Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37028655][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/370287/37028655_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Tigri woke up bright and early on the day of the competition, and arrived a solid half hour early. Unfortunately, this ended up almost making him late, because it meant he had time to look around the festival -- but not quite enough time to make it back. He hurried up to the group as the skydancer was assigning everyone their stations, just in time to get sent to his own. Tigri looked around at his fellow competitors. Some of them seemed like real professionals, who had probably been in competitions like this many times over. Others he felt a bit more on-par with. Tigri was on the amateur end of cooks; he'd only really cooked for friends and clanmembers before. He hadn't entered the competition expecting to win, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to try! Tigri snapped back to attention as the rest of the group began to disperse. He had been so consumed in exploring the more obsure and specific tools at his station that he had completely missed the judge's introductions. He felt mostly fine with this; after all, he had no intention of trying to appeal to the judges. He was here to share his favorite recipes, and that was it. Following the crowd out towards the rest of the festival, he headed off towards the part of the fairgrounds he hadn't had time to explore that morning.
37028655_350.png

Tigri woke up bright and early on the day of the competition, and arrived a solid half hour early. Unfortunately, this ended up almost making him late, because it meant he had time to look around the festival -- but not quite enough time to make it back. He hurried up to the group as the skydancer was assigning everyone their stations, just in time to get sent to his own.

Tigri looked around at his fellow competitors. Some of them seemed like real professionals, who had probably been in competitions like this many times over. Others he felt a bit more on-par with. Tigri was on the amateur end of cooks; he'd only really cooked for friends and clanmembers before. He hadn't entered the competition expecting to win, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to try!

Tigri snapped back to attention as the rest of the group began to disperse. He had been so consumed in exploring the more obsure and specific tools at his station that he had completely missed the judge's introductions. He felt mostly fine with this; after all, he had no intention of trying to appeal to the judges. He was here to share his favorite recipes, and that was it.

Following the crowd out towards the rest of the festival, he headed off towards the part of the fairgrounds he hadn't had time to explore that morning.
transgender.pngTkQY47D.pngAromantic.pngfsMWPHj.pnggenderqueer.pnga9etaNf.gifKNAvkWg.pngdaily_candles.pngKJF0pqy.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58158714][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/581588/58158714_350.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- ----- Gateau wasn't normally the sort to wander far from home, preferring the comfort of waking up to the same routine every morning, running his humble bakery with his co-owner, Pannacotta. However, when news of a cooking competition spread across Sorneith, he hadn't been able to hide his intrigue, and at the urgings of Pannacotta, decided to send in an application. Quite honestly, he hadn't expected much to come of it—he had almost forgotten about it entirely until it was time to pack up his belongings and leave home. He couldn't deny it: he was nervous, dreadfully so. As he arrived at the competition, his head feathers flicked nervously in every direction, picking up the noises of an unfamiliar environment, crowded with other chefs, likely the sort with far more formal training than himself. He really was out of his depth here, it seemed... But there was no turning back now. He would never live it down if he returned home without even giving it a try, and he'd surely experienced worse than a simple [I]cooking competition[/I]. He steeled himself to face the crowds, and went to get checked in to his station, claws clutching at his apron the entire time. ----- ----- Gateau was rather thankful that they had been given time to settle in before anything of importance happened, as he hated cooking anywhere unfamiliar. He allowed his claws to run over his cooking station, checking and double checking that his equipment was operational and he had any supplies he could possibly dream of needing. He had to admit, this place was well-stocked, clearly better funded than the small-town bakery he was used to. It was intimidating at first, but he found a part of him growing excited at the prospect of being able to cook in a place that made him feel like somebody important. He smiled softly to himself, promising that he would try his best, not just for Pannacotta, but for himself as well. While the words of some of the judges shook his spirit slightly, he did his best to keep up appearances, forcing himself to stop fiddling nervously with the corner of his apron and even casting a small smile at nearby dragons. He was a chef, after all! Perhaps not a professional, or anything special, but he could make a wicked dessert, and if he could walk away having pleased the palette of at least one judge, he'd consider it an accomplishment! More determined than ever, Gateau tidied his station once again, waiting with nervous anticipation for the first challenge that would be thrown his way.
58158714_350.png

Gateau wasn't normally the sort to wander far from home, preferring the comfort of waking up to the same routine every morning, running his humble bakery with his co-owner, Pannacotta. However, when news of a cooking competition spread across Sorneith, he hadn't been able to hide his intrigue, and at the urgings of Pannacotta, decided to send in an application.

Quite honestly, he hadn't expected much to come of it—he had almost forgotten about it entirely until it was time to pack up his belongings and leave home.

He couldn't deny it: he was nervous, dreadfully so. As he arrived at the competition, his head feathers flicked nervously in every direction, picking up the noises of an unfamiliar environment, crowded with other chefs, likely the sort with far more formal training than himself. He really was out of his depth here, it seemed...

But there was no turning back now. He would never live it down if he returned home without even giving it a try, and he'd surely experienced worse than a simple cooking competition. He steeled himself to face the crowds, and went to get checked in to his station, claws clutching at his apron the entire time.

Gateau was rather thankful that they had been given time to settle in before anything of importance happened, as he hated cooking anywhere unfamiliar. He allowed his claws to run over his cooking station, checking and double checking that his equipment was operational and he had any supplies he could possibly dream of needing. He had to admit, this place was well-stocked, clearly better funded than the small-town bakery he was used to. It was intimidating at first, but he found a part of him growing excited at the prospect of being able to cook in a place that made him feel like somebody important. He smiled softly to himself, promising that he would try his best, not just for Pannacotta, but for himself as well.

While the words of some of the judges shook his spirit slightly, he did his best to keep up appearances, forcing himself to stop fiddling nervously with the corner of his apron and even casting a small smile at nearby dragons. He was a chef, after all! Perhaps not a professional, or anything special, but he could make a wicked dessert, and if he could walk away having pleased the palette of at least one judge, he'd consider it an accomplishment!

More determined than ever, Gateau tidied his station once again, waiting with nervous anticipation for the first challenge that would be thrown his way.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[b]Day 1[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9623997][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/96240/9623997_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Lola hadn't [i]meant[/i] to show up to the first day of the Blasterchef competition so late in the day. The Ashfall Wastes had seemed so [i]close[/i] to the Sea of a Thousand Currents on the map, so she'd vastly underestimated how far she'd have to travel to get to the festival grounds and thus would've missed half the competition if one of her clanmates hadn't given her a lift with their Crowned Roc familiar. And then when she arrived, the Ashfall Wastes were just so [i]hot[/i] and so [i]bright[/i] (so unlike the Sea she lived in or the Tangled Wood she grew up in) that Lola just [i]had[/i] to find somewhere in the shade where she could rest and cool off, and maybe enjoy some snacks while sipping on some cold drinks, and then doze off from the combination of a full belly and the heat and - Okay, so [i]maybe[/i] it was completely Lola's fault that she didn't arrive to the Blasterchef competition until after the sun had already set. But she was a senior citizen, for deities' sakes! Those hotheaded whippersnappers should be more gracious towards her old bones. Honestly, Lola wouldn't even be here (her specialty was desserts and sugary snacks, not full course meals) if one of her clanmates hadn't made an off-hand comment about old Coatls and new tricks. [i]Well, I suppose a challenge [/i]would [i]be fun... [/i] Of [i]course[/i] her bay was Bay 47, all the way in the back. [i]That's what I get for arriving late, I suppose. [/I]Lola just hoped that the judges wouldn't be too stuffed from sampling the other chefs' dishes before they got around to judging hers. Most of the nearby chefs were busy either with prepping their kitchens or chatting with other chefs, so Lola spent her time trying to familiarize herself with the appliances in her bay. Most of the extra features were too newfangled for her to understand, but she was able to figure out the basic functions easily enough. [i]...Hopefully that'll be all I need,[/i] thought Lola. For her menu, she had picked dishes that she had eaten several times in her childhood. While most of them were fairly simple, she'd hoped that her familiarity with them would allow her to cook them to perfection and wow the judges with her skills. Though at least two of the judges might be tricky to wow... Lola snapped herself out of that line of thinking. She'd dealt with finicky diners before - she'd cooked for hatchlings, after all. And if there was one thing she'd learned in all her years of baking and cooking, it was that you could get a dragon to eat anything if you bribed them with enough cookies. And Lola was very, very good at baking cookies.
Day 1
9623997_350.png
Lola hadn't meant to show up to the first day of the Blasterchef competition so late in the day. The Ashfall Wastes had seemed so close to the Sea of a Thousand Currents on the map, so she'd vastly underestimated how far she'd have to travel to get to the festival grounds and thus would've missed half the competition if one of her clanmates hadn't given her a lift with their Crowned Roc familiar. And then when she arrived, the Ashfall Wastes were just so hot and so bright (so unlike the Sea she lived in or the Tangled Wood she grew up in) that Lola just had to find somewhere in the shade where she could rest and cool off, and maybe enjoy some snacks while sipping on some cold drinks, and then doze off from the combination of a full belly and the heat and -

Okay, so maybe it was completely Lola's fault that she didn't arrive to the Blasterchef competition until after the sun had already set. But she was a senior citizen, for deities' sakes! Those hotheaded whippersnappers should be more gracious towards her old bones. Honestly, Lola wouldn't even be here (her specialty was desserts and sugary snacks, not full course meals) if one of her clanmates hadn't made an off-hand comment about old Coatls and new tricks. Well, I suppose a challenge would be fun...

Of course her bay was Bay 47, all the way in the back. That's what I get for arriving late, I suppose. Lola just hoped that the judges wouldn't be too stuffed from sampling the other chefs' dishes before they got around to judging hers. Most of the nearby chefs were busy either with prepping their kitchens or chatting with other chefs, so Lola spent her time trying to familiarize herself with the appliances in her bay. Most of the extra features were too newfangled for her to understand, but she was able to figure out the basic functions easily enough.

...Hopefully that'll be all I need, thought Lola. For her menu, she had picked dishes that she had eaten several times in her childhood. While most of them were fairly simple, she'd hoped that her familiarity with them would allow her to cook them to perfection and wow the judges with her skills. Though at least two of the judges might be tricky to wow...

Lola snapped herself out of that line of thinking. She'd dealt with finicky diners before - she'd cooked for hatchlings, after all. And if there was one thing she'd learned in all her years of baking and cooking, it was that you could get a dragon to eat anything if you bribed them with enough cookies.

And Lola was very, very good at baking cookies.
Na5WGHa.png
Sunday: Welcome to the Party [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60924580][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/609246/60924580_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Waking that morning was no trouble for Una. She usually wakes before dawn in order to cook her pastries that she prepped the night before and start the morning boil of her daily soup special in her large, iron cauldron. Today she did none of those things except wake up and bake two little muffins (flavor: oranges and poppyseed) for the road. She made sure to lock her doors tight—the youngest addition to the clan (and strangest, like his adopted parent), Curiosity, no doubt would worm his way into the shop and forget to clean the place up if she didn’t take the precaution. She left the little spiral a note to come watch her compete later, specifying that he could learn from it like she will. That should satisfy his nature, and she would love his company. But assuming she would be alone on this competitive journey, Una had no trouble finding the tent and less fear or worry that she felt permeating off some of the other contestants. It was pretty alright, all things considering. The open-floor plan of the area and her designated station are nothing like her cozy kitchen and cauldron, and everything is perhaps warmer than she’d anticipated, but it’s all very fair and she can’t complain. She has no expectation of winning, but hearing the gaoler’s words—[i]I expect nothing but trash from you[/i]—ruffles her feathers, momentarily, as she’s sure they’re meant to. Una’s not a baker in order to please someone else. She bakes and cooks and brews simply for the pleasure of herself and discovery. Sure, she loves her customers, and yes, she’s had an undisclosed number of them growing pale at their first tastes of her Stranger BewareTM muffins and soup, and occasionally they spit her food out. Yes, she’s also had a few passionate, outraged out-of-towners demand she shut down her “disgusting and literally sickening shop,” but she’s never held it against them. It’s one step closer to finding the ultimate delightful flavor combinations. But to call her work automatically, guaranteed “trash”? Without tasting one crumb off her spotless plate? She’ll make this gaoler, whatever his name is, truly puke. Anyway, the other judges seem lovely. She’ll prepare them a full seven-course meal once this is over, some perfectly ordinary and scrumptious dishes. She only chooses to be monstrous in her kitchen—she’s not incapable of cooking deliciously. ~ ~ ~ An hour later, she re-organizes her tools on her station for the umpteenth time. She had brought her own trusty measuring cups and spoons, and of course her lucky soup ladle. The pristine pots and pans and other tools are a delight to behold, especially since they look freshly forged! Not at all like her second-hand, well-loved tools at home. Perhaps one of the judges can point her to a lovely shop around here that can sell her some beautiful pots like these—or maybe she can buy the ones she uses for the competition after the week’s over. The other competitors are mingling, and Una goes over a small group nearest to her station. She joins their chatting, and one of them points to her tail. “Whatcha got in that sack?” the imperial asks. “Huh? Oh,” Una says, and she untangles it form her tail. She pours the contents out on her hand—the two muffins. “I must’ve forgotten to eat them. This is my breakfast.” As she eats her breakfast and the discussion turns to the judges and theorizing the challenges, Una’s previously inflamed feelings subside and fall away. She’s not one to hold a grudge for too long, and she certainly can’t resist guessing what the challenges may be. “Sustainable ice cream for the hottest of days!” she shouts out, among the chorus of other wild guesses. This’ll be an exciting week!
Sunday: Welcome to the Party
60924580_350.png

Waking that morning was no trouble for Una. She usually wakes before dawn in order to cook her pastries that she prepped the night before and start the morning boil of her daily soup special in her large, iron cauldron. Today she did none of those things except wake up and bake two little muffins (flavor: oranges and poppyseed) for the road. She made sure to lock her doors tight—the youngest addition to the clan (and strangest, like his adopted parent), Curiosity, no doubt would worm his way into the shop and forget to clean the place up if she didn’t take the precaution. She left the little spiral a note to come watch her compete later, specifying that he could learn from it like she will. That should satisfy his nature, and she would love his company.

But assuming she would be alone on this competitive journey, Una had no trouble finding the tent and less fear or worry that she felt permeating off some of the other contestants. It was pretty alright, all things considering. The open-floor plan of the area and her designated station are nothing like her cozy kitchen and cauldron, and everything is perhaps warmer than she’d anticipated, but it’s all very fair and she can’t complain. She has no expectation of winning, but hearing the gaoler’s words—I expect nothing but trash from you—ruffles her feathers, momentarily, as she’s sure they’re meant to.

Una’s not a baker in order to please someone else. She bakes and cooks and brews simply for the pleasure of herself and discovery. Sure, she loves her customers, and yes, she’s had an undisclosed number of them growing pale at their first tastes of her Stranger BewareTM muffins and soup, and occasionally they spit her food out. Yes, she’s also had a few passionate, outraged out-of-towners demand she shut down her “disgusting and literally sickening shop,” but she’s never held it against them. It’s one step closer to finding the ultimate delightful flavor combinations.

But to call her work automatically, guaranteed “trash”? Without tasting one crumb off her spotless plate?

She’ll make this gaoler, whatever his name is, truly puke.

Anyway, the other judges seem lovely. She’ll prepare them a full seven-course meal once this is over, some perfectly ordinary and scrumptious dishes. She only chooses to be monstrous in her kitchen—she’s not incapable of cooking deliciously.

~ ~ ~

An hour later, she re-organizes her tools on her station for the umpteenth time. She had brought her own trusty measuring cups and spoons, and of course her lucky soup ladle. The pristine pots and pans and other tools are a delight to behold, especially since they look freshly forged! Not at all like her second-hand, well-loved tools at home. Perhaps one of the judges can point her to a lovely shop around here that can sell her some beautiful pots like these—or maybe she can buy the ones she uses for the competition after the week’s over.
The other competitors are mingling, and Una goes over a small group nearest to her station. She joins their chatting, and one of them points to her tail.

“Whatcha got in that sack?” the imperial asks.

“Huh? Oh,” Una says, and she untangles it form her tail. She pours the contents out on her hand—the two muffins. “I must’ve forgotten to eat them. This is my breakfast.”

As she eats her breakfast and the discussion turns to the judges and theorizing the challenges, Una’s previously inflamed feelings subside and fall away. She’s not one to hold a grudge for too long, and she certainly can’t resist guessing what the challenges may be.

“Sustainable ice cream for the hottest of days!” she shouts out, among the chorus of other wild guesses. This’ll be an exciting week!
nY6wW9G.gif fpqmTQ7.pngWurSB3C.gif
((Aw dang, sign ups closed. Are there any like, audience participation opportunities or ways to buy badges after the event?))
((Aw dang, sign ups closed. Are there any like, audience participation opportunities or ways to buy badges after the event?))
Luck takes stock of his station. He would have preferred to be in the back but at least he wasn’t in the front row. The cooking equipment was nicer than he was used to. He felt another little rush of excitement that he had been having all day, with determination and a tint of nerves too. He hadn’t spent much time outside of Chipmunk Bluff. The place where he calls home, with a familiar clan surrounding him, and the tranquility of the secluded landscape. But he wants to try something new, ready for a change in life and career. Cooking, a hobby he greatly enjoys from home, may be the way to go. What better way to discover his calling than through this competition?

There are so many other competitors. The judges’ speeches had rattled them and swirls of emotions washed around Luck like a mix of liquid colours. Some looked confused, some frustrated, some dazed. Luck was ready for a challenge and is determined to surprise even Raith. If only he could have a chance to show his self-taught skills, he’s sure he could make something to show even the biggest skeptic what good food tastes like. Quietly and calmly, with an easygoing expression, Luck cleans his claws and readies himself.
Luck takes stock of his station. He would have preferred to be in the back but at least he wasn’t in the front row. The cooking equipment was nicer than he was used to. He felt another little rush of excitement that he had been having all day, with determination and a tint of nerves too. He hadn’t spent much time outside of Chipmunk Bluff. The place where he calls home, with a familiar clan surrounding him, and the tranquility of the secluded landscape. But he wants to try something new, ready for a change in life and career. Cooking, a hobby he greatly enjoys from home, may be the way to go. What better way to discover his calling than through this competition?

There are so many other competitors. The judges’ speeches had rattled them and swirls of emotions washed around Luck like a mix of liquid colours. Some looked confused, some frustrated, some dazed. Luck was ready for a challenge and is determined to surprise even Raith. If only he could have a chance to show his self-taught skills, he’s sure he could make something to show even the biggest skeptic what good food tastes like. Quietly and calmly, with an easygoing expression, Luck cleans his claws and readies himself.
cFTYM2C.png
old-oaks-3.png
JsDpZej.png
battle_guild_by_lizziecat1279-daav9k1.png
@Elodee
Unfortunately not. Your welcome to participate in your own count, my tackling the challenges. (I just ask that you don't post it here as to not confuse what's happening.) But you're welcome to apply the challenges to one of your own dragons and award yourself the badges.
@Elodee
Unfortunately not. Your welcome to participate in your own count, my tackling the challenges. (I just ask that you don't post it here as to not confuse what's happening.) But you're welcome to apply the challenges to one of your own dragons and award yourself the badges.
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40520413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/405205/40520413_350.png[/img][/url] * °~ [emoji=sun size=1] ~° *[/center] [i]It is quite early into day two of the festival by the time that Shuu arrives, and he all but collapses into his room as the door swings shut. The journey across the Sea and Wastes have left him weary and tender down to his marrow, and he relishes in the plush bedding that soon cradles him. Shuu is distantly aware of the fact that he will need to leave the quiet little inn soon to compete in today's challenges, especially since he missed yesterday's introductions, but that thought can remain on the back burner for now. Besides, he has Matsumae ready to wake him when the time comes. And with that final moment of coherency, Shuu's consciousness sinks beneath the waves...[/i]
40520413_350.png

* °~ ~° *

It is quite early into day two of the festival by the time that Shuu arrives, and he all but collapses into his room as the door swings shut. The journey across the Sea and Wastes have left him weary and tender down to his marrow, and he relishes in the plush bedding that soon cradles him. Shuu is distantly aware of the fact that he will need to leave the quiet little inn soon to compete in today's challenges, especially since he missed yesterday's introductions, but that thought can remain on the back burner for now.

Besides, he has Matsumae ready to wake him when the time comes. And with that final moment of coherency, Shuu's consciousness sinks beneath the waves...

nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms] The festival is in full swing by the dawn of it’s second day. Crowds of dragons attending stalls and tents. Inside the large grey tent, the contestants are already filing in to line up at the counters, many equipped with fresh ingredients ready to start. A few have already begun, their particular dishes taking a while to prepare. Latona has been wandering the floor, occasionally commenting on the particular cooks attempts. As the day progresses, a small crowd has formed at the front of the tent, where an area has been roped out for them. This spot is actually raised, allowing them to look down over the floor. A long table stands at the head of the room. The three judges are seated around it, conversing amongst each other. The day progresses, cooks slaving away under the heat to get their dishes ready. Finally, as the sun begins its descent toward the horizon, a loud voice echoes across the room. Standing before the judges is Latona, a microphone clutched in one hand. She calls attention to herself. [color=#e6621c]"Welcome everyone, to the first round of the Blasterchef Competition! Our cooks have been hard at work preparing their first dish, and appetizer to get our judges in the mood for a week’s worth of taste testing! Competitor’s will present their dish to the judges in the order of their bays. Now we do expect this to take some time, we have a whole 50 competitors here! So bare with us as we work our way through them. Now, who’s ready to get this thing started!!! ----- ----- [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/630764/63076348.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 1:[/b] - Juvia [/size][/size][size=2]@yakusoku15 (my apoligies for the mistake) [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Spinach Puffs[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It seems we have our very first contestant stepping up to the judges table now! She seems to be clutching a plate of pastries. I tell you what, it’s got to be rough being the first up here, but let’s see what our judges think. [color=c492d6]R: They look... quaint, it’s not something I would serve in any establishment, more something one would display at a hatchling’s birthday party. [color=44caaa]A: That’s because it’s an appetizer Raith, there’s going to be a lot of things like this. Personally I think they’re rather cute. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He makes a non-committal grunts.[/i] [color=ccaa33]N: Shall we actually taste them then? [/color][i]Silence as the judge’s nibble the puffs. Raith takes one bite and stops. [color=c492d6]R: This is unacceptable, they’re far too bland. The spinach overpowers anything else you’ve put in here. [i]He drops the puff backs on the plate.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: [i]She follows suit.[/i] I’m sorry deary, it’s just - [i]she pauses, trying to find the words[/i]. It’s just not great. I’m sure your clanmates find them great, but we do have rather refined tastes. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]He stares at his puff for quite some time, taking minute bites until it’s all gone. He stays silent.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Don’t forget this is only our first contestant. This will set the bar for the rest of the competition. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][b][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][b][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the very first dish has a total score of [b]11![/b] Will this be a benchmark for other competitors to beat, or is this just a bad first example? Let’s find out with contestant number 2!! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/506519/50651893.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 2:[/b] - Niah [/size][/size][size=2]@stanzascale [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Spicy Pumpkin Seeds[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Niah is bringing up a few dishes of what look like seeds to the judges. They definitely look, orange, to say the least. [color=44caaa]A: Actually, I believe these are pumpkin seeds. [color=ccaa33]N: That would explain the confronting colour. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Pops one into his mouth.[/i] Hmm, that’s actually quite bracing. You’ve used cumin and paprika correct? It leaves a strong impression. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Crunches a few.[/i] Yes, and both contain large amounts of minerals, coupled with the fiber and magnesium of the pumpkin seeds, this dish would be very good for your digestion. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Lifts one between two claws, looking down his nose at it.[/i] If only it weren’t so visually unappealing. [i]He bites into the seeds, grimaces, and swallows thickly.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Contestants, don’t be affronted if the judges eat only a small portion of your dishes, we have 50 contestants here today! We don’t want them to have sore stomachs do we? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of [b]18![/b] So far they’re winning, but can they stay in the lead for long? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608533/60853219.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 3:[/b] - Fahrenheit [/size][/size][size=2]@saraceaser [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Focaccia Rolls[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: And the next dish is already on its way up. I do actually recognize these. They are focaccia rolls yes? A very common side dish, but healthier than your regular sliced white bread. [color=ccaa33]N: Rather plain looking if you ask me, they could have at least decorated the tops. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between these and regular rolls. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Chewing obnoxiously, swallowing before speaking.[/i] You can tell by the texture though. It’s a lot softer than regular bread, and if you ask me, feels like it hasn’t been cooked all the way through. [color=44caaa]A:If all we focused on was how the food looked or felt, we would be out of a job wouldn’t we boys. If you ask me, focaccia is an excellent choice. It’s light, and perfect as an antipasto. It contains very little sugar, and this particular dish has been seasoned with rosemary, basil and thyme. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Interrupting.[/i] But it could be cooked longer. [color=44caaa]A [i]Reluctantly.[/i] Maybe a tad longer. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Please don’t forget to check out our sponsors! Roghar’s Radical Roasts. Looking for some meat that will blow your mind and knock your socks off? Then Roghar’s Radical Roasts is the cuisine for you! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of [b]15![/b] A solid start from this competitor, and definitely a dragon to keep your eyes on for the rest of the week! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612365/61236420.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 4:[/b] - Lithium [/size][/size][size=2]@sciencer [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mini Cheese Kebab[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now this is something interesting. It looks like mini kebabs? Aww how adorable. [color=c492d6]R: These can’t possible be called a kebab! Where’s the meat? [color=ccaa33N: Not all kebab’s have to have meat Raith, in fact these do look incredibly well presented. The kebab has a very rustic aesthetic, but present a dish [color=44caaa]quite elegantly. You can see exactly what you’re eating. [color=44caaa]A: Personally, I would’ve added a bit of variation to the kebabs, perhaps add some tomato or capsicum, just to excite things a little, but the assortment of cheeses here is quite exquisite. [/color]The judges pick up their respective skewers. Aion and Nassau watch in horror as Raith fits the whole thing in his mouth, pulling out a clean skewer. [color=c492d6]R: Boring. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Remember when attempting to recreate any of these dishes to be aware of the dietary requirements of your diners. Lactose and Gluten can often be hidden assassins. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of [b]15![/b] Currently tying for second place! This is a very close competition. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ez0XdWg.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 5:[/b] - StrawberryCream [/size][/size][size=2]@wintrecat [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Simmering Smoked Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Hold on, this is an honest to Mather hatchling. Did anyone even check these contestants? This is a disaster waiting to happen. I guess there’s nothing we can do about it now. [i]Glares intensely off camera and off stage, presumable to a poor intern.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: Come now Latona, let the poor thing bring her dish up, what have we here? [i]Pauses, paling slightly.[/i] Mushrooms, oh goody. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Snorts in amusement.[/i] [color=ccaa33N: Aion, just because you were poisoned once, doesn’t mean that all mushrooms are out to get you. These stuffed mushrooms actually look quite cute. A cute dish from a cute contestant hmmm? [color=c492d6]R: Now, if you want to gain protein without having meat, mushrooms are usually a good way to go. Of course, you could just use meat. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Takes a teensy bite of one, before turning slightly green.[/i] [color=ccaa33]N: Perhaps you’re allergic? [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Seriously, what on earth happened here. The child can barely see over the counters? Do you want OH&S breathing down my neck? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, somehow the child scored [b]18![/b] Surely this was a pity vote from our esteemed judges! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/391839/39183813.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 6:[/b] - Kate [/size][/size][size=2]@tomswifty [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Campfire Jalapeno Poppers.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Right. Our previous little “incident” dealt with, let’s get onto the next contestant! Ooh are those jalapenos? [color=44caaa]A: [i]Still slightly pale[/i] Stuffed Jalapenos actually, often referred to as “Jalapeno poppers”. They are often served battered, or open cut but these are something different. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]He raises his eyebrows.[/i] If I’m correct, rather than being cut in half to be stuffed, a very small incision has been made by removing the stem. The stuffing has then been piped in before… [color=c492d6]R: Being cooked over open flame! Ingenious! This retains the softness of the stuffing, while crisping up the jalapeno nicely! [color=44caaa]A: [i]Swaying slightly[/i] How… Inventive… [i]Collapses to the side[/i] [/color]A pair of guardians rush onto the stage, loading Aion, who is quivering in pain, onto a stretcher. Everyone watches them go with concern. [color=e6621c]L: Oh no! Those mushrooms really mustn't have agreed with Aion. Not to worry folks, they’ll get a healer on her quick smart and she’ll be back to taste the rest of the dishes in a jiffy. Meanwhile, we’ll award Kate a 5 for Aion, as she was unable to give her judgement. L: Well how about some scores then huh? I wonder how Aion would have scored this dish had she been capable, I suppose it’s a mystery we’ll never solve. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored [b]24![/b] That’s our first perfect ten for the day. I wonder how many we can get? Makes me think whether we did the dish dirty, awarding it an average score? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626652/62665198.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 7:[/b] - Elliania [/size][/size][size=2]@katsuji [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Fried Molten Gobies.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Any we’re back! Up next we’ve got a bit more of a traditional dish. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s not often we get a traditional dish served up to us. [color=c492d6]R: Finally some actual protein. Alas, it’s only fish, but at least it’s meat. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Looking fine now.[/i] It seems redundant doesn’t it? Frying a “molten” goby. They are incredibly resistant to high temperatures, considering they can run of upwards of 60*C in body temperature. [color=ccaa33]N: Frying isn’t the usual cooking method for this fish. Usually it’s a slow boil, so that the meat is properly softened. [color=c492d6]R: Who cares? It’s meat! [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Molten Goby are actually often eaten rare by seafood-inclined dragons here in the Ashfall Waste. Some consider it a right-of-passage to catch and eat one raw from the boiling lakes. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored [b]15![/b] Perhaps traditional dishes aren’t the way to go with these judges, ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/101422/10142190.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 8:[/b] - Quartz [/size][/size][size=2]@bxy26 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Ceviche Mixto w/ Tortilla Chips.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our next contestant is ready and raring to go. What they’ve got for our judges is an interesting assortment of seafoods. [color=44caaa]A: Oh my that’s quite a lot of shrimp. [color=c492d6]R: I suppose I’m going to have to wait until I get my proper meat don’t I? Meanwhile, here I am faced with a mediocre presentation of minimal effort. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s not presented very well. The shrimp has just been scooped out onto each plate, with some spring onion tossed on top. [color=44caaa]A: We can’t judge these dishes just on how they look. [i]Takes a bite, and promptly places the fork back on the table.[/i] But we can absolutely judge them for their taste. Did you even cure these properly, love? [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Remember to be super careful when working with raw foods, especially meat! .Make sure you serve and consume as soon as the meal is prepared to minimise food poisoning! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored [b]10![/b] Oooh, that’s our lowest score so far today. But that means the only direction to go is up! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/614112/61411131.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 9:[/b] - Piffkriff [/size][/size][size=2]@samelf [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Breadsticks.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We have our next contestant here now. It seems they’ve gone for a more common appetizer. Breadsticks! [color=44caaa]A: And not just any breadstick, these have been made completely from scratch. [i]Pulls a breadstick apart and chews a bit.[/i] There’s hardly any sugar in this, and it’s made from wholegrains. [color=ccaa33]N: Breadsticks are one of my favourite types of bread. It’s such an elegant way of presentation. [color=c492d6]R: If you ask me, which you should, they should have just cooked us meat. [color=44caaa]A: We will get plenty of meat tomorrow Raith, Mather you’re impatient.[color=e6621c] L: Well how about some scores then huh? And now for a word from our sponsors! Looking to relax and maybe score a new friend? Head over to the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2898808/1]Fire Friend Tank![/url] Make some new friends among our scaly renegades. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored [b]15![/b] It seems Raith is getting impatient at the lack of meat, maybe someone can gain is favour soon? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626020/62601943.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 10:[/b] - Erlyssain [/size][/size][size=2]@claares [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Taco Salad.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Ooh here’s something interesting, it looks like someones crushed up a taco and put it in a bowl, fillings and all! [color=ccaa33]N: A common alternative to the classic taco. [color=44caaa]A: Now what do we have here; iceberg lettuce, red capiscum, sour cream and cheddar cheese? [color=c492d6]R: Not to mention this ground beef, finally. [/color][i]Crunches echo through the room.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: Not bad, it definitely has a range of textures and tastes. [color=ccaa33]N: Nothing stands out about it though does it. R: [i]He is silent, but his eyes narrow. Then lowly, he growls.[/i] This is an extremely poor quality beef. And it’s far too overcooked. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Would it surprise you to know that many of the dragons of the Ashfall Waste actually prefer they’re meat closer to raw? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored [b]17![/b] How about that? I think that’s the closest you’ll get these three on agreeing about something. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/600029/60002827.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 11:[/b] - Lampades [/size][/size][size=2]@aquaemperor [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Smoky Bacon Wraps.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh Raith you’ll be happy to know this dish seems entirely consist of meat! [color=c492d6]R: Finally, it had better be cooked right. [color=44caaa]A: Oh it’s difficult to get bacon wrong in my opinion, and these little wraps look so cute! [color=ccaa33]N [i]Sniffs the air, curling his upper lip.[/i] The stench of smoke is overpowering, how can you even bear to eat that? [color=c492d6]R: Nassau, sometimes you gotta get past the smell to get to the good stuff. [i]Throws a handful into his mouth, and moans appreciatively.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? One of the worst smelling foods in our world is the durian! This tropical fruit has been known to knock out young dragons with it’s odour, but is often described as sweet to taste. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored [b]19![/b] That’s a solid starting score, another contestant to keep your eyes on. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/130278/13027766.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 12:[/b] - Meringue [/size][/size][size=2]@eialyne [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=3][font=papyrus][i]Pelagas feathers, Stonespine and Honeycrisp apple chips mix served on puckerberry sprinkled bamboo leaf.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now this definitely looks interesting. Another traditional dish from the north-eastern territories correct? [color=ccaa33]N: Yes. Stonespine grows exclusively in the earth and light domains, preferring the arid climates. It’s not often used in cuisine for good reason. [color=44caaa]A: Now I believe you’re being a little unfair. If tempered correctly, Stonespine can actually be quite nutritious, not to mention the juice of the stonespine fruit is full of natural sugars, great for someone with low blood-sugar. [color=ccaa33]N: They could have at least removed the spines. [color=44caaa]A: That’s half the fun dear. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He says nothing, but his plate is mysteriously empty.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? If you’re feeling run down and out of energy, maybe you have a headache? Then you probably have low blood sugar. Eating something sweet will help out. Fruit juice or honey is an excellent way to get the sugar in your bloodstream faster. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored [b]17![/b] I can not believe our meat master give this dish a ten? That came out of nowhere! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/494945/49494477.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 13:[/b] - Aster [/size][/size][size=2]@missnevermind [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Shrimp Ring.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: If you ask me, this looks quite neatly presented. But, it is a large amount of shrimp. [color=44caaa]A: [i]She licks her lips, before crunching into a shrimp.[/i] I don’t know if I’ve said this yet, but wild-caught shrimp are actually incredibly nutritious. They are very low in calories, but contains a great deal of minerals and vitamins. In particular, shrimp are a great source of iodine, which is quite difficult to find. Further more, these have been treated with lemon juice, which I can never promote enough. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Chruncing.[/i] Okay health nut, [color=ccaa33]N: I will admit to the benefits of shrimp, but a whole dish of them? Get some variation. Next time try some asparagus. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Stuffs more shrimp into her already full mouth.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? On most occasions, wild-caught game and seafood is better than farmed sources. Not only are they healthy, but often taste better. Don’t ask me why. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored [b]18![/b] Nassau seems to be following into a bit of a slump. Can someone get him excited again? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609915/60991431.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 14:[/b] - Vihan [/size][/size][size=2]@illusivefox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Miso Cream Cheese.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh now here’s something interesting. It’s cream cheese, but it’s been infused with something. What is that? [/color][i]The judges begin eating, and keep eating[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Judges? You want to fill us in on what’s so engrossing? [/color][i]The judges remain silent until all three dishes are scraped clean.[/i] [color=c492d6]R: That was, incredibly rich. I haven’t tasted anything quite like it for a while. [color=ccaa33]N: I must agree, this cheese has been soaked with miso, a seasoning created from soybeans, but this example has used seaweed and barley as well, bringing forth a powerful umami. [color=44caaa]A: It’s definitely one of the nicest things I’ve tasted so far, and I can’t fault it based on that. But the use of cream cheese, I can’t condone, particularly for an appetiser. Creamcheese is very high in fat, but contains little in the way of protein. [color=c492d6]R: Who cares whether it has fat or not? It tastes brilliant! [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? All our ingredients and equipment is sourced sustainably, and we’re very careful when it comes to selecting our produce. Free range only! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored [b]25![/b] Now that is a rocking high score! Is this the mark to beat? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/601819/60181807.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 15:[/b] - Lou [/size][/size][size=2]@fishingnet [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Roasted Cricket Quinoa[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our last contestant set a pretty hard bar to beat, but it seems our next contestant isn’t letting that go to their head. [color=c492d6]R: Are those, crickets? [color=ccaa33]N: I think they are. [color=44caaa]A: Oh come on, crickets are actually incredibly nutritious, and a dragon my size could live off a handful a day. They are incredibly high in protein. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Swallows noticeably.[/i] [color=ccaa33]N: Perhaps the quinoa will help dull the taste? [i]He flinches at the echoing crunch of Aion taking a bite.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Please don’t try to eat random insects at home. Many can contain strong toxins that could keep you in a med centre for days! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored [b]13![/b] What a shame Raith and Nassau couldn’t put aside their fear of crickets to enjoy this one. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629696/62969511.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 16:[/b] - Draco [/size][/size][size=2]@kindjoey123 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Tortilla Pinwheel[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now that our judges have cleansed their palates, some more vigorously than others, let’s move onto the next dish. [color=ccaa33]N: These are hardly appealing. They are misshapen and falling apart. [color=44caaa]A: I have to agree. While tortillas are a healthy gluten option, the sheer amount of cheese and beef stuffed into these is concerning. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Scoops one up and pushes the whole thing into his mouth. He takes a moment to consider.[/i] However they may look, this contestant has definitely taken the time with they’re ingredients. This is top quality beef, and the cheeses blend marvelously. [/color][i]Aion and Nassau share glances as Raith sprays the table with half chewed food while talking.[/i] [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? [i]Glances at Raith who is still chewing messily.[/i] Can we get some wet wipes up here or something? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored [b]18![/b] You can tell Raith definitely enjoyed them! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596048/59604745.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 17:[/b] - Luck [/size][/size][size=2]@wardenofthebluff [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Garlic Bread[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our next competitor’s name is Luck! Will she live up to her name, or is entirely skill? [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Breathing deeply.[/i] Ah, the nostalgic scent of garlic bread. Nothing tastes quite like home to me. [color=c492d6]R: Home? This. Ridiculous. [color=44caaa]A: Normally, I wouldn’t partake. In order to infuse the garlic properly, one must use a large amount of butter, and full fat spread works the best. But the delicious scent wafting from this plate, I can’t seem to find it in me to care. [color=c492d6]R: Well I can. This is a waste of garlic. I’d much rather have this draped over my steak. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I can tell you, it’s time like these that I wish I weren’t a host. That smell is torture! I don’t even get to eat any of it. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored [b]15![/b] Despite the few strong dishes we’ve had, I can tell this will be a close competition. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/353006/35300587.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 18:[/b] - Radnov [/size][/size][size=2]@solarsam [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cheese Sticks[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It says here our next competitor is making cheese sticks. Is it possible they’ve just got literal sticks of cheese here? [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Sighs heavily.[/i] Yes Latona, yes they have. [color=44caaa]A: Come now, maybe there’s a trick inside? [i]She bites into one of the sticks.[/i] Oh. There’s not. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Munching happily.[/i] It’s some damn nice cheese though. I like a good bit of mozzarella to tie me over. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Traditionally, mozzarella is actually made from buffalo’s milk! You learn something new every day. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored [b]7![/b] Maybe next time a little more cooking would help? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/371133/37113233.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 19:[/b] - Moonlight [/size][/size][size=2]@browncoatparadox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Crunchy Fried Dodo Wings with a Golden Pepper Sauce.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Hmmm, now this next dish does look delicious. So crunchy. [color=ccaa33]N: Dodo wings are considered a delicacy. They may be leaner than chicken, and if cooked poorly turns out rather tough, but when cooked well, like our competitor today, they can be quite delectable. [color=44caaa]A: Because the meat is leaner, it contains a lot less fat than other meats. This pepper sauce fills in the gaps of flavour the dodo might leave. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Staring at the plate.[/i] Dodo meat is considered a delicacy because the creatures are rare. While not endangered, I still can’t endorse the careless consumption of such a creature. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Pauses, a wing halfway from the plate to her mouth. She deliberates, before placing the wing back on the plate, looking sheepish.[/i] [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? While Dodo’s are rare, they’re not actually considered a threatened species. It’s fine to continue hunting them, but please, do be wary of how much you’re taking. Hunt only what’s necessary. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored [b]17![/b] I would’ve thought Raith would be happier with a meat dish. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/370287/37028655.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 20:[/b] - Tigri [/size][/size][size=2]@milesss [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Roasted Mushrooms.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our next contest seems to be pretty excited to get their dish tasted. Is that confidence I see? Oh no Aion, we’ve got mushrooms again. [color=44caaa]A: [i]Pales.[/i] Oh dear, not mushrooms, I really couldn’t. I just can’t. I’m horribly allergic and we don’t want a repeat of earlier. [color=e6621c]L: I suppose you’re right. I could judge in your stead! You could host this one. [color=44caaa]A: I guess that works out. [/color][i]They swap places, Latona grinning.[/i] [color=c492d6]R: Mushrooms are often used as a substitute for meat, we’ve discussed this. What I don’t understand is why you’d want to? [color=ccaa33]N: Some don’t like to eat meat Raith, and mushrooms can provide nutrients meat can’t. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Snorts derisively.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: [i]She’s chewing happily, finally glad to eat. Mouth full, she mumbles something and gives a double thumbs up.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: Do I do the scores now? I don’t really know what I’m doing. Oh I wait? Okay. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=44caaa]A: Oh there’s the scores. It seems that the twentieth dish scored [b]22![/b] You can’t just give every dish a ten Latona, we don’t end up with winners that way. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/226610/22660976.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 21:[/b] - Fatir [/size][/size][size=2]@amapup [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Fried Calamari.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L:[i]She’s now standing back up, microphone in hand.[/i] Those mushrooms were fantastic, it’s such a shame you’re allergic, Aion. [color=ccaa33]N: New dish Latona. We have some… fried calamari here. [color=c492d6]R: Not a fan Nassau? I don’t see why you wouldn’t be. Calamari is a staple of seafood cuisine. It’s incredibly tender and has a unique taste. [color=44caaa]A: But it’s not overly diverse. Due to the strong taste, calamari is rarely served with any garnish, as seen here. [color=ccaa33]N: Besides, squid is an unmatherly creature, and should not be consumed in any form. [color=c492d6]R: All the more for me. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Oh those mushrooms really did hit the spot. I won’t be tempted to steal any of the judge’s food now. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored [b]9![/b] Not a great start, but mistakes are to be learnt from! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/483551/48355082.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 22:[/b] - Dinraal [/size][/size][size=2]@liland [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Soft Pretzel Bites.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Awww, aren’t these just the cutest? They’re star shaped. [color=ccaa33]N: Presentation is everything. And these pretzels get a gold star from me. The soft golden crispness of the exterior is loyal to the traditional pretzel, and it’s clear what you’re about to eat. [color=44caaa]A: Yeah, a whole lot of unnecessary sodium. These things are riddled with salt. [color=c492d6]R: It may even be too much salt for me, and I’m a very liberal seasoner. [color=44caaa]A: That’s why you have heart problems, love. [color=c492d6]R: Lies and slander, I’m fit as can be. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? It is important to keep track of your health. Heart and digestion trouble can really sneak up on you, and it’s not fun. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored [b]11![/b] When it comes to impressing Nassau, pretty presentation is all you need! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/273255/27325494.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 23:[/b] - Igneous [/size][/size][size=2]@hippogriff412 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Fried Cinder Creeper Poppers.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Are those, Cinder Creepers? Mather knows I hate spiders. Let’s get this one over with yeah? [color=c492d6]R: [i]He’s turned as pale as Latona. He reaches towards the plate with shaking claws.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: You’re not scared of spiders as well are you Raith? [color=c492d6]R: I’m not scared, I just don’t care for the texture. [i]He has started to sweat.[/i] [color=ccaa33]N: The skill required to fry cinder creeper’s is quite refined. They are very resistant to the heat, but too high a temperature will turn them to ash. [color=44caaa]A: As expected from a master of fire, these have been masterfully cooked. Like most insects and arachnids, cinder creepers are full of protein, and with very little wasted potential. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? The sooner we get through this, the less I have to look at the horrid little things. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored [b]18![/b] Now can someone please serve something less likely to bite me. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/71736/7173591.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 24:[/b] - Chess [/size][/size][size=2]@jinxmoonstone [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mini Chicken Wings w/ Chili Sauce.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Hmmm, much better than spiders, let’s have a taste of these shall we? They look delicious. [color=c492d6]R: Now this is what I’m talking about! Sustainably sourced meat. Fried to perfection and drowned in chili sauce. [color=44caaa]A: Maybe a little too much chili sauce? [color=c492d6]R: There’s no such thing! This is perfect. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Lifting a wing by the very tips of his claws. It’s dripping orange sauce.[/i] I agree with Aion, you can barely taste the chicken under the chili. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? [i]She’s hiding suspiciously orange claws behind her back.[/i] What? I haven’t eaten since those mushrooms. This is a difficult job you kow. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored [b]15![/b] An outrage! These were fantastic, not that I ate any of course. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608487/60848616.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 25:[/b] - Pumpkin [/size][/size][size=2]@enen16106 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Egg Drop Soup.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now that’s an interesting shade of orange. I thought egg drop soup was more yellow. [color=ccaa33]N: Traditionally yes, but it seems this soup has been combined with something extra. Pumpkin. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a horrid choice. The pumpkin distracts from all the subtle nuances one can expect from egg soup. [color=44caaa]A: Don’t be so hasty to judge. I think the pumpkin makes a fine addition. The soup itself is very low in calories and packed with protein, perfect for bodybuilders and anyone working hard. The pumpkin adds all the minerals missing from the dish. [color=c492d6]R: But it’s pumpkin, with egg. It doesn’t work. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? This competitor marks halfway through today’s contest! I wonder if the second half will be as eventful as the first. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored [b]15![/b] I don’t think the added pumpkin settled with our judges too well. ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners
SZglYed.png

The festival is in full swing by the dawn of it’s second day. Crowds of dragons attending stalls and tents. Inside the large grey tent, the contestants are already filing in to line up at the counters, many equipped with fresh ingredients ready to start. A few have already begun, their particular dishes taking a while to prepare.

Latona has been wandering the floor, occasionally commenting on the particular cooks attempts. As the day progresses, a small crowd has formed at the front of the tent, where an area has been roped out for them. This spot is actually raised, allowing them to look down over the floor. A long table stands at the head of the room. The three judges are seated around it, conversing amongst each other.

The day progresses, cooks slaving away under the heat to get their dishes ready. Finally, as the sun begins its descent toward the horizon, a loud voice echoes across the room. Standing before the judges is Latona, a microphone clutched in one hand. She calls attention to herself.

"Welcome everyone, to the first round of the Blasterchef Competition! Our cooks have been hard at work preparing their first dish, and appetizer to get our judges in the mood for a week’s worth of taste testing! Competitor’s will present their dish to the judges in the order of their bays. Now we do expect this to take some time, we have a whole 50 competitors here! So bare with us as we work our way through them. Now, who’s ready to get this thing started!!!

63076348.png
???????????????????????????????????
Bay 1: - Juvia
@yakusoku15 (my apoligies for the mistake)
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Spinach Puffs

L: It seems we have our very first contestant stepping up to the judges table now! She seems to be clutching a plate of pastries. I tell you what, it’s got to be rough being the first up here, but let’s see what our judges think.
R: They look... quaint, it’s not something I would serve in any establishment, more something one would display at a hatchling’s birthday party.
A: That’s because it’s an appetizer Raith, there’s going to be a lot of things like this. Personally I think they’re rather cute.
R: He makes a non-committal grunts.
N: Shall we actually taste them then?
Silence as the judge’s nibble the puffs. Raith takes one bite and stops.
R: This is unacceptable, they’re far too bland. The spinach overpowers anything else you’ve put in here. He drops the puff backs on the plate.
A: She follows suit. I’m sorry deary, it’s just - she pauses, trying to find the words. It’s just not great. I’m sure your clanmates find them great, but we do have rather refined tastes.
N: He stares at his puff for quite some time, taking minute bites until it’s all gone. He stays silent.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Don’t forget this is only our first contestant. This will set the bar for the rest of the competition.

L: There you have it folks, the very first dish has a total score of 11! Will this be a benchmark for other competitors to beat, or is this just a bad first example? Let’s find out with contestant number 2!!

50651893.png
Bay 2: - Niah
@stanzascale
Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

L: Niah is bringing up a few dishes of what look like seeds to the judges. They definitely look, orange, to say the least.
A: Actually, I believe these are pumpkin seeds.
N: That would explain the confronting colour.
R: Pops one into his mouth. Hmm, that’s actually quite bracing. You’ve used cumin and paprika correct? It leaves a strong impression.
A: Crunches a few. Yes, and both contain large amounts of minerals, coupled with the fiber and magnesium of the pumpkin seeds, this dish would be very good for your digestion.
N: Lifts one between two claws, looking down his nose at it. If only it weren’t so visually unappealing. He bites into the seeds, grimaces, and swallows thickly.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Contestants, don’t be affronted if the judges eat only a small portion of your dishes, we have 50 contestants here today! We don’t want them to have sore stomachs do we?

L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of 18! So far they’re winning, but can they stay in the lead for long?

60853219.png
Bay 3: - Fahrenheit
@saraceaser
Focaccia Rolls

L: And the next dish is already on its way up. I do actually recognize these. They are focaccia rolls yes? A very common side dish, but healthier than your regular sliced white bread.
N: Rather plain looking if you ask me, they could have at least decorated the tops. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between these and regular rolls.
R: Chewing obnoxiously, swallowing before speaking. You can tell by the texture though. It’s a lot softer than regular bread, and if you ask me, feels like it hasn’t been cooked all the way through.
A:If all we focused on was how the food looked or felt, we would be out of a job wouldn’t we boys. If you ask me, focaccia is an excellent choice. It’s light, and perfect as an antipasto. It contains very little sugar, and this particular dish has been seasoned with rosemary, basil and thyme.
R: Interrupting. But it could be cooked longer.
A Reluctantly. Maybe a tad longer.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Please don’t forget to check out our sponsors! Roghar’s Radical Roasts. Looking for some meat that will blow your mind and knock your socks off? Then Roghar’s Radical Roasts is the cuisine for you!

L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of 15! A solid start from this competitor, and definitely a dragon to keep your eyes on for the rest of the week!

61236420.png
Bay 4: - Lithium
@sciencer
Mini Cheese Kebab

L: Now this is something interesting. It looks like mini kebabs? Aww how adorable.
R: These can’t possible be called a kebab! Where’s the meat?
[color=ccaa33N: Not all kebab’s have to have meat Raith, in fact these do look incredibly well presented. The kebab has a very rustic aesthetic, but present a dish quite elegantly. You can see exactly what you’re eating.
A: Personally, I would’ve added a bit of variation to the kebabs, perhaps add some tomato or capsicum, just to excite things a little, but the assortment of cheeses here is quite exquisite.
The judges pick up their respective skewers. Aion and Nassau watch in horror as Raith fits the whole thing in his mouth, pulling out a clean skewer.
R: Boring.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Remember when attempting to recreate any of these dishes to be aware of the dietary requirements of your diners. Lactose and Gluten can often be hidden assassins.

L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of 15! Currently tying for second place! This is a very close competition.

Ez0XdWg.png
Bay 5: - StrawberryCream
@wintrecat
Simmering Smoked Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.

L: Hold on, this is an honest to Mather hatchling. Did anyone even check these contestants? This is a disaster waiting to happen. I guess there’s nothing we can do about it now. Glares intensely off camera and off stage, presumable to a poor intern.
A: Come now Latona, let the poor thing bring her dish up, what have we here? Pauses, paling slightly. Mushrooms, oh goody.
R: Snorts in amusement.
[color=ccaa33N: Aion, just because you were poisoned once, doesn’t mean that all mushrooms are out to get you. These stuffed mushrooms actually look quite cute. A cute dish from a cute contestant hmmm?
R: Now, if you want to gain protein without having meat, mushrooms are usually a good way to go. Of course, you could just use meat.
A: Takes a teensy bite of one, before turning slightly green.
N: Perhaps you’re allergic?
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Seriously, what on earth happened here. The child can barely see over the counters? Do you want OH&S breathing down my neck?

L: There you have it folks, somehow the child scored 18! Surely this was a pity vote from our esteemed judges!

39183813.png
Bay 6: - Kate
@tomswifty
Campfire Jalapeno Poppers.

L: Right. Our previous little “incident” dealt with, let’s get onto the next contestant! Ooh are those jalapenos?
A: Still slightly pale Stuffed Jalapenos actually, often referred to as “Jalapeno poppers”. They are often served battered, or open cut but these are something different.
N: He raises his eyebrows. If I’m correct, rather than being cut in half to be stuffed, a very small incision has been made by removing the stem. The stuffing has then been piped in before…
R: Being cooked over open flame! Ingenious! This retains the softness of the stuffing, while crisping up the jalapeno nicely!
A: Swaying slightly How… Inventive… Collapses to the side
A pair of guardians rush onto the stage, loading Aion, who is quivering in pain, onto a stretcher. Everyone watches them go with concern.
L: Oh no! Those mushrooms really mustn't have agreed with Aion. Not to worry folks, they’ll get a healer on her quick smart and she’ll be back to taste the rest of the dishes in a jiffy. Meanwhile, we’ll award Kate a 5 for Aion, as she was unable to give her judgement.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? I wonder how Aion would have scored this dish had she been capable, I suppose it’s a mystery we’ll never solve.

L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored 24! That’s our first perfect ten for the day. I wonder how many we can get? Makes me think whether we did the dish dirty, awarding it an average score?

62665198.png
Bay 7: - Elliania
@katsuji
Fried Molten Gobies.

L: Any we’re back! Up next we’ve got a bit more of a traditional dish.
N: It’s not often we get a traditional dish served up to us.
R: Finally some actual protein. Alas, it’s only fish, but at least it’s meat.
A: Looking fine now. It seems redundant doesn’t it? Frying a “molten” goby. They are incredibly resistant to high temperatures, considering they can run of upwards of 60*C in body temperature.
N: Frying isn’t the usual cooking method for this fish. Usually it’s a slow boil, so that the meat is properly softened.
R: Who cares? It’s meat!
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Molten Goby are actually often eaten rare by seafood-inclined dragons here in the Ashfall Waste. Some consider it a right-of-passage to catch and eat one raw from the boiling lakes.

L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored 15! Perhaps traditional dishes aren’t the way to go with these judges,

10142190.png
Bay 8: - Quartz
@bxy26
Ceviche Mixto w/ Tortilla Chips.

L: Our next contestant is ready and raring to go. What they’ve got for our judges is an interesting assortment of seafoods.
A: Oh my that’s quite a lot of shrimp.
R: I suppose I’m going to have to wait until I get my proper meat don’t I? Meanwhile, here I am faced with a mediocre presentation of minimal effort.
N: It’s not presented very well. The shrimp has just been scooped out onto each plate, with some spring onion tossed on top.
A: We can’t judge these dishes just on how they look. Takes a bite, and promptly places the fork back on the table. But we can absolutely judge them for their taste. Did you even cure these properly, love?
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Remember to be super careful when working with raw foods, especially meat! .Make sure you serve and consume as soon as the meal is prepared to minimise food poisoning!

L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored 10! Oooh, that’s our lowest score so far today. But that means the only direction to go is up!

61411131.png
Bay 9: - Piffkriff
@samelf
Breadsticks.

L: We have our next contestant here now. It seems they’ve gone for a more common appetizer. Breadsticks!
A: And not just any breadstick, these have been made completely from scratch. Pulls a breadstick apart and chews a bit. There’s hardly any sugar in this, and it’s made from wholegrains.
N: Breadsticks are one of my favourite types of bread. It’s such an elegant way of presentation.
R: If you ask me, which you should, they should have just cooked us meat.
A: We will get plenty of meat tomorrow Raith, Mather you’re impatient.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? And now for a word from our sponsors! Looking to relax and maybe score a new friend? Head over to the Fire Friend Tank! Make some new friends among our scaly renegades.

L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored 15! It seems Raith is getting impatient at the lack of meat, maybe someone can gain is favour soon?

62601943.png
Bay 10: - Erlyssain
@claares
Taco Salad.

L: Ooh here’s something interesting, it looks like someones crushed up a taco and put it in a bowl, fillings and all!
N: A common alternative to the classic taco.
A: Now what do we have here; iceberg lettuce, red capiscum, sour cream and cheddar cheese?
R: Not to mention this ground beef, finally.
Crunches echo through the room.
A: Not bad, it definitely has a range of textures and tastes.
N: Nothing stands out about it though does it.
R: He is silent, but his eyes narrow. Then lowly, he growls. This is an extremely poor quality beef. And it’s far too overcooked.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Would it surprise you to know that many of the dragons of the Ashfall Waste actually prefer they’re meat closer to raw?

L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored 17! How about that? I think that’s the closest you’ll get these three on agreeing about something.

60002827.png
Bay 11: - Lampades
@aquaemperor
Smoky Bacon Wraps.

L: Oh Raith you’ll be happy to know this dish seems entirely consist of meat!
R: Finally, it had better be cooked right.
A: Oh it’s difficult to get bacon wrong in my opinion, and these little wraps look so cute!
N Sniffs the air, curling his upper lip. The stench of smoke is overpowering, how can you even bear to eat that?
R: Nassau, sometimes you gotta get past the smell to get to the good stuff. Throws a handful into his mouth, and moans appreciatively.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? One of the worst smelling foods in our world is the durian! This tropical fruit has been known to knock out young dragons with it’s odour, but is often described as sweet to taste.

L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored 19! That’s a solid starting score, another contestant to keep your eyes on.

13027766.png
Bay 12: - Meringue
@eialyne
Pelagas feathers, Stonespine and Honeycrisp apple chips mix served on puckerberry sprinkled bamboo leaf.

L: Now this definitely looks interesting. Another traditional dish from the north-eastern territories correct?
N: Yes. Stonespine grows exclusively in the earth and light domains, preferring the arid climates. It’s not often used in cuisine for good reason.
A: Now I believe you’re being a little unfair. If tempered correctly, Stonespine can actually be quite nutritious, not to mention the juice of the stonespine fruit is full of natural sugars, great for someone with low blood-sugar.
N: They could have at least removed the spines.
A: That’s half the fun dear.
R: He says nothing, but his plate is mysteriously empty.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? If you’re feeling run down and out of energy, maybe you have a headache? Then you probably have low blood sugar. Eating something sweet will help out. Fruit juice or honey is an excellent way to get the sugar in your bloodstream faster.

L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored 17! I can not believe our meat master give this dish a ten? That came out of nowhere!

49494477.png
Bay 13: - Aster
@missnevermind
Shrimp Ring.

L: If you ask me, this looks quite neatly presented. But, it is a large amount of shrimp.
A: She licks her lips, before crunching into a shrimp. I don’t know if I’ve said this yet, but wild-caught shrimp are actually incredibly nutritious. They are very low in calories, but contains a great deal of minerals and vitamins. In particular, shrimp are a great source of iodine, which is quite difficult to find. Further more, these have been treated with lemon juice, which I can never promote enough.
R: Chruncing. Okay health nut,
N: I will admit to the benefits of shrimp, but a whole dish of them? Get some variation. Next time try some asparagus.
A: Stuffs more shrimp into her already full mouth.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? On most occasions, wild-caught game and seafood is better than farmed sources. Not only are they healthy, but often taste better. Don’t ask me why.

L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored 18! Nassau seems to be following into a bit of a slump. Can someone get him excited again?

60991431.png
Bay 14: - Vihan
@illusivefox
Miso Cream Cheese.

L: Oh now here’s something interesting. It’s cream cheese, but it’s been infused with something. What is that?
The judges begin eating, and keep eating
L: Judges? You want to fill us in on what’s so engrossing?
The judges remain silent until all three dishes are scraped clean.
R: That was, incredibly rich. I haven’t tasted anything quite like it for a while.
N: I must agree, this cheese has been soaked with miso, a seasoning created from soybeans, but this example has used seaweed and barley as well, bringing forth a powerful umami.
A: It’s definitely one of the nicest things I’ve tasted so far, and I can’t fault it based on that. But the use of cream cheese, I can’t condone, particularly for an appetiser. Creamcheese is very high in fat, but contains little in the way of protein.
R: Who cares whether it has fat or not? It tastes brilliant!
L: Well how about some scores then huh? All our ingredients and equipment is sourced sustainably, and we’re very careful when it comes to selecting our produce. Free range only!

L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored 25! Now that is a rocking high score! Is this the mark to beat?

60181807.png
Bay 15: - Lou
@fishingnet
Roasted Cricket Quinoa

L: Our last contestant set a pretty hard bar to beat, but it seems our next contestant isn’t letting that go to their head.
R: Are those, crickets?
N: I think they are.
A: Oh come on, crickets are actually incredibly nutritious, and a dragon my size could live off a handful a day. They are incredibly high in protein.
R: Swallows noticeably.
N: Perhaps the quinoa will help dull the taste? He flinches at the echoing crunch of Aion taking a bite.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Please don’t try to eat random insects at home. Many can contain strong toxins that could keep you in a med centre for days!

L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored 13! What a shame Raith and Nassau couldn’t put aside their fear of crickets to enjoy this one.

62969511.png
Bay 16: - Draco
@kindjoey123
Tortilla Pinwheel

L: Now that our judges have cleansed their palates, some more vigorously than others, let’s move onto the next dish.
N: These are hardly appealing. They are misshapen and falling apart.
A: I have to agree. While tortillas are a healthy gluten option, the sheer amount of cheese and beef stuffed into these is concerning.
R: Scoops one up and pushes the whole thing into his mouth. He takes a moment to consider. However they may look, this contestant has definitely taken the time with they’re ingredients. This is top quality beef, and the cheeses blend marvelously.
Aion and Nassau share glances as Raith sprays the table with half chewed food while talking.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Glances at Raith who is still chewing messily. Can we get some wet wipes up here or something?

L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored 18! You can tell Raith definitely enjoyed them!

59604745.png
Bay 17: - Luck
@wardenofthebluff
Garlic Bread

L: Our next competitor’s name is Luck! Will she live up to her name, or is entirely skill?
N: Breathing deeply. Ah, the nostalgic scent of garlic bread. Nothing tastes quite like home to me.
R: Home? This. Ridiculous.
A: Normally, I wouldn’t partake. In order to infuse the garlic properly, one must use a large amount of butter, and full fat spread works the best. But the delicious scent wafting from this plate, I can’t seem to find it in me to care.
R: Well I can. This is a waste of garlic. I’d much rather have this draped over my steak.
L:Well how about some scores huh? I can tell you, it’s time like these that I wish I weren’t a host. That smell is torture! I don’t even get to eat any of it.

L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored 15! Despite the few strong dishes we’ve had, I can tell this will be a close competition.

35300587.png
Bay 18: - Radnov
@solarsam
Cheese Sticks

L: It says here our next competitor is making cheese sticks. Is it possible they’ve just got literal sticks of cheese here?
N: Sighs heavily. Yes Latona, yes they have.
A: Come now, maybe there’s a trick inside? She bites into one of the sticks. Oh. There’s not.
R: Munching happily. It’s some damn nice cheese though. I like a good bit of mozzarella to tie me over.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Traditionally, mozzarella is actually made from buffalo’s milk! You learn something new every day.

L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored 7! Maybe next time a little more cooking would help?

37113233.png
Bay 19: - Moonlight
@browncoatparadox
Crunchy Fried Dodo Wings with a Golden Pepper Sauce.

L: Hmmm, now this next dish does look delicious. So crunchy.
N: Dodo wings are considered a delicacy. They may be leaner than chicken, and if cooked poorly turns out rather tough, but when cooked well, like our competitor today, they can be quite delectable.
A: Because the meat is leaner, it contains a lot less fat than other meats. This pepper sauce fills in the gaps of flavour the dodo might leave.
R: Staring at the plate. Dodo meat is considered a delicacy because the creatures are rare. While not endangered, I still can’t endorse the careless consumption of such a creature.
A: Pauses, a wing halfway from the plate to her mouth. She deliberates, before placing the wing back on the plate, looking sheepish.
L:Well how about some scores huh? While Dodo’s are rare, they’re not actually considered a threatened species. It’s fine to continue hunting them, but please, do be wary of how much you’re taking. Hunt only what’s necessary.

L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored 17! I would’ve thought Raith would be happier with a meat dish.

37028655.png
Bay 20: - Tigri
@milesss
Roasted Mushrooms.

L: Our next contest seems to be pretty excited to get their dish tasted. Is that confidence I see? Oh no Aion, we’ve got mushrooms again.
A: Pales. Oh dear, not mushrooms, I really couldn’t. I just can’t. I’m horribly allergic and we don’t want a repeat of earlier.
L: I suppose you’re right. I could judge in your stead! You could host this one.
A: I guess that works out.
They swap places, Latona grinning.
R: Mushrooms are often used as a substitute for meat, we’ve discussed this. What I don’t understand is why you’d want to?
N: Some don’t like to eat meat Raith, and mushrooms can provide nutrients meat can’t.
R: Snorts derisively.
L: She’s chewing happily, finally glad to eat. Mouth full, she mumbles something and gives a double thumbs up.
A: Do I do the scores now? I don’t really know what I’m doing. Oh I wait? Okay.

A: Oh there’s the scores. It seems that the twentieth dish scored 22! You can’t just give every dish a ten Latona, we don’t end up with winners that way.

22660976.png
Bay 21: - Fatir
@amapup
Fried Calamari.

L:She’s now standing back up, microphone in hand. Those mushrooms were fantastic, it’s such a shame you’re allergic, Aion.
N: New dish Latona. We have some… fried calamari here.
R: Not a fan Nassau? I don’t see why you wouldn’t be. Calamari is a staple of seafood cuisine. It’s incredibly tender and has a unique taste.
A: But it’s not overly diverse. Due to the strong taste, calamari is rarely served with any garnish, as seen here.
N: Besides, squid is an unmatherly creature, and should not be consumed in any form.
R: All the more for me.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Oh those mushrooms really did hit the spot. I won’t be tempted to steal any of the judge’s food now.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored 9! Not a great start, but mistakes are to be learnt from!

48355082.png
Bay 22: - Dinraal
@liland
Soft Pretzel Bites.

L: Awww, aren’t these just the cutest? They’re star shaped.
N: Presentation is everything. And these pretzels get a gold star from me. The soft golden crispness of the exterior is loyal to the traditional pretzel, and it’s clear what you’re about to eat.
A: Yeah, a whole lot of unnecessary sodium. These things are riddled with salt.
R: It may even be too much salt for me, and I’m a very liberal seasoner.
A: That’s why you have heart problems, love.
R: Lies and slander, I’m fit as can be.
L:Well how about some scores huh? It is important to keep track of your health. Heart and digestion trouble can really sneak up on you, and it’s not fun.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored 11! When it comes to impressing Nassau, pretty presentation is all you need!

27325494.png
Bay 23: - Igneous
@hippogriff412
Fried Cinder Creeper Poppers.

L: Are those, Cinder Creepers? Mather knows I hate spiders. Let’s get this one over with yeah?
R: He’s turned as pale as Latona. He reaches towards the plate with shaking claws.
A: You’re not scared of spiders as well are you Raith?
R: I’m not scared, I just don’t care for the texture. He has started to sweat.
N: The skill required to fry cinder creeper’s is quite refined. They are very resistant to the heat, but too high a temperature will turn them to ash.
A: As expected from a master of fire, these have been masterfully cooked. Like most insects and arachnids, cinder creepers are full of protein, and with very little wasted potential.
L:Well how about some scores huh? The sooner we get through this, the less I have to look at the horrid little things.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored 18! Now can someone please serve something less likely to bite me.

7173591.png
Bay 24: - Chess
@jinxmoonstone
Mini Chicken Wings w/ Chili Sauce.

L: Hmmm, much better than spiders, let’s have a taste of these shall we? They look delicious.
R: Now this is what I’m talking about! Sustainably sourced meat. Fried to perfection and drowned in chili sauce.
A: Maybe a little too much chili sauce?
R: There’s no such thing! This is perfect.
N: Lifting a wing by the very tips of his claws. It’s dripping orange sauce. I agree with Aion, you can barely taste the chicken under the chili.
L:Well how about some scores huh? She’s hiding suspiciously orange claws behind her back. What? I haven’t eaten since those mushrooms. This is a difficult job you kow.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored 15! An outrage! These were fantastic, not that I ate any of course.

60848616.png
Bay 25: - Pumpkin
@enen16106
Egg Drop Soup.

L: Now that’s an interesting shade of orange. I thought egg drop soup was more yellow.
N: Traditionally yes, but it seems this soup has been combined with something extra. Pumpkin.
R: It’s a horrid choice. The pumpkin distracts from all the subtle nuances one can expect from egg soup.
A: Don’t be so hasty to judge. I think the pumpkin makes a fine addition. The soup itself is very low in calories and packed with protein, perfect for bodybuilders and anyone working hard. The pumpkin adds all the minerals missing from the dish.
R: But it’s pumpkin, with egg. It doesn’t work.
L:Well how about some scores huh? This competitor marks halfway through today’s contest! I wonder if the second half will be as eventful as the first.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored 15! I don’t think the added pumpkin settled with our judges too well.

“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners/Standings[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms][color=#e6621c]"Welcome back to Day 2 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our appetizers of the day, and things are about to heat up! [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486778/48677763.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 26:[/b] - Apollo [/size][/size][size=2]@dinolee [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Crispy Smolderpetal Blooms.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our first dish in the second round of contestants is a traditional one. Let’s hope the judges have left room, we’re only halfway done! [color=c492d6]R: Personally, I’m quite partial to the smolderpetal. It’s very sweet. [color=44caaa]A: That’s because it’s loaded full of sugars. You can tell that these flowers have been roasted over a low heat. This has caused a large amount of its sugary pollen to caramelise. [color=ccaa33]N: It subtracts from the appeal of the flower if you ask me. Naturally, they’re a beautiful vermillion. After roasting they become a hideous brown. [color=c492d6]R: Oh stop the nitpicking you too. Just enjoy the treat once in a while without having to ruin it with your science and your artistic view. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? How will group two fair against group one? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored [b]10![/b] Perhaps something sweet wasn’t the go for an appetizer. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/587958/58795795.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 27:[/b] - Gordon [/size][/size][size=2]@moonlitcacti [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Bruchetta.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oooh this is a vibrant colour. It’s important for a dish to stand out from the crowd isn’t it? [color=ccaa33]N: It is, but there are far better ways than this affront. Standing apart from the rest doesn’t require over saturated colours. [color=44caaa]A: That’s just how all Bruschetta is. The combination of red capsicum and tomatoes can put some off, but it’s delightfully rich in antioxidants. [color=c492d6]R: [i]His upper lip curls slightly.[/i] The taste is too strong, combining the acidity of the tomatoes and the spice of the capsicum and chili was a mistake, not to mention the overabundance of vinegar. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Another word from our sponsors: Looking to have a spot of fun, with a sprinkling of danger? Go see the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2901086/1]Ember Toss today![/url] [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored [b]12![/b] Lets hope they do better next time, it’s all a learning experience. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/272296/27229577.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 28:[/b] - Cinder [/size][/size][size=2]@aerinsol [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Nachos.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A classic dish, this one. I remember gathering around with friends after class with a hot plate of nachos. [color=44caaa]A: I think we all have good memories of nachos. The greatest thing about them is the possible variety. You can put whatever you want on them, meat or vegetables, sour cream or cheese. [color=ccaa33]N: While they look messy, I can admire the handiness. Being able to eat the utensils used to separate the food, no need for plates or forks. [color=c492d6]R: Of all the nacho toppings to go for, why would you exclude the bacon bits? This is just cheese and salsa and vegetables! [color=44caaa]A: I think it’s a wonderful culmination of ingredients. Excellent choices here. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? If you’re having fond memories sparked by any of the dishes here today, go home and cook them for your families! Make new memories. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored [b]22![/b] Another dish reaches the 20 mark! This is some strong competition. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/528709/52870889.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 29:[/b] - Nora [/size][/size][size=2]@dd2900 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Fried Mushrooms w/ Aioli.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: [i]She looks expectantly at Aion, who sighs and stands up from her spot, moving to grab the microphone.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: More mushrooms again, this time they seem to be accompanied by an aioli dip. [color=c492d6]R: I’m still not the greatest fan of mushrooms, when there’s plenty of good meats you could use instead, but I think we can all agree that these are fried quite well. [color=ccaa33]N: The aioli is an excellent companion to them, softening the heat and adding a touch of cool spice. [color=e6621c]L: [i]Speaking around a mouth full of mushrooms.[/i] Tasffs real gooood! [color=44caaa]A: Shall we move on to the scores? And please chew with your mouth closed Latona, honestly. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=44caaa]A: It seems the twenty-ninth dish scored [b]21![/b] I’m finding it difficult to believe you all gave it the same score. Such consistency. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/477385/47738412.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 30:[/b] - Kith [/size][/size][size=2]@zulaya [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Baked Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Keep bringing on those mushroom dishes! I never get to eat during these things. [color=44caaa]A: That’s because you’re a host, not a judge. [color=c492d6]R: Nevermind the mushrooms, we’ve got actual bacon this time, what a shame they’re wrapped around vegetables. [color=44caaa]A: What a shame these wonderful brussel sprouts are being ruined by the greasy meat wrapped around them. [color=ccaa33]N: They look hastily done. The bacon is slipping off half of them, and the portions are hardly even. It looks as if hardly any presentation went into the presentation, but I suppose the fact that they are quite scrumptious lessens the crime. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know our three judges have known each other for quite a long time? In all aspects except cooking, they actually get along well. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored [b]23![/b] Looks like the competition is really firing up now! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/581588/58158714.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 31:[/b] - Gateau [/size][/size][size=2]@wanderingstar [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mussels Rockedragon.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We have some more seafood today. This is a very interesting way of serving mussels isn’t it? [color=ccaa33]N: The style is usually used for oysters, but can be adapted for most shellfish. The handiwork required for such a dish is admirable. Not only is each serving so small, but there are a dozen ingredients heaped onto each shell. [color=44caaa]A: A dozen is too many for such a small portion, they’ve overpowered some of the finer ingredients, wasting their potential in the meanwhile. [color=c492d6]R: I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Aion here. They’ve tried to make it too complicated, and as such it’s affected their score. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Sometimes adapting a recipe to a new ingredient can pay off really well, sometimes it can crash and burn [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored [b]14![/b] That was some harsh critique from the judges, but so long as we take that onboard and learn from it, that’s what really matters. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/496633/49663251.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 32:[/b] - Chronos [/size][/size][size=2]@marcii08 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Stuffed Potato Skins.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: At first glance, these appear to be regular baked potatoes, but surely that can’t be it. Let’s see what our judges think. [color=ccaa33]N: Incredible, the potato skins have been stuffed and resealed to keep in the aroma. When you crack it open, the fragrance just fills the air, creating a wonderful sense of anticipation. [color=c492d6]R: The skins have been stuffed with an assortment of ingredients usually found heaped onto a regular baked potato: bacon, spring onion, cheese, sour cream and onion. By stuffing them shortly before presenting it being presented, the ingredients haven’t had time to break down and lose integrity. [color=44caaa]A: It’s a great way of presenting baked potatoes, unfortunately there’s been no potato stuffed back in, which is half of why one eats potatoes. The depth of flavour and unity between the other ingredients readily make up for it however. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Perhaps this will be an example of ingenuity reaping it’s rewards? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored [b]26![/b] I do believe we have a new front runner. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/610577/61057657.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 33:[/b] - Remy [/size][/size][size=2]@retrace [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Witches mandrake suprise.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Is… Is that a rat?! [i]She screams, jumping away.[/i] Who let the bloody rat in our kitchen?!? I will be having words! [color=44caaa]A: Now, now Latona, this is one of our contestants. Let’s at least take a look at what they’ve brought us. [color=c492d6]R: They’ve got moxy at least. I know dragons bigger than me that wouldn’t have the confidence to pull something like this off. [color=ccaa33]N: The question we’re being faced with really is the dish in front of us. I know they said it was a “surprise”, but they couldn’t have given us any more to work off. [color=c492d6]R: I’m liking it. Frankly, this rat’s got confidence, and that settles them all right in my books. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? And can someone please let me know if we’re going to have any more surprises like this, please?” [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored [b]17![/b] Considering they’re a rodent, I think that’s a pretty high score. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/404528/40452747.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 34:[/b] - Glinda [/size][/size][size=2]@brit [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Shrimp Cocktails.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Okay, I’m okay. We’ve got more shrimp coming up. [i]Under her breath, she whispers.[/i] I need a drink. [color=44caaa]A: Whenever I hear the phrase “Shrimp cocktail”, I’m filled with the fear that someone has just dipped a shrimp in alcohol and lime juice. [color=ccaa33]N: Luckily we don’t have that here. What we do have however, is a hastily slapped together assortment of shrimp and tomato paste, with a lemon wedge placed on top. [color=c492d6]R: Don’t get me wrong, I love a good shrimp cocktail, but I just don’t think this one is quite up to scratch. [color=44caaa]A: Next time, try not to drown the shrimp in the sauce, it can be overpowering. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? [i]An intern passes her a glass filled with ‘water’. She downs the drink and passes the empty glass back.[/i] [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored [b]11![/b] Let’s hope they can do better in the future! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609246/60924580.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 34:[/b] - Una [/size][/size][size=2]@moonstrucksmorns [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Salmon cream wrap bites.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve got another confident contender here everyone, let’s see if it’s well placed. [color=ccaa33]N: These are exquisite. Salmon is a wonderful choice for a wrap like this. It’s clear a lot of effort and care has been placed in the wrapping of these. [color=44caaa]A: They’ve chosen to go with spinach wraps rather than whole grain, and the wraps are made from scratch. That’s taking out calories and carbs, while also adding to the contrast of spinach and salmon. [color=ccaa33]N: The combination of the smoky salmon and the sweet cream cheese work wonders to accentuate each other. [color=44caaa]A: Personally, I think there’s a bit too much cream cheese, which can often upset one’s appetite. [color=c492d6]R: [i]Munching slowly.[/i] They’re alright I guess. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Salmon and tuna are some of the most popular fish to include in a dish, but your neighbours may not love you if you’re using it all the time. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored [b]22![/b] High praise from Nassau indeed. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/628013/62801230.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 36:[/b] - Adonia [/size][/size][size=2]@yvijoy [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Garlicky Cheese Mousse Crustini.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another delicate looking dish here, truly a gentle giant on our field. [color=44caaa]A: They look quite cute don’t they. I find it difficult to believe these were made by such a large dragon. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s often those of us who lack small hands that find fascination with small foods. [color=c492d6]R: It’s not just that the portions are small, they are delicately crafted as well. First, each crustini is brushed with garlic butter, before a dollop of cheese mousse is piped onto each. They’ve then had ground walnuts sprinkled on top, a very unique touch. [color=ccaa33]N: The ratios are perfect. The garlic doesn’t overpower the smooth taste of the cheese, while the crunch of the crostini isn’t too distracting. [color=44caaa]A: They’ve actually used goat’s cheese as well, which contains less fat but has its own developed taste. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? We’d like to remind you all that this competition is entirely unbiased. The contestants have minimal interaction with the judges so that they’re unable to form preconceptions before being presented the dishes. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored [b]26![/b] Another score in the high twenties! What an evening we’re having here. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/405205/40520413.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 37:[/b] - Shuu [/size][/size][size=2]@Sidegrinder [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Spring Rolls.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Next up we’ve got a staple appetizer, the spring roll! [color=ccaa33]N: Excellently crafted. These are smaller than your regular spring rolls, making it far easier to simply take a bite of one. [color=c492d6]R: The pork mince has been simmered with garlic and oyster sauce before being added to the mix of vegetables. This brings out it’s rich umami. [color=44caaa]A: Spring rolls require quite a large amount of oil to fry correctly, and too much oil is bad for fat levels. While the extra bit of oil brings out the crunch, it can be a risky play. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Fire’s Flamin’ Fry-Up would like to remind you that all events run this week are run largely on volunteer efforts. Leaving a thanks where you can is greatly appreciated! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored [b]21![/b] A bit of division between our judges on this one. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/351740/35173909.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 38:[/b] - Moonfire [/size][/size][size=2]@fabellaura [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Jalapeno Poppers.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh no! Our first double up dish of the competition. We knew this would happen soon enough. Let’s see which spicy poppers our judges like best? [color=ccaa33]N: These are your more traditional-style poppers, cut cleanly in half and stuffed with an assortment of foods. [color=44caaa]A: These ones aren’t as refined as the others. They’ve been lined with ham and stuffed with cream cheese before being baked. [color=c492d6]R: I don’t know what you’re complaining about. Cream cheese, meat and jalapenos? The perfect combination. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Expect more double up dishes like this in the future. With 50 contestants, it’s almost certain some of them are going to think of the same thing. Don’t let one’s higher score diminish your view of the other though, everyone put’s their own spin on things. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored [b]14![/b] But Raith sure did love them. What a massive divide in scores! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/336229/33622875.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 39:[/b] - Arietno [/size][/size][size=2]@kylaila [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Siu Mai.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oh these just look delicious. Wonton wrapped pork? Sign me up. [color=44caaa]A: I’d rather not. Siu Mai is known to be full of sodium and high in cholesterol. In one bite I can tell these have been oversalted. [color=ccaa33]N: If you ignore the health aspects, the siu mai is a respectable form of consuming pork. Everything wrapped up in one neat bundle. [color=c492d6]R: [i]He has stuffed several into his mouth, and looks a slight bit sheepish when the others turn to him. He swallows, then picks up a few more.[/i] They are delicious though, and the soy sauce adds a whole depth of umami. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Siu Mai originates from the Windswept Plateau. If you ask me, they need something warm when those biting southern winds come around. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored [b]16![/b] Once again Raith is awarding a perfect score. Something’s put him in a good mood. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/109277/10927647.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 40:[/b] - Mushroom [/size][/size][size=2]@hollowbay [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Toasted Crickets with Dipping Sauces.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: More crickets eh? I wonder if Nassau or Raith has the confidence to try them this time? [color=c492d6]R: [i]He scowls.[/i] Of course I’ll try them. I might not be a fan of the texture, but I will admit they are high in protein. And this selection of sauces will help mute the taste. [color=44caaa]A: I don’t understand why you feel the need to hide the taste of the cricket. They taste great, but with a small amount of this soy sauce, or sweet and sour sauce can bring out the umami of the juices. [color=ccaa33]N: You’ll always be difficult for me to understand Aion. I can’t get past the crunch of the first bite, and your description of the juices does not help. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? When dealing with crickets, make sure they are fully dead before cooking them, we’d hate for them to start jumping out of your pan. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored [b]18![/b] It seems Raith’s good mood is beginning to wane. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612039/61203892.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 41:[/b] - Koro [/size][/size][size=2]@krawald [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Jalapeno Poppers.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Deary me, again? This is when it can be difficult to be at the end of the evening, you risk having already been shown up. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s our duty to try them though, no matter how many others we’ve tried. [color=44caaa]A: I actually quite like these. Rather than being stuffed with fat riddled bacon or cream cheese, these have tofu, spring onions and couscous. It’s a very unique take. [color=c492d6]R: That just ruins everything you want in a popper, they’re supposed to burst with melted smooth flavour. [color=44caaa]A: These are full of flavour, what they don’t have however, is an abundance of fatty acids. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Will these be the best jalapeno poppers we’ve had so far? Or will these too fall away. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored [b]14![/b] And there’s your answer. The campfire roasted poppers are still the best! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/623936/62393541.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 42:[/b] - Diesel [/size][/size][size=2]@fallenangel [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Baked Salmon Bited.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Let’s hope our next contestant hasn’t been cooking with his name sake. We still have a few dishes left to go! [color=ccaa33]N: I’ve always loved these. While they may be incredibly easy to make, the craftsmanship here is fantastic. [color=c492d6]R: They’re just salmon bites. [color=ccaa33]N: Yes, but they are salmon bites shaped to look like salmon. There’s nothing more refined. [color=44caaa]A: Unfortunately, what is unrefined is the choice of cut. Salmon don’t carry a lot of fat, but they still have stores to keep them going through migration. It seems this contestant has chosen the fattiest parts of the fish. [color=ccaa33]N: Well of course they have. Salmon is quite tough, but by choosing the fattier parts of the fish, it is easier to break down while baking. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Every year, Salmon will migrate from the southern oceans, all the way to the gentle streams of the Tangled Wood to lay their eggs! Now that’s some dedication. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored [b]17![/b] It seems this dish really divided our judges! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629185/62918473.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 43:[/b] - Chronoxia [/size][/size][size=2]@draconianvibes [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Radish and Anchovy Canapes.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve got some really cute canapes ahead of us now, but I don’t think they’re any cuter than this contestant! [color=ccaa33]N: Another astounding batch of small foods. It must be my lucky day. So delicately stacked on these little rice crackers. [color=44caaa]A: I’m glad they’ve chosen to go with rice crackers. Altogether, these foods are very low in carbs, making them a great appetizer. Radishes actually contain a large amount of minerals, particularly potassium. The anchovies are high in iron, meaning these snacks are fantastic for blood pressure and those with iron deficiencies. [color=c492d6]R: But that doesn’t help the taste of them at all. Who decided radish and anchovy was a good combination? [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I’d like to take this moment to remind any of our audience who may have been eating or drinking during the combination to please take any rubbish with them. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored [b]22![/b] A strong score for someone so late on the list! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/594413/59441276.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 44:[/b] - Rhea [/size][/size][size=2]@aetherna [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Takoyaki.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Oooh, takoyaki? I love these soo much. I wonder what our judges think though? [color=c492d6]R: Personally, I love these. They could have been cooked a little longer, but otherwise they’re quite nice. [color=44caaa]A: It could do with a little more green onion and a little less mayonnaise, but you’re right Raith. [color=ccaa33]N: I’m not a fan of the format. It’s very messy, and often gets messy, but the taste is quite full-bodied. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Can I-ah, Can I get some of that? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored [b]16![/b] [i]Her mouth is full, and she mumbles around them. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/530538/53053700.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 45:[/b] - Chai [/size][/size][size=2]@myriadofstars [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Cheese Filled Breadsticks with Cheese Dips.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: That’s, an awful lot of cheese. It’s a good thing none of our judges are lactose-intolerant. [color=ccaa33]N: Despite my lactose-tolerance. This is too much cheese even for me. There’s hardly any bread to go with this cheese! [color=44caaa]A: They’ve made good selections with this cheese though. The breadsticks are stuffed with feta and ricotta, both of which are low in calories compared to other soft cheese. [color=c492d6]R: That doesn’t fix the problem of too much cheese. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? We’ve only got five contestants left after this! We’re nearly there. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored [b]7![/b] Ooh thats a low score. Hopefully we can learn to go easy on the cheese! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/23828/2382731.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 46:[/b] - Rebecca [/size][/size][size=2]@depravityinblack [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Garlic Bread.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Ooh dear is that bread smoking? This is gonna be a rough show. [/color]The judges are silent for a while, as they all watch the charred bread sat between them. Thick tension fills the tent. No one dares say a word. Until, timidly, Aion speaks up. [color=44caaa]A: It was a nice attempt. I can tell the portions were good, and they seem to have used low-fat butter… [color=c492d6]R: [i]He interrupts.[/i] This is horrendous, absolutely inedible. Look at this! Look at this BURNT mess! Do you even know what you’re doing? You’ve wasted your time, and now you’ve wasted mine. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Remains silent throughout the ordeal.[/i] [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? [i]She looks about the tent nervously.[/i] [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored [b]6![/b] Just when I thought I couldn’t get worse. Sorry love. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/96240/9623997.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 47:[/b] - Lola [/size][/size][size=2]@tigressrising [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Crostino.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve cleared the smoke out of the tent, so hopefully it hasn’t affected this next dish, which is definitely NOT smoking. [color=ccaa33]N: Not only is it not smoking, it’s very beautifully crafted. Each round of bread is cut to the same thickness and toasted to the same time. The spinach is placed with purpose and the feta has crumbled just so. It’s so beautiful, I could look at it for hours. [color=c492d6]R: Doesn’t help if it doesn’t taste good Nassau. [color=ccaa33]N: [i]Sighs dreamily[/i] [color=44caaa]A: Okay there big fella. Personally, I prefer bruschetta to crostino, solely because it uses healthier bread. Crostino often uses white breads, which are high in sugars. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? [i]She whispers under her breath.[/i] Surely this is better than the last one, I hope we don’t see any more scores that low. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored [b]19![/b] Nassau really loves it when you cut your bread to the same thickness! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/486409/48640848.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 48:[/b] - Crow [/size][/size][size=2]@starrun [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Garlic Doughballs.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now this is an interesting alternative to garlic bread. These can actually be served cool. [color=44caaa]A: They may be a healthier alternative, but it does cost the taste of the dish. Without the butter, the garlic doesn’t seep into the bread as well, and can often be missed entirely. [color=c492d6]R: And that’s what’s happened here. It tastes like they may have wafted it past a garlic clove on the way out. [color=ccaa33]N: Not to mention how misshapen the dough balls are. They look undercooked and pitifully plain. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? At least this one isn’t smoking. It’s going to be ages before I can get that out of my fur. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored [b]11![/b] There’s a lot of room for improvement here, so let’s make it happen! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/550068/55006798.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 49:[/b] - Soda [/size][/size][size=2]@corruptedbow [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Bruschetta.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another batch of bruschetta. It seems the bread products got popular again this afternoon. [color=44caaa]A: I’m still an advocate for the healthiness of bruschetta over it’s alternatives, but even I can admit it doesn’t seem like the best ingredients have been used here. [color=ccaa33]N: The tomatoes are badly bruised, causing them to turn to mush. That’s not what you want when eating tomatoes like this. You want them to be crisp and ripe. [color=c492d6]R: Not to mention the capsicum is dry. It destroys the taste of the capsicum if left too long in the heat. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some score huh? We’ve only got one more dish left to go people. Will it be a surprise attack from behind? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored [b]10![/b] Perhaps our judges are beginning to feel a bit of fatigue. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/627517/62751660.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 49:[/b] - Aracli [/size][/size][size=2]@baret [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Roasted Squash.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Our final dish for this evening folks! Lets see what we’ve got. [color=44caaa]A: It’s food alright. [color=c492d6]R: But it tastes like squash and nothing else. [color=ccaa33]N: I wouldn’t write home about it. The dish just lacks depth or variety. [color=44caaa]A: There’s not even any seasoning or herbs. It’s... just squash. [color=e6621c]L: How about we get some scores huh? I know it’s been a long day for everyone, and I’m so proud of us for getting through it! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored [b]9![/b] What a round score to finish us off! ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]”And that’s it for today folks! 50 dishes presented, 50 dished tasted and 50 contestants scored! Don’t feel disheartened about today’s results. There’s always time to turn it around! We have 5 more rounds to go! Go home, get some good rest and we’ll see you all bright and early in the morning.” [quote][center][font=trebuchet ms][size=6][b]Day 2:[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YGSIalT.png[/img] [b]Challenge 2:[/b] The first round of competition is finally complete. How did you do, and what do you plan on fixing up for next time? Also, tell us your chef’s favourite dish. Do they have unique tests or are they simple in what they like?[/quote]
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners/Standings
SZglYed.png
"Welcome back to Day 2 of the Blasterchef competition! We’re currently halfway through our appetizers of the day, and things are about to heat up!

48677763.png
Bay 26: - Apollo
@dinolee
Crispy Smolderpetal Blooms.

L: Our first dish in the second round of contestants is a traditional one. Let’s hope the judges have left room, we’re only halfway done!
R: Personally, I’m quite partial to the smolderpetal. It’s very sweet.
A: That’s because it’s loaded full of sugars. You can tell that these flowers have been roasted over a low heat. This has caused a large amount of its sugary pollen to caramelise.
N: It subtracts from the appeal of the flower if you ask me. Naturally, they’re a beautiful vermillion. After roasting they become a hideous brown.
R: Oh stop the nitpicking you too. Just enjoy the treat once in a while without having to ruin it with your science and your artistic view.
L:Well how about some scores huh? How will group two fair against group one?

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-sixth dish scored 10! Perhaps something sweet wasn’t the go for an appetizer.

58795795.png
Bay 27: - Gordon
@moonlitcacti
Bruchetta.

L: Oooh this is a vibrant colour. It’s important for a dish to stand out from the crowd isn’t it?
N: It is, but there are far better ways than this affront. Standing apart from the rest doesn’t require over saturated colours.
A: That’s just how all Bruschetta is. The combination of red capsicum and tomatoes can put some off, but it’s delightfully rich in antioxidants.
R: His upper lip curls slightly. The taste is too strong, combining the acidity of the tomatoes and the spice of the capsicum and chili was a mistake, not to mention the overabundance of vinegar.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Another word from our sponsors: Looking to have a spot of fun, with a sprinkling of danger? Go see the Ember Toss today!

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-seventh dish scored 12! Lets hope they do better next time, it’s all a learning experience.

27229577.png
Bay 28: - Cinder
@aerinsol
Nachos.

L: A classic dish, this one. I remember gathering around with friends after class with a hot plate of nachos.
A: I think we all have good memories of nachos. The greatest thing about them is the possible variety. You can put whatever you want on them, meat or vegetables, sour cream or cheese.
N: While they look messy, I can admire the handiness. Being able to eat the utensils used to separate the food, no need for plates or forks.
R: Of all the nacho toppings to go for, why would you exclude the bacon bits? This is just cheese and salsa and vegetables!
A: I think it’s a wonderful culmination of ingredients. Excellent choices here.
L:Well how about some scores huh? If you’re having fond memories sparked by any of the dishes here today, go home and cook them for your families! Make new memories.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-eighth dish scored 22! Another dish reaches the 20 mark! This is some strong competition.

52870889.png
Bay 29: - Nora
@dd2900
Fried Mushrooms w/ Aioli.

L: She looks expectantly at Aion, who sighs and stands up from her spot, moving to grab the microphone.
A: More mushrooms again, this time they seem to be accompanied by an aioli dip.
R: I’m still not the greatest fan of mushrooms, when there’s plenty of good meats you could use instead, but I think we can all agree that these are fried quite well.
N: The aioli is an excellent companion to them, softening the heat and adding a touch of cool spice.
L: Speaking around a mouth full of mushrooms. Tasffs real gooood!
A: Shall we move on to the scores? And please chew with your mouth closed Latona, honestly.

A: It seems the twenty-ninth dish scored 21! I’m finding it difficult to believe you all gave it the same score. Such consistency.

47738412.png
Bay 30: - Kith
@zulaya
Baked Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon.

L: Keep bringing on those mushroom dishes! I never get to eat during these things.
A: That’s because you’re a host, not a judge.
R: Nevermind the mushrooms, we’ve got actual bacon this time, what a shame they’re wrapped around vegetables.
A: What a shame these wonderful brussel sprouts are being ruined by the greasy meat wrapped around them.
N: They look hastily done. The bacon is slipping off half of them, and the portions are hardly even. It looks as if hardly any presentation went into the presentation, but I suppose the fact that they are quite scrumptious lessens the crime.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Did you know our three judges have known each other for quite a long time? In all aspects except cooking, they actually get along well.

L: There you have it folks, the thirtieth dish scored 23! Looks like the competition is really firing up now!

58158714.png
Bay 31: - Gateau
@wanderingstar
Mussels Rockedragon.

L: We have some more seafood today. This is a very interesting way of serving mussels isn’t it?
N: The style is usually used for oysters, but can be adapted for most shellfish. The handiwork required for such a dish is admirable. Not only is each serving so small, but there are a dozen ingredients heaped onto each shell.
A: A dozen is too many for such a small portion, they’ve overpowered some of the finer ingredients, wasting their potential in the meanwhile.
R: I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Aion here. They’ve tried to make it too complicated, and as such it’s affected their score.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Sometimes adapting a recipe to a new ingredient can pay off really well, sometimes it can crash and burn

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-first dish scored 14! That was some harsh critique from the judges, but so long as we take that onboard and learn from it, that’s what really matters.

49663251.png
Bay 32: - Chronos
@marcii08
Stuffed Potato Skins.

L: At first glance, these appear to be regular baked potatoes, but surely that can’t be it. Let’s see what our judges think.
N: Incredible, the potato skins have been stuffed and resealed to keep in the aroma. When you crack it open, the fragrance just fills the air, creating a wonderful sense of anticipation.
R: The skins have been stuffed with an assortment of ingredients usually found heaped onto a regular baked potato: bacon, spring onion, cheese, sour cream and onion. By stuffing them shortly before presenting it being presented, the ingredients haven’t had time to break down and lose integrity.
A: It’s a great way of presenting baked potatoes, unfortunately there’s been no potato stuffed back in, which is half of why one eats potatoes. The depth of flavour and unity between the other ingredients readily make up for it however.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Perhaps this will be an example of ingenuity reaping it’s rewards?

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-second dish scored 26! I do believe we have a new front runner.

61057657.png
Bay 33: - Remy
@retrace
Witches mandrake suprise.

L: Is… Is that a rat?! She screams, jumping away. Who let the bloody rat in our kitchen?!? I will be having words!
A: Now, now Latona, this is one of our contestants. Let’s at least take a look at what they’ve brought us.
R: They’ve got moxy at least. I know dragons bigger than me that wouldn’t have the confidence to pull something like this off.
N: The question we’re being faced with really is the dish in front of us. I know they said it was a “surprise”, but they couldn’t have given us any more to work off.
R: I’m liking it. Frankly, this rat’s got confidence, and that settles them all right in my books.
L:Well how about some scores huh? And can someone please let me know if we’re going to have any more surprises like this, please?”

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-third dish scored 17! Considering they’re a rodent, I think that’s a pretty high score.

40452747.png
Bay 34: - Glinda
@brit
Shrimp Cocktails.

L: Okay, I’m okay. We’ve got more shrimp coming up. Under her breath, she whispers. I need a drink.
A: Whenever I hear the phrase “Shrimp cocktail”, I’m filled with the fear that someone has just dipped a shrimp in alcohol and lime juice.
N: Luckily we don’t have that here. What we do have however, is a hastily slapped together assortment of shrimp and tomato paste, with a lemon wedge placed on top.
R: Don’t get me wrong, I love a good shrimp cocktail, but I just don’t think this one is quite up to scratch.
A: Next time, try not to drown the shrimp in the sauce, it can be overpowering.
L:Well how about some scores huh? An intern passes her a glass filled with ‘water’. She downs the drink and passes the empty glass back.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fourth dish scored 11! Let’s hope they can do better in the future!

60924580.png
Bay 34: - Una
@moonstrucksmorns
Salmon cream wrap bites.

L: We’ve got another confident contender here everyone, let’s see if it’s well placed.
N: These are exquisite. Salmon is a wonderful choice for a wrap like this. It’s clear a lot of effort and care has been placed in the wrapping of these.
A: They’ve chosen to go with spinach wraps rather than whole grain, and the wraps are made from scratch. That’s taking out calories and carbs, while also adding to the contrast of spinach and salmon.
N: The combination of the smoky salmon and the sweet cream cheese work wonders to accentuate each other.
A: Personally, I think there’s a bit too much cream cheese, which can often upset one’s appetite.
R: Munching slowly. They’re alright I guess.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Salmon and tuna are some of the most popular fish to include in a dish, but your neighbours may not love you if you’re using it all the time.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-fifth dish scored 22! High praise from Nassau indeed.

62801230.png
Bay 36: - Adonia
@yvijoy
Garlicky Cheese Mousse Crustini.

L: Another delicate looking dish here, truly a gentle giant on our field.
A: They look quite cute don’t they. I find it difficult to believe these were made by such a large dragon.
N: It’s often those of us who lack small hands that find fascination with small foods.
R: It’s not just that the portions are small, they are delicately crafted as well. First, each crustini is brushed with garlic butter, before a dollop of cheese mousse is piped onto each. They’ve then had ground walnuts sprinkled on top, a very unique touch.
N: The ratios are perfect. The garlic doesn’t overpower the smooth taste of the cheese, while the crunch of the crostini isn’t too distracting.
A: They’ve actually used goat’s cheese as well, which contains less fat but has its own developed taste.
L:Well how about some scores huh? We’d like to remind you all that this competition is entirely unbiased. The contestants have minimal interaction with the judges so that they’re unable to form preconceptions before being presented the dishes.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-sixth dish scored 26! Another score in the high twenties! What an evening we’re having here.

40520413.png
Bay 37: - Shuu
@Sidegrinder
Spring Rolls.

L: Next up we’ve got a staple appetizer, the spring roll!
N: Excellently crafted. These are smaller than your regular spring rolls, making it far easier to simply take a bite of one.
R: The pork mince has been simmered with garlic and oyster sauce before being added to the mix of vegetables. This brings out it’s rich umami.
A: Spring rolls require quite a large amount of oil to fry correctly, and too much oil is bad for fat levels. While the extra bit of oil brings out the crunch, it can be a risky play.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Fire’s Flamin’ Fry-Up would like to remind you that all events run this week are run largely on volunteer efforts. Leaving a thanks where you can is greatly appreciated!

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-seventh dish scored 21! A bit of division between our judges on this one.

35173909.png
Bay 38: - Moonfire
@fabellaura
Jalapeno Poppers.

L: Oh no! Our first double up dish of the competition. We knew this would happen soon enough. Let’s see which spicy poppers our judges like best?
N: These are your more traditional-style poppers, cut cleanly in half and stuffed with an assortment of foods.
A: These ones aren’t as refined as the others. They’ve been lined with ham and stuffed with cream cheese before being baked.
R: I don’t know what you’re complaining about. Cream cheese, meat and jalapenos? The perfect combination.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Expect more double up dishes like this in the future. With 50 contestants, it’s almost certain some of them are going to think of the same thing. Don’t let one’s higher score diminish your view of the other though, everyone put’s their own spin on things.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-eighth dish scored 14! But Raith sure did love them. What a massive divide in scores!

33622875.png
Bay 39: - Arietno
@kylaila
Siu Mai.

L: Oh these just look delicious. Wonton wrapped pork? Sign me up.
A: I’d rather not. Siu Mai is known to be full of sodium and high in cholesterol. In one bite I can tell these have been oversalted.
N: If you ignore the health aspects, the siu mai is a respectable form of consuming pork. Everything wrapped up in one neat bundle.
R: He has stuffed several into his mouth, and looks a slight bit sheepish when the others turn to him. He swallows, then picks up a few more. They are delicious though, and the soy sauce adds a whole depth of umami.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Siu Mai originates from the Windswept Plateau. If you ask me, they need something warm when those biting southern winds come around.

L: There you have it folks, the thirty-ninth dish scored 16! Once again Raith is awarding a perfect score. Something’s put him in a good mood.

10927647.png
Bay 40: - Mushroom
@hollowbay
Toasted Crickets with Dipping Sauces.

L: More crickets eh? I wonder if Nassau or Raith has the confidence to try them this time?
R: He scowls. Of course I’ll try them. I might not be a fan of the texture, but I will admit they are high in protein. And this selection of sauces will help mute the taste.
A: I don’t understand why you feel the need to hide the taste of the cricket. They taste great, but with a small amount of this soy sauce, or sweet and sour sauce can bring out the umami of the juices.
N: You’ll always be difficult for me to understand Aion. I can’t get past the crunch of the first bite, and your description of the juices does not help.
L:Well how about some scores huh? When dealing with crickets, make sure they are fully dead before cooking them, we’d hate for them to start jumping out of your pan.

L: There you have it folks, the fortieth dish scored 18! It seems Raith’s good mood is beginning to wane.

61203892.png
Bay 41: - Koro
@krawald
Jalapeno Poppers.

L: Deary me, again? This is when it can be difficult to be at the end of the evening, you risk having already been shown up.
N: It’s our duty to try them though, no matter how many others we’ve tried.
A: I actually quite like these. Rather than being stuffed with fat riddled bacon or cream cheese, these have tofu, spring onions and couscous. It’s a very unique take.
R: That just ruins everything you want in a popper, they’re supposed to burst with melted smooth flavour.
A: These are full of flavour, what they don’t have however, is an abundance of fatty acids.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Will these be the best jalapeno poppers we’ve had so far? Or will these too fall away.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-first dish scored 14! And there’s your answer. The campfire roasted poppers are still the best!

62393541.png
Bay 42: - Diesel
@fallenangel
Baked Salmon Bited.

L: Let’s hope our next contestant hasn’t been cooking with his name sake. We still have a few dishes left to go!
N: I’ve always loved these. While they may be incredibly easy to make, the craftsmanship here is fantastic.
R: They’re just salmon bites.
N: Yes, but they are salmon bites shaped to look like salmon. There’s nothing more refined.
A: Unfortunately, what is unrefined is the choice of cut. Salmon don’t carry a lot of fat, but they still have stores to keep them going through migration. It seems this contestant has chosen the fattiest parts of the fish.
N: Well of course they have. Salmon is quite tough, but by choosing the fattier parts of the fish, it is easier to break down while baking.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Every year, Salmon will migrate from the southern oceans, all the way to the gentle streams of the Tangled Wood to lay their eggs! Now that’s some dedication.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-second dish scored 17! It seems this dish really divided our judges!

62918473.png
Bay 43: - Chronoxia
@draconianvibes
Radish and Anchovy Canapes.

L: We’ve got some really cute canapes ahead of us now, but I don’t think they’re any cuter than this contestant!
N: Another astounding batch of small foods. It must be my lucky day. So delicately stacked on these little rice crackers.
A: I’m glad they’ve chosen to go with rice crackers. Altogether, these foods are very low in carbs, making them a great appetizer. Radishes actually contain a large amount of minerals, particularly potassium. The anchovies are high in iron, meaning these snacks are fantastic for blood pressure and those with iron deficiencies.
R: But that doesn’t help the taste of them at all. Who decided radish and anchovy was a good combination?
L:Well how about some scores huh? I’d like to take this moment to remind any of our audience who may have been eating or drinking during the combination to please take any rubbish with them.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-third dish scored 22! A strong score for someone so late on the list!

59441276.png
Bay 44: - Rhea
@aetherna
Takoyaki.

L: Oooh, takoyaki? I love these soo much. I wonder what our judges think though?
R: Personally, I love these. They could have been cooked a little longer, but otherwise they’re quite nice.
A: It could do with a little more green onion and a little less mayonnaise, but you’re right Raith.
N: I’m not a fan of the format. It’s very messy, and often gets messy, but the taste is quite full-bodied.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Can I-ah, Can I get some of that?

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fourth dish scored 16! Her mouth is full, and she mumbles around them.

53053700.png
Bay 45: - Chai
@myriadofstars
Cheese Filled Breadsticks with Cheese Dips.

L: That’s, an awful lot of cheese. It’s a good thing none of our judges are lactose-intolerant.
N: Despite my lactose-tolerance. This is too much cheese even for me. There’s hardly any bread to go with this cheese!
A: They’ve made good selections with this cheese though. The breadsticks are stuffed with feta and ricotta, both of which are low in calories compared to other soft cheese.
R: That doesn’t fix the problem of too much cheese.
L:Well how about some scores huh? We’ve only got five contestants left after this! We’re nearly there.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-fifth dish scored 7! Ooh thats a low score. Hopefully we can learn to go easy on the cheese!

2382731.png
Bay 46: - Rebecca
@depravityinblack
Garlic Bread.

L: Ooh dear is that bread smoking? This is gonna be a rough show.
The judges are silent for a while, as they all watch the charred bread sat between them. Thick tension fills the tent. No one dares say a word. Until, timidly, Aion speaks up.
A: It was a nice attempt. I can tell the portions were good, and they seem to have used low-fat butter…
R: He interrupts. This is horrendous, absolutely inedible. Look at this! Look at this BURNT mess! Do you even know what you’re doing? You’ve wasted your time, and now you’ve wasted mine.
N: Remains silent throughout the ordeal.
L: How about we get some score huh? She looks about the tent nervously.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-sixth dish scored 6! Just when I thought I couldn’t get worse. Sorry love.

9623997.png
Bay 47: - Lola
@tigressrising
Crostino.

L: We’ve cleared the smoke out of the tent, so hopefully it hasn’t affected this next dish, which is definitely NOT smoking.
N: Not only is it not smoking, it’s very beautifully crafted. Each round of bread is cut to the same thickness and toasted to the same time. The spinach is placed with purpose and the feta has crumbled just so. It’s so beautiful, I could look at it for hours.
R: Doesn’t help if it doesn’t taste good Nassau.
N: Sighs dreamily
A: Okay there big fella. Personally, I prefer bruschetta to crostino, solely because it uses healthier bread. Crostino often uses white breads, which are high in sugars.
L: How about we get some score huh? She whispers under her breath. Surely this is better than the last one, I hope we don’t see any more scores that low.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-seventh dish scored 19! Nassau really loves it when you cut your bread to the same thickness!

48640848.png
Bay 48: - Crow
@starrun
Garlic Doughballs.

L: Now this is an interesting alternative to garlic bread. These can actually be served cool.
A: They may be a healthier alternative, but it does cost the taste of the dish. Without the butter, the garlic doesn’t seep into the bread as well, and can often be missed entirely.
R: And that’s what’s happened here. It tastes like they may have wafted it past a garlic clove on the way out.
N: Not to mention how misshapen the dough balls are. They look undercooked and pitifully plain.
L: How about we get some score huh? At least this one isn’t smoking. It’s going to be ages before I can get that out of my fur.

L: There you have it folks, the forty-eighth dish scored 11! There’s a lot of room for improvement here, so let’s make it happen!

55006798.png
Bay 49: - Soda
@corruptedbow
Bruschetta.

L: Another batch of bruschetta. It seems the bread products got popular again this afternoon.
A: I’m still an advocate for the healthiness of bruschetta over it’s alternatives, but even I can admit it doesn’t seem like the best ingredients have been used here.
N: The tomatoes are badly bruised, causing them to turn to mush. That’s not what you want when eating tomatoes like this. You want them to be crisp and ripe.
R: Not to mention the capsicum is dry. It destroys the taste of the capsicum if left too long in the heat.
L: How about we get some score huh? We’ve only got one more dish left to go people. Will it be a surprise attack from behind?

L: There you have it folks, the forty-ninth dish scored 10! Perhaps our judges are beginning to feel a bit of fatigue.

62751660.png
Bay 49: - Aracli
@baret
Roasted Squash.

L: Our final dish for this evening folks! Lets see what we’ve got.
A: It’s food alright.
R: But it tastes like squash and nothing else.
N: I wouldn’t write home about it. The dish just lacks depth or variety.
A: There’s not even any seasoning or herbs. It’s... just squash.
L: How about we get some scores huh? I know it’s been a long day for everyone, and I’m so proud of us for getting through it!

L: There you have it folks, the final dish scored 9! What a round score to finish us off!

”And that’s it for today folks! 50 dishes presented, 50 dished tasted and 50 contestants scored! Don’t feel disheartened about today’s results. There’s always time to turn it around! We have 5 more rounds to go! Go home, get some good rest and we’ll see you all bright and early in the morning.”

Quote:
Day 2:
YGSIalT.png

Challenge 2:
The first round of competition is finally complete. How did you do, and what do you plan on fixing up for next time? Also, tell us your chef’s favourite dish. Do they have unique tests or are they simple in what they like?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30