Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30
claim!
claim!
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35300587][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/353006/35300587_350.png[/img][/url] Well, that didn’t go too well... Radnov is a firm believer in "there can never be enough cheese", but it seems the judges don’t agree with him, unfortunately. Still, at least his dish didn’t catch fire. For the next round, he definitely will go easy on the cheese though. This competition isn’t about what he likes after all, it’s all about the judges! Radnov isn’t very picky with what he eats, but he has a particular fondness for cicadas. They’re crunchy and rich in both flavor and proteins, perfect as either an in between snack or a full meal, if one manages to catch enough of them. They are tasty plain, but he prefers them sautéed in some butter and garlic. Delicious! He probably shouldn’t present those to the judges either though, since Reith and Nassau apparently don’t like bugs very much. A shame, really, they can be quite amazing if prepared right. Perhaps he should ask his fellow chefs who chose insects as their first meal if there are any leftovers?
35300587_350.png
Well, that didn’t go too well... Radnov is a firm believer in "there can never be enough cheese", but it seems the judges don’t agree with him, unfortunately. Still, at least his dish didn’t catch fire. For the next round, he definitely will go easy on the cheese though. This competition isn’t about what he likes after all, it’s all about the judges!

Radnov isn’t very picky with what he eats, but he has a particular fondness for cicadas. They’re crunchy and rich in both flavor and proteins, perfect as either an in between snack or a full meal, if one manages to catch enough of them. They are tasty plain, but he prefers them sautéed in some butter and garlic. Delicious!
He probably shouldn’t present those to the judges either though, since Reith and Nassau apparently don’t like bugs very much. A shame, really, they can be quite amazing if prepared right. Perhaps he should ask his fellow chefs who chose insects as their first meal if there are any leftovers?
9WJeET7.gif lJUgxOZ.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33622875][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/336229/33622875_350.png[/img][/url] Was that the dish he had planned to serve? Did something just take over? He fidgets and looks around nervously. Then, he takes a deeeep, long breath. You never know how it'll go until it happens! No matter, this appetizer will go with the other dishes well - if not better, and it is one of his beloved staples. Arietno notes that he seems to be used to more salt than Aion is. He'll have to use less moving forward - at least for their portion. As for the cholesterol concerns? Arietno just shakes his head. Many kinds of dragons think anything with fat, meat or salt is unhealthy. He could never confirm it looking at his clanmates. Everyone seems to have their personal happy spot with salt.. as for fatty meats.. Have you seen Wildclaws cook before? Really, truly, witnessed their cooking? Tip-top shape ones, too. He can't help but wonder if the judges would place his dessert into the same 'no-go' category. In the end he just sighs and vows to do better next time. Still, it is a relief that the other judges found his cooking passable. It's better to get honest opinions. As for his favorite dish.. It is a bit embarrassing, but he actually plans to make it for dessert. A nice sunken apple cake. Pies are great too, but there is something.. both nostalgic and beautifully organic about them. He used to eat them with his family, with apples fresh from the gardens and forests - sometimes even their backyard. It's not just the apples, though. The dough - perhaps with the little moisture from the apples - is simply the perfect smooth, soft texture, and tastes just as well. He sincerely hopes that everydragon can try it once in their life. He'll be happy to make some extra, too, in case the contestants want to wind down with some tea and cake after this competition is over.
33622875_350.png

Was that the dish he had planned to serve? Did something just take over? He fidgets and looks around nervously. Then, he takes a deeeep, long breath. You never know how it'll go until it happens! No matter, this appetizer will go with the other dishes well - if not better, and it is one of his beloved staples.

Arietno notes that he seems to be used to more salt than Aion is. He'll have to use less moving forward - at least for their portion. As for the cholesterol concerns? Arietno just shakes his head. Many kinds of dragons think anything with fat, meat or salt is unhealthy. He could never confirm it looking at his clanmates. Everyone seems to have their personal happy spot with salt.. as for fatty meats.. Have you seen Wildclaws cook before? Really, truly, witnessed their cooking? Tip-top shape ones, too.
He can't help but wonder if the judges would place his dessert into the same 'no-go' category. In the end he just sighs and vows to do better next time. Still, it is a relief that the other judges found his cooking passable. It's better to get honest opinions.

As for his favorite dish.. It is a bit embarrassing, but he actually plans to make it for dessert. A nice sunken apple cake. Pies are great too, but there is something.. both nostalgic and beautifully organic about them. He used to eat them with his family, with apples fresh from the gardens and forests - sometimes even their backyard. It's not just the apples, though. The dough - perhaps with the little moisture from the apples - is simply the perfect smooth, soft texture, and tastes just as well. He sincerely hopes that everydragon can try it once in their life. He'll be happy to make some extra, too, in case the contestants want to wind down with some tea and cake after this competition is over.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
[center][i][color=gold][size=5][b]"Son of the Morning, Angel of Bread"[/i][/color][/size][/b][br][br] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2832710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/28328/2832710_350.png[/img][/url][br][br][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138792766902/even-more-flight-dividers][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/1dae5f205e13f8a73f929ffad31e07f6/tumblr_inline_o23j63EDNh1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] Rebecca carefully sliced a fresh baguette, golden and crumbly enough to make for the perfect garlic bread. Satisfied with her portions, she smiles to herself, nibbling on a sliver of crust that had fallen off the baguette while preparing fresh cloves of garlic for mincing. Although she was an avid fan of autumnal flavors, and her favorite recipe was almost certainly her Baked Potato Soup, she was unsure whether soup constituted a starter and went with her mother's famous garlic bread, a crowd pleaser passed down through four generations. [i]"Garlic bread? What an [b]interesting[/b] choice."[/i] A haughty voice invaded Rebecca's mind, and her smile fell away. [i]"Your Highness had every opportunity to enter the competition yourself, if you think you can do better,"[/i] Rebecca snapped telepathically. She glanced to her right, and Lucifer had deigned to grace the festival with his presence, a glorious armored Skydancer who shone like the sun. He peered at her work station over a crowd of shorter dragons critically. [i]"Oh, goodness no, how inappropriate. It's only that garlic bread is... rather peasant's food, isn't it? Surely you could have come up with something a bit more impressive."[/i] Rebecca gripped her knife tightly, glaring at the golden prince as she grabbed a tub of butter absentmindedly and began slathering it onto the bread. [i]"In the real world, people enjoy garlic bread. It's simple, it's tasty, and it's classic. I'm terribly sorry, I simply haven't the time to prepare Kraken Foie Gras,"[/i] she mocked. Lucifer laughed heartily, startling the dragons around him who could find no discernable reason for his mirth. [i]"Have I struck a nerve? You're very bold to mock me. I do sometimes tire of endless adoration, you know."[/i] Rebecca rolled her eyes and dumped an indiscriminate amount of garlic onto the baguettes, topping them off with several distracted pinches of mixed herbs. [i]"Times like this, my dear Rebecca,"[/i] he continued, [i]"I wonder if perhaps I should have made your acquaintance first, before my brother had the chance. You are truly delightful.[/i] His mental voice was soft and authentic, and she looked up to meet his gaze. He smiled gently as their eyes met. Rebecca blushed in spite of herself, thrusting the tray of bread into the oven. Lucifer's charisma was unmatched by anyone she'd ever met in her life - he had a voice that could shift tones and codes on a dime, powerful features and an extraordinary vocabulary in a hundred languages or more. The fact was, it was only the people close to him that were frequently put-off by his self-aggrandizement - to everyone else, he was their Golden Prince, the Morning Star, whom they would follow into any battle, even certain death. And there was no denying that of all his regal brothers, he was far and away the most attractive. Rebecca felt a pang of guilt as she prepared a simple rosemary and cornflower garnish. Samael, Prince of Whispers, was Lucifer's most trusted brother and dark counterpart. He was gentle and quiet, an avid listener where his brother preferred speech, but he was also the greatest tactician, negotiator, and, when necessary, inquisitor among them. Samael was also very much in love with Rebecca, and she him. Although monogamy was not expected by his kind, and the guilt was entirely unwarranted, she felt it nonetheless, sandwiched as she was between that and the irritating fact that she'd let Lucifer make her blush. She glanced over again, watching him preen a golden wing. God help her if he caught her staring. She reminded herself how terribly obnoxious he was, watching his pale coat sparkle in the fading light. [i]"Your bread is burning, [/i]chérie[i],"[/i] he said suddenly, looking up at her with an impish sparkle in his eyes. "WHAT?!" Rebecca said aloud, and she pulled the bread from the oven, now a blackened mess worthy of the Flameforger's Festival. "Oh... Oh dear." She looked back up at Lucifer helplessly. He shrugged apologetically, mouthed "Mea culpa," and took off into the crowded festival sky, winging his way home in the twilight. Her scores were predictably terrible, and Rebecca resolved to ignore any secret agents or Princes of Hell in the future, focusing entirely on the task at hand. After all, she reasoned, how much worse can it get?[br][br][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=2382731&skin=0&apparel=3619,3620,3622,3692,822,3621,3680,3679&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]
"Son of the Morning, Angel of Bread"

2832710_350.png

tumblr_inline_o23j63EDNh1r3lvtf_500.png

Rebecca carefully sliced a fresh baguette, golden and crumbly enough to make for the perfect garlic bread. Satisfied with her portions, she smiles to herself, nibbling on a sliver of crust that had fallen off the baguette while preparing fresh cloves of garlic for mincing. Although she was an avid fan of autumnal flavors, and her favorite recipe was almost certainly her Baked Potato Soup, she was unsure whether soup constituted a starter and went with her mother's famous garlic bread, a crowd pleaser passed down through four generations.

"Garlic bread? What an interesting choice." A haughty voice invaded Rebecca's mind, and her smile fell away.

"Your Highness had every opportunity to enter the competition yourself, if you think you can do better," Rebecca snapped telepathically. She glanced to her right, and Lucifer had deigned to grace the festival with his presence, a glorious armored Skydancer who shone like the sun. He peered at her work station over a crowd of shorter dragons critically.

"Oh, goodness no, how inappropriate. It's only that garlic bread is... rather peasant's food, isn't it? Surely you could have come up with something a bit more impressive." Rebecca gripped her knife tightly, glaring at the golden prince as she grabbed a tub of butter absentmindedly and began slathering it onto the bread.

"In the real world, people enjoy garlic bread. It's simple, it's tasty, and it's classic. I'm terribly sorry, I simply haven't the time to prepare Kraken Foie Gras," she mocked. Lucifer laughed heartily, startling the dragons around him who could find no discernable reason for his mirth.

"Have I struck a nerve? You're very bold to mock me. I do sometimes tire of endless adoration, you know." Rebecca rolled her eyes and dumped an indiscriminate amount of garlic onto the baguettes, topping them off with several distracted pinches of mixed herbs. "Times like this, my dear Rebecca," he continued, "I wonder if perhaps I should have made your acquaintance first, before my brother had the chance. You are truly delightful. His mental voice was soft and authentic, and she looked up to meet his gaze. He smiled gently as their eyes met.

Rebecca blushed in spite of herself, thrusting the tray of bread into the oven. Lucifer's charisma was unmatched by anyone she'd ever met in her life - he had a voice that could shift tones and codes on a dime, powerful features and an extraordinary vocabulary in a hundred languages or more. The fact was, it was only the people close to him that were frequently put-off by his self-aggrandizement - to everyone else, he was their Golden Prince, the Morning Star, whom they would follow into any battle, even certain death. And there was no denying that of all his regal brothers, he was far and away the most attractive.

Rebecca felt a pang of guilt as she prepared a simple rosemary and cornflower garnish. Samael, Prince of Whispers, was Lucifer's most trusted brother and dark counterpart. He was gentle and quiet, an avid listener where his brother preferred speech, but he was also the greatest tactician, negotiator, and, when necessary, inquisitor among them. Samael was also very much in love with Rebecca, and she him. Although monogamy was not expected by his kind, and the guilt was entirely unwarranted, she felt it nonetheless, sandwiched as she was between that and the irritating fact that she'd let Lucifer make her blush.

She glanced over again, watching him preen a golden wing. God help her if he caught her staring. She reminded herself how terribly obnoxious he was, watching his pale coat sparkle in the fading light.

"Your bread is burning, chérie," he said suddenly, looking up at her with an impish sparkle in his eyes.

"WHAT?!" Rebecca said aloud, and she pulled the bread from the oven, now a blackened mess worthy of the Flameforger's Festival. "Oh... Oh dear." She looked back up at Lucifer helplessly. He shrugged apologetically, mouthed "Mea culpa," and took off into the crowded festival sky, winging his way home in the twilight.

Her scores were predictably terrible, and Rebecca resolved to ignore any secret agents or Princes of Hell in the future, focusing entirely on the task at hand. After all, she reasoned, how much worse can it get?

dragon?did=2382731&skin=0&apparel=3619,3620,3622,3692,822,3621,3680,3679&xt=dressing.png
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
Day Two | Challenge Two

Draco was very happy that a chef that he looked up to scored him a 10, but was disappointed that he only got 4 from the other 2. An 18 isn’t the worst but he knew he could do better, next time he’ll try to make it more appealing and the taste boom with more flavour.

Draco likes plenty of food, he’s always open to trying new things but his all time favourite has to be a 5 cheese pasta. It’s one of his all time favourites and cooks it every once and a while to treat himself. (And toothy)
Day Two | Challenge Two

Draco was very happy that a chef that he looked up to scored him a 10, but was disappointed that he only got 4 from the other 2. An 18 isn’t the worst but he knew he could do better, next time he’ll try to make it more appealing and the taste boom with more flavour.

Draco likes plenty of food, he’s always open to trying new things but his all time favourite has to be a 5 cheese pasta. It’s one of his all time favourites and cooks it every once and a while to treat himself. (And toothy)
he/him
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61411131][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/614112/61411131_350.png[/img][/url][/center] While the first dish went over well with Aion and Nassau, its not surprise Raith didn't like it. Piff knows judges need to have a diverse range but was a meat fanatic gaoler truly necessary? "Ah well", he composes himself, "Raith's options don't actually make my food taste worse." Piff loves making tea and baking. He'll bake any number of sweet pies, cakes, breads, brownies, and cookies. But his personal favorite is dulce de leche cheesecake. He's got a soft spot for caramel, and always cuts himself larger pieces of this desert.
61411131_350.png

While the first dish went over well with Aion and Nassau, its not surprise Raith didn't like it. Piff knows judges need to have a diverse range but was a meat fanatic gaoler truly necessary? "Ah well", he composes himself, "Raith's options don't actually make my food taste worse."

Piff loves making tea and baking. He'll bake any number of sweet pies, cakes, breads, brownies, and cookies. But his personal favorite is dulce de leche cheesecake. He's got a soft spot for caramel, and always cuts himself larger pieces of this desert.
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63076348][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/630764/63076348_350.png[/img][/url] Juvia walked back to her station and blinked. She’d forgotten to put in the salt! That’s why the dish was so bland. Juvia shook it off. There’s always another time! She cleaned up her station and made sure that next time, she’d be able to see everything that she needed so she didn’t forget. Juvia loves making mainly baked goods or Japanese food, but her favorite dish to make is her strawberry shortcake. After all, it was a simple but flavorful dish that any dragon in their right mind would love. And with a simple switch of ingredients the cake could be a chocolate one too! And of course, the best thing was that her darling Gray loved it, because it was the first cake that she’d had made for him!
63076348_350.png

Juvia walked back to her station and blinked. She’d forgotten to put in the salt! That’s why the dish was so bland. Juvia shook it off. There’s always another time! She cleaned up her station and made sure that next time, she’d be able to see everything that she needed so she didn’t forget.

Juvia loves making mainly baked goods or Japanese food, but her favorite dish to make is her strawberry shortcake. After all, it was a simple but flavorful dish that any dragon in their right mind would love. And with a simple switch of ingredients the cake could be a chocolate one too! And of course, the best thing was that her darling Gray loved it, because it was the first cake that she’d had made for him!
Banner.png She/herdragon-doodles-rui.png
Vihan flushed as the judges praised his dish, it almost brought him to tears! Happy tears, of course! Everyone in his clan has always said he was an excellent cook and they were the one to sign him up despite his doubts. It wasn’t like he didn’t believe them but it hits differently when a professional is complementing you.

Surprisingly, Vihan received the lowest score from Aion which is fair considering cream cheese isn’t the healthiest but he had expected low scores from the other two due to not having any meat or baked components. For the next round, Vihan will try to make his dish more nutritional!

He hopes this decision won’t bite him in the butt next round, his tastes tend to be simple and indulgent, especially when it comes to sweets. Vihan wonders if it’d be too risky to make his favorite, chocolate caramel pecan tart, for the dessert round.
Vihan flushed as the judges praised his dish, it almost brought him to tears! Happy tears, of course! Everyone in his clan has always said he was an excellent cook and they were the one to sign him up despite his doubts. It wasn’t like he didn’t believe them but it hits differently when a professional is complementing you.

Surprisingly, Vihan received the lowest score from Aion which is fair considering cream cheese isn’t the healthiest but he had expected low scores from the other two due to not having any meat or baked components. For the next round, Vihan will try to make his dish more nutritional!

He hopes this decision won’t bite him in the butt next round, his tastes tend to be simple and indulgent, especially when it comes to sweets. Vihan wonders if it’d be too risky to make his favorite, chocolate caramel pecan tart, for the dessert round.
The cooking results are so fun to read! [emoji=tundra love size=2] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/351337][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/3514/351337p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33922432][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/339225/33922432p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25039626][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/250397/25039626p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3453017][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/34531/3453017p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49361391][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/493614/49361391p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50651893][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506519/50651893p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d705ca2256fbaa95e02aca70b3034e7a/tumblr_inline_o23jkkOsuG1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=5][i]The Previous Night[/i][/size][/center] The group (including Fionne who'd rejoined them with a remark about doing some early morning sightseeing) returned to the mine after the first day had ended. In the room that had been converted into a kitchen in the mine, they found Fayje and another Coatl. "Hey! Some of you have met Ryndlite, right?" The visitor was introduced, and Fayje continued. "You know, nothing sucks the fun outta a party more than a fight, and I was thinking, back where I'm from everyone takes turns making food for everyone. So you two can take tonight off, me and Rynds are gonna make you a chicken curry!" "It's a surprise dinner! Thank you Fayje! You too Ryndlite!" Inima exclaimed. Fayje laughed, "the next best thing to a surprise party. 'Cept dinners can be any day!" Niah could feel Fionne's gaze on her, and sighed. "Fayje...I was tired last night. I needed some time alone. To be honest, I still don't like you, but...that doesn't mean I should be harsh on you...Thank you." Inima glanced between the glaring Fionne and Niah's almost-apology and tried smiling at Ruha, who silently reassured her. In spite of their differences, when it was time for supper, Niah started asking the two Coatl about how they prepared the meal. Ryndlite was happy to share. Fayje asked about the judges and hosts. "Sound like fancy sorts, well, that Nassau anyhow. Wouldn't surprise me if based it on that thing some eateries have where different kinds of things come at different times." Salpicar raised an eyebrow, and Fayje laughed. "Back in the Wasteland, there's an eatery that pokes fun at the fancy ones. Wear what you like, eat as messily as you like. They call it the Ratz." The conversation continued, and Fionne watched her sister ask questions. [i]So. She does enjoy learning.[/i] As everyone went to their own rooms, Inima followed Fionne. "Hey, um...ah, how is Perception so good at this?" "I'm happy to talk, Inima." Fionne enjoyed the Coatl's company. "Well, it's you and your sister. I mean I don't want to pry but, I hear communication's important for any relationship, so...could you talk to her?" "I'm...not sure what there is to say..." "Just..." Inima faltered, "I hope you both have a great festival." With that, Inima left Fionne to her thoughts. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/a6b62cc2765e71c028507f5a6295d6b3/tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o3_500.png[/img] [size=5][i]Day 2: The Appetiser[/i][/size][/center] [i]Appetisers...they warmed diners up for mains, right?[/i] Niah thought as she looked over the ingredients at her disposal. [i]What might fit that's memorable...?[/i] Niah picked up spice jars and sniffed each in turn, paused, and smiled. Memory could be like taste, the strong ones were often the interesting ones. The Tundra hummed to herself as she picked out some pumpkin seeds and readied the spices. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b5d1665e1de22e5f6ff6d9992a4057e3/tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png[/img][/center] Niah was happy to be one of the first to go up. For one thing it meant the judges would still be fairly fresh, and for another, it made it easier to sit and enjoy the rest of the show afterwards. Raith proved true to his critical promise with the first contestant, but enjoyed Niah's offering, in spite of it being one of the meatless appetisers that day. The Tundra smiled and bowed. That was one thing about dealing with people who were brutally honest. They let you know when they liked something. Aion was the most generous with compliments, but then there was Nassau. Niah resisted the urge to respond to Nassau's dislike of her appetiser's appearance. Even she had heard tales of a renowned blind chef, and, from Inima's chatter with some of the other contestants, about an establishment where diners ate in the dark. Afterwards, Niah and her companions clapped at the impressive (or just Inima and Ruha with the not-so-impressive) dishes that were presented to the judges. "Aha! A zesty entrée to pique tastebuds and diner for the meal ahead. An excellent choice my dear!" Salpicar complimented Niah, who was happy with her results. "This is far more good-spirited than you led me to expect." The Tundra remarked. "I agree! I'm certain you'll enjoy the week." Salpicar smiled. "Some of those dishes were incredible." Fionne joined the conversation. "Seems like almost everyone has something to learn from everyone else." "True." Niah acknowledged. "Maybe you can think about interesting ways to lay out a dish on a plate? Like Chronos's potato skins. It's...also nice for the audience who won't all be able to try it like the judges?" Fionne began to trail off as her sister became taciturn. "...I'll think about it." Salpicar cleared his throat. "Now tell me, what favourite dish of yours may we expect sometime in the week?" "Orrr, is there something you're thinking of trying?" Inima chimed in. With memories of her lessons still reasonably fresh from the revision of the night before, Niah thought for a little, and gave her answer with a smile. "Root vegetables with peanut sauce. Roanhock talked about how great burdock is, so I'd like an opportunity to make a meal with it."
The cooking results are so fun to read!
351337p.png33922432p.png25039626p.png3453017p.png49361391p.png50651893p.png
tumblr_inline_o23jkkOsuG1r3lvtf_500.png

The Previous Night
The group (including Fionne who'd rejoined them with a remark about doing some early morning sightseeing) returned to the mine after the first day had ended. In the room that had been converted into a kitchen in the mine, they found Fayje and another Coatl.
"Hey! Some of you have met Ryndlite, right?" The visitor was introduced, and Fayje continued.
"You know, nothing sucks the fun outta a party more than a fight, and I was thinking, back where I'm from everyone takes turns making food for everyone. So you two can take tonight off, me and Rynds are gonna make you a chicken curry!"
"It's a surprise dinner! Thank you Fayje! You too Ryndlite!" Inima exclaimed.
Fayje laughed, "the next best thing to a surprise party. 'Cept dinners can be any day!"

Niah could feel Fionne's gaze on her, and sighed. "Fayje...I was tired last night. I needed some time alone. To be honest, I still don't like you, but...that doesn't mean I should be harsh on you...Thank you."
Inima glanced between the glaring Fionne and Niah's almost-apology and tried smiling at Ruha, who silently reassured her.

In spite of their differences, when it was time for supper, Niah started asking the two Coatl about how they prepared the meal. Ryndlite was happy to share. Fayje asked about the judges and hosts.
"Sound like fancy sorts, well, that Nassau anyhow. Wouldn't surprise me if based it on that thing some eateries have where different kinds of things come at different times."
Salpicar raised an eyebrow, and Fayje laughed.
"Back in the Wasteland, there's an eatery that pokes fun at the fancy ones. Wear what you like, eat as messily as you like. They call it the Ratz."
The conversation continued, and Fionne watched her sister ask questions.
So. She does enjoy learning.

As everyone went to their own rooms, Inima followed Fionne.
"Hey, um...ah, how is Perception so good at this?"
"I'm happy to talk, Inima." Fionne enjoyed the Coatl's company.
"Well, it's you and your sister. I mean I don't want to pry but, I hear communication's important for any relationship, so...could you talk to her?"
"I'm...not sure what there is to say..."
"Just..." Inima faltered, "I hope you both have a great festival." With that, Inima left Fionne to her thoughts.
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o3_500.png
Day 2: The Appetiser
Appetisers...they warmed diners up for mains, right? Niah thought as she looked over the ingredients at her disposal. What might fit that's memorable...? Niah picked up spice jars and sniffed each in turn, paused, and smiled. Memory could be like taste, the strong ones were often the interesting ones.
The Tundra hummed to herself as she picked out some pumpkin seeds and readied the spices.
tumblr_pim3eqPdfb1tgwosdo5_250.png
Niah was happy to be one of the first to go up. For one thing it meant the judges would still be fairly fresh, and for another, it made it easier to sit and enjoy the rest of the show afterwards.
Raith proved true to his critical promise with the first contestant, but enjoyed Niah's offering, in spite of it being one of the meatless appetisers that day.
The Tundra smiled and bowed.
That was one thing about dealing with people who were brutally honest. They let you know when they liked something.
Aion was the most generous with compliments, but then there was Nassau.
Niah resisted the urge to respond to Nassau's dislike of her appetiser's appearance. Even she had heard tales of a renowned blind chef, and, from Inima's chatter with some of the other contestants, about an establishment where diners ate in the dark.

Afterwards, Niah and her companions clapped at the impressive (or just Inima and Ruha with the not-so-impressive) dishes that were presented to the judges.

"Aha! A zesty entrée to pique tastebuds and diner for the meal ahead. An excellent choice my dear!" Salpicar complimented Niah, who was happy with her results.
"This is far more good-spirited than you led me to expect." The Tundra remarked.
"I agree! I'm certain you'll enjoy the week." Salpicar smiled.
"Some of those dishes were incredible." Fionne joined the conversation. "Seems like almost everyone has something to learn from everyone else."
"True." Niah acknowledged.
"Maybe you can think about interesting ways to lay out a dish on a plate? Like Chronos's potato skins. It's...also nice for the audience who won't all be able to try it like the judges?" Fionne began to trail off as her sister became taciturn.
"...I'll think about it."

Salpicar cleared his throat. "Now tell me, what favourite dish of yours may we expect sometime in the week?"
"Orrr, is there something you're thinking of trying?" Inima chimed in.
With memories of her lessons still reasonably fresh from the revision of the night before, Niah thought for a little, and gave her answer with a smile.
"Root vegetables with peanut sauce. Roanhock talked about how great burdock is, so I'd like an opportunity to make a meal with it."
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60181807][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601819/60181807.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][size=4] Lou is more than a bit disheartened by the judge’s reactions. He thought a unique dish would make for a memorable impression, but it seems it was the wrong kind of memorable. He is, however, quite pleased with Aion’s appreciation of the nutritional benefits of crickets. He hopes he can pull himself together and do better in the next round. He’ll have a lot of work to do. Lou is a fan of soups and stews. They can be made with a variety of ingredients, adjusted and modified to suit tastes and servings, and can be left cooking all day while he takes care of other matters. It’s also quite pleasant to have a large bowl to warm up on cool nights. His personal favorite is a Scarlet Mussel Chowder passed down from his father’s side of the family for generations.
60181807.png
Lou is more than a bit disheartened by the judge’s reactions. He thought a unique dish would make for a memorable impression, but it seems it was the wrong kind of memorable. He is, however, quite pleased with Aion’s appreciation of the nutritional benefits of crickets. He hopes he can pull himself together and do better in the next round. He’ll have a lot of work to do.

Lou is a fan of soups and stews. They can be made with a variety of ingredients, adjusted and modified to suit tastes and servings, and can be left cooking all day while he takes care of other matters. It’s also quite pleasant to have a large bowl to warm up on cool nights. His personal favorite is a Scarlet Mussel Chowder passed down from his father’s side of the family for generations.
C5V5o0z.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30