Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIN] Suspended Disbelief 2 - Discussion
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 104 105
[quote name="Vrykolakas" date="2022-04-19 13:25:46" ] -snip- @/pasture Gives me the vibe of 'always catching up with the thread', despite being in the game a lot longer than the person that they subbed in for. As such, really hard to get a solid read on them. The amulet slip up was probably just a slip up, but still something to note. Neutral read, as of right now, but I do hope that they claim an amulet soon. -snip- [/quote] Ahahaha :,3 Honestly you're right. But for the wrong reasons. I will come forwards and say that I [i]am[/i] always trying to keep up but failing to do so because I'm currently way out of my element right now. April is a very hectic month for me due to some very unfortunate life stuff getting in the way. Honestly, this whole game has been a very constant reminder that, despite still really liking Mafia games, I do not have as much freetime as I did when I was younger. However, that's on me, and I do apologize since it has affected the gameplay :,3... So sorry I was silent! I promise it was just me in general not being on Flight Rising. However, with this post I try to catch up; I claimed the Aquamarine amulet this time around again. However, it was contested. Not surprising to me, but as far as people claiming, I feel like someone [i]has[/i] to be lying and f*cking with me. The reason claiming Aquamarine was because to subscribe to Emerald+ and actually follow a player last night. Understandably, I believe Mafia just wants to effectively keep that role out of play. I hope to get a readslist out of everyone left in the game by the end of the day, tonight. But I just wanted to at least give a bit of an update + apologize for my absence.
Vrykolakas wrote on 2022-04-19 13:25:46:
-snip-

@/pasture

Gives me the vibe of 'always catching up with the thread', despite being in the game a lot longer than the person that they subbed in for. As such, really hard to get a solid read on them. The amulet slip up was probably just a slip up, but still something to note. Neutral read, as of right now, but I do hope that they claim an amulet soon.

-snip-

Ahahaha :,3 Honestly you're right. But for the wrong reasons.

I will come forwards and say that I am always trying to keep up but failing to do so because I'm currently way out of my element right now. April is a very hectic month for me due to some very unfortunate life stuff getting in the way.

Honestly, this whole game has been a very constant reminder that, despite still really liking Mafia games, I do not have as much freetime as I did when I was younger.

However, that's on me, and I do apologize since it has affected the gameplay :,3...

So sorry I was silent! I promise it was just me in general not being on Flight Rising.

However, with this post I try to catch up;

I claimed the Aquamarine amulet this time around again. However, it was contested. Not surprising to me, but as far as people claiming, I feel like someone has to be lying and f*cking with me.

The reason claiming Aquamarine was because to subscribe to Emerald+ and actually follow a player last night. Understandably, I believe Mafia just wants to effectively keep that role out of play.

I hope to get a readslist out of everyone left in the game by the end of the day, tonight. But I just wanted to at least give a bit of an update + apologize for my absence.
iwd6mnF.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
the reason I claimed Aquamarine was because I wanted to subscribe to Emerald+ ****

God, sometimes my mind just acts too fast for my fingers to function properly
the reason I claimed Aquamarine was because I wanted to subscribe to Emerald+ ****

God, sometimes my mind just acts too fast for my fingers to function properly
iwd6mnF.png ......
Amulets:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing, Vrykolakas

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

Cerulean (contested)- Shadowlugia711

Silver (uncontested) - Varikset

Aquamarine (contested) - pasture

Claims missing: @Argathakul @HeartlessDemon

Based on this, it seems like our two missing claims most likely contested Cerulean and Aquamarine.
Amulets:

Cerise (contested) - Shimmerwing, Vrykolakas

Rose (uncontested) - ChaoticPotato

Cream (uncontested) - Starstream (used on ChaoticPotato)

Cerulean (contested)- Shadowlugia711

Silver (uncontested) - Varikset

Aquamarine (contested) - pasture

Claims missing: @Argathakul @HeartlessDemon

Based on this, it seems like our two missing claims most likely contested Cerulean and Aquamarine.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="@ChaoticPotato" date="2022-04-19 13:57:23" ] @/StormDreamer any chance you feel like telling us how many scum are left UwU (pretty sure earlier on someone said you were keeping it a secret on purpose, but I figure asking publicly couldn't hurt haha) [/quote] no >:) [color=transparent]There's [i]technically[/i] no problem in revealing the maf ratio (and I probably should have included it in the setup info rip), but I'm not revealing it for the sake of consistency :')[/color]
@ChaoticPotato wrote on 2022-04-19 13:57:23:
@/StormDreamer any chance you feel like telling us how many scum are left UwU (pretty sure earlier on someone said you were keeping it a secret on purpose, but I figure asking publicly couldn't hurt haha)

no >:)

There's technically no problem in revealing the maf ratio (and I probably should have included it in the setup info rip), but I'm not revealing it for the sake of consistency :')
jghAv2V.png
@Stormdreamer well I guess you just lost 3 cool points /j

@pasture ah, sorry you're getting busy. I can understand being a little too busy to play. I look forward to seeing your readlist.

And guys... I gotta come clean. I did not, in fact, send Blue a random series of letters on night one. I sent him the words "Your Next" with no other context. I wanted to see his reaction and fins some clues to his alignment from his reaction, seeing as how I figured no one else would go for Olive, and I wanted to prove that it was useful even if it wasn't obviously so. And then Blue died, so nothing was proved. I figured you all should know at this stage.
@Stormdreamer well I guess you just lost 3 cool points /j

@pasture ah, sorry you're getting busy. I can understand being a little too busy to play. I look forward to seeing your readlist.

And guys... I gotta come clean. I did not, in fact, send Blue a random series of letters on night one. I sent him the words "Your Next" with no other context. I wanted to see his reaction and fins some clues to his alignment from his reaction, seeing as how I figured no one else would go for Olive, and I wanted to prove that it was useful even if it wasn't obviously so. And then Blue died, so nothing was proved. I figured you all should know at this stage.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
@ChaoticPotato

Ominous????? That's actually quite funny ngl, made me laugh out loud

Not sure I'd go for that as a strategy tho
@ChaoticPotato

Ominous????? That's actually quite funny ngl, made me laugh out loud

Not sure I'd go for that as a strategy tho
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
It takes a specific breed. Didn't say anything sooner because I didn't want people to be super sus if me
It takes a specific breed. Didn't say anything sooner because I didn't want people to be super sus if me
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
3 hours till lockdown and Arg hasn't delivered the answer post they said they would. Saddening, but whatever. I feel like discussion was pretty good second half of today, considering the lack of players.
3 hours till lockdown and Arg hasn't delivered the answer post they said they would. Saddening, but whatever. I feel like discussion was pretty good second half of today, considering the lack of players.

Clayton Academy
1. @Vrykolakas My Proposed Alignment: Town / Neutral Honestly, I really don’t have much to say on Vry. I feel like she’s helpful enough while nothing inparticular stands out to me. While I did feel weird about her before and that vote on Mira + calling me out earlier still trips me up when I think about it, I think I can get past that. Seems like she’s at least trying to help and keeps Cerise out of the hands of mafia (or so she says) so far… so hey, I mean I’m okay with her for now. 2. @Starstream My Proposed Alignment: Town / Neutral Starstream is good. I feel like they’re pretty townie and I don’t got too much to say about them… I agree with some of their points and overall they seem helpful. However, and this could be just due to my lack of presence in the thread, but there was a small blip with Firo and Starstream that I remember reading that was never fully resolved. I don’t think there was ever a clear resolution from it. I just remember Firo’s vote was once Starstream because Star came in after my mix up / asked me about it. Firo noted it was fishy / piggybacking off of them… While Firo changed their vote and that could’ve just been the end of it, I still “hm” at Star. But not enough to actually ask them to go to lunch. 3. @ChaoticPotato My Proposed Alignment: Probably Town While I don’t have much to say on Potato, I feel like she has been helping a fair amount to have my initial scummy read of them upgrade to probably townie. I feel like she’s at least trying to help out and is giving a lot of information that I wouldn’t think Mafia would be so ready to give out. Though I do have to ask [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2022-04-19 14:04:27" ] Oh, also (so many posts in a row why can't I get all my thoughts at once) the "scum in nuetral" could be Beheaded, so pasture could also be in the clear, but I'm not liking the silence too much. pasture, Arg, and HeartlessDemon have all gone quiet, and... it's just not fun for me. So I did kinda make a mistake saying that pasture could have been the nuetral scum because we had Beheaded, but that was a theory+Arg could have kept scum out of his scumreads or something. Still seeing pasture as scummy a bit despite the brain fart [/quote] What is your thought process here again? I… keep rereading this over and I can’t quite seem to follow the logic to respond to any questions / clear up any feelings you have on me being scummy. ^^; It could be just my ADD acting up, but I cannot compute. 4. @Shadowlugia711 My Proposed Alignment: Likely Mafia I’d like to start off ShadowLugia711’s read with this observation I made a couple of days ago; [quote name="pasture" date="2022-04-12 16:45:04" ] Honestly reading Starstream's look into Lugia makes me question one thing. They said they went for the cop role to see if it would be contested / "Worth a shot" but, aside from my mix up, one has actually claimed to have grabbed that role to make it actually contested. I'm aware that there are some people who just haven't claimed. What if going with the thought process Lugia was Mafia and claimed they picked the cop role and it was contested but no one actually comes up and claims they contested it... Seems kind of sus... like they picked up the Cop role to keep it out of play, but ended up not contested but also not really using it. idk, thinking out loud here because Starstream made me think and Lugia's explanation of picking the cop role was vague. [/quote] ShadowLugia never really has much to say and that is their greatest downfall. While others here are providing reasons and digging up old quotes, Shadow would rather brush all of that aside in favor of just following along with what others said as evident here; [quote name="Shadowlugia711" date="2022-04-17 07:11:11" ] That's... not great. I don't even really know where to go from here. As for everyone's suspicions of me, I am aware I have a tendency to restate what others have, but it's hard for me to come up with some new amazing thread of logic when more experienced players have already pointed out the obvious. [/quote] Honestly, any string of logic is better than just following the herd. While people always can come to the same outcome, their thought processes can be totally different when digging into it! Or, if you really are trying to find reasons for why someone is suspicious, you’d be surprised at how different people’s reasons can be. ShadowLugia never has much to say, never really cares one way, and always seems to be claiming big power amulets with really no clear or questionable motives. Shadow never went into who or why they picked the Cerulean amulet both nights they picked it, so I’m gonna stick to my guns here and say that I think the contesting is a lie. This is my theory. I feel like ShadowLugia is a Mafia member. They pick the high profile amulets to keep them out of Town’s hands, but continue to at least try to pass it off as they were a townie claiming a contested amulet. If my hunch is correct, I think no one actually was picking the cop role… that one, to me, seems like a no brainer for the mafia to break. But since no one is claiming and ShadowLugia has really no *use* for a cop role, I feel like they just claim it was contested to save them the trouble. *shrugs* I could be completely off base. There are some holes in this theory as I guess they could continue to snuff out people as “innocent” with it to just keep the townie logo… but, honestly, I feel like they wouldn’t want to do that because that would take people away from mislynching. *More aggressive shrugging* 5. @Argathakul My Proposed Alignment: Neutral; Mafia-lean Idk. I really can’t remember them talking all too much and whenever they did talk, it never stuck in my mind. Granted, I’m very absent from the thread so I could probably just be missing something. While Solstices’ Town flip still leaves me questioning the meaning of life, I find myself just staring at this fellow with a frown and scratching my head. Though, this quote was interesting to me; [quote name="Argathakul" date="2022-04-17 21:56:30" ] -snip- Unfortunately Vrykolakas, Varikset, and HeartlessDemon have all dropped to Neutral Reads, but that's just because with less living townies, new associations will inevitably form as the game continues. Ambrose remains a town read. [/quote] I believe a few people already commented on it, but I wanted to give my two cents. I feel like this is a weird way to… rank a reads list. While I can understand the idea that, if you were sure someone was town but now all of a sudden new information makes you question it… but not too hardly, it would be natural to be neutral about it. But the fact that Argathakul never… explains why. “New associations”??? What kind of new Associations?? What are you talking about?? Why are they all now neutral?? Why do I feel like this is phrased like some kind game show? Idk. Weird. 6. @Varikset My Proposed Alignment: Probably Townie, but Squints Varikset is a very good player. That being said, I’m keeping in mind the possible theory that there is at least one of the old crowd trying to keep the Mafia afloat. I have nothing to really point at and tell you that “this is why Crows is Mafia”, but that is really all because Crows does a really good job of at least seeming like she’s trying to help. The only thing that really holds me back is that all the main bigheads said not to discount Crows… And honestly, this is just me not discounting Crows. 7. HeartlessDemon My Proposed Alignment: Probably Mafia. My take on HeartlessDemon is that they really don’t talk much, if at all! What they do say offers little security and not so much town vibes. Though, Out of all my choices, I feel like I would like to take Heartless to lunch last. Now, don’t get me wrong, I feel like most of their answers are vague at best, nonexistent at worst. They don’t do a good job defending themselves and I don’t believe I ever really got a cohesive reads list from them. Their comment and discussion with Crows; [quote name="HeartlessDemon" date="2022-04-16 15:28:14" ] -snip- [quote name="Varikset" date="2022-04-15 23:08:52" ] [quote name="HeartlessDemon" date="2022-04-15 22:49:05" ] The Firo NK was going to happen at some point- unfortunately sooner than later. [/quote] you certainly are doing a good job of making it sound like you knew Firo was town the whole time [/quote] Firo was doing a lot of investigation and bringing forward a lot of ideas to the table. It's to be expected that mafia would feel threatened and decide to take her out. -snip- [/quote] Paints a picture. A… concerning picture. I dunno why it pings me this way, but I feel like this conversation came directly out of a cop movie. But idk, they could just be a red herring, someone easy for Mafia to hide behind, so I feel the least amount sure about taking them to lunch. THOUGH. Interestingly enough… I’m adding this in as a little aside because I finished this part of my reads… but going through the thread reminded me Heartless was on the Aquamarine train. This… definitely elevates my squinting… as I know my alignment and now I know Mira’s… that would leave Heartless as the only one left on that little funky exchange. >:( hmph… 8. @Shimmerwing My Proposed Alignment: Ehhh… I think they're still with the Mafia after all. Shimmerwing was my first really big hunch. I still kind of look at them with suspicion. There’s just something always off with their phrasing that I can’t quite seem to put my finger on. They also seem to be just interacting enough to go under the radar, but still not entirely contributing… For example; [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2022-04-18 04:47:41" ] at this stage i'm growing more and more suspicious of argathakul. like, yeah, life is hectic but staying alive is not the main goal of being town. the cost of one mislynch and one nk is high: we might as well be in MyLo now as far as i'm concerned and it is unsettling how the scum have concealed themselves perfectly (arguably, for some reason townies act more "suspicious" than those who slither in the dark so hmm.) i, of course, dislike the notion of being nk'd through a vigshot when i Have in fact contributed to the discussion (albeit to a lesser extent than the more proactive members) which is interesting. @/Shadowlugia711 say, if you managed to grab cerise, targetted me and flipped green. would that not be putting suspicion on yourself? at this stage of the game, when i am not the majority vote (so far), did you consider it a pro-town act of vigshotting me? i'm just curious about your rationale behind that choice. also. d3 amulet choices y'all. mine was contested cerise. not surprised, i didnt expect it to be in play and i am glad that it was contested because no extra nks for scum. [/quote] I don’t follow Shimmer’s logic here. While I wouldn’t defend Argathakul, I feel like Shimmer’s trying to be harsh here, but it sounds almost unreasonably harsh. That, and I feel like Town’s only two priorities of the game is to 1. Stay alive and 2. Kill Mafia. I feel like saying that Staying Alive should not factor into a Townie’s head is just… nonsense. Anyways. To the Shadowlugia part… I…… eh….. Morals. While I wouldn’t want ShadowLugia to have control of the gun, I feel like their approach to this was really accusatory. I would wonder what their response would’ve been if someone who was viewed as a more probable Town member claimed the same thing Lugia did, would they still seem so explosive? [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2022-04-13 08:24:35" ] @/Starstream I voted as a placeholder — if your explanation as to why you picked emerald over aquamarine seems reasonable, i'd withdraw my vote (for now) since nothing much is screaming at me that you're scummy. i might be inclined to put in a vote again if i see something sus though. for now, i guess i understand the reasoning more, and it does feel genuine. i would trust that you were probably telling the truth but i'll still be squinty. now i shall surrender to the temptation of a dreamless slumber (and hopefully wake up coherent enough to formulate a post. one can dream.) [/quote] Very wishy-washy. Notably, I believe this was after Firo voted for Starstream. Hmm. Also, while not picking for exactly the same reasons, Shimmer seems suspicious over Starstream’s reason to pick Emerald… but effectively both were picking it because of the ability. [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2022-04-13 07:40:46" ] [quote name="Starstream" date="2022-04-13 05:39:13" ] –snip– I was thinking of Aquamarine because you would be able to hear all the movements during the night; however, I realized that [b]scum wouldn’t want that amulet to be used by town[/b] making me realize that it would most likely break due to multiple people trying to using it. When I read Emerald’s description, I realized that it only tells you who visits you during the night making me think that it was less likely to be claimed by anyone hence why I ended up going for Emerald. [/quote] :thonk: maybe i should ping? @/Starstream i definitely agree with the point that scum would Absolutely prevent these "useful" amulets from being used — by going for them actively. wouldn't it be a better option to prevent scum from obtaining the amulet (and then proceeding to falsely acuse others of carrying out the nk since theirs was uncontested and can definitely talk about who targeted who) by contesting with them? not saying that emerald was an unreasonable choice. it's simply interesting how your logic played out. also good luck with the interview!! [/quote] Versus [quote name="Shimmerwing" date="2022-04-12 06:24:37" ] eep i chose emerald (i think ive said this n1) and sadly it was contested. bloop. its a relatively safe choice for me, since i'd love to people-watch and check who had abilities/kills and definitely because im high on many's scumlist. i guess someone had the same thought in mind. (just take this with a grain of salt because i am suspecting: has scum tried to nab the amulets that are detrimental to them? obviously no one will answer this and for all i care you could lie about your amulet choice :shrug:) ps. i am not lolbirding hhh i just like birds. they are funky rascals. [/quote] Little side note here… Shimmerwing did not use the term “people watch” until I mentioned it. I dunno if that has much significance, but to me it feels like they caught onto something that could explain their non-committal to voting. Then we have the fishing and stuff. While I would love to go more into depth of Shimmer, I am running out of time to post and…I need to head to bed because I have a morning shift tomorrow. :,3 [rule] All of that reading aside, I will be putting my vote in for ShadowLugia. I feel like everyone is mostly okay with that vote and, well, I feel like that is our best shot for now.

1. @Vrykolakas

My Proposed Alignment: Town / Neutral

Honestly, I really don’t have much to say on Vry. I feel like she’s helpful enough while nothing inparticular stands out to me. While I did feel weird about her before and that vote on Mira + calling me out earlier still trips me up when I think about it, I think I can get past that.

Seems like she’s at least trying to help and keeps Cerise out of the hands of mafia (or so she says) so far… so hey, I mean I’m okay with her for now.

2. @Starstream

My Proposed Alignment: Town / Neutral

Starstream is good. I feel like they’re pretty townie and I don’t got too much to say about them… I agree with some of their points and overall they seem helpful.

However, and this could be just due to my lack of presence in the thread, but there was a small blip with Firo and Starstream that I remember reading that was never fully resolved.

I don’t think there was ever a clear resolution from it. I just remember Firo’s vote was once Starstream because Star came in after my mix up / asked me about it. Firo noted it was fishy / piggybacking off of them…

While Firo changed their vote and that could’ve just been the end of it, I still “hm” at Star. But not enough to actually ask them to go to lunch.

3. @ChaoticPotato

My Proposed Alignment: Probably Town

While I don’t have much to say on Potato, I feel like she has been helping a fair amount to have my initial scummy read of them upgrade to probably townie. I feel like she’s at least trying to help out and is giving a lot of information that I wouldn’t think Mafia would be so ready to give out.

Though I do have to ask
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2022-04-19 14:04:27:
Oh, also (so many posts in a row why can't I get all my thoughts at once) the "scum in nuetral" could be Beheaded, so pasture could also be in the clear, but I'm not liking the silence too much. pasture, Arg, and HeartlessDemon have all gone quiet, and... it's just not fun for me. So I did kinda make a mistake saying that pasture could have been the nuetral scum because we had Beheaded, but that was a theory+Arg could have kept scum out of his scumreads or something. Still seeing pasture as scummy a bit despite the brain fart

What is your thought process here again? I… keep rereading this over and I can’t quite seem to follow the logic to respond to any questions / clear up any feelings you have on me being scummy. ^^; It could be just my ADD acting up, but I cannot compute.

4. @Shadowlugia711

My Proposed Alignment: Likely Mafia

I’d like to start off ShadowLugia711’s read with this observation I made a couple of days ago;
pasture wrote on 2022-04-12 16:45:04:
Honestly reading Starstream's look into Lugia makes me question one thing.

They said they went for the cop role to see if it would be contested / "Worth a shot" but, aside from my mix up, one has actually claimed to have grabbed that role to make it actually contested.

I'm aware that there are some people who just haven't claimed. What if going with the thought process Lugia was Mafia and claimed they picked the cop role and it was contested but no one actually comes up and claims they contested it...

Seems kind of sus... like they picked up the Cop role to keep it out of play, but ended up not contested but also not really using it.

idk, thinking out loud here because Starstream made me think and Lugia's explanation of picking the cop role was vague.

ShadowLugia never really has much to say and that is their greatest downfall. While others here are providing reasons and digging up old quotes, Shadow would rather brush all of that aside in favor of just following along with what others said as evident here;
Shadowlugia711 wrote on 2022-04-17 07:11:11:
That's... not great.

I don't even really know where to go from here.

As for everyone's suspicions of me, I am aware I have a tendency to restate what others have, but it's hard for me to come up with some new amazing thread of logic when more experienced players have already pointed out the obvious.

Honestly, any string of logic is better than just following the herd. While people always can come to the same outcome, their thought processes can be totally different when digging into it! Or, if you really are trying to find reasons for why someone is suspicious, you’d be surprised at how different people’s reasons can be.

ShadowLugia never has much to say, never really cares one way, and always seems to be claiming big power amulets with really no clear or questionable motives. Shadow never went into who or why they picked the Cerulean amulet both nights they picked it, so I’m gonna stick to my guns here and say that I think the contesting is a lie.

This is my theory. I feel like ShadowLugia is a Mafia member. They pick the high profile amulets to keep them out of Town’s hands, but continue to at least try to pass it off as they were a townie claiming a contested amulet. If my hunch is correct, I think no one actually was picking the cop role… that one, to me, seems like a no brainer for the mafia to break. But since no one is claiming and ShadowLugia has really no *use* for a cop role, I feel like they just claim it was contested to save them the trouble.

*shrugs*

I could be completely off base. There are some holes in this theory as I guess they could continue to snuff out people as “innocent” with it to just keep the townie logo… but, honestly, I feel like they wouldn’t want to do that because that would take people away from mislynching. *More aggressive shrugging*

5. @Argathakul

My Proposed Alignment: Neutral; Mafia-lean

Idk. I really can’t remember them talking all too much and whenever they did talk, it never stuck in my mind. Granted, I’m very absent from the thread so I could probably just be missing something.

While Solstices’ Town flip still leaves me questioning the meaning of life, I find myself just staring at this fellow with a frown and scratching my head.

Though, this quote was interesting to me;
Argathakul wrote on 2022-04-17 21:56:30:
-snip-

Unfortunately Vrykolakas, Varikset, and HeartlessDemon have all dropped to Neutral Reads, but that's just because with less living townies, new associations will inevitably form as the game continues. Ambrose remains a town read.

I believe a few people already commented on it, but I wanted to give my two cents. I feel like this is a weird way to… rank a reads list. While I can understand the idea that, if you were sure someone was town but now all of a sudden new information makes you question it… but not too hardly, it would be natural to be neutral about it.

But the fact that Argathakul never… explains why. “New associations”??? What kind of new Associations?? What are you talking about?? Why are they all now neutral??

Why do I feel like this is phrased like some kind game show?

Idk. Weird.

6. @Varikset

My Proposed Alignment: Probably Townie, but Squints

Varikset is a very good player. That being said, I’m keeping in mind the possible theory that there is at least one of the old crowd trying to keep the Mafia afloat.

I have nothing to really point at and tell you that “this is why Crows is Mafia”, but that is really all because Crows does a really good job of at least seeming like she’s trying to help. The only thing that really holds me back is that all the main bigheads said not to discount Crows…

And honestly, this is just me not discounting Crows.

7. HeartlessDemon

My Proposed Alignment: Probably Mafia.

My take on HeartlessDemon is that they really don’t talk much, if at all! What they do say offers little security and not so much town vibes. Though, Out of all my choices, I feel like I would like to take Heartless to lunch last.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I feel like most of their answers are vague at best, nonexistent at worst. They don’t do a good job defending themselves and I don’t believe I ever really got a cohesive reads list from them. Their comment and discussion with Crows;
HeartlessDemon wrote on 2022-04-16 15:28:14:
-snip-
Varikset wrote on 2022-04-15 23:08:52:
HeartlessDemon wrote on 2022-04-15 22:49:05:
The Firo NK was going to happen at some point- unfortunately sooner than later.
you certainly are doing a good job of making it sound like you knew Firo was town the whole time

Firo was doing a lot of investigation and bringing forward a lot of ideas to the table. It's to be expected that mafia would feel threatened and decide to take her out.

-snip-

Paints a picture. A… concerning picture. I dunno why it pings me this way, but I feel like this conversation came directly out of a cop movie.

But idk, they could just be a red herring, someone easy for Mafia to hide behind, so I feel the least amount sure about taking them to lunch.

THOUGH. Interestingly enough… I’m adding this in as a little aside because I finished this part of my reads… but going through the thread reminded me Heartless was on the Aquamarine train.

This… definitely elevates my squinting… as I know my alignment and now I know Mira’s… that would leave Heartless as the only one left on that little funky exchange.

>:( hmph…

8. @Shimmerwing

My Proposed Alignment: Ehhh… I think they're still with the Mafia after all.

Shimmerwing was my first really big hunch. I still kind of look at them with suspicion. There’s just something always off with their phrasing that I can’t quite seem to put my finger on. They also seem to be just interacting enough to go under the radar, but still not entirely contributing…

For example;
Shimmerwing wrote on 2022-04-18 04:47:41:
at this stage i'm growing more and more suspicious of argathakul. like, yeah, life is hectic but staying alive is not the main goal of being town. the cost of one mislynch and one nk is high: we might as well be in MyLo now as far as i'm concerned and it is unsettling how the scum have concealed themselves perfectly (arguably, for some reason townies act more "suspicious" than those who slither in the dark so hmm.)

i, of course, dislike the notion of being nk'd through a vigshot when i Have in fact contributed to the discussion (albeit to a lesser extent than the more proactive members) which is interesting.

@/Shadowlugia711

say, if you managed to grab cerise, targetted me and flipped green. would that not be putting suspicion on yourself? at this stage of the game, when i am not the majority vote (so far), did you consider it a pro-town act of vigshotting me? i'm just curious about your rationale behind that choice.

also. d3 amulet choices y'all.

mine was contested cerise. not surprised, i didnt expect it to be in play and i am glad that it was contested because no extra nks for scum.

I don’t follow Shimmer’s logic here. While I wouldn’t defend Argathakul, I feel like Shimmer’s trying to be harsh here, but it sounds almost unreasonably harsh. That, and I feel like Town’s only two priorities of the game is to 1. Stay alive and 2. Kill Mafia.

I feel like saying that Staying Alive should not factor into a Townie’s head is just… nonsense. Anyways.

To the Shadowlugia part… I…… eh….. Morals. While I wouldn’t want ShadowLugia to have control of the gun, I feel like their approach to this was really accusatory. I would wonder what their response would’ve been if someone who was viewed as a more probable Town member claimed the same thing Lugia did, would they still seem so explosive?
Shimmerwing wrote on 2022-04-13 08:24:35:
@/Starstream

I voted as a placeholder — if your explanation as to why you picked emerald over aquamarine seems reasonable, i'd withdraw my vote (for now) since nothing much is screaming at me that you're scummy. i might be inclined to put in a vote again if i see something sus though.

for now, i guess i understand the reasoning more, and it does feel genuine. i would trust that you were probably telling the truth but i'll still be squinty.

now i shall surrender to the temptation of a dreamless slumber (and hopefully wake up coherent enough to formulate a post. one can dream.)

Very wishy-washy. Notably, I believe this was after Firo voted for Starstream. Hmm.

Also, while not picking for exactly the same reasons, Shimmer seems suspicious over Starstream’s reason to pick Emerald… but effectively both were picking it because of the ability.
Shimmerwing wrote on 2022-04-13 07:40:46:
Starstream wrote on 2022-04-13 05:39:13:
–snip–

I was thinking of Aquamarine because you would be able to hear all the movements during the night; however, I realized that scum wouldn’t want that amulet to be used by town making me realize that it would most likely break due to multiple people trying to using it. When I read Emerald’s description, I realized that it only tells you who visits you during the night making me think that it was less likely to be claimed by anyone hence why I ended up going for Emerald.

:thonk:

maybe i should ping? @/Starstream

i definitely agree with the point that scum would Absolutely prevent these "useful" amulets from being used — by going for them actively. wouldn't it be a better option to prevent scum from obtaining the amulet (and then proceeding to falsely acuse others of carrying out the nk since theirs was uncontested and can definitely talk about who targeted who) by contesting with them?

not saying that emerald was an unreasonable choice. it's simply interesting how your logic played out.

also good luck with the interview!!

Versus
Shimmerwing wrote on 2022-04-12 06:24:37:
eep

i chose emerald (i think ive said this n1) and sadly it was contested. bloop.

its a relatively safe choice for me, since i'd love to people-watch and check who had abilities/kills and definitely because im high on many's scumlist. i guess someone had the same thought in mind.

(just take this with a grain of salt because i am suspecting: has scum tried to nab the amulets that are detrimental to them? obviously no one will answer this and for all i care you could lie about your amulet choice :shrug:)

ps. i am not lolbirding hhh i just like birds. they are funky rascals.

Little side note here… Shimmerwing did not use the term “people watch” until I mentioned it. I dunno if that has much significance, but to me it feels like they caught onto something that could explain their non-committal to voting.

Then we have the fishing and stuff. While I would love to go more into depth of Shimmer, I am running out of time to post and…I need to head to bed because I have a morning shift tomorrow. :,3

All of that reading aside, I will be putting my vote in for ShadowLugia. I feel like everyone is mostly okay with that vote and, well, I feel like that is our best shot for now.
iwd6mnF.png ......
Oops, I was writing this all on a google doc to keep my thoughts cohesive / take notes and I forgot to put in the ping for HeartlessDemon so...

@Heartlessdemon

Boop!
Oops, I was writing this all on a google doc to keep my thoughts cohesive / take notes and I forgot to put in the ping for HeartlessDemon so...

@Heartlessdemon

Boop!
iwd6mnF.png ......
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 104 105