Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73 74
[quote name="Zikitty" date="2023-04-24 21:08:54" ] [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-24 20:25:20" ] [quote name="Zikitty" date="2023-04-24 19:53:10" ] I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else). [/quote] I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all. [/quote] They're only based on activity, not dialogue, which is why I don't want to point fingers yet - I want to at least hear everyone talk a bit more so I can analyze how and what they're saying. So far everyone reads townie or neutral to me. I'll take this opportunity to say that if I feel I don't have anything to add/I'm not pinged with a question or something, I likely won't say anything at all. [/quote] Activity is a valid thing to sus ppl for though. Mafia tend to lurk/post less so they can slip under the radar + slip up less. But I do understand that some people might have not come on yet/be asleep.
Zikitty wrote on 2023-04-24 21:08:54:
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-24 20:25:20:
Zikitty wrote on 2023-04-24 19:53:10:
I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else).

I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all.

They're only based on activity, not dialogue, which is why I don't want to point fingers yet - I want to at least hear everyone talk a bit more so I can analyze how and what they're saying. So far everyone reads townie or neutral to me.

I'll take this opportunity to say that if I feel I don't have anything to add/I'm not pinged with a question or something, I likely won't say anything at all.

Activity is a valid thing to sus ppl for though. Mafia tend to lurk/post less so they can slip under the radar + slip up less.
But I do understand that some people might have not come on yet/be asleep.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Realizing I haven't posted much, oops. [For future reference, is it standard practice to announce when you're going offline?] To make up for that, here's some of my isolated readings! I'm going in order of lyrelore's ISO list - tysm by the way! and I'll get to everyone, but I just wanted to put some initial thoughts out there as I go through them. ----- [Timestamps are in my timezone, feel free to disregard, they're for me.] [b]1 - @mcpearlie[/b] As of 12:15AM April 25, 5 posts. 1. Fluff. 2. Against d1 eliminations (Hereby referred to as D1E bc i don’t wanna get semantic satiated in the middle of my reads), because we’re so early in the game. 3. Still against D1E, also because we don’t know what the roles are. 4. Fluff. | Though the restating of the lightning event role is something. 5. Fluff. [b]CURRENT THOUGHTS[/b]: eh???? they’re kind of bowed out of saying anything relevant now that the D1E question has been sidelined. Not sure if this is due to being offline or not thinking of anything, but they did post the modgod comments after Ainsell’s shift to town reads, so… [b]2 - @Tanglefire[/b] As of 12:19AM April 25, 11 posts. 1. An introduction. Implies warming up for championships- experienced player? Also, pro D1E/elimination anytime. Disagrees with the notion of being careful about word bombs. 2. Encouraging Feeble to talk; being quiet is never a good idea for town. Probably not a good idea to role claim for no reason 3. Fluff. 4. Fluff. 5. Thinks D1E should be treated like any other eliminations, but shouldn’t be wasted on a lurker. Not suspicious of anyone as of posting this. 6. Asking for clarification on my spitballing about D1E, asking about other players’ mafia experience, generally pointing out the presence of the initial D1E questions. 7. Fluff. | Helpful fluff, but fluff nonetheless. 8. Considers guessing names to be a distraction. Not suspicious of Deify and I from our responses to the D1E stuff. 9. Fluff. | Hope you slept well :D 10. Lightning event conversation probably run its course, initial reads!!?- Reads Storm and Feeble as town.?- Reads Ainsell and Lyre as fine.?- Suspicious of Fil??- Reads Marketplace as neutral-town.?- No read on art.?- Everyone else neutral or none. 11. Confirms that we’re mainly looking for activity in this stage? [b]CURRENT THOUGHTS[/b]: Hm. Definitely seems active enough to rule out lurking maf. For the time being I’m gonna write them down as neutral- I’m kinda waffling on following Marketplace’s suspicions, I’ll have to see how she acts in the future. [b]3 - @ArtMajor[/b] As of 12:39AM April 25, 5 posts. 1. Fluff. | Expect spotty activity. 2. Introduction. 3. Neutral on D1E - thinks it’s fine if everyone is active, unfair if not. Will vote by her own intuition rather than majority. 4. Commenting on lightning event. Asked Storia for clarification; considers the D1E conversation to be going different than usual- both refreshing and really really weird? Not related to any suspicions or leads, but mind if I ask for clarification on this? Says we’ll need to shift the convo back onto D1E if we’re serious about it. 5. Further comments on d1 lightning event. Agrees with Marketplace’s read. [b]CURRENT THOUGHTS[/b]: Haven’t really managed to get a read on her from a very outside perspective either ngl. Though re: [quote name="ArtMajor" date="2023-04-24 19:30:01" ] I do agree that if we are going to elim, then we need to shift the convo back onto that and start figuring out at least who we think might be town[/quote] As I go down the list, I’ll have to look more into the rest of how the D1E conversation’s gone, but this put me in mind that said conversation might have a decent use as a distraction to any opportunistic evils? Not saying Art in particular would be said opportunistic evil of course!! Just thinking we may want to be careful of anyone who brings back the discussion randomly and/or without any concrete ideas of who to eliminate. [b] I'm not pointing fingers at anyone yet! Just thinking out loud. We have 24 hours to get more info, ofc! [/b]
Realizing I haven't posted much, oops. [For future reference, is it standard practice to announce when you're going offline?]

To make up for that, here's some of my isolated readings! I'm going in order of lyrelore's ISO list - tysm by the way! and I'll get to everyone, but I just wanted to put some initial thoughts out there as I go through them.

[Timestamps are in my timezone, feel free to disregard, they're for me.]

1 - @mcpearlie

As of 12:15AM April 25, 5 posts.

1. Fluff.
2. Against d1 eliminations (Hereby referred to as D1E bc i don’t wanna get semantic satiated in the middle of my reads), because we’re so early in the game.
3. Still against D1E, also because we don’t know what the roles are.
4. Fluff. | Though the restating of the lightning event role is something.
5. Fluff.

CURRENT THOUGHTS: eh???? they’re kind of bowed out of saying anything relevant now that the D1E question has been sidelined. Not sure if this is due to being offline or not thinking of anything, but they did post the modgod comments after Ainsell’s shift to town reads, so…

2 - @Tanglefire

As of 12:19AM April 25, 11 posts.

1. An introduction. Implies warming up for championships- experienced player? Also, pro D1E/elimination anytime. Disagrees with the notion of being careful about word bombs.
2. Encouraging Feeble to talk; being quiet is never a good idea for town. Probably not a good idea to role claim for no reason
3. Fluff.
4. Fluff.
5. Thinks D1E should be treated like any other eliminations, but shouldn’t be wasted on a lurker. Not suspicious of anyone as of posting this.
6. Asking for clarification on my spitballing about D1E, asking about other players’ mafia experience, generally pointing out the presence of the initial D1E questions.
7. Fluff. | Helpful fluff, but fluff nonetheless.
8. Considers guessing names to be a distraction. Not suspicious of Deify and I from our responses to the D1E stuff.
9. Fluff. | Hope you slept well :D
10. Lightning event conversation probably run its course, initial reads!!?- Reads Storm and Feeble as town.?- Reads Ainsell and Lyre as fine.?- Suspicious of Fil??- Reads Marketplace as neutral-town.?- No read on art.?- Everyone else neutral or none.
11. Confirms that we’re mainly looking for activity in this stage?

CURRENT THOUGHTS: Hm. Definitely seems active enough to rule out lurking maf. For the time being I’m gonna write them down as neutral- I’m kinda waffling on following Marketplace’s suspicions, I’ll have to see how she acts in the future.

3 - @ArtMajor

As of 12:39AM April 25, 5 posts.

1. Fluff. | Expect spotty activity.
2. Introduction.
3. Neutral on D1E - thinks it’s fine if everyone is active, unfair if not. Will vote by her own intuition rather than majority.
4. Commenting on lightning event. Asked Storia for clarification; considers the D1E conversation to be going different than usual- both refreshing and really really weird? Not related to any suspicions or leads, but mind if I ask for clarification on this? Says we’ll need to shift the convo back onto D1E if we’re serious about it.
5. Further comments on d1 lightning event. Agrees with Marketplace’s read.

CURRENT THOUGHTS: Haven’t really managed to get a read on her from a very outside perspective either ngl. Though re:
ArtMajor wrote on 2023-04-24 19:30:01:
I do agree that if we are going to elim, then we need to shift the convo back onto that and start figuring out at least who we think might be town
As I go down the list, I’ll have to look more into the rest of how the D1E conversation’s gone, but this put me in mind that said conversation might have a decent use as a distraction to any opportunistic evils? Not saying Art in particular would be said opportunistic evil of course!! Just thinking we may want to be careful of anyone who brings back the discussion randomly and/or without any concrete ideas of who to eliminate.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone yet! Just thinking out loud. We have 24 hours to get more info, ofc!
"What- you, the father of all skepticism, worried?"

mbT7f4j.png

"Just because I don't think it happened doesn't mean I can't be worried."
> "be wary of anyone who brings back that discussion" > immediately asks for clarification on a statement therein great job, Cas. [emoji=skydancer deadpan size=1]
> "be wary of anyone who brings back that discussion"
> immediately asks for clarification on a statement therein

great job, Cas.

mbT7f4j.png

[quote name="@Achromaticism" date="2023-04-24 21:56:54" ] Realizing I haven't posted much, oops. [For future reference, is it standard practice to announce when you're going offline?] [/quote] [font=century gothic][size=4]I do not speak for everyone involved, but it is unreasonable for anyone to blame a person for not being around every hour of the day. While most people announce their longer periods of disappearances, it is not a must and people will understand that. [emoji=aether winking size=1]
@Achromaticism wrote on 2023-04-24 21:56:54:
Realizing I haven't posted much, oops. [For future reference, is it standard practice to announce when you're going offline?]

I do not speak for everyone involved, but it is unreasonable for anyone to blame a person for not being around every hour of the day. While most people announce their longer periods of disappearances, it is not a must and people will understand that.
ytkEBod.png
FObX7rS.png
1WgaLgV.png
hWPjBUy.png
5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.png
37M5LiF.png
my name is essence, your local gay unicorn!
HHNwjaN.png
gFoIMov.png
Did somebody use a day ability? That's what I got from the mod post.

I went awayfor a while (playing video games). I've been trying to come formulate a coherent and substantial contribution, but it has been a failure. I'm going back a few pages to reread past posts.

I went awayfor a while (playing video games). I've been trying to come formulate a coherent and substantial contribution, but it has been a failure. I'm going back a few pages to reread past posts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
/Discord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
/Discord
just finished catching up, ooof. - ainsell suggested we post townish reads; idr if lyrelore encouraged everyone doing an iso but I’d feel redundant doing that rn. - stormdreamer is my strongest town lean right now, but I’m not familiar with their playstyle so whatever that’s worth. I noted that they were the first person to encourage FN to talk more and explained why generating more info is helpful to town etc. on page 2, which gives me tentative “good vibes.” her justification for being pro d1 elim (page 5) is very reasonable imo, and she has been active from the start which is helpful. - lyrelore made good points on page 7 to explain their reasoning behind a d1 elim and his posts have been productive and thoughtful imo. he is my next tentative town lean but I’m not awake enough to articulate why besides “his posts seem helpful to town so far” and consistent with how it behaved as a townie in our last game. and hi lyre! et al. ---- [quote name="Viskara" date="2023-04-24 09:33:53" ] Oh, discussion is open! I'm wondering if at any point, names will get revealed in the flavour text. And how you can judge if the players have said name. [/quote] @Viskara i'd say it's possible that a name has already been revealed in the flavour text, the second character from the d1 flavour could be a player, unless I’m missing something that rules that out. but yeah I agree with others that guessing names probably won’t help with scumhunting. so idk. [quote name="Temmeh" date="2023-04-24 12:00:45" ] my only issue is that as someone mentioned it can feel a bit mean to vote someone for a superficial reason early on like lack of typing or something in that vein so that makes me a bit more cautious (and also the fact that theres always the possibility yall choose to kill me). i guess let's just see if anybody ends up putting a target on their back!! [/quote] @Temmeh yeah, it can feel mean. but maf is going to kill someone on n1. being the player who dies first (or second even) sucks no matter what. but someone is going to die first, and it can be either "non maf" on n1 or "maybe a maf" on d1. [quote name="Tanglefire" date="2023-04-24 20:49:51" ] Fil’s mistake in their roleclaim post wasn’t nice. I might have just missed them but I don’t think they’ve posted anything after that post. Might be just busy/timezone thing, or flying a bit under the radar?[/quote] @Tanglefire, they did, on page 8. [quote name="Fil" date="2023-04-24 15:02:25" ] [quote name="@StormDreamer" date="2023-04-24 09:08:13" ] [quote name="@/Fil" date="2023-04-24 08:07:53" ] Talk people so we have a lot of data to chew through. Anyway, roleclaim is bad on multiple fronts. It generates lots of sus. [b]It makes it easier to analyze your posts and find contradictions.[/b] Don't roleclaim unless necessary.[/quote] isn't seeing through the contradictions of someone who's lying a good thing for town though?? i'm ??? at your reasoning against roleclaiming because that's more of a scum motive to not roleclaim than a town motive. have a good sleep!! [/quote] It may be because of substandard reasoning from being sleepy. People tend to look at your posts harder if you roleclaim-- nevermind. You're right. I'll be frank, I don't think I'm the best guy for providing advice, and my reasoning was bad in the first place.[/quote] i get how what they said initially could have just been unfortunate tiredposting but tbth their response doesnt have me relaxing my eyelids (now i'm tiredposting though). ............. i may have some other replies to earlier posts typed up but i've got to get to bed! i'll look through tomorrow and see if i have anything else ostensibly worth saying wrt earlier posts.
just finished catching up, ooof.

- ainsell suggested we post townish reads; idr if lyrelore encouraged everyone doing an iso but I’d feel redundant doing that rn.

- stormdreamer is my strongest town lean right now, but I’m not familiar with their playstyle so whatever that’s worth. I noted that they were the first person to encourage FN to talk more and explained why generating more info is helpful to town etc. on page 2, which gives me tentative “good vibes.” her justification for being pro d1 elim (page 5) is very reasonable imo, and she has been active from the start which is helpful.

- lyrelore made good points on page 7 to explain their reasoning behind a d1 elim and his posts have been productive and thoughtful imo. he is my next tentative town lean but I’m not awake enough to articulate why besides “his posts seem helpful to town so far” and consistent with how it behaved as a townie in our last game. and hi lyre! et al.

----
Viskara wrote on 2023-04-24 09:33:53:
Oh, discussion is open! I'm wondering if at any point, names will get revealed in the flavour text. And how you can judge if the players have said name.
@Viskara i'd say it's possible that a name has already been revealed in the flavour text, the second character from the d1 flavour could be a player, unless I’m missing something that rules that out. but yeah I agree with others that guessing names probably won’t help with scumhunting. so idk.

Temmeh wrote on 2023-04-24 12:00:45:
my only issue is that as someone mentioned it can feel a bit mean to vote someone for a superficial reason early on like lack of typing or something in that vein so that makes me a bit more cautious (and also the fact that theres always the possibility yall choose to kill me). i guess let's just see if anybody ends up putting a target on their back!!

@Temmeh yeah, it can feel mean. but maf is going to kill someone on n1. being the player who dies first (or second even) sucks no matter what. but someone is going to die first, and it can be either "non maf" on n1 or "maybe a maf" on d1.

Tanglefire wrote on 2023-04-24 20:49:51:
Fil’s mistake in their roleclaim post wasn’t nice. I might have just missed them but I don’t think they’ve posted anything after that post. Might be just busy/timezone thing, or flying a bit under the radar?

@Tanglefire, they did, on page 8.

Fil wrote on 2023-04-24 15:02:25:
@StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-24 09:08:13:
@/Fil wrote on 2023-04-24 08:07:53:
Talk people so we have a lot of data to chew through.

Anyway, roleclaim is bad on multiple fronts. It generates lots of sus. It makes it easier to analyze your posts and find contradictions. Don't roleclaim unless necessary.
isn't seeing through the contradictions of someone who's lying a good thing for town though?? i'm ??? at your reasoning against roleclaiming because that's more of a scum motive to not roleclaim than a town motive.

have a good sleep!!
It may be because of substandard reasoning from being sleepy. People tend to look at your posts harder if you roleclaim-- nevermind. You're right. I'll be frank, I don't think I'm the best guy for providing advice, and my reasoning was bad in the first place.

i get how what they said initially could have just been unfortunate tiredposting but tbth their response doesnt have me relaxing my eyelids (now i'm tiredposting though).

i may have some other replies to earlier posts typed up but i've got to get to bed! i'll look through tomorrow and see if i have anything else ostensibly worth saying wrt earlier posts.
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
also here's my running pronoun list, correct me if i got something wrong

• Mcpearlie – she/her
• Tanglefire – she/they
• ArtMajor – aka art, she/her
• Ainsell – aka ains, they/them
• Lyrelore – he/it
• Viskara – she/her
• Marketplace – aka ceru, she/he/it/mew
• CaptainTsundere – aka cap or captain, they/he
• KungFuCutBug – aka CutBug, any pronouns + ey/em
• Fil – didn’t mention pronouns
• Temmeh – he/him
• Riverlight0 – hasn’t posted
• FeebleNeedle – aka FN or Feeble, she/her
• Deify – he/him
• Achromaticism – aka cas, he/him
• StormDreamer – she/her or any
• Zikitty – aka Zi, didn’t mention pronouns
• Storia – she/her
also here's my running pronoun list, correct me if i got something wrong

• Mcpearlie – she/her
• Tanglefire – she/they
• ArtMajor – aka art, she/her
• Ainsell – aka ains, they/them
• Lyrelore – he/it
• Viskara – she/her
• Marketplace – aka ceru, she/he/it/mew
• CaptainTsundere – aka cap or captain, they/he
• KungFuCutBug – aka CutBug, any pronouns + ey/em
• Fil – didn’t mention pronouns
• Temmeh – he/him
• Riverlight0 – hasn’t posted
• FeebleNeedle – aka FN or Feeble, she/her
• Deify – he/him
• Achromaticism – aka cas, he/him
• StormDreamer – she/her or any
• Zikitty – aka Zi, didn’t mention pronouns
• Storia – she/her
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
Quick reply before going back to revision.

Achromaticism leaning better with their attempt in semi isolating everyone.
Not saying long text walls/post more automatically = townlean!! (That’s a horrible way to read btw). It just seems like townie trying hard here. Worse case scenario they’re a try hard mafia but with that amount of work and effort? I personally wouldn’t want to elim them :)))

Captain neutral read because their post was mostly summary/reiteration/general points that are alignment indicative. At least their latest one is. I don’t remember other posts they’ve made so that just means I don’t have any read from them. :P

————————

@captaintsundere

Asdgjkl my bad wording. I meant Fil didn’t post anything after their replying post to storm. I just thought it’s a bit weird they stayed silent after admitting they’re wrong. Stuff like lightning event and ains asking for reads happened around that time (or after??), so they should be at least awake to see it.

But since they’re experienced to some degree + they seem to only realise their mistake when storm pointed it out, I’m personally giving them a small pass on the slip up.

This isn’t contradicting with my previous read - just clarifying that my weird feeling of them was more from sudden silence instead of the mistake itself.

I just saw that they were away gaming. But my read was done without the knowledge of them being busy.

Achromaticism leaning better with their attempt in semi isolating everyone.
Not saying long text walls/post more automatically = townlean!! (That’s a horrible way to read btw). It just seems like townie trying hard here. Worse case scenario they’re a try hard mafia but with that amount of work and effort? I personally wouldn’t want to elim them :)))

Captain neutral read because their post was mostly summary/reiteration/general points that are alignment indicative. At least their latest one is. I don’t remember other posts they’ve made so that just means I don’t have any read from them. :P

————————

@captaintsundere

Asdgjkl my bad wording. I meant Fil didn’t post anything after their replying post to storm. I just thought it’s a bit weird they stayed silent after admitting they’re wrong. Stuff like lightning event and ains asking for reads happened around that time (or after??), so they should be at least awake to see it.

But since they’re experienced to some degree + they seem to only realise their mistake when storm pointed it out, I’m personally giving them a small pass on the slip up.

This isn’t contradicting with my previous read - just clarifying that my weird feeling of them was more from sudden silence instead of the mistake itself.

I just saw that they were away gaming. But my read was done without the knowledge of them being busy.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="@Tanglefire" date="2023-04-24 23:11:07" ] Quick reply before going back to revision. Not saying long text walls/post more automatically = townlean!! (That’s a horrible way to read btw). [/quote] Fair fair. I have a tendency to just,,, not process anything if I'm given large amounts of information at once, especially when I'm already falling behind, so I figured I'd use the current quiet to carefully go through everything so I at least have something to take with me into the latter half of day 1.
@Tanglefire wrote on 2023-04-24 23:11:07:
Not saying long text walls/post more automatically = townlean!! (That’s a horrible way to read btw).

Fair fair. I have a tendency to just,,, not process anything if I'm given large amounts of information at once, especially when I'm already falling behind, so I figured I'd use the current quiet to carefully go through everything so I at least have something to take with me into the latter half of day 1.

mbT7f4j.png

1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73 74