Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN] Suspended Disbelief 2 - Discussion
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 104 105
Read time

@pasture

Gives me the vibe of 'always catching up with the thread', despite being in the game a lot longer than the person that they subbed in for. As such, really hard to get a solid read on them. The amulet slip up was probably just a slip up, but still something to note. Neutral read, as of right now, but I do hope that they claim an amulet soon.

@Starstream

Generally helpful. Slight town read. Was one of the d1 emerald choosers, but there's a chance that she genuinely did go for it.
Has been gunning for Argathakul since day one, so if Arga flips scum, it's likely that she's town, at least for me.
Hard to read as well though, but for now it's fine.

@ChaoticPotato

Pretty solid town read. Was one of the Ghostbur voters, but went for olive d1, which would be extremely hilarious if maf actually went for that one. Could have been a tactic to gain trust and she'd be the designated mafia killer that night, but that seems like a fairly dumb strategy, and she's been a helpful player otherwise.

@Shadowlugia711

Neutral, with a slight scum lean. Amulet choices, if she's not lying, were cerulean/cerise/cerulean, which maf would absolutely want to disable / use. Retracted vote d1 and didn't vote again, which is a bit strange. Also has the vibe of constantly catching up with the thread and letting others make the decisions for her.

@Shimmerwing

If I had to say my strongest scum read, it'd probably be them. This incident about claiming amulets before the night was over has bothered me since it happened, and while it could've been an innocent question, why ask before the night was over and mafia could target based off of amulet choice? Either it was fishing, or a townie actively helping maf by accident. Was also part of the ghostbur train and grabbed cerulean d2 and cerise d3. Regardless, both them and Arga are suspicious of each other and gun for each other, so the chances of both being scum are low. While my previous theory the last day cycle was proven wrong, I'm still not certain they are town.

@Argathakul

Idk how to feel about him, but as of right now slight scum. Speak!!!! Only voted d1 and then retracted it, so either a townie that cannot think for himself, or a maf member that does not want his votes tracked to him. One of his main suspects is Shadowlugia711, one of the other main suspects that I'm hearing from others.
For their combined lack of posts, Heartlessdemon and Arga do talk together a lot. He also recently brought down HeartlessDemon from town read to neutral, was this a backtrack to seem less scummy / associated?

@HeartlessDemon

Same as Arga, slight scum due to just a lack of, everything. Speak!!!!! If we wanted to talk about posts feeling rehearsed, this one does feel like one as well. Voted for Argathakul d1 and d2, tin foil theory if we want to assume both are scum is that Heartless wanted to seem more trustworthy by voting off a fellow scum member. To me, seems a bit more likely that Shimmer and Heartless are connected rather than Heartless and Arga, but I won't deny the possibility of the latter.

@Varikset

One of the few keeping the thread going o7. Amulet choices seem normal, especially the one during d1. Cerise is eh, but I can't say much on that matter lmao. Silver is also understandable for a townie, but then again with all three, could be scum disabling / attempting to use. Imo, for there to have not gotten a successful scum lunch so far, I feel scum needs a more experienced mafia player to lead, and this could be either crows or shimmer. But I kinda doubt it's crows, and there's always the possibility that scum is just getting by by just not posting.
Read time

@pasture

Gives me the vibe of 'always catching up with the thread', despite being in the game a lot longer than the person that they subbed in for. As such, really hard to get a solid read on them. The amulet slip up was probably just a slip up, but still something to note. Neutral read, as of right now, but I do hope that they claim an amulet soon.

@Starstream

Generally helpful. Slight town read. Was one of the d1 emerald choosers, but there's a chance that she genuinely did go for it.
Has been gunning for Argathakul since day one, so if Arga flips scum, it's likely that she's town, at least for me.
Hard to read as well though, but for now it's fine.

@ChaoticPotato

Pretty solid town read. Was one of the Ghostbur voters, but went for olive d1, which would be extremely hilarious if maf actually went for that one. Could have been a tactic to gain trust and she'd be the designated mafia killer that night, but that seems like a fairly dumb strategy, and she's been a helpful player otherwise.

@Shadowlugia711

Neutral, with a slight scum lean. Amulet choices, if she's not lying, were cerulean/cerise/cerulean, which maf would absolutely want to disable / use. Retracted vote d1 and didn't vote again, which is a bit strange. Also has the vibe of constantly catching up with the thread and letting others make the decisions for her.

@Shimmerwing

If I had to say my strongest scum read, it'd probably be them. This incident about claiming amulets before the night was over has bothered me since it happened, and while it could've been an innocent question, why ask before the night was over and mafia could target based off of amulet choice? Either it was fishing, or a townie actively helping maf by accident. Was also part of the ghostbur train and grabbed cerulean d2 and cerise d3. Regardless, both them and Arga are suspicious of each other and gun for each other, so the chances of both being scum are low. While my previous theory the last day cycle was proven wrong, I'm still not certain they are town.

@Argathakul

Idk how to feel about him, but as of right now slight scum. Speak!!!! Only voted d1 and then retracted it, so either a townie that cannot think for himself, or a maf member that does not want his votes tracked to him. One of his main suspects is Shadowlugia711, one of the other main suspects that I'm hearing from others.
For their combined lack of posts, Heartlessdemon and Arga do talk together a lot. He also recently brought down HeartlessDemon from town read to neutral, was this a backtrack to seem less scummy / associated?

@HeartlessDemon

Same as Arga, slight scum due to just a lack of, everything. Speak!!!!! If we wanted to talk about posts feeling rehearsed, this one does feel like one as well. Voted for Argathakul d1 and d2, tin foil theory if we want to assume both are scum is that Heartless wanted to seem more trustworthy by voting off a fellow scum member. To me, seems a bit more likely that Shimmer and Heartless are connected rather than Heartless and Arga, but I won't deny the possibility of the latter.

@Varikset

One of the few keeping the thread going o7. Amulet choices seem normal, especially the one during d1. Cerise is eh, but I can't say much on that matter lmao. Silver is also understandable for a townie, but then again with all three, could be scum disabling / attempting to use. Imo, for there to have not gotten a successful scum lunch so far, I feel scum needs a more experienced mafia player to lead, and this could be either crows or shimmer. But I kinda doubt it's crows, and there's always the possibility that scum is just getting by by just not posting.
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
We're almost through d4, only two votes on the lunch thread and two people who haven't claimed an amulet or have posted this day cycle at all, quite concerning ngl
We're almost through d4, only two votes on the lunch thread and two people who haven't claimed an amulet or have posted this day cycle at all, quite concerning ngl
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
While I'd love to join in and give my own read list, my old one from a few pages back has basically not changed too much ([url =https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3124633/91#post_50979779]this one[/url]) but I do want to make a few amends. I am very much not liking @HeartlessDemon's inactivity today. I get that it can be hard to hop on, but there's a few other points against them that have already been brought up (rehearsed posts, was Arga town lean etc.) If Arga flips red I think Heartless is a good next step to look into. @ShadowLugia711/@Shimmerwing I think one of you is scum. Quoted Argathakul's original sus list at the bottom and I'm kinda liking my theory that a scum is in each category. Of course we could also consider that no one in the bottom category is Mafia, I'd doubt it. Im thinking Arga didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket, so shoved a scum in bottom tier. I think he didn't promote anyone out of scum tier to look credible,, but but wanted to keep scum out of the town tier for... reasons. I'm not too sure, the dropping of people into nuetral as time goes on doesn't make me happy. And we already know that Beheaded was Mafia. So one of you could be scum, and people have already pointed out why you seem sus, but i don't don't both of you would be scum. It's one or the other. I'm not too sure about who. Shimmerwing is just so hard to read, and so is ShadowLugia711, so... I guess I feel less good about Shadow, so I'll put my bigger lean there. I just want to say that one or the other is probably maf. Not both, and probably not neither. Ambrose turned out to be town. So if I am, somehow, right about either Firo, Blue, Ambrose of Crow being scum, it would be Crow. However. Crow seems to be townie. For the same reasons as the post previously, plus helping out with discussions right now, all lead me to a town lean on @Varikset. @pasture working on my theory of a scum I each OG read, you're the most scummy out of the original nuetrals. Again, I get you subbed out, but the vibes I'm getting haven't improved and it has been awhile. Plus it's been regrettably quiet, so there should be plenty of space to jump in. Out of my scum Reads Reads think you'd be the last pursuit. To sum up: Town: Starstream (see previous readlist, nothing changed there) Crow(ditto) Vrykolakas (improved town lean thanks to day 4 discussion) Scum: Argathakul, HeartlessDemon, pasture, and either Shimmerwing OR ShadowLugia711. Pretty sure I got everyone. And looking at it I think we have 9 living people and probably 3 scum left. So I think even if we, somehow, mislynch today (praying we dont) and a successful NK, we should only be down to 7 people, leaving us a skin of our teeth situation where town can still win. Vry please keep snagging Cerise, or some other townie, we can't afford to let another NK slip through. We can win. We are down to the wire, but it is possible. (Though we were down to 8 because I kept forgetting to count myself, aidkdhfhx) [quote name="Argathakul" [quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-11 17:34:40" ] Town Reads- Vrykolakas, Ambrose, Varikset, ThisOneisBlue, HeartlessDemon Neutral Reads- Pasture, Solstices, Starstream, ChaoticPotato, Warriorgirl1234, Beheaded, Firo Prime Suspects- ShadowLugia711, Shimmerwing [/quote] Amulet claim list in the next post for tidyness!
While I'd love to join in and give my own read list, my old one from a few pages back has basically not changed too much (this one) but I do want to make a few amends.

I am very much not liking @HeartlessDemon's inactivity today. I get that it can be hard to hop on, but there's a few other points against them that have already been brought up (rehearsed posts, was Arga town lean etc.) If Arga flips red I think Heartless is a good next step to look into.

@ShadowLugia711/@Shimmerwing I think one of you is scum. Quoted Argathakul's original sus list at the bottom and I'm kinda liking my theory that a scum is in each category. Of course we could also consider that no one in the bottom category is Mafia, I'd doubt it. Im thinking Arga didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket, so shoved a scum in bottom tier. I think he didn't promote anyone out of scum tier to look credible,, but but wanted to keep scum out of the town tier for... reasons. I'm not too sure, the dropping of people into nuetral as time goes on doesn't make me happy. And we already know that Beheaded was Mafia.

So one of you could be scum, and people have already pointed out why you seem sus, but i don't don't both of you would be scum. It's one or the other. I'm not too sure about who. Shimmerwing is just so hard to read, and so is ShadowLugia711, so... I guess I feel less good about Shadow, so I'll put my bigger lean there. I just want to say that one or the other is probably maf. Not both, and probably not neither.

Ambrose turned out to be town. So if I am, somehow, right about either Firo, Blue, Ambrose of Crow being scum, it would be Crow. However. Crow seems to be townie. For the same reasons as the post previously, plus helping out with discussions right now, all lead me to a town lean on @Varikset.

@pasture working on my theory of a scum I each OG read, you're the most scummy out of the original nuetrals. Again, I get you subbed out, but the vibes I'm getting haven't improved and it has been awhile. Plus it's been regrettably quiet, so there should be plenty of space to jump in. Out of my scum Reads Reads think you'd be the last pursuit.

To sum up:

Town: Starstream (see previous readlist, nothing changed there) Crow(ditto) Vrykolakas (improved town lean thanks to day 4 discussion)

Scum: Argathakul, HeartlessDemon, pasture, and either Shimmerwing OR ShadowLugia711.

Pretty sure I got everyone. And looking at it I think we have 9 living people and probably 3 scum left. So I think even if we, somehow, mislynch today (praying we dont) and a successful NK, we should only be down to 7 people, leaving us a skin of our teeth situation where town can still win. Vry please keep snagging Cerise, or some other townie, we can't afford to let another NK slip through. We can win. We are down to the wire, but it is possible. (Though we were down to 8 because I kept forgetting to count myself, aidkdhfhx)

[quote name="Argathakul"
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-11 17:34:40:
Town Reads- Vrykolakas, Ambrose, Varikset, ThisOneisBlue, HeartlessDemon

Neutral Reads- Pasture, Solstices, Starstream, ChaoticPotato, Warriorgirl1234, Beheaded, Firo

Prime Suspects- ShadowLugia711, Shimmerwing

Amulet claim list in the next post for tidyness!
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="Vrykolakas" date="2022-04-19 13:40:50" ] We're almost through d4, only two votes on the lunch thread and two people who haven't claimed an amulet or have posted this day cycle at all, quite concerning ngl [/quote] Yup. But I think we can still get through this and Qin if we can keep people talking. Obviously we can't force the silent ones to talk, but I've read them as scum (my reads are no guarantee, but gor my peace of mind...) so if they turn out to be scum and remain silent...
Vrykolakas wrote on 2022-04-19 13:40:50:
Yup. But I think we can still get through this and Qin if we can keep people talking. Obviously we can't force the silent ones to talk, but I've read them as scum (my reads are no guarantee, but gor my peace of mind...) so if they turn out to be scum and remain silent...
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
Amulets:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing, Vrykolakas

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

Cerulean (contested)- Shadowlugia711

Silver (uncontested) - Varikset

Claims missing: Argathakul, pasture, HeartlessDemon
Amulets:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing, Vrykolakas

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

Cerulean (contested)- Shadowlugia711

Silver (uncontested) - Varikset

Claims missing: Argathakul, pasture, HeartlessDemon

Clayton Academy
I am aware that I shoved 4 people in my supposed scum list (Shadow and Shimmer are 1 scum slot, that either of them fill) but I also noted that Shadow/Shimmer could be town with the scum slot from Arg containing only townies. That's assuming there's only 3 Mafia left (rip Beheaded) but there could be 4, for some reason. 3 just feels like the most likely from our earlier assumptions of the ratio.

@StormDreamer any chance you feel like telling us how many scum are left UwU (pretty sure earlier on someone said you were keeping it a secret on purpose, but I figure asking publicly couldn't hurt haha)
I am aware that I shoved 4 people in my supposed scum list (Shadow and Shimmer are 1 scum slot, that either of them fill) but I also noted that Shadow/Shimmer could be town with the scum slot from Arg containing only townies. That's assuming there's only 3 Mafia left (rip Beheaded) but there could be 4, for some reason. 3 just feels like the most likely from our earlier assumptions of the ratio.

@StormDreamer any chance you feel like telling us how many scum are left UwU (pretty sure earlier on someone said you were keeping it a secret on purpose, but I figure asking publicly couldn't hurt haha)

Clayton Academy
Oh, also (so many posts in a row why can't I get all my thoughts at once) the "scum in nuetral" could be Beheaded, so pasture could also be in the clear, but I'm not liking the silence too much. pasture, Arg, and HeartlessDemon have all gone quiet, and... it's just not fun for me. So I did kinda make a mistake saying that pasture could have been the nuetral scum because we had Beheaded, but that was a theory+Arg could have kept scum out of his scumreads or something. Still seeing pasture as scummy a bit despite the brain fart
Oh, also (so many posts in a row why can't I get all my thoughts at once) the "scum in nuetral" could be Beheaded, so pasture could also be in the clear, but I'm not liking the silence too much. pasture, Arg, and HeartlessDemon have all gone quiet, and... it's just not fun for me. So I did kinda make a mistake saying that pasture could have been the nuetral scum because we had Beheaded, but that was a theory+Arg could have kept scum out of his scumreads or something. Still seeing pasture as scummy a bit despite the brain fart

Clayton Academy
@Varikset [quote=Varikset]note: while Starstream pinged Beheaded for more discussion, she also was speaking for Beheaded, but Starstream is one of the people who interacted the most with that particular slot, from what I'm seeing[/quote] I wasn't exactly speaking for Beheaded. At that point, I was just explaining my thought pattern since they were from ToS. I was also originally from ToS and had the ToS mentality of quick rounds, etc. when I first started to play forum mafia. [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2022-04-19 13:49:45" ] While I'd love to join in and give my own read list, my old one from a few pages back has basically not changed too much ([url =https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3124633/91#post_50979779]this one[/url]) but I do want to make a few amends. I am very much not liking @/HeartlessDemon's inactivity today. I get that it can be hard to hop on, but there's a few other points against them that have already been brought up (rehearsed posts, was Arga town lean etc.) If Arga flips red I think Heartless is a good next step to look into. @/ShadowLugia711/@/Shimmerwing I think one of you is scum. Quoted Argathakul's original sus list at the bottom and I'm kinda liking my theory that a scum is in each category. Of course we could also consider that no one in the bottom category is Mafia, I'd doubt it. Im thinking Arga didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket, so shoved a scum in bottom tier. I think he didn't promote anyone out of scum tier to look credible,, but but wanted to keep scum out of the town tier for... reasons. I'm not too sure, the dropping of people into nuetral as time goes on doesn't make me happy. And we already know that Beheaded was Mafia. So one of you could be scum, and people have already pointed out why you seem sus, but i don't don't both of you would be scum. It's one or the other. I'm not too sure about who. Shimmerwing is just so hard to read, and so is ShadowLugia711, so... I guess I feel less good about Shadow, so I'll put my bigger lean there. I just want to say that one or the other is probably maf. Not both, and probably not neither. [/quote] I agree with this. I feel more strong about Shimmer being town at this point than scum as I've liked some of their posts later on in the game. Shadow on the other hand, just seems like scum to me for obvious reasons I have mentioned earlier. My current reads: Strong town: Potatoe Slight Town/Neutral: Varikset, Vrykolakas Neutral/Slight Town: Pasture Scum: Argathakul, Heartless, Shimmerwing, Shadow Out of those I think scum is between Shimmer and Shadow -- I don't think both will flip as scum, but there is a possibility and I think that Shadow is most likely to flip as scum. I feel like both Heartless and Argathakul are scum.
@Varikset
Varikset wrote:
note: while Starstream pinged Beheaded for more discussion, she also was speaking for Beheaded, but Starstream is one of the people who interacted the most with that particular slot, from what I'm seeing

I wasn't exactly speaking for Beheaded. At that point, I was just explaining my thought pattern since they were from ToS. I was also originally from ToS and had the ToS mentality of quick rounds, etc. when I first started to play forum mafia.
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2022-04-19 13:49:45:
While I'd love to join in and give my own read list, my old one from a few pages back has basically not changed too much (this one) but I do want to make a few amends.

I am very much not liking @/HeartlessDemon's inactivity today. I get that it can be hard to hop on, but there's a few other points against them that have already been brought up (rehearsed posts, was Arga town lean etc.) If Arga flips red I think Heartless is a good next step to look into.

@/ShadowLugia711/@/Shimmerwing I think one of you is scum. Quoted Argathakul's original sus list at the bottom and I'm kinda liking my theory that a scum is in each category. Of course we could also consider that no one in the bottom category is Mafia, I'd doubt it. Im thinking Arga didn't want to put all his eggs in one basket, so shoved a scum in bottom tier. I think he didn't promote anyone out of scum tier to look credible,, but but wanted to keep scum out of the town tier for... reasons. I'm not too sure, the dropping of people into nuetral as time goes on doesn't make me happy. And we already know that Beheaded was Mafia.

So one of you could be scum, and people have already pointed out why you seem sus, but i don't don't both of you would be scum. It's one or the other. I'm not too sure about who. Shimmerwing is just so hard to read, and so is ShadowLugia711, so... I guess I feel less good about Shadow, so I'll put my bigger lean there. I just want to say that one or the other is probably maf. Not both, and probably not neither.

I agree with this. I feel more strong about Shimmer being town at this point than scum as I've liked some of their posts later on in the game. Shadow on the other hand, just seems like scum to me for obvious reasons I have mentioned earlier.

My current reads:

Strong town: Potatoe
Slight Town/Neutral: Varikset, Vrykolakas
Neutral/Slight Town: Pasture
Scum: Argathakul, Heartless, Shimmerwing, Shadow

Out of those I think scum is between Shimmer and Shadow -- I don't think both will flip as scum, but there is a possibility and I think that Shadow is most likely to flip as scum.

I feel like both Heartless and Argathakul are scum.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
I went from feeling super bad about our odds to feeling almost sorta okay. If Arg flips red that leaves 2/3 scum, and I'm feeling pretty great about at least 2 of my town leans. The ratio evens out a bit. We have a chance even losing people to a nightkill if we can manage to avoid another mislynch, and I think we will. I don't think there's too many wiggly susses at the moment and we can get scum. Winning doesn't feel too far fetched.
I went from feeling super bad about our odds to feeling almost sorta okay. If Arg flips red that leaves 2/3 scum, and I'm feeling pretty great about at least 2 of my town leans. The ratio evens out a bit. We have a chance even losing people to a nightkill if we can manage to avoid another mislynch, and I think we will. I don't think there's too many wiggly susses at the moment and we can get scum. Winning doesn't feel too far fetched.

Clayton Academy
I also know for a fact there couldn't have been more than 5 original scum because otherwise we would have lost already. So we're looking at a max of 4 Mafia left in the game.
I also know for a fact there couldn't have been more than 5 original scum because otherwise we would have lost already. So we're looking at a max of 4 Mafia left in the game.

Clayton Academy
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 104 105