Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN] Suspended Disbelief 2 - Discussion
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 104 105
at this stage i'm growing more and more suspicious of argathakul. like, yeah, life is hectic but staying alive is not the main goal of being town. the cost of one mislynch and one nk is high: we might as well be in MyLo now as far as i'm concerned and it is unsettling how the scum have concealed themselves perfectly (arguably, for some reason townies act more "suspicious" than those who slither in the dark so hmm.)

i, of course, dislike the notion of being nk'd through a vigshot when i Have in fact contributed to the discussion (albeit to a lesser extent than the more proactive members) which is interesting.

@Shadowlugia711

say, if you managed to grab cerise, targetted me and flipped green. would that not be putting suspicion on yourself? at this stage of the game, when i am not the majority vote (so far), did you consider it a pro-town act of vigshotting me? i'm just curious about your rationale behind that choice.

also. d3 amulet choices y'all.

mine was contested cerise. not surprised, i didnt expect it to be in play and i am glad that it was contested because no extra nks for scum.
at this stage i'm growing more and more suspicious of argathakul. like, yeah, life is hectic but staying alive is not the main goal of being town. the cost of one mislynch and one nk is high: we might as well be in MyLo now as far as i'm concerned and it is unsettling how the scum have concealed themselves perfectly (arguably, for some reason townies act more "suspicious" than those who slither in the dark so hmm.)

i, of course, dislike the notion of being nk'd through a vigshot when i Have in fact contributed to the discussion (albeit to a lesser extent than the more proactive members) which is interesting.

@Shadowlugia711

say, if you managed to grab cerise, targetted me and flipped green. would that not be putting suspicion on yourself? at this stage of the game, when i am not the majority vote (so far), did you consider it a pro-town act of vigshotting me? i'm just curious about your rationale behind that choice.

also. d3 amulet choices y'all.

mine was contested cerise. not surprised, i didnt expect it to be in play and i am glad that it was contested because no extra nks for scum.
9wQxglT.png
Aha. Dang. Okay. Um.

I was kinda expecting to die. Less so than the paranoid feeling the other night, but still.

I'm gonna be straight with everyone: Uncontested Rose. I snagged it because after I proposed my whole "Sol had Rose and knew they could secure a mislynch" theory (debunked) I was afraid Mafia would like that idea and go for Rose. I mean, look at us. We're a small group. I don't think it'll be an issue, pretty sure I'll end up voting with the majority, but if there's some sort of split please keep that in kind.
Aha. Dang. Okay. Um.

I was kinda expecting to die. Less so than the paranoid feeling the other night, but still.

I'm gonna be straight with everyone: Uncontested Rose. I snagged it because after I proposed my whole "Sol had Rose and knew they could secure a mislynch" theory (debunked) I was afraid Mafia would like that idea and go for Rose. I mean, look at us. We're a small group. I don't think it'll be an issue, pretty sure I'll end up voting with the majority, but if there's some sort of split please keep that in kind.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="Varikset" date="2022-04-18 03:49:21" ] also regarding the voting today, while I'm not actually opposed to a Lugia lynch, I'd rather not count on a modkill to take care of potential scum for us either I do not like Vrykolakas and pasture's stance on this matter [/quote] I'd have to agree. And while it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, being promoted to a town read, I feel like it changed a bit ago from strange to maybe probably townie. I'm also not too happy about how Arg basically said that his reads haven't changed, or dropped from town read to nuetral. Reasoning being later in the game seems counter intuitive, because later on I feel like more people would be read as townie. And call me crazy but Argathakul said he saw Ambrose as town read (me and Abrose being the only living town reads now) and then Ambrose was the nightkill. On that note I don't like being the only Town read alive at this point. It's not super comforting to know your only companions are the dead. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are reading Shimmer and Shadow as scum, so I'm not sure how I feel about them being on the "Prime Suspect" tier. [quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-17 21:56:30" ] Sorry for not talking very much @StormDreamer! Life's really in a tangle for me recently. I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off. Another note, I'd like to point out the accuracy of this old suspicion list I made on D2, and it's accuracy. -snip- Unfortunately Vrykolakas, Varikset, and HeartlessDemon have all dropped to Neutral Reads, but that's just because with less living townies, new associations will inevitably form as the game continues. [/quote] On the second half, that wording is not fun. But with that first half it felt like the first sentence was almost admitting to being scum. "I appreciate sacrificing two people to stay alive," but then Arg corrected and said that we should look at the "accuracy of (his) old suspicion list (he) made on D2 and its accuracy." The redundancy for one thing. Plus with it not even being that accurate? Shoving everyone in nuetral doesn't make you right for every flip, and we're not even sure if your most sus people are scum. I really don't like it and I think I'll vote Arg. Re: I have the Rose amulet today, so please keep that in mind.
Varikset wrote on 2022-04-18 03:49:21:
also regarding the voting today, while I'm not actually opposed to a Lugia lynch, I'd rather not count on a modkill to take care of potential scum for us either

I do not like Vrykolakas and pasture's stance on this matter
I'd have to agree. And while it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, being promoted to a town read, I feel like it changed a bit ago from strange to maybe probably townie. I'm also not too happy about how Arg basically said that his reads haven't changed, or dropped from town read to nuetral. Reasoning being later in the game seems counter intuitive, because later on I feel like more people would be read as townie. And call me crazy but Argathakul said he saw Ambrose as town read (me and Abrose being the only living town reads now) and then Ambrose was the nightkill.

On that note I don't like being the only Town read alive at this point. It's not super comforting to know your only companions are the dead. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are reading Shimmer and Shadow as scum, so I'm not sure how I feel about them being on the "Prime Suspect" tier.

Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-17 21:56:30:
Sorry for not talking very much @StormDreamer! Life's really in a tangle for me recently.

I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off. Another note, I'd like to point out the accuracy of this old suspicion list I made on D2, and it's accuracy.
-snip-
Unfortunately Vrykolakas, Varikset, and HeartlessDemon have all dropped to Neutral Reads, but that's just because with less living townies, new associations will inevitably form as the game continues.
On the second half, that wording is not fun. But with that first half it felt like the first sentence was almost admitting to being scum. "I appreciate sacrificing two people to stay alive," but then Arg corrected and said that we should look at the "accuracy of (his) old suspicion list (he) made on D2 and its accuracy." The redundancy for one thing. Plus with it not even being that accurate? Shoving everyone in nuetral doesn't make you right for every flip, and we're not even sure if your most sus people are scum. I really don't like it and I think I'll vote Arg. Re: I have the Rose amulet today, so please keep that in mind.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2022-04-18 07:24:52" ] On the second half, that wording is not fun. But with that first half it felt like the first sentence was almost admitting to being scum. "I appreciate sacrificing two people to stay alive," but then Arg corrected and said that we should look at the "accuracy of (his) old suspicion list (he) made on D2 and its accuracy." The redundancy for one thing. Plus with it not even being that accurate? Shoving everyone in nuetral doesn't make you right for every flip, and we're not even sure if your most sus people are scum. I really don't like it and I think I'll vote Arg. Re: I have the Rose amulet today, so please keep that in mind. [/quote] That is not how I intended to sound, Potato. I never said self-preservation was my top priority, in fact I said I would rather have gotten lynched D2 and kept Warrior and Solstices alive than be alive right now. Having neutral reads on a list isn't a bad thing either; it just means they don't have the highest chance of being scum in my eyes. Also, the point of the list was not to use the dead for clout, but to reiterate both of my Prime Suspects are alive. And just because said scum reads aren't dead doesn't mean they're town. I might even say the opposite, since mafia never kills their own, or those who are likely to get lynched soon. I will address Crows' connection question soon
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2022-04-18 07:24:52:
On the second half, that wording is not fun. But with that first half it felt like the first sentence was almost admitting to being scum. "I appreciate sacrificing two people to stay alive," but then Arg corrected and said that we should look at the "accuracy of (his) old suspicion list (he) made on D2 and its accuracy." The redundancy for one thing. Plus with it not even being that accurate? Shoving everyone in nuetral doesn't make you right for every flip, and we're not even sure if your most sus people are scum. I really don't like it and I think I'll vote Arg. Re: I have the Rose amulet today, so please keep that in mind.
That is not how I intended to sound, Potato. I never said self-preservation was my top priority, in fact I said I would rather have gotten lynched D2 and kept Warrior and Solstices alive than be alive right now. Having neutral reads on a list isn't a bad thing either; it just means they don't have the highest chance of being scum in my eyes. Also, the point of the list was not to use the dead for clout, but to reiterate both of my Prime Suspects are alive.
And just because said scum reads aren't dead doesn't mean they're town. I might even say the opposite, since mafia never kills their own, or those who are likely to get lynched soon.

I will address Crows' connection question soon
toaster
[quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-17 21:56:30" ] I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off. [/quote] I'm sorry but I won't ever read that as "I wish I was lynched instead." I also never said that having juetral reads was bad. I said you can't claim to be right when most people are in that nuetral category, or are dead, and that as time goes on people should be moved OUT not IN. And... Okay? I mean, when you specifically call out that you think Ambrose is town, which I don't think really needed to be said because of how "accurate" your readlist was, before Ambrose was targeted for the night kill is gonna read as a little scummy. In addition, I never said that scummy reads being alive = town. I just said that with you claiming "accuracy" and having two people on your Prime Suspect tier, it feels like you're trying to say "see how right I am? See these two? I have been right so far so you should vote them." Is that what you're saying? Maybe not, but you are top of a lot of people's sus lists right now. (You also can't say that someone being alive is indicative of scumminess either- we're all alive. Yeah, scum isn't gonna murder scum, but only so many people can die at once. Basically, being alive or dead doesn't really determine your alignment too much.)
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-17 21:56:30:
I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off.

I'm sorry but I won't ever read that as "I wish I was lynched instead."

I also never said that having juetral reads was bad. I said you can't claim to be right when most people are in that nuetral category, or are dead, and that as time goes on people should be moved OUT not IN. And... Okay? I mean, when you specifically call out that you think Ambrose is town, which I don't think really needed to be said because of how "accurate" your readlist was, before Ambrose was targeted for the night kill is gonna read as a little scummy. In addition, I never said that scummy reads being alive = town. I just said that with you claiming "accuracy" and having two people on your Prime Suspect tier, it feels like you're trying to say "see how right I am? See these two? I have been right so far so you should vote them." Is that what you're saying? Maybe not, but you are top of a lot of people's sus lists right now. (You also can't say that someone being alive is indicative of scumminess either- we're all alive. Yeah, scum isn't gonna murder scum, but only so many people can die at once. Basically, being alive or dead doesn't really determine your alignment too much.)

Clayton Academy
@Argathakul "I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off. "

This just sounds so scummy in general. At this point, if you were town you would not be saying this. Town should not be trying to stay alive, but instead be actually contributing to discussion.

I'm honestly having a lot of real life stuff going on this week and honestly wasn't expecting to be alive this far into the game. I might not be as active as I once was because of real life issues. I would sub out, but since there are no subs, my slot would just be mod killed which will put town in an even worst position. I will see if I can squeeze in some time today, since tomorrow I know will be even more crazy, to do some reads on a few other players, but no guarantees. Sorry everyone!
@Argathakul "I appreciate being alive, it came at the cost of two townies getting voted off. "

This just sounds so scummy in general. At this point, if you were town you would not be saying this. Town should not be trying to stay alive, but instead be actually contributing to discussion.

I'm honestly having a lot of real life stuff going on this week and honestly wasn't expecting to be alive this far into the game. I might not be as active as I once was because of real life issues. I would sub out, but since there are no subs, my slot would just be mod killed which will put town in an even worst position. I will see if I can squeeze in some time today, since tomorrow I know will be even more crazy, to do some reads on a few other players, but no guarantees. Sorry everyone!
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
So far amulets claimed so far:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

So far amulets claimed so far:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
(No worries, take care of your real life self!)

I'm getting slightly impatient for @Argathakul's response. I mean I get that there's probably a lot to catch up on but I'm excited to finally hear what you have to say.
(No worries, take care of your real life self!)

I'm getting slightly impatient for @Argathakul's response. I mean I get that there's probably a lot to catch up on but I'm excited to finally hear what you have to say.

Clayton Academy
[quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2022-04-18 04:47:41" ] [snip]@/Shadowlugia711 say, if you managed to grab cerise, targetted me and flipped green. would that not be putting suspicion on yourself? at this stage of the game, when i am not the majority vote (so far), did you consider it a pro-town act of vigshotting me? i'm just curious about your rationale behind that choice. [snip] [/quote] With all vigshots, there is a risk. I was aware you could possibly flip town if I had killed you, and hat would place heavy suspicion on me. However, I figured that if we'd had lynched Argakuthul like we planned, and I killed you, we'd potentially be killing two birds with one cycle. Of course, best laid plans.
Shimmerwing wrote on 2022-04-18 04:47:41:
[snip]@/Shadowlugia711

[snip]

With all vigshots, there is a risk. I was aware you could possibly flip town if I had killed you, and hat would place heavy suspicion on me. However, I figured that if we'd had lynched Argakuthul like we planned, and I killed you, we'd potentially be killing two birds with one cycle. Of course, best laid plans.
I feel like at this point town should only be grabbing Cerise to stop maf from getting another nk. Maybe earlier when we had more leverage, but now there's just too few people to risk missing a shot. We're probably in MyLo/LyLo by now. It's a moot point because no one got it last night but that's my two cents. I mean if you managed to guess right then great, but I don't think anyone really has strong enough vibes. Or I'd suggest shooting the next day discussed lynch target, rather than someone who has mild vibes either way.

A bit rambly, but I'm rushed right now. At work.
I feel like at this point town should only be grabbing Cerise to stop maf from getting another nk. Maybe earlier when we had more leverage, but now there's just too few people to risk missing a shot. We're probably in MyLo/LyLo by now. It's a moot point because no one got it last night but that's my two cents. I mean if you managed to guess right then great, but I don't think anyone really has strong enough vibes. Or I'd suggest shooting the next day discussed lynch target, rather than someone who has mild vibes either way.

A bit rambly, but I'm rushed right now. At work.

Clayton Academy
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 104 105