Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Legends&The Legendary [ENDED]
hewwo good morning!! @Fil ah ah that makes sense, thank you! hope you had a good slepp! re: mod post, i think it was from a lightning ability of a player, seeing that the message was from an "anonymous source" and delivered word-for-word. maybe? though, the talking style does resemble npc!modgod's talking style so it also might have just been a triggered event in the game (like how certain words being used in tangle's christmas b*stard game would trigger an event giving them presents?). i also don't see why this is something a player would use their (presumably limited-shot) lightning active ability on because i'd use it to anonymously announce any results i've recieved. [quote name="Storia" date="2023-03-09 04:42:04" ] Lightning - Lightning abilities take place immediately the moment they are processed by the mod; they do not have to wait for the end of a day/night phase to work. Essentially, you can think of it as the ability taking effect at the exact moment it is used (effect only delayed by my absence/downtime). [/quote] re: day 1 elims, i am also against a random vote [i]just[/i] for the sake of d1 elimming if not enough discussion is made to have a viable candidate. a random vote doesn't generate enough discussion for us to benefit from potentially losing a town member. which was essentially the point of elims! though, i do think that d1 [i]can[/i] have enough discussion to have an elim, and just sitting back and being content without a d1 elim (which leads to no discussion and finger-pointing we can use for our analysis d2 onwards) doesn't sit well with me. as such, i second ainsell in wanting to hear everyone's thoughts on their top two townreads (since it is hard to come up with scumreads so early in the game). setup speculation (i.e. what we're doing now with mod lightning event) is somewhat helpful but it shouldn't be the main focus! would like to hear everyone's thoughts on other players. i gotta go lunch and then have class, but i'll do my townreads post when i come back in a couple of hours!
hewwo good morning!!

@Fil ah ah that makes sense, thank you! hope you had a good slepp!

re: mod post, i think it was from a lightning ability of a player, seeing that the message was from an "anonymous source" and delivered word-for-word. maybe? though, the talking style does resemble npc!modgod's talking style so it also might have just been a triggered event in the game (like how certain words being used in tangle's christmas b*stard game would trigger an event giving them presents?). i also don't see why this is something a player would use their (presumably limited-shot) lightning active ability on because i'd use it to anonymously announce any results i've recieved.
Storia wrote on 2023-03-09 04:42:04:
Lightning - Lightning abilities take place immediately the moment they are processed by the mod; they do not have to wait for the end of a day/night phase to work. Essentially, you can think of it as the ability taking effect at the exact moment it is used (effect only delayed by my absence/downtime).

re: day 1 elims, i am also against a random vote just for the sake of d1 elimming if not enough discussion is made to have a viable candidate. a random vote doesn't generate enough discussion for us to benefit from potentially losing a town member. which was essentially the point of elims! though, i do think that d1 can have enough discussion to have an elim, and just sitting back and being content without a d1 elim (which leads to no discussion and finger-pointing we can use for our analysis d2 onwards) doesn't sit well with me.

as such, i second ainsell in wanting to hear everyone's thoughts on their top two townreads (since it is hard to come up with scumreads so early in the game). setup speculation (i.e. what we're doing now with mod lightning event) is somewhat helpful but it shouldn't be the main focus! would like to hear everyone's thoughts on other players.

i gotta go lunch and then have class, but i'll do my townreads post when i come back in a couple of hours!
jghAv2V.png
Ains, Market and Storm are my biggest three for being town as well, considering how talkative they've all been—Ains and Market in particular have been pushing hard for as much information as we can get, which would be dangerous for scum to push for as they could unearth something that makes them suspicious or conversely clears an intended target of suspicion

other than that, I'm definitely not confident enough to make any town or scum reads... maybe in hindsight this wasn't the best game to join as my first non-RP mafia on Flight Rising in particular (and first actual non-RP mafia game aside from ToS in YEARS), this is all pretty intense ahaha
Ains, Market and Storm are my biggest three for being town as well, considering how talkative they've all been—Ains and Market in particular have been pushing hard for as much information as we can get, which would be dangerous for scum to push for as they could unearth something that makes them suspicious or conversely clears an intended target of suspicion

other than that, I'm definitely not confident enough to make any town or scum reads... maybe in hindsight this wasn't the best game to join as my first non-RP mafia on Flight Rising in particular (and first actual non-RP mafia game aside from ToS in YEARS), this is all pretty intense ahaha
tRNevRC.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCutbug
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgenderfluid (any pronouns + ey/em)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdemiro-ace lesbian
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifautism/ADHD

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifRPer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifartist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifwannabe writer
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +3
tRNevRC.gif
oop my bad i took too long to type that post and didn't see everyone's read-posts!
oop my bad i took too long to type that post and didn't see everyone's read-posts!
jghAv2V.png
Tomorrow when I'm able to think a bit clearly I can go back through and see who definitely feels town to me. As of right now I would say that Storm definitely feels town from their reasonings for d1 elims and their push for more info. My other thought would be Marketplace with their reasonings and deductions and thoughts I've read this far. I can post a more detailed reasoning tomorrow when I'm more awake and able to word thoughts a bit better. But initially those are the two I feel are town to me.
Tomorrow when I'm able to think a bit clearly I can go back through and see who definitely feels town to me. As of right now I would say that Storm definitely feels town from their reasonings for d1 elims and their push for more info. My other thought would be Marketplace with their reasonings and deductions and thoughts I've read this far. I can post a more detailed reasoning tomorrow when I'm more awake and able to word thoughts a bit better. But initially those are the two I feel are town to me.
b5KyZI6.png Deifyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx he/him +3FRT arcane
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over,
until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an
edge to cut you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwishlist
[quote name="@Zikitty" date="2023-04-24 19:53:10" ] I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else). [/quote] I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all. Also HOO BOY 27 notifications my guys!! Like 4 or 5 weren't from this but still, I need to get back into the swing of things and pay attention!! Message delivered by modgod is interesting, I'll have to take note of that. Also I like Ains and Storm pushing for townreads. I'm going to look back and see how I think about everybody so far.
@Zikitty wrote on 2023-04-24 19:53:10:
I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else).

I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all.

Also HOO BOY 27 notifications my guys!! Like 4 or 5 weren't from this but still, I need to get back into the swing of things and pay attention!! Message delivered by modgod is interesting, I'll have to take note of that. Also I like Ains and Storm pushing for townreads. I'm going to look back and see how I think about everybody so far.
And when creation goes to die,
You can find me in the sky,
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
. tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[quote name="Marketplace" date="2023-04-24 19:06:49" ] so far, my interpretation of this message definitely involves roles, names, or both. not sure which. the last sentence also hints towards what i think is a neutral role that is connected directly to modgod. two things related to this i noted in the rules: -modgod has no active ability. this doesn't rule out a passive, and judging by the tone this story is going, it seems increasingly likely she does. -there is at least one neutral player with their own wincon. we don't know how many there are. again, judging by the tone of the story, there's probably one related to modgod in some manner. as for the masks, i mentioned it definitely relates to either roles or names, two things i know everyone has, and everyone is hiding. what she means by holding onto a few i don't know exactly, because there's no way to have multiple roles. however, names are a different story. maybe don't wholly disregard your other two name entries, but better safe than sorry not to disclose those ones either. what this is going to be important for was not disclosed. we're going to have to wait and see. [/quote] ah i was about to suggest that maybe there was a role speaking through the mod (specifically, a neutral role) but it looks like you already came to that conclusion!! i definitely think that your there is the strongest right now, with the idea of our alternate names we provided and the neutral role interacting with mod. it does beg the question: why would they use such cryptic terminology, and why use their ability so early in the game? in terms of people to keep an eye on, i think Marketplace and Dtorm are my top 2! I dont wanna fully commit to saying they are town but they are, in my opinion, the most noteable players as of now. theyve both contributed pretty greatly to helping guide discussions and helping propose theories leading to the game's progression. and so far i dont think i have any mafia suspects, although there are definitely still a few people who haven't talked much / have only talked in brief statements.
Marketplace wrote on 2023-04-24 19:06:49:
so far, my interpretation of this message definitely involves roles, names, or both. not sure which. the last sentence also hints towards what i think is a neutral role that is connected directly to modgod.

two things related to this i noted in the rules:
-modgod has no active ability. this doesn't rule out a passive, and judging by the tone this story is going, it seems increasingly likely she does.
-there is at least one neutral player with their own wincon. we don't know how many there are. again, judging by the tone of the story, there's probably one related to modgod in some manner.

as for the masks, i mentioned it definitely relates to either roles or names, two things i know everyone has, and everyone is hiding. what she means by holding onto a few i don't know exactly, because there's no way to have multiple roles. however, names are a different story. maybe don't wholly disregard your other two name entries, but better safe than sorry not to disclose those ones either.

what this is going to be important for was not disclosed. we're going to have to wait and see.
ah i was about to suggest that maybe there was a role speaking through the mod (specifically, a neutral role) but it looks like you already came to that conclusion!! i definitely think that your there is the strongest right now, with the idea of our alternate names we provided and the neutral role interacting with mod. it does beg the question: why would they use such cryptic terminology, and why use their ability so early in the game?

in terms of people to keep an eye on, i think Marketplace and Dtorm are my top 2! I dont wanna fully commit to saying they are town but they are, in my opinion, the most noteable players as of now. theyve both contributed pretty greatly to helping guide discussions and helping propose theories leading to the game's progression. and so far i dont think i have any mafia suspects, although there are definitely still a few people who haven't talked much / have only talked in brief statements.
Ohhhh forums are hell on mobile but here we go!!

(p.s. because I almost forgot: hello to Ains and everyone else I know from previous games!! Storm, Tangle, mcpearlie, CaptainTsundere, and hello to modgod herself :P also hello to all of the new faces I see! pleasure meeting y'all ^^)

First, the modgod message:
Of course, all of you are wearing masks. Maybe holding on to a few will be more helpful than one alone.
I believe Marketplace was the first one to connect masks to names (if not, apologies!) and I agree with this. I believe a few people brought up roles, but those are things that are hidden to everyone but ourselves. Names are things that are out in the open (or going to be) and are hiding our true identities as players. I believe y'all should keep your alternate names in mind throughout the game, just in case (I just went back and checked mine lol)

I'm going to do some reads, but because discussion seems fairly active right now and there are LOTS of players in this game, I'm going to post ISO, or isolated read, lists for everyone in this game first. If I do this right they should be really helpful with looking through a specific player's posts in the future.

1 . mcpearlie
2 . Tanglefire
3 . ArtMajor
4 . Ainsell
5 . lyrelore
6 . Viskara
7 . Marketplace
8 . CaptainTsundere
9 . KungFuCutBug
10 . Fil
11 . Temmeh
12 . Riverlight0
13 . FeebleNeedle
14 . Deify
15 . Achromaticism
16 . StormDreamer
17 . Zikitty
18 . Stories
Ohhhh forums are hell on mobile but here we go!!

(p.s. because I almost forgot: hello to Ains and everyone else I know from previous games!! Storm, Tangle, mcpearlie, CaptainTsundere, and hello to modgod herself :P also hello to all of the new faces I see! pleasure meeting y'all ^^)

First, the modgod message:
Of course, all of you are wearing masks. Maybe holding on to a few will be more helpful than one alone.
I believe Marketplace was the first one to connect masks to names (if not, apologies!) and I agree with this. I believe a few people brought up roles, but those are things that are hidden to everyone but ourselves. Names are things that are out in the open (or going to be) and are hiding our true identities as players. I believe y'all should keep your alternate names in mind throughout the game, just in case (I just went back and checked mine lol)

I'm going to do some reads, but because discussion seems fairly active right now and there are LOTS of players in this game, I'm going to post ISO, or isolated read, lists for everyone in this game first. If I do this right they should be really helpful with looking through a specific player's posts in the future.

1 . mcpearlie
2 . Tanglefire
3 . ArtMajor
4 . Ainsell
5 . lyrelore
6 . Viskara
7 . Marketplace
8 . CaptainTsundere
9 . KungFuCutBug
10 . Fil
11 . Temmeh
12 . Riverlight0
13 . FeebleNeedle
14 . Deify
15 . Achromaticism
16 . StormDreamer
17 . Zikitty
18 . Stories
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
Woken up, skimmed through, I still have stuff to do so will read carefully later.

Re: Lightning event
Honestly think it was triggered naturally/a mod thing/passive player ability. I don’t see any point in using an active ability that transmits cryptic messages in the middle of D1. Unless it’s like a chaotic 3p thing.

I don’t think we should dwell on it any longer because we’re just going in circles. We’ve probably gotten all the info/guesses we can have at this point.

———————————

Re: reads
Storm feels like town storm so far.

Ainsell feels fine for now but imo their scumtells (if they’re maf) are usually more obvious later in the game, so I’ll have to see.

Lyre feels fine for now.

Fil’s mistake in their roleclaim post wasn’t nice. I might have just missed them but I don’t think they’ve posted anything after that post. Might be just busy/timezone thing, or flying a bit under the radar?

Marketplace neutral-leaning-town read. I haven’t played with them before, but basing on what I skimmed so far, either nice townie or talkative mafia.

Can’t read Art at all despite playing with them before rip.

Feeble giving town newbie vibes so far.

The rest I either neutral lean or just have no read.
Woken up, skimmed through, I still have stuff to do so will read carefully later.

Re: Lightning event
Honestly think it was triggered naturally/a mod thing/passive player ability. I don’t see any point in using an active ability that transmits cryptic messages in the middle of D1. Unless it’s like a chaotic 3p thing.

I don’t think we should dwell on it any longer because we’re just going in circles. We’ve probably gotten all the info/guesses we can have at this point.

———————————

Re: reads
Storm feels like town storm so far.

Ainsell feels fine for now but imo their scumtells (if they’re maf) are usually more obvious later in the game, so I’ll have to see.

Lyre feels fine for now.

Fil’s mistake in their roleclaim post wasn’t nice. I might have just missed them but I don’t think they’ve posted anything after that post. Might be just busy/timezone thing, or flying a bit under the radar?

Marketplace neutral-leaning-town read. I haven’t played with them before, but basing on what I skimmed so far, either nice townie or talkative mafia.

Can’t read Art at all despite playing with them before rip.

Feeble giving town newbie vibes so far.

The rest I either neutral lean or just have no read.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
EDIT: number 18 on my previous post is Storia, auto"correct" struck at the last minute just when I thought I was safe
EDIT: number 18 on my previous post is Storia, auto"correct" struck at the last minute just when I thought I was safe
Upon the last day...
And you will be okay.
[quote name="lyrelore" date="2023-04-24 20:25:20" ] [quote name="Zikitty" date="2023-04-24 19:53:10" ] I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else). [/quote] I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all. [/quote] They're only based on activity, not dialogue, which is why I don't want to point fingers yet - I want to at least hear everyone talk a bit more so I can analyze how and what they're saying. So far everyone reads townie or neutral to me. I'll take this opportunity to say that if I feel I don't have anything to add/I'm not pinged with a question or something, I likely won't say anything at all.
lyrelore wrote on 2023-04-24 20:25:20:
Zikitty wrote on 2023-04-24 19:53:10:
I have a few half-made suspicions, but I'll admit it's too early in the game for me to be confident in myself (or anyone else).

I would encourage you to share your suspicions even if you're not confident in them! The rest of town can go over it and you never know, they might have some merit after all.

They're only based on activity, not dialogue, which is why I don't want to point fingers yet - I want to at least hear everyone talk a bit more so I can analyze how and what they're saying. So far everyone reads townie or neutral to me.

I'll take this opportunity to say that if I feel I don't have anything to add/I'm not pinged with a question or something, I likely won't say anything at all.
7UXlQKU.gif 0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> art for wishlist items
>> free outfit designs

>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Cache