Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
[quote name="@Fil" date="2023-04-27 22:58:30" ] StormDreamer is kinda suspicious, but then again, that's SD. I'm noting that down in my on-screen sticky notes. There's something on Lyrelore this time, but I don't think it's substantiated. He's quite talkative. I think part of my suspicion spawns from Storia warning about dishonesty from those discussing right after one of his posts. That does ignite some sus on their co-discussors, Achromaticism and KungFuCutBug and potentially Temmeh. Achromaticism feels rather off. I'm leaning a little mafia on them. [/quote] there's plenty of reason to find me suspicious given the recent information, but [i]what[/i] specifically about me do you find suspicious? your "but then again, that's SD" seems to imply that this is normal / expected behaviour and not alignment-indicative--could you elaborate more on that haha i'm not entirely sure how to feel about your lyre point because of modgod's posting because the mod is supposed to be neutral so i don't think the mod's post is indicative of lyre being good / bad?? would also like to hear some more elaboration on your achromaticism read! if its more of a gut read that can't be reasoned, which specific posts from cas gave you that particular gut read? :o
@Fil wrote on 2023-04-27 22:58:30:
StormDreamer is kinda suspicious, but then again, that's SD. I'm noting that down in my on-screen sticky notes.

There's something on Lyrelore this time, but I don't think it's substantiated. He's quite talkative. I think part of my suspicion spawns from Storia warning about dishonesty from those discussing right after one of his posts. That does ignite some sus on their co-discussors, Achromaticism and KungFuCutBug and potentially Temmeh.

Achromaticism feels rather off. I'm leaning a little mafia on them.
there's plenty of reason to find me suspicious given the recent information, but what specifically about me do you find suspicious? your "but then again, that's SD" seems to imply that this is normal / expected behaviour and not alignment-indicative--could you elaborate more on that haha

i'm not entirely sure how to feel about your lyre point because of modgod's posting because the mod is supposed to be neutral so i don't think the mod's post is indicative of lyre being good / bad??

would also like to hear some more elaboration on your achromaticism read! if its more of a gut read that can't be reasoned, which specific posts from cas gave you that particular gut read? :o
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="@KungFuCutBug" date="2023-04-27 23:55:39" ] this feels like very circular reasoning to me? it's basically just saying "I'm claiming miller because I am miller, and if I wasn't miller I wouldn't be claiming miller" which is... [i]eehhhhhhh[/i] not the best argument to prove your innocence imo I guess 3P would be an easier claim for a maf given the specific circumstances that led to you claiming a role, but there's always a chance you're relying on a particularly risky strat being considered [i]too[/i] risky for anyone to lie about in order to avoid suspicion [/quote] i hadn't thought of that but ...fair point! i just wanted to point out that it's something i wouldn't do if i was mafia haha but i [i]do[/i] see why that point could be seen as invalid using heaploads of wifom. unfortunately there's nothing i can do to prove that i am telling the truth in this regard (not even when i die and have a roleflip, rip), so you'll just have to look into the goggly eyes of my rainbow dragon avatar and see that they are brimming with trustworthiness :p [quote name="@Viskara" date="2023-04-28 01:57:17" ] I'm sorry, but this kinda sounds like being made up on the spot? I know passives like these exists, but like the others mentioned, it'd be pretty wild if Ceru chose of all persons available exactly the one with this inconvenient passive. [/quote] theoretically, assuming that there are four mafia in a game of 17 players, it's also pretty wild that of all the people ceru could choose ceru chose a mafia player (4/17 = 23%)?? ceru choosing the miller (once again, of all the people ceru could choose) is one-fourth of that (1/17 = 5.9%), which isn't unlikely to a much larger extent. (...my astrophysics professor pointed at a bunch of energy densities ranging from 0.2 to 2 eV/cm^2 and then called it a near-equipartition despite them differing by a factor of 10 so a factor of 4 is nothing right aldkjaldkjlkdjaldkj) once again, this isn't something i can particularly clear myself on except for maybe doing a roleclaim (which again, has its risks). i am happy to do so to prevent town from doing a miselim on me [i]and[/i] maybe live long enough to help town with my active ability, if things come to it!
@KungFuCutBug wrote on 2023-04-27 23:55:39:
this feels like very circular reasoning to me? it's basically just saying "I'm claiming miller because I am miller, and if I wasn't miller I wouldn't be claiming miller" which is... eehhhhhhh not the best argument to prove your innocence imo

I guess 3P would be an easier claim for a maf given the specific circumstances that led to you claiming a role, but there's always a chance you're relying on a particularly risky strat being considered too risky for anyone to lie about in order to avoid suspicion

i hadn't thought of that but ...fair point! i just wanted to point out that it's something i wouldn't do if i was mafia haha but i do see why that point could be seen as invalid using heaploads of wifom. unfortunately there's nothing i can do to prove that i am telling the truth in this regard (not even when i die and have a roleflip, rip), so you'll just have to look into the goggly eyes of my rainbow dragon avatar and see that they are brimming with trustworthiness :p

@Viskara wrote on 2023-04-28 01:57:17:
I'm sorry, but this kinda sounds like being made up on the spot? I know passives like these exists, but like the others mentioned, it'd be pretty wild if Ceru chose of all persons available exactly the one with this inconvenient passive.
theoretically, assuming that there are four mafia in a game of 17 players, it's also pretty wild that of all the people ceru could choose ceru chose a mafia player (4/17 = 23%)?? ceru choosing the miller (once again, of all the people ceru could choose) is one-fourth of that (1/17 = 5.9%), which isn't unlikely to a much larger extent.

(...my astrophysics professor pointed at a bunch of energy densities ranging from 0.2 to 2 eV/cm^2 and then called it a near-equipartition despite them differing by a factor of 10 so a factor of 4 is nothing right aldkjaldkjlkdjaldkj)

once again, this isn't something i can particularly clear myself on except for maybe doing a roleclaim (which again, has its risks). i am happy to do so to prevent town from doing a miselim on me and maybe live long enough to help town with my active ability, if things come to it!
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="@Deify" date="2023-04-28 04:28:26" ] Mafia can be pretty bloodthirsty at full roleclaims can't they though? At least that's how my past games have gone with early claims etc. Tbh this early I myself wouldn't want to claim but if you feel that's best for town / you then by all means. [/quote] yeah :') but i do believe that enough people are squinting at me and if i don't roleclaim i die [i]anyway[/i] by town elim. so! if this doesn't prevent my elimination, at least the knowledge of my role hopefully helps town out aaa and i can cheer you guys on in specchat :') ----- @FeebleNeedle @Achromaticism @ArtMajor @lyrelore @Marketplace @Viskara @StormDreamer @KungFuCutBug @Zikitty @Temmeh @Tanglefire @CaptainTsundere @Fil @Ainsell @Deify @Riverlight0 @mcpearlie hello! i have three abilities, two (very inconvenient) passives and one active ability: [LIST] [*] miller passive i revealed earlier. makes me show up as mafia (despite my town wincon) [*] my life is tied to another player. if a certain player (whose mythical being name ends with an F) dies, i die too. i do not know who this player is, only their mythical being name. however, no information is given whether the other player knows about this and/or dies if [i]i[/i] die so hello mafia killing me probably won't result in a double-kill and result in the death of someone who is probably going to be eliminated [i]anyway[/i] eventually (i.e. me) [*] i have a 2-shot active ability that lets me investigate the active ability of another player. [/LIST] i can't really prove that my passives are real, but if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability. i can reveal my mythical being too but i am worried that revealing it might put me in more danger (*points at word/rolename bomber possibility mentioned d1 + ainsell's "hold on to your masks" message*) but to sort-of make sure i wasn't going to come up with one on the spot if asked to, i can reveal that it has three vowels. ----- [quote name="@Fil" date="2023-04-28 05:00:17" ] >.> Storm is definitely super suspicious. I have doubts that StormDreamer is town. They are pushing mod elim too much. I find that quite odd. Either that's their wincon or they're being very playful and naughty. [/quote] when have i pushed for a mod elim D: i literally said that i would prefer a player elim over a mod elim here! the rest was playful banter! [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-24 08:14:35" ] ...all jokes aside, i do believe that voting out an actual player (which has an actual chance to be mafia. and their flip gives us information) is much better because the mod is confirmed to be true neutral in the game information. and elimming all the mafia is the only way town can win this. [/quote]
@Deify wrote on 2023-04-28 04:28:26:
Mafia can be pretty bloodthirsty at full roleclaims can't they though? At least that's how my past games have gone with early claims etc. Tbh this early I myself wouldn't want to claim but if you feel that's best for town / you then by all means.

yeah :') but i do believe that enough people are squinting at me and if i don't roleclaim i die anyway by town elim. so! if this doesn't prevent my elimination, at least the knowledge of my role hopefully helps town out aaa and i can cheer you guys on in specchat :')

@FeebleNeedle @Achromaticism @ArtMajor @lyrelore @Marketplace @Viskara @StormDreamer @KungFuCutBug @Zikitty @Temmeh @Tanglefire
@CaptainTsundere @Fil @Ainsell @Deify @Riverlight0 @mcpearlie

hello! i have three abilities, two (very inconvenient) passives and one active ability:
  • miller passive i revealed earlier. makes me show up as mafia (despite my town wincon)
  • my life is tied to another player. if a certain player (whose mythical being name ends with an F) dies, i die too. i do not know who this player is, only their mythical being name. however, no information is given whether the other player knows about this and/or dies if i die so hello mafia killing me probably won't result in a double-kill and result in the death of someone who is probably going to be eliminated anyway eventually (i.e. me)
  • i have a 2-shot active ability that lets me investigate the active ability of another player.

i can't really prove that my passives are real, but if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability.

i can reveal my mythical being too but i am worried that revealing it might put me in more danger (*points at word/rolename bomber possibility mentioned d1 + ainsell's "hold on to your masks" message*) but to sort-of make sure i wasn't going to come up with one on the spot if asked to, i can reveal that it has three vowels.

@Fil wrote on 2023-04-28 05:00:17:
>.> Storm is definitely super suspicious. I have doubts that StormDreamer is town. They are pushing mod elim too much. I find that quite odd. Either that's their wincon or they're being very playful and naughty.

when have i pushed for a mod elim D: i literally said that i would prefer a player elim over a mod elim here! the rest was playful banter!
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-24 08:14:35:
...all jokes aside, i do believe that voting out an actual player (which has an actual chance to be mafia. and their flip gives us information) is much better because the mod is confirmed to be true neutral in the game information. and elimming all the mafia is the only way town can win this.
jghAv2V.png
[quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-27 23:27:09" ] i have to disagree with captain's "it's too unlikely that market would hit someone who would die [i]and[/i] someone who had a miller passive" because tangle's death and my rolecard are statistically independent occurrences? whether tangle died or not, the probability of me being mafia and lying about my miller status and the probability of me actually being a miller doesn't change :o[/quote] @StormDreamer you're right, that wasn't sound reasoning on my part. my b [quote name="CaptainTsundere" date="2023-04-27 22:23:48" ] (L if im wrong on this though)[/quote] L
StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-27 23:27:09:
i have to disagree with captain's "it's too unlikely that market would hit someone who would die and someone who had a miller passive" because tangle's death and my rolecard are statistically independent occurrences? whether tangle died or not, the probability of me being mafia and lying about my miller status and the probability of me actually being a miller doesn't change :o
@StormDreamer you're right, that wasn't sound reasoning on my part. my b

CaptainTsundere wrote on 2023-04-27 22:23:48:
(L if im wrong on this though)

L
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
Apologies for being less talkative this round, school’s got me busy and being unmedicated like I am can make my activity everywhere decrease. I’ll try to pick my contributions up by looking into ISOs more thoroughly and seeing if I find anything. Would you guys be interested in a compilation of agreements/disagreements + players’ opinions/takes? It would probably be pretty long, depending on how I categorize things. It might only be finished by D3. ----- [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-28 06:17:05" ] if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability. i can reveal my mythical being too but i am worried that revealing it might put me in more danger (*points at word/rolename bomber possibility mentioned d1 + ainsell's "hold on to your masks" message*) but to sort-of make sure i wasn't going to come up with one on the spot if asked to, i can reveal that it has three vowels. [/quote] I think we should gather opinions on this? If people are still on the fence with Storm after their ability claim. ----- [quote name="@Fil" date="2023-04-27 22:58:30" ] There's something on Lyrelore this time, but I don't think it's substantiated. He's quite talkative. I think part of my suspicion spawns from Storia warning about dishonesty from those discussing right after one of his posts. That does ignite some sus on their co-discussors, Achromaticism and KungFuCutBug and potentially Temmeh.[/quote] Actually, that was the latter one of two messages modgod sent warning us not to trust everyone. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/25#post_54055924]She sent this message before that one[/url], soon after D2 started, and only you, Viskara, Storm, and Temmeh had posted anything by then. I doubt the message you’re referring to was exclusive to the discussion lyre and the others were conducting, since both warnings seem to be the same. ----- @ArtMajor I disagree with your calling most of my posts fluff. Do you consider anything that isn’t analysis fluff? I swear I wrote all of my D1 posts with the specific idea in mind of trying to discuss topics relevant to our current discussions and putting new takes (even though I looked back and saw that one take was a bit silly from my tiredness, haha). I didn’t have any analysis to make because I’m unfamiliar in this environment and with these players + it was D1- which is something I reiterate several times over as an explanation for myself if anybody was reading me, or even as a way of asking for/inviting others’ opinions on whatever I was discussing, but you seem to have taken those inclusions as me simply saying that I had nothing to say at all? The only posts I’d consider fluff may be the back-and-forth I had with modgod, but that has been genuinely helpful for me, honestly
Apologies for being less talkative this round, school’s got me busy and being unmedicated like I am can make my activity everywhere decrease. I’ll try to pick my contributions up by looking into ISOs more thoroughly and seeing if I find anything.

Would you guys be interested in a compilation of agreements/disagreements + players’ opinions/takes? It would probably be pretty long, depending on how I categorize things. It might only be finished by D3.

StormDreamer wrote on 2023-04-28 06:17:05:
if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability.

i can reveal my mythical being too but i am worried that revealing it might put me in more danger (*points at word/rolename bomber possibility mentioned d1 + ainsell's "hold on to your masks" message*) but to sort-of make sure i wasn't going to come up with one on the spot if asked to, i can reveal that it has three vowels.

I think we should gather opinions on this? If people are still on the fence with Storm after their ability claim.

@Fil wrote on 2023-04-27 22:58:30:
There's something on Lyrelore this time, but I don't think it's substantiated. He's quite talkative. I think part of my suspicion spawns from Storia warning about dishonesty from those discussing right after one of his posts. That does ignite some sus on their co-discussors, Achromaticism and KungFuCutBug and potentially Temmeh.

Actually, that was the latter one of two messages modgod sent warning us not to trust everyone. She sent this message before that one, soon after D2 started, and only you, Viskara, Storm, and Temmeh had posted anything by then. I doubt the message you’re referring to was exclusive to the discussion lyre and the others were conducting, since both warnings seem to be the same.

@ArtMajor

I disagree with your calling most of my posts fluff. Do you consider anything that isn’t analysis fluff? I swear I wrote all of my D1 posts with the specific idea in mind of trying to discuss topics relevant to our current discussions and putting new takes (even though I looked back and saw that one take was a bit silly from my tiredness, haha).

I didn’t have any analysis to make because I’m unfamiliar in this environment and with these players + it was D1- which is something I reiterate several times over as an explanation for myself if anybody was reading me, or even as a way of asking for/inviting others’ opinions on whatever I was discussing, but you seem to have taken those inclusions as me simply saying that I had nothing to say at all?

The only posts I’d consider fluff may be the back-and-forth I had with modgod, but that has been genuinely helpful for me, honestly
UawspVz.pngWn94zHr.png
ll0CfnD.pngOrlEqVx.png
A6Pqy3l.pngoaolHwW.png
J7D1quC.pngNlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.pngwLurwzJ.png
wZYRwpm.png

I am increasingly busy
these days
Lore and clan bio are
WIPs
I am always open to pings
and messages :D

rBM002b.gif
@StormDreamer can your active only be used at night? I assume so, since most abilities are used at night, as stated by the signups thread, but I want to make sure.

- - -

Also hi everybody, I realize my activity is VERY on and off, I just... I do be like that. I try my best but I think it's because I get burned out after posting 12 things in one irl day and/or I just want to do something other than Mafia for a while. I don't think anyone has called me out on this yet? (tbf it's only d2) But I just want to be open with everybody about that, if my activity ever seems inconsistent.
@StormDreamer can your active only be used at night? I assume so, since most abilities are used at night, as stated by the signups thread, but I want to make sure.

- - -

Also hi everybody, I realize my activity is VERY on and off, I just... I do be like that. I try my best but I think it's because I get burned out after posting 12 things in one irl day and/or I just want to do something other than Mafia for a while. I don't think anyone has called me out on this yet? (tbf it's only d2) But I just want to be open with everybody about that, if my activity ever seems inconsistent.
And when creation goes to die,
You can find me in the sky,
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
. tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[quote name="@FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-28 09:16:00" ] Apologies for being less talkative this round, school’s got me busy and being unmedicated like I am can make my activity everywhere decrease. I’ll try to pick my contributions up by looking into ISOs more thoroughly and seeing if I find anything. Would you guys be interested in a compilation of agreements/disagreements + players’ opinions/takes? It would probably be pretty long, depending on how I categorize things. It might only be finished by D3. [/quote] Understandable, and yes, I think that would be helpful. I would suggest, if possible, for you to write that on one tab, and keep at least one other tab open to watch the thread, so you don't get too behind on discussion and your compilation can be up-to-date. It might make the comp take longer since you're not 100% focused on it but it could be a good idea. - - - [quote name="FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-28 09:16:00" ] [quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-28 06:17:05" ] if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability. i can reveal my mythical being too but i am worried that revealing it might put me in more danger (*points at word/rolename bomber possibility mentioned d1 + ainsell's "hold on to your masks" message*) but to sort-of make sure i wasn't going to come up with one on the spot if asked to, i can reveal that it has three vowels. [/quote] I think we should gather opinions on this? If people are still on the fence with Storm after their ability claim. [/quote] (Just pinged Storm so not gonna ping again) but I believe this would be a good idea if people still don't believe Storm, my concern is her or Fil could just die before Storm can fully realize this plan. As for my belief of the claim... I'm not very familiar with Storm's play style and so I didn't really have a read on her earlier, but I'm personally inclined to believe Storm is miller. Her arguments make sense, and her claim is so detailed that I don't feel like it would be the claim of a mafia trying to fakeclaim, as they'd run into the issue of potentially coming too close to another player's ability (similar abilities can exist, yes, but only to some extent) (and again, the claim is just REALLY detailed). Plus she has a really good plan to prove herself if need be.
@FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-28 09:16:00:
Apologies for being less talkative this round, school’s got me busy and being unmedicated like I am can make my activity everywhere decrease. I’ll try to pick my contributions up by looking into ISOs more thoroughly and seeing if I find anything.

Would you guys be interested in a compilation of agreements/disagreements + players’ opinions/takes? It would probably be pretty long, depending on how I categorize things. It might only be finished by D3.

Understandable, and yes, I think that would be helpful. I would suggest, if possible, for you to write that on one tab, and keep at least one other tab open to watch the thread, so you don't get too behind on discussion and your compilation can be up-to-date. It might make the comp take longer since you're not 100% focused on it but it could be a good idea.

- - -
FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-28 09:16:00:
if you want proof of my active ability, my proposition is as follows: i investigate the active ability of our confirmed townie, Fil. since Fil is confirmed town and has no reason to lie / cover for me, Fil can call me out if i fail to correctly describe their active ability.

I think we should gather opinions on this? If people are still on the fence with Storm after their ability claim.

(Just pinged Storm so not gonna ping again) but I believe this would be a good idea if people still don't believe Storm, my concern is her or Fil could just die before Storm can fully realize this plan.

As for my belief of the claim... I'm not very familiar with Storm's play style and so I didn't really have a read on her earlier, but I'm personally inclined to believe Storm is miller. Her arguments make sense, and her claim is so detailed that I don't feel like it would be the claim of a mafia trying to fakeclaim, as they'd run into the issue of potentially coming too close to another player's ability (similar abilities can exist, yes, but only to some extent) (and again, the claim is just REALLY detailed). Plus she has a really good plan to prove herself if need be.
And when creation goes to die,
You can find me in the sky,
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
. tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
ah finally, a day where I don't wake up to a kjghpillion notifications, give me a moment to wake up and sift through them
ah finally, a day where I don't wake up to a kjghpillion notifications, give me a moment to wake up and sift through them
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
[quote name="StormDreamer" date="2023-04-28 06:17:05" ] [*] my life is tied to another player. if a certain player (whose mythical being name ends with an f) dies, i die too. i do not know who this player is, only their mythical being name. however, no information is given whether the other player knows about this and/or dies if [i]i[/i] die so hello mafia killing me probably won't result in a double-kill and result in the death of someone who is probably going to be eliminated [i]anyway[/i] eventually (i.e. me)[/quote] alright, everyone keep an eye out for storm’s linked player h********f, the maf who flips town (/conjecture) as i’ve said before, i’m not familiar with storm’s posting style so i’ll consider what others have said about it, but her early game fluffposting doesn’t bother me. on d1, my impression was that “many people” were fluffposting, such that i felt pretty lost logging on to like 7 fluffed up pages before i could introduce myself lol. to me that doesn’t substantiate the idea of her being maf. what really bothers me about storm is the fact that market’s radar pinging a miller (assuming there’s one in play) is ~1/4th as likely as pinging a maf if there’s no less than 4 mafs. additionally, [quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-28 09:42:49" ]her arguments make sense, and her claim is so detailed that i don't feel like it would be the claim of a mafia trying to fakeclaim, as they'd run into the issue of potentially coming too close to another player's ability (similar abilities can exist, yes, but only to some extent) (and again, the claim is just really detailed). plus she has a really good plan to prove herself if need be.[/quote] i agree with this premise but i don’t agree with lyre’s conclusion; storm’s two other abilities could still be legit even if she didn’t have the miller ability, couldn’t they? i don’t really see how those abilities, including the active that she can prove, indicate a town alignment, or preclude a maf one. there can be maf or mixed alignment “lover” mechanics and there can be maf “ability investigators,” can’t there? maybe i’m missing something. my other issue with her plan to prove her active is that, exposing fil’s ability is more useful to maf than town for all points except “ostensibly exonerating storm,” which for the reasons i stated above, i currently don’t think it does. that’s up to fil though, right? i would have liked to hear the direction of scumhunting @StormDreamer would propose we take in lieu of eliminating her for d2, but i figure she’s asleep since she’s at fr+15 iirc. i have a few other thoughts bt gotta go for now
[*] my life is tied to another player. if a certain player (whose mythical being name ends with an f) dies, i die too. i do not know who this player is, only their mythical being name. however, no information is given whether the other player knows about this and/or dies if i die so hello mafia killing me probably won't result in a double-kill and result in the death of someone who is probably going to be eliminated anyway eventually (i.e. me)

alright, everyone keep an eye out for storm’s linked player h********f, the maf who flips town (/conjecture)

as i’ve said before, i’m not familiar with storm’s posting style so i’ll consider what others have said about it, but her early game fluffposting doesn’t bother me. on d1, my impression was that “many people” were fluffposting, such that i felt pretty lost logging on to like 7 fluffed up pages before i could introduce myself lol. to me that doesn’t substantiate the idea of her being maf.

what really bothers me about storm is the fact that market’s radar pinging a miller (assuming there’s one in play) is ~1/4th as likely as pinging a maf if there’s no less than 4 mafs. additionally,
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-28 09:42:49:
her arguments make sense, and her claim is so detailed that i don't feel like it would be the claim of a mafia trying to fakeclaim, as they'd run into the issue of potentially coming too close to another player's ability (similar abilities can exist, yes, but only to some extent) (and again, the claim is just really detailed). plus she has a really good plan to prove herself if need be.

i agree with this premise but i don’t agree with lyre’s conclusion; storm’s two other abilities could still be legit even if she didn’t have the miller ability, couldn’t they? i don’t really see how those abilities, including the active that she can prove, indicate a town alignment, or preclude a maf one. there can be maf or mixed alignment “lover” mechanics and there can be maf “ability investigators,” can’t there? maybe i’m missing something.

my other issue with her plan to prove her active is that, exposing fil’s ability is more useful to maf than town for all points except “ostensibly exonerating storm,” which for the reasons i stated above, i currently don’t think it does. that’s up to fil though, right?

i would have liked to hear the direction of scumhunting @StormDreamer would propose we take in lieu of eliminating her for d2, but i figure she’s asleep since she’s at fr+15 iirc.

i have a few other thoughts bt gotta go for now
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
So im runnin between classes real fast and i have an interview i need to prep for, so I'll deal with the whole Storm thing later, the short version is that:: She's gone too detailed to be still lying, specifically because its very easily disproven, so the miller thing is, unfortunately probably the truth But I did want to answer this:: [quote name="FeebleNeedle" date="2023-04-28 09:16:00" ] @ArtMajor I disagree with your calling most of my posts fluff. Do you consider anything that isn’t analysis fluff? I swear I wrote all of my D1 posts with the specific idea in mind of trying to discuss topics relevant to our current discussions and putting new takes (even though I looked back and saw that one take was a bit silly from my tiredness, haha). I didn’t have any analysis to make because I’m unfamiliar in this environment and with these players + it was D1- which is something I reiterate several times over as an explanation for myself if anybody was reading me, or even as a way of asking for/inviting others’ opinions on whatever I was discussing, but you seem to have taken those inclusions as me simply saying that I had nothing to say at all? The only posts I’d consider fluff may be the back-and-forth I had with modgod, but that has been genuinely helpful for me, honestly [/quote] So I consider things that dont [i]add[/i] to the conversation or that are generally just lol funny posts to be fluff, allow me to elaborate, by explaining in order how I understood your posts: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/2#post_54031599]Introduction[/url] - in its own category, saying hi, giving your general thoughts [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/4#post_54032350]1[/url] - I consider this one to, while it does have some good stuff in it, to be more fluff than meat. You just give a "y'all agree i should be more talkative", then there is a little bit about word bombers, but you then spend a paragraph on saying "wow this was ominous" and that paragraph just felt very circular, and the last paragraph was just your opinion on not d1-elimming the mod. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/4#post_54032423]2[/url] - feels like role/ability baiting like "Oh we dont know what this means, what is she referring to" but doesn't have any self speculation, just like "huh it must refer to something we dont know about yet, wonder what that is" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/6#post_54033198]3[/url] I consider this fluff, since it doesnt really connect to any discussion happening around it, and is just "Hey how meta am i allowed to get here" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/7#post_54033597]4[/url] response to the response given to the above post, fluff / side conversation. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/16#post_54039674]5[/url] - You talk about your sleep schedule, then say you agree with what's already been said about leaving the lightning event alone for the time being, you then bump lyre's list, and the only bit i think is really meat -- actually you talking and not saying "yes i agree" is your introspective of yourself. This is the one that I refer to in my post without directly quoting it [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/17#post_54040652]6[/url] Here you just point out people who've already been listed in the town trio, and kinda just refresh that the two had townread the top three townreads d1. There is some meat here in that you're addressing people who townread you, and then asking about d1 elims and if we should shift topics back onto that. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/20#post_54045108]7[/url] this post for me is just a lot of fluff because its you saying "I'm voting no elim, because I want to get my vote in, and that seems to be general consensus at the moment" Like, yes it is good to know why people do it, but for a no elim, at least personally I consider it to be a bit more on the fluff rather than meat side, because its just "This is the way majority is talking because there's too much we dont know, so im getting it out there that im voting along these lines" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/25#post_54056351]8[/url] the post i quoted and talked about [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3233514/26#post_54056438]9[/url] just a short post of talking about the hero/villain thing and asking storia a question and then your most recent. So yeah that's how I understood your posts, and why I classified them as majority fluff
So im runnin between classes real fast and i have an interview i need to prep for, so I'll deal with the whole Storm thing later, the short version is that::

She's gone too detailed to be still lying, specifically because its very easily disproven, so the miller thing is, unfortunately probably the truth

But I did want to answer this::
FeebleNeedle wrote on 2023-04-28 09:16:00:
@ArtMajor

I disagree with your calling most of my posts fluff. Do you consider anything that isn’t analysis fluff? I swear I wrote all of my D1 posts with the specific idea in mind of trying to discuss topics relevant to our current discussions and putting new takes (even though I looked back and saw that one take was a bit silly from my tiredness, haha).

I didn’t have any analysis to make because I’m unfamiliar in this environment and with these players + it was D1- which is something I reiterate several times over as an explanation for myself if anybody was reading me, or even as a way of asking for/inviting others’ opinions on whatever I was discussing, but you seem to have taken those inclusions as me simply saying that I had nothing to say at all?

The only posts I’d consider fluff may be the back-and-forth I had with modgod, but that has been genuinely helpful for me, honestly

So I consider things that dont add to the conversation or that are generally just lol funny posts to be fluff, allow me to elaborate, by explaining in order how I understood your posts:

Introduction - in its own category, saying hi, giving your general thoughts

1 - I consider this one to, while it does have some good stuff in it, to be more fluff than meat. You just give a "y'all agree i should be more talkative", then there is a little bit about word bombers, but you then spend a paragraph on saying "wow this was ominous" and that paragraph just felt very circular, and the last paragraph was just your opinion on not d1-elimming the mod.

2 - feels like role/ability baiting like "Oh we dont know what this means, what is she referring to" but doesn't have any self speculation, just like "huh it must refer to something we dont know about yet, wonder what that is"

3 I consider this fluff, since it doesnt really connect to any discussion happening around it, and is just "Hey how meta am i allowed to get here"

4 response to the response given to the above post, fluff / side conversation.

5 - You talk about your sleep schedule, then say you agree with what's already been said about leaving the lightning event alone for the time being, you then bump lyre's list, and the only bit i think is really meat -- actually you talking and not saying "yes i agree" is your introspective of yourself. This is the one that I refer to in my post without directly quoting it

6 Here you just point out people who've already been listed in the town trio, and kinda just refresh that the two had townread the top three townreads d1. There is some meat here in that you're addressing people who townread you, and then asking about d1 elims and if we should shift topics back onto that.

7 this post for me is just a lot of fluff because its you saying "I'm voting no elim, because I want to get my vote in, and that seems to be general consensus at the moment" Like, yes it is good to know why people do it, but for a no elim, at least personally I consider it to be a bit more on the fluff rather than meat side, because its just "This is the way majority is talking because there's too much we dont know, so im getting it out there that im voting along these lines"

8 the post i quoted and talked about

9 just a short post of talking about the hero/villain thing and asking storia a question

and then your most recent.

So yeah that's how I understood your posts, and why I classified them as majority fluff
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif