were more likely to be town, and Storm's view is now a little more shakey. [quote name="KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-27 11:11:01" ] so! I'm apparently under fire for being put in and out of stasis last night entirely beyond my control, is that it? I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea what that was about and thought I had actually died and came back when I first saw the trigger, since both me being put in stasis and being brought out of it happened while I was asleep—I had to contact the ModGod privately to make sure that wasn't the case I'm actually kind of curious to see if anyone would like to claim responsibility for the cleanse, but at the same time I'm aware that doing so could possibly put them in a precarious position, considering if they're town (or even a town-aligned neutral) then the mafia could just kill them to prevent them from using their ability again in case it isn't only a limited amount of times per game [/quote] Ok so, you don't really have a reason to lie about this, unless the stasis was some kind of literal sleeper agent thing (mafia who is frozen at night, unless interacted with and then they convert whoever did it) but that just...that feels a *bit* unlikely? Ok more than a bit. You have no reason to lie about what happened to you, unless you have something to hide, but at present, tbh I'm not inclined to believe you do? [quote name="KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-27 11:16:16" ] I am going to go ahead and say I don't know who stasis'd or freed me, so if anyone was looking to recruit me to their side—sorry to say but you did kind of a bad job at it :p [/quote] [quote name="KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-27 11:34:50" ] [quote name="@Achromaticism" date="2023-04-27 11:27:02" ] Right, so you weren't responsible for the stasis or cleanse- duly noted! Though, beyond that, I'm not entirely sure your being unaware of it happening is all that relevant? None of us know who might've done something to us until it's announced by the mod. [/quote] well, people were suggesting that it might've been one of [i]my own[/i] passives that got me out of stasis, weren't they? or was I misinterpreting that earlier? either way, that's why I brought it up, and if it's irrelevant then that's on me, sorry as for the cult thing, I will once again reiterate that I do not know who stasis'd or freed me, and my role and alignment have not changed—so if there [i]is[/i] a cult faction, I am at present entirely unaware of it, and if a member of the cult did indeed free me from stasis then they are not an infecting/converting type of role (not saying the cult itself isn't infecting/converting, but the person who freed me must not be) [/quote] To me, in these statements especially, you read like a very confused townie, who's just...glad to not be frozen, whatever that entails. You read like someone who's relieved, and unsure. Which, if you are a scumteam, then congrats on your excellent acting, but I'm...not getting that out of you. [quote name="KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-27 11:57:06" ] right now, my two big suspicions for why I was put in stasis to begin with are either - someone else said for me to be put in stasis during the day, or - (less likely but still a possibility that I don't want to entirely dismiss) something I said triggered a word bomber ability that led to me being """"punished"""" for it [/quote] I do agree that these are definitely the most likely, and personally, I'm leaning towards the first, but I could easily be swayed to believe the second, especially if we get more random things happening at the end of the day. However, I feel like if you wordbombed it, it would have been more a lightning event to freeze you from submitting actions during the day, instead of overnight. There's a few things that could be you lying (Especially the conversion thing. Idk, some of the lore has me stuck picking at it) but overall, I'm more inclined to believe that you are...town helpful? [b]Neutral, leaning town[/b] ----- @Fil I'm not going to go to deep into this one. If you want to know why, read my Tangle deep-dive, on why I think the flips were accurate. [quote name="Fil" date="2023-04-24 15:02:25" ] As somebody who only played mafia on this website, I'm only exposed on the mafia culture of FR. I remember the slogan of the IMH, "If in doubt, lynch." Elimination is usually the only way town can fight mafia and it's important that it be used often and effectively. Maybe there's town roles with killing abilities here. [/quote] I don't really have anything to say *per say* about this post, but I do think its a good point. Odds are, with this many players, there's a sheriff or two of SOME kind. Or like I mentioned...somewhere up there, maybe a Granny or whatever else I wrote several hours ago idk ive kinda lost track at this point tbh. I just wanted to be like, hey guys, we're not entirely helpless. We just gotta...figure out who is bad so we can be like "alright guys, shoot em up" yknow [quote name="Fil" date="2023-04-25 04:26:02" ] I don't believe I'm qualified to make real long analysis posts. [/quote] LIES /nm /lh Please, it doesn't have to be long, it DEFINITELY doesnt have to be something like what I've done here. But any sort of analysis is great, it gives us an idea of what you're thinking, and how you're perceiving people, and may give us an angle we hadn't thought of before. You were also one of the first ones to notice the "Why is Ainsell being townread theyve made two posts??" thing, so kudos!! /gen [b][color=green]Confirmed Town[/color][/b] ----- @Temmeh Ok real fast genuine question here...you mention Town of Salem "and other deductive games" I have a slight addiction to this sort of game, sometime could you please feed me the intel on what games youve played -eyes- Something I've noticed is that you tend to just...agree? You've got a few posts scattered in there where you say things like "I was going to say...but you've already come to the same conclusion" or "I agree with x"[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/20#post_54045297]this post[/url] in particular really stood out to me as...you kinda just...fluffing? Like it reads as you're trying to look like you're making a contribution, but I step away having read it not entirely sure what that contribution is. Now, you do say something here: [quote name="Temmeh" date="2023-04-25 20:17:21" ] + also a quick follow up to my previous post(s) i just wanted to clarify that im aware ive been kind of lumping everyone as a whole as the people analyzing these posts when in reality there are a few that have been not as involved or outspoken about reads on other players (like me for example). as i said in some earlier posts and im going to repeat here, my personal reason i chalk it up to is that im just not used to this in depth message analysis as its SIGNIFICANTLY larger in scope compared to what im used to on simpler mafia games like town of salem T-T [/quote] That does make sense. I've played a bit of town of salem. IT IS SO FRIGGIN FAST PACED There's not the *time* for these detailed posts we've been making, and CERTAINLY NOT THIS ONE RIGHT HERE. You could be trying to blend in, you could be trying to keep up with this very different pace. It's a 50/50 for me, but I would like to see your take on some things, especially the more recent stuff [b]Neutral[/b] ----- @Riverlight0 So, I get it. I've been there. All you guys in here from my first game of mafia, good old Traitors Keep....My wifi BUSTED on campus right as the game was starting, and I wasn't able to join the game until either n1 or d2 i forget the exacts. But your first post reads as....reaLLY??? REALLY WEIRD??? to me. Like I'm so sorry, you've just gotten here and I'm going to absolutely grill you I apologize in advance. [quote name="Riverlight0" date="2023-04-27 14:06:53" ] Whoops didn't post!!! Sorry, but this is... interesting. First death!!! Identity revealed!!! [/quote] This right here. This is the entire quote of what you have posted thus far. ""Whoops didnt post"" There were several pings made, several comments stated of "Hey is River ok, do we know" But you're just...like "Yeah sorry forgot lol" which implies that...you've been here....reading at least *some* of whats been happening. And that is seriously setting of the ?????? radar in my brain. Now, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, and not instantly scumread you the second you speak. I would really *really* love to hear more from you. In depth thoughts, an introduction, your past experience, and [b]why[/b] you just...didn't post. ??? [b]Neutral, barest of scum leans for sheer amount of ????????? being set off rn[/b] ----- @FeebleNeedle So, we have her introduction, a "wow ok people want me to be talkative :D" post, which yes!!! talkative good. Talkative lets people like me do things like this that make us lose our sanity :D /j but after that...its a LOT of fluff posts. even in one of the first ones that i would consider meaty, all you really say is "Huh that's interesting....anyways uh yeah I got nothing" a little more fluff, and then this one: [quote name="FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-27 08:29:43" ] My own notes + thoughts regarding what’s occurred/the flavor - The Night 1 flavor is from modgod’s POV, Cutbug’s for the Lightning Event flavor, and modgod’s again for the Day 2 flavor - Quinn could be a character name being neutral and related to modgod, Quadrivial is a character name and is killing neutral/evil - We are described as being humans during the Day, but different beings at Night. Maybe all of the roles are inhuman? Doesn’t matter much, but it’s interesting - I believe analyzing flavor is a good way of finding new info. It’s not worth discussing in too much depth, but throwing around ideas might make us find something, and it helps establish some facts and tentatives to give basis for our other discussions - Somebody has a Day-choosing ability to simultaneously roleblock and shield players at Night (not ruling Cutbug out as this player) - Somebody - other than Cutbug - has an ability to cleanse/remove effects from players. There may be side effects? Possibly may be applicable during Day as well as Night, not sure [/quote] I love this!! please, more of analysis, analysis doesnt have to be what im doing here, where as of writing this we've broken 12 pages in google docs ((that does count formatting tho, cuz im paranoid about losing everything like i almost did)) its a pretty short post, but you do call out some things that were really interesting!! specifically: ""- We are described as being humans during the Day, but different beings at Night. Maybe all of the roles are inhuman? Doesn’t matter much, but it’s interesting"" Actually yeah this is kinda interesting. Even if it is only relevant to the lore, and has no impact on the game at all, you did catch this detail, and it shows you've got a good eye for the little things! Good skills to have, especially in a game such as this! ""- I believe analyzing flavor is a good way of finding new info. It’s not worth discussing in too much depth, but throwing around ideas might make us find something, and it helps establish some facts and tentatives to give basis for our other discussions"" We've had Ainsell essentially confirm that there is *something* to be gained from the lore writings, so even if we dont discuss it in depth, I agree that it is good to study, and make reference to. Especially later on once we know a little more about what goes bump in the night, y'know? You also went out and confirmed that: [quote name="FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-27 08:48:32" ] Looking back, I’ve found out that, yep, Town/Evil is referred to as Hero/Villain. Not sure about neutrals. If you’re curious, this is most obvious in the story at the signups thread [/quote] There are "town" aligned people, who are evil. We need to keep this in mind y'all. IS Hero/Villain the "mafia"/scumteam, or are they traitors / separate team? there ARE 18 of us, the idea of multiball has been mentioned before. Overall, I'm getting really mixed signals, so until we see which way the wind blows...[b]Neutral[/b] ----- @Deify First sets of posts feel a *little* fluffy, but it was really early in d1, so im willing to overlook it. [quote name="Deify" date="2023-04-24 20:05:06" ] I think that I don't have any town leans right now simply because I feel like everyone I've seen talking has made very valid points and opinions. Everyone feels town to me now. Obviously not everyone is town though. [/quote] I relate to this message so frickin much you have no idea. You then spend two posts saying that *LATER* you'll explain your thoughts on Storm. You are then, one of the only people (correct me if im wrong here) to still defend Storm as townie after doing a dive on her posts. You did poke me on my wording about something which I do appreciate! I then explained my reasoning, and you seemed pretty chill with it. [quote name="Deify" date="2023-04-27 08:58:04" ] 2. Do we all turn into mythical beings at night? It feels implied so. The elf died (RIP Tangle) and we have Fil revealed as Chimera. That's at least two mythical beings. I'm not 100% familiar with the role of Chimera myself or the role of elf. These two are new roles to me. Going to have to go see if I can find anything on the wiki somewhere about them hah. And maybe find other roles I'm not familiar with. 4. [quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-27 06:15:25" ] "What can you do now, Goddess? You can't even speak. You can't even look at your so called "heroes" in the eyes. All you have is your stupid winged h-" [/quote] This line sticks out to me. I don't think the cut off word is hero. Since that word was already used. Also, "winged h-" a clue to Quinn's identity perhaps? Well, not identity but role. [/quote] These two things from your post really stuck out to me, especially tied in with uhhhhhh whoever it was that pointed out that we're all inhumans turning into humans (Im so sorry my brain is mush ive been working on this for three hours total now please help me) You're also the first one the connect "winged h-" to [b]role[/b] instead of identity. Unless I missed / havent gotten to something yet. Overall, some mehs some huhs, not really sure what to do with you yet. [b]Neutral[/b] ----- @Achromaticism [b]nine[/b] fluff posts in a row right at the start, with your first meaty post being a bit where you town lean ainsell, storm, feeble, and market. Not too bad, but not...really that fulfilling, yknow? You do then shift over and make a really nice readlist. Including poking at me for my phrasing, which I did explain i think...if not i explained it to someone else so hopefully you saw hhjksadhf A few more fluff posts,a nd then you finish off the readlist. You show good signs of analysis and notetaking which is really good in a game like this, but I'd like to see you apply it more than just large readlists ^w^'' You spend a bit of time just answering people, clarifying, not too bad. You do reference your own sheeping a bit, selfawareness is good ! Just be careful not be like ""hahahh yeahhhh sorry i was sheeping"" -kicks sheepskin behind doorframe- you do have a nice most recent post as im writing this, so im just gonna lump my response to it in here :3 [quote name="Achromaticism" date="2023-04-27 18:52:29" ] dang, ok,,,, love coming back to so much new info my brain restarts like a windows vista. So here's a bit of IIOA by way of my running list of current known/speculated likely roles, updated w/ the minimal stuff I've managed to absorb. Lemme know if I missed anything. - Fil -> Gingerbread Man/Chimera -> Conftown -> Not asking - Ains -> (Theorized to be Quinn/Pegasus, let's just,, leave this be,,,) -> Neutral 3P -> Cryptic mod announcements; lightning - Marketplace -> ?? -> ?? -> Role comparison - Storm -> ??/?? -> Neutral or anti-town -> ?? - ?? -> ??/Medusa, Gorgon or Basilisk? ->?? -> Jailor-type - ?? -> ??/Some sort of fairy? -> Maybe neutral -> Cleanses status conditions; lightning - ?? -> Quadrivial/?? -> Anti-town- maybe maf? -> Night killing - - Modgod -> Passive? not sure honestly,,, - Tanglefire -> Ham/Elf -> Town -> Some sort of communicative/investigative role Still not sure what to make of the lightning announcement. Which arguments are circular and which are worth pursuing exactly...? [/quote] I do like the analysis of the creatures and the connection to their abilities, and it could give us some ideas of whats in play. Not going to speculate too much here, because I don't want to help the scumteam xP I'll be honest there's something pinging in like, the primal parts of my brain but idk what it is and its getting really close to bedtime so imma wrap it up with [b]Neutral - slightest barest scum lean im honestly not entirely sure why[/b] ----- @Stormdreamer I HAD. SUCH. A FRICKIN GOOD POST FOR HERE PLANNED. AND THEN YOU WENT AND HASHDKJFHADKHJKHJKHJKHKHK Ok lets just go in order deep breaths art, deep breaths. You do start the game off like you usually do, in my past experience. Very town friendly. However, there's something a bit off. You spend a LOT of time on fluff posts. and tbh, you still do. I'm going to primarily focus on the meaty ones. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/11#post_54037296]this post[/url] is what I think I would identify as your first really...meaty post. You give some good speculation, and ask for peoples top two townreads. After which uhhh a lot of people...start putting you up there. Which makes sense, you have a very friendly mannerism in your posts, and you've been a steady fluffy, cheerful face. It makes sense that people would want to townread you. But you just...something isnt quite lining up for me. It feels like in past games, you've been a bit more on the aggressive town side of things? You promised a read on the people who townread you but uhhhh i havent seen that? Would be kinda interested in that tbh [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-27 07:05:21" ] that being said, if cutbug was indeed freed from stasis by another player, i think there is a possiblity that cutbug might be mafia, or in some other informed minority faction. i don't think cutbug was very town-read so i don't entirely see why someone from town would try to free cutbug from stasis, seeing as it's essentially a roleblock? [/quote] This is a good point, I'll give you that. I do still think there's more going on with that stasis free than we're seeing, but we dont really know how to get more of that information (or at least i dont) so uhhh yeah. At this point in the night, due to the whole alignment comparison, I was very willing to be like "Welp yeah, you're either 3p or mafia, but probably mafia" AND THEN YOU GO AND SAY THIS [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-27 19:55:56" ] hello!! how wonderful to wake up and see a healthy dose of suspicion on me mmmmmmm *sips it up like the blood of my enemies* i do believe market's role ability and their results are in line with what i'd expect, given tangle's town flip! sadly, as much as i wish to be such, i am not mafia. i am, in fact, town! but! i have a rather inconvenient passive ability that makes me show as mafia if investigated. :') i can do a full roleclaim if it helps, but we have quite a number of revealed roles here already for day 2 and i don't want to give mafia too much information. its my last day of cooleg classes (im graduating soon)! so i might be busy with that, but i'll be happy to answer any questions later! [/quote] I'm hhhhhsdjhfjkdashfkasdfhadhfka Now, we know this sort of passive exists, it's been talked about in relation to Tangle. But this just feels....to convenient?? Like, Market just so happened to hit the one person who would flip as evil???? I dont know. I would LOVE to believe it, but compared to how you've been acting through the rest of the game I...can't in good confidence put you there. [b]Neutral, leaning scum-*aligned*[/b] even if not necessarily scumteam (Multiball, remember) ----- @Zikitty So firstly, I really would recommend you sub to the thread. I know its a lot of notifs, but its way too easy to miss something if you're just skimming from your last thread, or going off pings. Idk if someone already told you this but yeah You have some good speculation on the masks from that d1 lightning event You mention you're not feeling confident enough to post your reads on people, but PLEASE even if its the most shakey thing in the world please do tell us -sob- I know you said they were based on activity but ID TAKE IT PLEASE SHARE HHSDKJAFHAJKDF I do get that you're very limited in your activity time though, and I do hope alls goin good! I love your speculation over Pegasus, and the connection between the mortal and immortal realms!! I don't really have enough to go off of for you, so uh..yeah xP [b]Neutral[/b] ----- @Storia OH BLESS IM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST FINALLY No offense meant my beloved NPC!Storia, I really do love you, but i am dead tired i have a powerpoint due on tuesday that i should be doing but nope im in my fourth and a half hour on this flipping post hhahsdfjkhadfj /nm SO! NPC!Storia is taking no sides. She seems a bit more confident at the start, and seems to be losing this confidence as the game goes on. [quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-24 10:22:36" ] [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-24 10:18:04" ] ...so the thing becomes like this: [code][quote name="@/Storia" date="2023-04-24 09:43:51" ] im vewy evil uwu [/quote][/code] [/quote] [size=4][font=century gothic]Again, a false statement. I honestly wish I was evil. Right now though, sadly, I am just an unaligned being. Sleep well though. [emoji=aether sleepy size=1] [/quote] She also confirms that she is neutral at the moment, but the "right now" implies that she could be swayed to a certain party. [s]join the heroes Storia, we have taco bell /j[/s] She confirms that she is only a messenger, and doesn't know who the d1 lightning message came from, which means that the connection between Quinn and Ainsell may not be as strong as suspected?? Idk its too late for this lmao But, going into D2, Storia has this to say: [quote name="Storia" date="2023-04-27 07:16:37" ] I'd suggest that you trust no one. I do not trust even myself. [/quote] Which means overnight, SOMETHING happened. It could have been what we saw in lore, it could be something...more? But right now...I think Storia is still neutral. This could change tho [b]3p / True Neutral / Unaligned[/b] ----- AAAAAAAAA THATS IT, IM DONE, I REFUSE TO GO THROUGH AND EDIT, ANY MISTAKES ARE THERE TO KEEP, PING ME TOMORROW ABOUT STUFF IM GOIN TO BED [Post completed 10:35 pm cst] oh btw if anyones wondering i reached 18 pages on Google Docs :3
ok first off apologies that this took so long I kept getting distracted, and my mc server was struggling thanks to my own stupidity and it took like two hours when it shouldve just taken ten minutes BUT ANYWAYS

I promised this mid d1, and I wanted to get it out, ESPECIALLY with everything happening over the course of this morning. Welcome friends, to my comprehensive readlist covering literally everything people have said, going post by post, definitely not at all for the sake of I wanted to see if I could beat my record of 11 pages in google docs.

spoiler alert, i did

Post started at 5:07pm CST
@mcpearlie

hhhjkahsdfj hiiiiii mcpearlie. I'm quite certain I already have, but I also just wanna apologize again for the last game we played hjakdshfakd because I was VERY MUCH at the front of the mob that lynched you

anyways

6/7 posts made in this game could arguable be considered fluff posts. Saying hi, commenting with general agreement / no extra perspectives / or very bare bones answering a question / replying to a comment.
The one post I really think had any meat to it was:
mcpearlie wrote on 2023-04-24 18:51:45:
alright lemme put my thoughts out there

this is my third overall mafia game, and my first insane role madness. my personal thought is that we should wait.
why you may ask?
i feel like the very nature of a role madness is risky. eliminating random people can have potentially really negative consequences for us, for example if the person we vote out has like. a revenge card or smth. obviously if we get a really solid lead on d1, i might reconsider, but for now im holding out on voting. hopefully if anyone has any detective-like abilities they can lead us in the right direction next round . id like to hear everyone else’s thoughts on this
(edit: whoops got ninjad by flavor while writing this)

This is a pretty good perspective. Role madness means we could have anything. From "converts whoever kills them" (I swear I've seen that somewhere in the wiki) to "Granny with a shotgun" (literally my favorite irl (of the walking around a dark building variety) mafia role.) who takes out the person that kills them. There could be a role that causes problems for us if we vote them out, we have no idea.

Now this isn't said to discourage elimming pls dont take it that way, I'm just saying for a d1-elim perspective, it's a good one, because going in we knew literally nothing about what could happen in the night, it would have been a full on shot in the dark. We've got a bit more to go off of after some extra lores and what not, and now we're able to make better decisions! (hopefully -skull-)

BUT mcpearlie, I'd really love to hear more from you. I want to hear your thoughts on players / whats been happening. You've been very quiet (though certainly not the quietest player here) and I really would like to hear what you've got to say ^w^ ((May not mean much coming from me considering the last game, but this is /gen i swear))

I do understand having school tho, I'm in the same boat hhjksahdfjkasdhf

For now, Neutral, slightest barely scum lean just considering the amount of stuff that has happened, with the barest of comments.

@/Tanglefire

I know she's dead, but I'm just gonna skim through her stuff anyways, see if there's anything that really stands out to me ^w^''''

Not going to quote the little posts, but she does:
- Encourage people to speak up
- warn against roleclaiming
- provides links for the newcomers
- warns against trying to guess names
- warns against making leans purely on dialogue
Tanglefire wrote on 2023-04-25 03:41:24:

I meant searching for mafia later among the people who are simply putting storm-ains-market only . Not among the trio themselves.

Yes some might change it up a little bit by adding some more towny reads/feeling neutral on one of the trio. But in a 18 (17 if we don’t count mod) game? Which means around 3 - 5 mafia? Idk I just feel like there’s bound to be at least one maf among those.

Ok so this was the first post that stuck out to me now that we know Tangle has died and that there's something going on with Storm (been refreshing as I type)
So I'm thinking that if Market is being honest, and Storm and Tangle were not the same alignment, then it is possible that Storm is with the maf, and committed a Tangle!murder because she called it very early on.
It is ALSO possible that mafia committed a Tangle!Murder because they wanted to *pin* the blame on one of the trio, and Storm is a 3p.

Tangle also later said this:
Tanglefire wrote on 2023-04-25 10:31:53:
I townread Storm because she seems like town!storm so far. She was one of those active very early and guided everyone quite a bit, so I’m not surprised that ppl find her town leaning.

Might be worth taking a look why ppl townleaned storm later.

Could have been making Maf team nervous, because lets be real here guys, Tangle is really good at hunting down the littlest of clues. There's a reason she's repping us for the mafia championships thingie that i know the bare minimum about because college lmao

Tangle's been playing mafia for a good while, and so the threat of having her do a deep dive on a maf member, they might have decided to risk killing her sooner, rather than dealing with her later.
Tanglefire wrote on 2023-04-25 20:07:59:

That said @/mcpearlie do you really have no thoughts or reads? It doesn’t have to be very detailed. I will love to hear even your gut feelings. Feel free to take a look at the player list and just list whatever impression/feeling you have of everyone. If that person didn’t leave an impression just say it as well!

I don’t wanna elim you again over little posting because I’m slightly lenient to newbies. But if empty posting keeps up in the next few days I would consider elim/requesting vig kill on you.

In the same line of thinking, she also mentions to mcpearlie that she really wants to hear from her, lest she starts thinking about elimming / trying to get vig to kill her.

Tangle also has similar wary "willingness to elim if given enough reason" vibes for Marketplace, but I cover all that down below.

One of Tangle's final messages, she states "Feel like might die"
Which means I think something she said, hit mafia a bit too close to home.

Now, to speculate, I don't think there's too much of a possibility that Tangle had the ability to publicly reveal others alignments AS WELL AS flip opposite. Which means, it's hard confirmed that yes, Tangle truthfully was town, and Fil likewise, is truthfully town. Town (rest in peace)
@/ArtMajor
Oh hey look its me lol
I aint goin deep dive on myself it took me 40 minutes to write everything above I'm not wasting anymore time hhhhajksdhfjkadfhajfd

someone send help, please.
@Ainsell

There was a LOT happening with speculation around Ainsell. There were a LOT of people reading them as town after literally only having made 2 posts. But after more...recent events, I'm more inclined to believe that Ainsell is in alignment with NPC!Storia.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-25 07:02:01:

... At least it provided us with data, I guess? I'm really worried about sheeping here. Please don't just pick people that feel 'safe' to pick! If you have a gut feeling that someone who seems pretty random is town, put them out there! I always play helpful regardless of alignment.

Please make your own conclusions! Know exactly why you think the way you do and what convinced you. This is an 18 player game. There are far too many people likely to not be on your side.

"I always play helpful regardless of alignment"
"There are far too many people likely to not be on your side"

Knowing some of the more info we have now, these lines really stand out to me.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-25 08:05:21:

- Lightning event: I don't have much new to say on it that hasn't been said, I think. If the person Storia refers to is an actual person in-game (what I personally am leaning toward based on her post/replies), I'm wondering if they had to be cryptic for whatever reason. Maybe they have something on their rolecard that says they can't be outright about whatever they're trying to say or they're trying to keep their identity a secret or something.

Same here, Ainsell said they were leaving hints, and I think this was one of them. They've stated that they HAVE to be cryptic. They know things, and can't tell us them outright, but they can be cryptic, and leave us clues.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-27 08:48:04:
Alright- I'm out for a bit today but I'm going to go ahead and be a little cryptic again. I have a little bit of information that others might not.

I highly suggest not killing our mod. That goes for both elims and kills, and that includes town and mafia. The being in the crystal is wracked with her guilt over pre-game events and does not trust herself; what she has said as fact so far is true to the best of my knowledge. If you go for the mod here, it's going to end up incredibly poorly for pretty much everyone involved. This isn't a threat from me; this is information I have.

I agree with Ainsell here. ESPECIALLY now that we know they're aligned with NPC!Storia. Ainsell clearly knows things, even if they cant tell us. If they're saying we shouldn't kill the mod here, then we need to *listen*.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-27 09:05:48:
I was planning on giving out some information since Tangle was wondering anyway and then Tangle was killed so now I'm just full chaotic good ig. Town gonna kick butt here and I'm going to do my best to make sure of it.

@/Storia I am not allowed to say your name but I AM allowed to be cryptic and weird about it. So much of this game of stories is based in some truth. Storia is the name someone outside uses- but in here? It's different. And it's far closer than everyone thinks.
Again, all signs point to Ainsell being a 3p, aligning themselves with town. As for the clue left here, I feel like "Storia" is someone heavily involved in the lore.
Ainsell wrote on 2023-04-27 11:46:02:

@CaptainTsundere I can confirm that neither the goddess nor the narrative have said her name. In puzzles and strange questions, it's always worth considering the literal.

I have my own wincon, but it is by no means a threat to town or mafia. Quite the opposite, honestly- I can't really get into detail on how that works, but you might be able to logic it out by now.

I'm deciding who I want to help here and assisting with moving along the narrative in play. Me having the role I have means that gets interesting- for me, all of you, AND our lovely narrator/mod.

My thoughts here are that Ainsell's wincon is: "Be alive with mod!god at the end of the game". Not really dependent on either side, just "keep npc!storia alive". Its not a threat, AND if npc!storia's side can be *swayed*....?
3rd Party

@Lyrelore

Guys please send help I'm at the hour mark hhhaskdjfh
IM NOT EVEN A QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH WHY AHSDJKFHADSKFA
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-24 15:31:12:
(i don't think you should ever completely take someone out of the equation unless they're 100% confirmed town by like a role investigator who died and flipped town or something),

Don't mind me dying at this comment, coNSIDERING WHAT HAS HAPPENED HHHJKADHSFJ

Lyre has been very consistent in its playstyle. I think I've been in every game he's been in since his first? Good ol Traitors Keep lmao unless you'd been in one before that, I can't remember its been a HOT minute.

Anyways, it's still very consistent, being helpful to people, going in STRONG with the readlists.
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-25 08:50:22:

i realized after i posted it that my "ISO list" might've read that way but i didn't want to make another post just adding onto that one - by no means am i trying to encourage people to do ISOs, especially not on the entire playerbase (there are 17/18 players, that's a lot of reading, especially for the most active ones and especially now)

*clears throat*
moving on uhhh

I do appreciate you pointing out that something I'd said that Deity found slightly sus, Tanglefire had ALSO mentioned (altho later), I do appreciate you poking him on that ^w^
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-27 08:50:46:
oh great tangle was murdered >:( that's gonna suck, she was really in the discussion.

we do have Fil as a conftown now, so that's good. i don't think there's really any denying that. Tangle flipped town, and it'd be weird to have a combo godfather*/cop, i think, so either Fil is town or they're godfather... i think. correct me if i'm wrong.

*i'm thinking of the mafia role that makes you show up as town when you're investigated. the first thing i thought of was "priest", because that's what my role was called when i was said mafia that shows up as town on investigation (insert horrible flashbacks of my first time being maf here), and "necromancer" was the town that showed up as maf on investigation. i THINK the default name for the former is godfather, but again, please correct me if i'm wrong i do not know normal mafia LOL

ok great, those are my first thoughts, time to read through stuff

Yes! I had the same thoughts originally, but after thinking it out, I do agree that its not very likely. So conftown Tangle and Fil.

You did also do a VERY elaborate study on speculation over CutBug, not gonna quote it, but I do think you might've been onto *something*

I just dont know what that something is yet

Leaning Town

@Viskara
24 posts

Viskara wrote on 2023-04-24 10:30:52:
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-24 10:07:06:
@/Viskara
character names probably won't help much in the scumhunting process because they'll be revealed when someone is already out of the game (at best, if it's in the roleflip).

about your stance on d1 elims, may i ask what do you believe is sufficient basis to vote someone out, if d1 ones are superficial guesses? especially due to the chaotic nature of the game, night results aren't always reliable (i.e redirections etc)! :o

Sure, like you said scumhunting and inspecting people and their behaviour in general, happens by discussing. I believe on D1 you still overall lack information about each other, since it's mostly brainstorming.

If you're dead set on voting out someone you search for every little hint, word or opinion that could be sus, but maybe are just statements thrown into the room for the sake of discussing.

Besides I believe the killers will do anything to not be sus, so they will watch their words more carefully than townies.

Throwing a townie out just so you have discussion material in exchange for a potentially great ally with an even better ability is like shooting yourself in the foot and at the same time, helping the killers.
I like this post, like, it's good content, but something about it just feel weird to me. Idk, probably nothing, I just hhjakhsdf something about it bothers me.

Viskara wrote on 2023-04-25 04:29:22:

My top townreads are:
- Achromaticism

This is mainly based on his isos, which are well documented and thought out. He doesn't jump to conclusion however cas points out statements to be wary of, while giving good reasons. His other posts also seem fine.

This also struck me as odd, as I said in d1. You stated that Achrom didn't jump to conclusions, while he had a read on Ainsell after theyd only made two posts. (Three if we could the cryptic lightning message). And I know you did explain yourself to me, but it just...it still stands out in my mind.

You are just...yeah you're sat up on my fence xP
Neutral

@Marketplace

In mews townleans, she puts Ainsell towards town, and Tangle towards scum. It might not mean anything, but I just found it kinda interesting.
Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-25 02:03:41:
storm made a good point about why she sees tangle as townlean, actually! this suspicion may just be undue, and i'll keep looking for signals from tangle for both directions. now that tangle's back, my one suspicion about her, that being how she didn't really comment on situational matters, is no longer a problem with her helping to prod along discussion on reads. i just woke up so my brain is at like 40% but tangle is WAY less suspicious now. stormdreamer bringing up her skill level and how this very well could be us getting played does influence my read. tangle, to me, right now, feels neutral, with a weak town alignment.

This post really just reads as "Yes!! Storm town, storm good, I trust storm" and i so sorry but if you hadn't revealed the "Storm and Tangle aren't the same alignment" bit, I really would have started reading you in a team of some kind with Storm.
BUT
Considering you have this post, and then LATER stated that "Hey yeah yknow Tangle? Her and Storm are not on the same team", I'm actually a lot more inclined to believe you.
Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-27 13:53:24:
i need to do a bit of quick pondering over storm. she is not town storm this game, due to the confirmation of tangle as having been town.

You also have this, which further supports the above quote, and what I said about it.
So given that we've established that you went into your read thinking that Storm was the townie, and that Tangle later flipped town::
Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-27 14:00:14:
@viskara it wasn't anything tangle said, actually! it was my ability that did all the hard work. i can detect when two players match alignment. tangle and storm did not, despite the consensus both were town.

This becomes very, VERY believable.

Also, lets be real, why would a mafia say "Storm is not town(tm)" using Tangle's town flip as proof. It'd be more likely tht they'd try to put a divide on two townies, saying that two random people aren't on the same team. I don't think they'd use one of the mafia themselves, since thats *very* easily disproven upon death of both those players.
Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-27 14:16:52:
CaptainTsundere wrote on 2023-04-27 14:11:40:
interesting, but ouch on the number of targets going up today (ostensibly). @/marketplace can you elaborate on why you chose those two for your ability last night?
i actually thought the opposite was going to happen! i was sort of expecting the result, but with tangle's confirmation, i'm INCREDIBLY surprised it went the other way. i still thought tangle was a bit suspicious and thought "hm, if i compare tangle against storm i could get more certain on my townread on tangle" because on day 1, everyone thought storm was like the most town anyone could get. i probably wouldn't have noticed storm was not town until way later had tangle not died.

AGAIN
Further support. There were...what 8? people townreading Storm d1. Storm was a pretty safe read of town to base for your ability. I see no reason for Market to be making this elaborate of a lie, to knock out *one* townie before mew would get lynched mewself.

Town

@CaptainTsundere

Bless all y'all with the fewer post count i actually am grateful it makes my job easier here.

Also huge thank you for compiling everyones pronouns, it's available on page 12 for you guys, or you can also just boop

But for some reason I'm really not able to get a read off of Cap? You've got good speculation, and you make good comments, but something just hhhhjahsdkjfhsadkfhajsdkfhjaksdhfjah

Like there's nothing that I can point to that gives me Yes! Town! Or HHH! Sus!! vibes. Its just hhhjkasdhf
Idk

Neutral

@KungFuCutBug

Puts Ainsell, Storm, and Market in for top town reads based on activity, again a bit weird given how spotty ainsell was early d1, but its from a post later enough in d1 that im willing to let it slide, especially since ey later realized the same thing, that Ainsell hadn't posted as much as ey'd thought.

[PAUSED HERE AT 6:50 PM CST]
[RESUMED AT 8:55 PM CST]

Dont mind those.

Upon taking a moment to review eir posts, CutBug had this to say:
KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-25 11:03:16:

I apologize for the poor choice in wording there, I realize now Ains hadn't made as many posts as I thought when I said that—but the main point I was trying to make in the post wasn't about how many posts Ains and Market were making, it was how much information they had put into their posts, and Ains & Market both had put a lot of helpful information/interesting speculation into the posts they'd made without much fluff or filler

I will say I'm a bit less confident in my Storm read in particular now given the heavier prevalence of fluff and an earlier post where she was encouraging the newbies not to townread her just because Ains did too on the offhand chance they're both mafia—many a truth is spoken in jest? although I don't think she'd throw her maf partner under the bus like that if they were working together

I just woke up so my "new reads" will have to wait until I'm a little less tired, and hopefully less nervous as well

Which is very interesting. After actually studying out the people ey'd been thinking of, ey came to the conclusion that Ainsell and Market were more likely to be town, and Storm's view is now a little more shakey.
KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-27 11:11:01:
so! I'm apparently under fire for being put in and out of stasis last night entirely beyond my control, is that it? I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea what that was about and thought I had actually died and came back when I first saw the trigger, since both me being put in stasis and being brought out of it happened while I was asleep—I had to contact the ModGod privately to make sure that wasn't the case

I'm actually kind of curious to see if anyone would like to claim responsibility for the cleanse, but at the same time I'm aware that doing so could possibly put them in a precarious position, considering if they're town (or even a town-aligned neutral) then the mafia could just kill them to prevent them from using their ability again in case it isn't only a limited amount of times per game

Ok so, you don't really have a reason to lie about this, unless the stasis was some kind of literal sleeper agent thing (mafia who is frozen at night, unless interacted with and then they convert whoever did it) but that just...that feels a *bit* unlikely? Ok more than a bit.

You have no reason to lie about what happened to you, unless you have something to hide, but at present, tbh I'm not inclined to believe you do?
KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-27 11:16:16:
I am going to go ahead and say I don't know who stasis'd or freed me, so if anyone was looking to recruit me to their side—sorry to say but you did kind of a bad job at it :p
KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-27 11:34:50:
@Achromaticism wrote on 2023-04-27 11:27:02:
Right, so you weren't responsible for the stasis or cleanse- duly noted! Though, beyond that, I'm not entirely sure your being unaware of it happening is all that relevant? None of us know who might've done something to us until it's announced by the mod.
well, people were suggesting that it might've been one of my own passives that got me out of stasis, weren't they? or was I misinterpreting that earlier? either way, that's why I brought it up, and if it's irrelevant then that's on me, sorry

as for the cult thing, I will once again reiterate that I do not know who stasis'd or freed me, and my role and alignment have not changed—so if there is a cult faction, I am at present entirely unaware of it, and if a member of the cult did indeed free me from stasis then they are not an infecting/converting type of role (not saying the cult itself isn't infecting/converting, but the person who freed me must not be)

To me, in these statements especially, you read like a very confused townie, who's just...glad to not be frozen, whatever that entails. You read like someone who's relieved, and unsure. Which, if you are a scumteam, then congrats on your excellent acting, but I'm...not getting that out of you.
KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-27 11:57:06:
right now, my two big suspicions for why I was put in stasis to begin with are either
- someone else said for me to be put in stasis during the day, or
- (less likely but still a possibility that I don't want to entirely dismiss) something I said triggered a word bomber ability that led to me being """"punished"""" for it

I do agree that these are definitely the most likely, and personally, I'm leaning towards the first, but I could easily be swayed to believe the second, especially if we get more random things happening at the end of the day. However, I feel like if you wordbombed it, it would have been more a lightning event to freeze you from submitting actions during the day, instead of overnight.

There's a few things that could be you lying (Especially the conversion thing. Idk, some of the lore has me stuck picking at it) but overall, I'm more inclined to believe that you are...town helpful?
Neutral, leaning town

@Fil

I'm not going to go to deep into this one. If you want to know why, read my Tangle deep-dive, on why I think the flips were accurate.
Fil wrote on 2023-04-24 15:02:25:

As somebody who only played mafia on this website, I'm only exposed on the mafia culture of FR. I remember the slogan of the IMH, "If in doubt, lynch." Elimination is usually the only way town can fight mafia and it's important that it be used often and effectively. Maybe there's town roles with killing abilities here.

I don't really have anything to say *per say* about this post, but I do think its a good point. Odds are, with this many players, there's a sheriff or two of SOME kind. Or like I mentioned...somewhere up there, maybe a Granny or whatever else I wrote several hours ago idk ive kinda lost track at this point tbh. I just wanted to be like, hey guys, we're not entirely helpless. We just gotta...figure out who is bad so we can be like "alright guys, shoot em up" yknow
Fil wrote on 2023-04-25 04:26:02:
I don't believe I'm qualified to make real long analysis posts.

LIES /nm /lh

Please, it doesn't have to be long, it DEFINITELY doesnt have to be something like what I've done here. But any sort of analysis is great, it gives us an idea of what you're thinking, and how you're perceiving people, and may give us an angle we hadn't thought of before.

You were also one of the first ones to notice the "Why is Ainsell being townread theyve made two posts??" thing, so kudos!! /gen

Confirmed Town

@Temmeh

Ok real fast genuine question here...you mention Town of Salem "and other deductive games" I have a slight addiction to this sort of game, sometime could you please feed me the intel on what games youve played -eyes-

Something I've noticed is that you tend to just...agree? You've got a few posts scattered in there where you say things like "I was going to say...but you've already come to the same conclusion" or "I agree with x"this post in particular really stood out to me as...you kinda just...fluffing? Like it reads as you're trying to look like you're making a contribution, but I step away having read it not entirely sure what that contribution is.

Now, you do say something here:
Temmeh wrote on 2023-04-25 20:17:21:
+ also a quick follow up to my previous post(s) i just wanted to clarify that im aware ive been kind of lumping everyone as a whole as the people analyzing these posts when in reality there are a few that have been not as involved or outspoken about reads on other players (like me for example). as i said in some earlier posts and im going to repeat here, my personal reason i chalk it up to is that im just not used to this in depth message analysis as its SIGNIFICANTLY larger in scope compared to what im used to on simpler mafia games like town of salem T-T

That does make sense. I've played a bit of town of salem. IT IS SO FRIGGIN FAST PACED
There's not the *time* for these detailed posts we've been making, and CERTAINLY NOT THIS ONE RIGHT HERE. You could be trying to blend in, you could be trying to keep up with this very different pace. It's a 50/50 for me, but I would like to see your take on some things, especially the more recent stuff

Neutral

@Riverlight0

So, I get it. I've been there. All you guys in here from my first game of mafia, good old Traitors Keep....My wifi BUSTED on campus right as the game was starting, and I wasn't able to join the game until either n1 or d2 i forget the exacts.

But your first post reads as....reaLLY??? REALLY WEIRD??? to me. Like I'm so sorry, you've just gotten here and I'm going to absolutely grill you I apologize in advance.
Riverlight0 wrote on 2023-04-27 14:06:53:
Whoops didn't post!!!

Sorry, but this is... interesting.

First death!!!

Identity revealed!!!

This right here. This is the entire quote of what you have posted thus far. ""Whoops didnt post""

There were several pings made, several comments stated of "Hey is River ok, do we know" But you're just...like "Yeah sorry forgot lol" which implies that...you've been here....reading at least *some* of whats been happening.

And that is seriously setting of the ?????? radar in my brain.

Now, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, and not instantly scumread you the second you speak. I would really *really* love to hear more from you. In depth thoughts, an introduction, your past experience, and why you just...didn't post. ???

Neutral, barest of scum leans for sheer amount of ????????? being set off rn

@FeebleNeedle

So, we have her introduction, a "wow ok people want me to be talkative :D" post, which yes!!! talkative good. Talkative lets people like me do things like this that make us lose our sanity :D /j

but after that...its a LOT of fluff posts. even in one of the first ones that i would consider meaty, all you really say is "Huh that's interesting....anyways uh yeah I got nothing"

a little more fluff, and then this one:
FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-27 08:29:43:
My own notes + thoughts regarding what’s occurred/the flavor

- The Night 1 flavor is from modgod’s POV, Cutbug’s for the Lightning Event flavor, and modgod’s again for the Day 2 flavor

- Quinn could be a character name being neutral and related to modgod, Quadrivial is a character name and is killing neutral/evil

- We are described as being humans during the Day, but different beings at Night. Maybe all of the roles are inhuman? Doesn’t matter much, but it’s interesting

- I believe analyzing flavor is a good way of finding new info. It’s not worth discussing in too much depth, but throwing around ideas might make us find something, and it helps establish some facts and tentatives to give basis for our other discussions

- Somebody has a Day-choosing ability to simultaneously roleblock and shield players at Night (not ruling Cutbug out as this player)

- Somebody - other than Cutbug - has an ability to cleanse/remove effects from players. There may be side effects? Possibly may be applicable during Day as well as Night, not sure

I love this!! please, more of analysis, analysis doesnt have to be what im doing here, where as of writing this we've broken 12 pages in google docs ((that does count formatting tho, cuz im paranoid about losing everything like i almost did))

its a pretty short post, but you do call out some things that were really interesting!!

specifically:
""- We are described as being humans during the Day, but different beings at Night. Maybe all of the roles are inhuman? Doesn’t matter much, but it’s interesting""

Actually yeah this is kinda interesting. Even if it is only relevant to the lore, and has no impact on the game at all, you did catch this detail, and it shows you've got a good eye for the little things! Good skills to have, especially in a game such as this!

""- I believe analyzing flavor is a good way of finding new info. It’s not worth discussing in too much depth, but throwing around ideas might make us find something, and it helps establish some facts and tentatives to give basis for our other discussions""

We've had Ainsell essentially confirm that there is *something* to be gained from the lore writings, so even if we dont discuss it in depth, I agree that it is good to study, and make reference to. Especially later on once we know a little more about what goes bump in the night, y'know?

You also went out and confirmed that:
FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-27 08:48:32:
Looking back, I’ve found out that, yep, Town/Evil is referred to as Hero/Villain. Not sure about neutrals. If you’re curious, this is most obvious in the story at the signups thread

There are "town" aligned people, who are evil. We need to keep this in mind y'all. IS Hero/Villain the "mafia"/scumteam, or are they traitors / separate team? there ARE 18 of us, the idea of multiball has been mentioned before.

Overall, I'm getting really mixed signals, so until we see which way the wind blows...Neutral

@Deify

First sets of posts feel a *little* fluffy, but it was really early in d1, so im willing to overlook it.
Deify wrote on 2023-04-24 20:05:06:
I think that I don't have any town leans right now simply because I feel like everyone I've seen talking has made very valid points and opinions. Everyone feels town to me now. Obviously not everyone is town though.

I relate to this message so frickin much you have no idea.

You then spend two posts saying that *LATER* you'll explain your thoughts on Storm. You are then, one of the only people (correct me if im wrong here) to still defend Storm as townie after doing a dive on her posts.

You did poke me on my wording about something which I do appreciate! I then explained my reasoning, and you seemed pretty chill with it.
Deify wrote on 2023-04-27 08:58:04:

2. Do we all turn into mythical beings at night? It feels implied so. The elf died (RIP Tangle) and we have Fil revealed as Chimera. That's at least two mythical beings. I'm not 100% familiar with the role of Chimera myself or the role of elf. These two are new roles to me. Going to have to go see if I can find anything on the wiki somewhere about them hah. And maybe find other roles I'm not familiar with.

Storia wrote on 2023-04-27 06:15:25:

"What can you do now, Goddess? You can't even speak. You can't even look at your so called "heroes" in the eyes. All you have is your stupid winged h-"

This line sticks out to me. I don't think the cut off word is hero. Since that word was already used. Also, "winged h-" a clue to Quinn's identity perhaps? Well, not identity but role.

These two things from your post really stuck out to me, especially tied in with uhhhhhh whoever it was that pointed out that we're all inhumans turning into humans (Im so sorry my brain is mush ive been working on this for three hours total now please help me)

You're also the first one the connect "winged h-" to role instead of identity. Unless I missed / havent gotten to something yet.

Overall, some mehs some huhs, not really sure what to do with you yet.
Neutral

@Achromaticism

nine fluff posts in a row right at the start, with your first meaty post being a bit where you town lean ainsell, storm, feeble, and market. Not too bad, but not...really that fulfilling, yknow?

You do then shift over and make a really nice readlist. Including poking at me for my phrasing, which I did explain i think...if not i explained it to someone else so hopefully you saw hhjksadhf

A few more fluff posts,a nd then you finish off the readlist. You show good signs of analysis and notetaking which is really good in a game like this, but I'd like to see you apply it more than just large readlists ^w^''

You spend a bit of time just answering people, clarifying, not too bad. You do reference your own sheeping a bit, selfawareness is good ! Just be careful not be like ""hahahh yeahhhh sorry i was sheeping"" -kicks sheepskin behind doorframe-

you do have a nice most recent post as im writing this, so im just gonna lump my response to it in here :3
Achromaticism wrote on 2023-04-27 18:52:29:
dang, ok,,,, love coming back to so much new info my brain restarts like a windows vista. So here's a bit of IIOA by way of my running list of current known/speculated likely roles, updated w/ the minimal stuff I've managed to absorb. Lemme know if I missed anything.

- Fil -> Gingerbread Man/Chimera -> Conftown -> Not asking
- Ains -> (Theorized to be Quinn/Pegasus, let's just,, leave this be,,,) -> Neutral 3P -> Cryptic mod announcements; lightning
- Marketplace -> ?? -> ?? -> Role comparison
- Storm -> ??/?? -> Neutral or anti-town -> ??
- ?? -> ??/Medusa, Gorgon or Basilisk? ->?? -> Jailor-type
- ?? -> ??/Some sort of fairy? -> Maybe neutral -> Cleanses status conditions; lightning
- ?? -> Quadrivial/?? -> Anti-town- maybe maf? -> Night killing

-
- Modgod -> Passive? not sure honestly,,,

- Tanglefire -> Ham/Elf -> Town -> Some sort of communicative/investigative role

Still not sure what to make of the lightning announcement. Which arguments are circular and which are worth pursuing exactly...?

I do like the analysis of the creatures and the connection to their abilities, and it could give us some ideas of whats in play. Not going to speculate too much here, because I don't want to help the scumteam xP

I'll be honest there's something pinging in like, the primal parts of my brain but idk what it is and its getting really close to bedtime so imma wrap it up with
Neutral - slightest barest scum lean im honestly not entirely sure why

@Stormdreamer

I HAD. SUCH. A FRICKIN GOOD POST FOR HERE PLANNED. AND THEN YOU WENT AND HASHDKJFHADKHJKHJKHJKHKHK
Ok lets just go in order deep breaths art, deep breaths.

You do start the game off like you usually do, in my past experience. Very town friendly. However, there's something a bit off. You spend a LOT of time on fluff posts.
and tbh, you still do.

I'm going to primarily focus on the meaty ones.

this post is what I think I would identify as your first really...meaty post. You give some good speculation, and ask for peoples top two townreads. After which uhhh
a lot of people...start putting you up there. Which makes sense, you have a very friendly mannerism in your posts, and you've been a steady fluffy, cheerful face. It makes sense that people would want to townread you. But you just...something isnt quite lining up for me. It feels like in past games, you've been a bit more on the aggressive town side of things?

You promised a read on the people who townread you but uhhhh i havent seen that? Would be kinda interested in that tbh
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-27 07:05:21:

that being said, if cutbug was indeed freed from stasis by another player, i think there is a possiblity that cutbug might be mafia, or in some other informed minority faction. i don't think cutbug was very town-read so i don't entirely see why someone from town would try to free cutbug from stasis, seeing as it's essentially a roleblock?

This is a good point, I'll give you that. I do still think there's more going on with that stasis free than we're seeing, but we dont really know how to get more of that information (or at least i dont) so uhhh yeah.

At this point in the night, due to the whole alignment comparison, I was very willing to be like "Welp yeah, you're either 3p or mafia, but probably mafia"

AND THEN YOU GO AND SAY THIS
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-27 19:55:56:
hello!! how wonderful to wake up and see a healthy dose of suspicion on me mmmmmmm *sips it up like the blood of my enemies*

i do believe market's role ability and their results are in line with what i'd expect, given tangle's town flip! sadly, as much as i wish to be such, i am not mafia.

i am, in fact, town! but! i have a rather inconvenient passive ability that makes me show as mafia if investigated. :') i can do a full roleclaim if it helps, but we have quite a number of revealed roles here already for day 2 and i don't want to give mafia too much information.

its my last day of cooleg classes (im graduating soon)! so i might be busy with that, but i'll be happy to answer any questions later!

I'm hhhhhsdjhfjkdashfkasdfhadhfka
Now, we know this sort of passive exists, it's been talked about in relation to Tangle. But this just feels....to convenient??
Like, Market just so happened to hit the one person who would flip as evil????

I dont know. I would LOVE to believe it, but compared to how you've been acting through the rest of the game I...can't in good confidence put you there.

Neutral, leaning scum-*aligned* even if not necessarily scumteam (Multiball, remember)

@Zikitty

So firstly, I really would recommend you sub to the thread. I know its a lot of notifs, but its way too easy to miss something if you're just skimming from your last thread, or going off pings. Idk if someone already told you this but yeah

You have some good speculation on the masks from that d1 lightning event

You mention you're not feeling confident enough to post your reads on people, but PLEASE even if its the most shakey thing in the world please do tell us -sob- I know you said they were based on activity but ID TAKE IT PLEASE SHARE HHSDKJAFHAJKDF

I do get that you're very limited in your activity time though, and I do hope alls goin good!
I love your speculation over Pegasus, and the connection between the mortal and immortal realms!!

I don't really have enough to go off of for you, so uh..yeah xP
Neutral

@Storia

OH BLESS IM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST FINALLY

No offense meant my beloved NPC!Storia, I really do love you, but i am dead tired i have a powerpoint due on tuesday that i should be doing but nope im in my fourth and a half hour on this flipping post hhahsdfjkhadfj /nm

SO! NPC!Storia is taking no sides. She seems a bit more confident at the start, and seems to be losing this confidence as the game goes on.
Storia wrote on 2023-04-24 10:22:36:
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-24 10:18:04:

...so the thing becomes like this:
Code:
[quote name="@/Storia" date="2023-04-24 09:43:51" ] im vewy evil uwu [/quote]

Again, a false statement. I honestly wish I was evil. Right now though, sadly, I am just an unaligned being.

Sleep well though.

She also confirms that she is neutral at the moment, but the "right now" implies that she could be swayed to a certain party.

join the heroes Storia, we have taco bell /j

She confirms that she is only a messenger, and doesn't know who the d1 lightning message came from, which means that the connection between Quinn and Ainsell may not be as strong as suspected?? Idk its too late for this lmao

But, going into D2, Storia has this to say:
Storia wrote on 2023-04-27 07:16:37:
I'd suggest that you trust no one. I do not trust even myself.

Which means overnight, SOMETHING happened. It could have been what we saw in lore, it could be something...more?

But right now...I think Storia is still neutral. This could change tho
3p / True Neutral / Unaligned

AAAAAAAAA THATS IT, IM DONE, I REFUSE TO GO THROUGH AND EDIT, ANY MISTAKES ARE THERE TO KEEP, PING ME TOMORROW ABOUT STUFF IM GOIN TO BED

[Post completed 10:35 pm cst]

oh btw if anyones wondering i reached 18 pages on Google Docs :3
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="@ArtMajor" date="2023-04-27 20:36:10" ] I do like the analysis of the creatures and the connection to their abilities, and it could give us some ideas of whats in play. Not going to speculate too much here, because I don't want to help the scumteam xP [/quote] wooooo! let's go Art skadfjkjdf I'll respond to this more later, but I would like to clarify that the only thing I actually reached on my own (not sure if someone else mentioned it here) from that was the fairy speculation for cleansing (the list of potential stasis creatures was from Fil.) Like I said, quite IIOA. ^^;
@ArtMajor wrote on 2023-04-27 20:36:10:
I do like the analysis of the creatures and the connection to their abilities, and it could give us some ideas of whats in play. Not going to speculate too much here, because I don't want to help the scumteam xP

wooooo! let's go Art skadfjkjdf

I'll respond to this more later, but I would like to clarify that the only thing I actually reached on my own (not sure if someone else mentioned it here) from that was the fairy speculation for cleansing (the list of potential stasis creatures was from Fil.) Like I said, quite IIOA. ^^;
"What- you, the father of all skepticism, worried?"

mbT7f4j.png

"Just because I don't think it happened doesn't mean I can't be worried."
Yeah I read everyone’s posts on their own with no context and sometimes hours difference on the what was said when so I did mess some stuff up there jjsknsksjsjakaj
Yeah I read everyone’s posts on their own with no context and sometimes hours difference on the what was said when so I did mess some stuff up there jjsknsksjsjakaj
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
@ArtMajor: "very confused townie" is right, I had absolutely zero clue what that was about (and to be honest, I still don't)
@ArtMajor: "very confused townie" is right, I had absolutely zero clue what that was about (and to be honest, I still don't)
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
..."that" being the stasis thing, I mean. forgot to clarify. it's late here and I'm tired, this has destroyed my sleep schedule [emoji=veilspun deadpan size=2] /lh
..."that" being the stasis thing, I mean. forgot to clarify. it's late here and I'm tired, this has destroyed my sleep schedule /lh
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
[quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-27 19:55:56" ] i am, in fact, town! [b]but! i have a rather inconvenient passive ability that makes me show as mafia if investigated. [/b]:') i can do a full roleclaim if it helps, but we have quite a number of revealed roles here already for day 2 and i don't want to give mafia too much information. its my last day of cooleg classes (im graduating soon)! so i might be busy with that, but i'll be happy to answer any questions later! [/quote] happy be-earlied graduation!! ah, so a miller-type passive. (reading from wiki) i'll have to take more familiar folks' word on how those are usually set up here? (like, is that the only ability they tend to have, etc) -> though tbf precedent might not be all that helpful in a semi-b*stard game,,,?
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-27 19:55:56:
i am, in fact, town! but! i have a rather inconvenient passive ability that makes me show as mafia if investigated. :') i can do a full roleclaim if it helps, but we have quite a number of revealed roles here already for day 2 and i don't want to give mafia too much information.

its my last day of cooleg classes (im graduating soon)! so i might be busy with that, but i'll be happy to answer any questions later!

happy be-earlied graduation!!

ah, so a miller-type passive. (reading from wiki) i'll have to take more familiar folks' word on how those are usually set up here? (like, is that the only ability they tend to have, etc) -> though tbf precedent might not be all that helpful in a semi-b*stard game,,,?
"What- you, the father of all skepticism, worried?"

mbT7f4j.png

"Just because I don't think it happened doesn't mean I can't be worried."
(Because of WiFi-problems I probably won't talk too much for the next 24h <.<

At least until it's fixed.

I will come back to you @ArtMajor and @StormDreamer!)
(Because of WiFi-problems I probably won't talk too much for the next 24h <.<

At least until it's fixed.

I will come back to you @ArtMajor and @StormDreamer!)
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
Even if I were subbed, I'd skim through the posts anyway given my long stretch of inactivity. ...and my unwillingness to thoroughly read long paragraphs. Y'know, I should work on that. I know it's probably better just in case I miss something, but I'm really not planning to sub. That amount of notifs would get overwhelming very quickly, and I like being able to look through alerts easily.

Also, pronouns they/them!

So the suspicions I had on D1 were basically the people who barely posted, or that I felt didn't post a lot. I've put together a summary of my initial thoughts, plus any updates (a lot of them are no reason, I'm sorry, but I'll be sure to give reason for my current and future thoughts). Don't take any of this as an analysis!

mcpearlie - no thoughts
Tanglefire - no thoughts, rip :(
ArtMajor - felt town, no reason (I might be biased bc of the username oopsie)
Ainsell - felt town, probably because friendly, but also a little like mafia/cult. Now I think Ains is 3p, with a wincon that's likely keeping mod alive, or something that has to do with the mod.
lyrelore - felt town, also no reason. Has done a lot of speculating, which is good.
Viskara - maybe maifa, idek
Marketplace - felt town, probably because friendly? Not a big town lean though
CaptainTsundere - no thoughts
KungFuCutBug - no thoughts. Very interesting events, but I don't think eir lying about knowing nothing about the stasis.
Fil - no thoughts
Temmeh - had a sliiiiight mafia lean, also an unfounded suspicion
Riverlight0 - Definitely suspicious. Posting on the second day with a very short post, saying they simply forgot? Stands out.
FeebleNeedle - felt town, no reason
Deify - felt maybe mafia, no reason
Achromatism - I... don't know. At all. Reads town sometimes but then I just feel otherwise. Neutral on him.
StormDreamer - Might be weird, but I've always felt a little off about Storm. I didn't really have a good reason, but now I do. I'm not sure that she's mafia, but she's very likely a third party.
Zikitty - I should post more, I'd be neutral or sus of myself tbh
Storia - mod kill mod kill! /j

STOP DELETING MY LINE BREAKS AAAAAAAAAAAA

Important links: (I need a place to store them for now)
isolated readlist
pronouns
Even if I were subbed, I'd skim through the posts anyway given my long stretch of inactivity. ...and my unwillingness to thoroughly read long paragraphs. Y'know, I should work on that. I know it's probably better just in case I miss something, but I'm really not planning to sub. That amount of notifs would get overwhelming very quickly, and I like being able to look through alerts easily.

Also, pronouns they/them!

So the suspicions I had on D1 were basically the people who barely posted, or that I felt didn't post a lot. I've put together a summary of my initial thoughts, plus any updates (a lot of them are no reason, I'm sorry, but I'll be sure to give reason for my current and future thoughts). Don't take any of this as an analysis!

mcpearlie - no thoughts
Tanglefire - no thoughts, rip :(
ArtMajor - felt town, no reason (I might be biased bc of the username oopsie)
Ainsell - felt town, probably because friendly, but also a little like mafia/cult. Now I think Ains is 3p, with a wincon that's likely keeping mod alive, or something that has to do with the mod.
lyrelore - felt town, also no reason. Has done a lot of speculating, which is good.
Viskara - maybe maifa, idek
Marketplace - felt town, probably because friendly? Not a big town lean though
CaptainTsundere - no thoughts
KungFuCutBug - no thoughts. Very interesting events, but I don't think eir lying about knowing nothing about the stasis.
Fil - no thoughts
Temmeh - had a sliiiiight mafia lean, also an unfounded suspicion
Riverlight0 - Definitely suspicious. Posting on the second day with a very short post, saying they simply forgot? Stands out.
FeebleNeedle - felt town, no reason
Deify - felt maybe mafia, no reason
Achromatism - I... don't know. At all. Reads town sometimes but then I just feel otherwise. Neutral on him.
StormDreamer - Might be weird, but I've always felt a little off about Storm. I didn't really have a good reason, but now I do. I'm not sure that she's mafia, but she's very likely a third party.
Zikitty - I should post more, I'd be neutral or sus of myself tbh
Storia - mod kill mod kill! /j

STOP DELETING MY LINE BREAKS AAAAAAAAAAAA

Important links: (I need a place to store them for now)
isolated readlist
pronouns
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> art for wishlist items

>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Cache
Oh, I just had a thought. You know how the pegasus in Greek mythology carried Zeus's lightning bolts? What if the absence of Ains/Quinn/pegasus would have an effect on these events? i.e. they can't happen anymore or smth? I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but it might be worth considering.
Oh, I just had a thought. You know how the pegasus in Greek mythology carried Zeus's lightning bolts? What if the absence of Ains/Quinn/pegasus would have an effect on these events? i.e. they can't happen anymore or smth? I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but it might be worth considering.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> art for wishlist items

>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Cache
reading art’s essay before going to bed >>>> i basically agree with what art said about the marketplace & storm situation. i want to acknowledge that on d1 i voiced some skepticism towards market and was leaning town on storm but, feeling different now. i mulled it over after asking market to elaborate a bit, and i think mew’s telling the truth. i don’t see a reason for mew to lie (unless his wincon is to get eliminated/killed), because he’s made himself either a target for town or for maf depending on the reality of the situation. but beyond that, storm’s response basically confirms that market is telling the truth, doesn't it? i’m highly skeptical of storm now. i’d have been skeptical if she claimed 3p because like, that seemed too contrived immediately after we had another 3p uncovered, but its not impossible. I kind of want to believe her with the town thing but I think art is right. It seems way too convenient too. out of everyone, market happened to choose someone who would be confirmed town the next day together with someone whose alignment shows flipped? it's not impossible, but those odds are off the wall (L if im wrong on this though). when i read storm's last post, i want to believe her! but i’m not convinced. oh and, [quote name="ArtMajor" date="2023-04-27 20:36:10" ]She confirms that she is only a messenger, and doesn't know who the d1 lightning message came from, which means that the connection between Quinn and Ainsell may not be as strong as suspected?? Idk its too late for this lmao[/quote] really good observation! [s]cult leader quinn real[/s]
reading art’s essay before going to bed >>>>

i basically agree with what art said about the marketplace & storm situation.

i want to acknowledge that on d1 i voiced some skepticism towards market and was leaning town on storm but, feeling different now. i mulled it over after asking market to elaborate a bit, and i think mew’s telling the truth. i don’t see a reason for mew to lie (unless his wincon is to get eliminated/killed), because he’s made himself either a target for town or for maf depending on the reality of the situation. but beyond that, storm’s response basically confirms that market is telling the truth, doesn't it?

i’m highly skeptical of storm now. i’d have been skeptical if she claimed 3p because like, that seemed too contrived immediately after we had another 3p uncovered, but its not impossible. I kind of want to believe her with the town thing but I think art is right. It seems way too convenient too. out of everyone, market happened to choose someone who would be confirmed town the next day together with someone whose alignment shows flipped? it's not impossible, but those odds are off the wall (L if im wrong on this though). when i read storm's last post, i want to believe her! but i’m not convinced.

oh and,
ArtMajor wrote on 2023-04-27 20:36:10:
She confirms that she is only a messenger, and doesn't know who the d1 lightning message came from, which means that the connection between Quinn and Ainsell may not be as strong as suspected?? Idk its too late for this lmao
really good observation! cult leader quinn real
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 73 74